Back to Castle Hill Cider

Featured
Sara Power

Married on 11/17/2018

A True Fairytale

Words can't even come close to describing how magical this venue is. It truly felt like we were entering an enchanted forest the night of our wedding. The staff there is incredible (as is the cider! ) Another huge perk was the size -- we were able to comfortably fit our very large number of guests, with enough room to dance the night away!

Getting married on 12/31/2019

Evelyn was very easy to work with. The venue is gorgeous. I couldn't have asked for a better day!

Natalie
Natalie McGartland

Married on 06/08/2019

Beautiful space

The entire place is gorgeous. We decided to have the ceremony outside in the trees, but our rain plan was to move it to the upstairs loft in the barn, which is honestly just as beautiful. I can't recommend this place enough.

User5115726

2+ years ago

GET MARRIED HERE! If you want a wedding in a beautiful barn with help from the best event planner ever who will make sure you are beyond happy with every little thing then this is your place. Evelyn Keyes makes sure Castle Hill Cider looks perfect including the moment you turn on the road to every last inch of the barn. It is truly the best experience I had had and know from other friends who have gotten married elsewhere that it is stressful and very tough. Not here! Beautiful, very planned out, throughout with the day of schedules, and just absolutely stunning from every angle. HIGHLY recommend!

Marian

Married on 06/20/2015

My husband and I got married at Castle Hill past June, and honestly we couldn't have dreamed up a more beautiful setting. Set against the Blue Mountains, and on a gorgeous estate, Castle Hill beauty comes from its elegant architecture and the natural beauty of its estate, which creates a unique atmosphere. Our guests couldn't stop raving at how gorgeous it was! And with Virginia weather, it was so handy to have both air conditioning and a gorgeous loft (came in handy on our wedding day! ) that is just has gorgeous as the outside setting.

But what makes the venue are the people. Since we first stumbled upon Castle Hill during a cider tasting tour, we were wowed by the staff who were so warm and friendly. We loved working with the event coordinator, Evelyn, who really went above and beyond in making our day special. Case in point: our Bernese Mountain Dog, who was our "ring bear", was terribly upset by the thunder and lightening storm that broke out during our reception. Evelyn and the staff hung out with the pup too keep him calm, and allowed us to continue to enjoy the night. There were many instances where they went above and beyond - this is just one of them! I would totally recommend working with them.

Chris

Married on 05/23/2015

Laura was wonderful to work with. Very accommodating, quick to respond, adaptable (we faced hurricane Florence) and the wedding reception was flawless and beautiful. Lovely setting and perfect for September.

Charlotte

Married on 05/25/2014

There are an overwhelming abundance of venues in Charlottesville to choose from but after lots of research we went with Castle Hill Cider because it offered us the most diversity when planning our wedding. It is a beautiful white barn surrounded by flawless countryside with a blank slate for the inside - giving the bride & groom the chance to make their reception their own. We got to choose everything down to the tables, chairs, lighting, dance floor, decor etc. We loved that we had so many options compared to other venues where you are required to use their planner, caterer, tables, chairs etc. There are a few different ceremony sites to choose from too (including a great rain plan in the loft of the barn) but the most special is under the Linden trees where we said our vows :) While having so many decisions to make was overwhelming it really allowed us to make our day unique. When it came to our big day we knew we had chosen all of the things that made it really feel like us down to every detail.

Evelyn, the event coordinator at Castle Hill, went above and beyond to help us plan our day. She helps not just with the venue tasks but also with planning lunch for the girls while they are getting ready (in the awesome bridal loft with a private deck/patio area) and she personally arranged and lit lanterns to illuminate the outside of the barn for after cocktail hour. She is quick to respond to emails and overall a pleasure to work with.

We are so pleased we chose Castle Hill for our ceremony & reception venue and it will be so fun to keep going back there years from now to enjoy the scenery and cider!

J
John

Married on 07/13/2013

Castle Hill Cider in Keswick, VA is, without a doubt, the most wonderful, full service, wedding and reception venue in the state of Viriginia, possibly on the entire eastern seaboard. The setting is absolutely stunning and the drive from Charlottesville, VA up Gordonsville Road to Castle Hill Cider put all of our guests in the perfect wedding mind set, relexed and ready to celebrate..

This awesome venue is surrounded by beautiful mountains, valleys, orchards, lots of green grass and huge huge trees. Castle Hill Cider is set on a farm that is far away from any type of signage, advertising or noise, and it is only a ten mile drive from the beautiful city of Charlottesville, VA. The setting is quiet and peaceful, perfect for a wedding celebration.

The venue is virtually brand new and looks new and fresh. It has a state of the art HVAC system recently installed, which kept all the guests and wedding party members very cool and comfortable. The upstairs wedding chapel is perfect for all your guests and creates a setting right out of a bridal magazine. There is also a beautiful outside wedding venue lined with a grove of beautiful old trees, and an awesome setting for the arrival of the bride in her chariot of choice for all the guests to see.. The reception was held just downstairs below the chapel in the grand ball room, so there is no need for guests to drive after arriving at Castle Hill Cider. By the way, there is plenty of parking near the venue. There are simply no hassles in using Castle Hill Cider.

The wonderful staff at Castle Hill Cider is always available to assist you in any way you may need. They worked very well with our wedding planner and the entire event could not have been more satisfying.

This is a can't miss wedding venue and we will be forever grateful to Evelyn and Trevor at Castle Hill Cider for making this the perfect wedding experience.

Carol

Married on 09/01/2012

If you are looking for a beautiful venue for a wedding, look no further! Castle Hill Cider is absolutely stunning. We recently held our daughter's wedding here and everyone was blown away by the beauty of it. Their on site wedding coordinator Evelyn was so nice and accommodating and we really enjoyed working with her and our own planner to make the wedding memorable for my daughter. I cannot say enough about how wonderful and amazing it was to have my daughter's wedding at Castle Hill Cider. They are first rate from start to finish and I couldn't have been more pleased.

Megan

Married on 08/18/2012

Castle Hill Cider was a perfect selection for my recent wedding! Many of our 200 wedding guests enamored with the site and had described it to be the most beautiful wedding they had attended. I think we were asked by every person how we found the place. It was a perfect fit for our dream wedding. We enjoyed the area and we even brought our dog for our final walk through. We loved that it was dog friendly and we had the option of including our little puppy in our day. The pictures that have come in have been absolutely beautiful.

Thank you Castle Hill for all your help!

Megan

S
Sandra

Married on 08/10/2012

This is an absolutely beautiful spot for an outdoor wedding. Many of our 200 wedding guests thought it was the most beautiful wedding they have attended. They all wanted to know how we were lucky enough to have found Castle Hill. One of the wedding planners we contacted online, recommended it. The barn is big enough for guests and we did hire a separate vendor to really decorate and decorate they did! Since we were from out -of- town, we asked the folks at Castle Hill to recommend vendors needed for food and all. Everyone they recommended did a great job of fulfilling our needs. We used many vendors and were pleased with their work. It is not an inexpensive venue, nor were the venders inexpensive, but if you want a beautiful once in a lifetime wedding, this venue came through. We were so happy we chose Castle Hill! We were worried about not having any air-conditioning in the barn for the reception. We rented through one of our vendors huge fans and they helped. However, we were very lucky that on the evening of our wedding the air had cooled down due to a brief shower before the ceremony which made the weather very comfortable. The ceremony was held outside in the beautiful Linden Grove and then we enjoyed cocktails and appetizers on the outside terrace area off of the tasting room. A really beautiful area for cocktails. Later we all were ushered inside for the dinner.

K
Kim

Married on 07/14/2012

When I thought about my wedding, I knew I wanted to do it in a barn. I live in California, my parents live in Virginia, and my husband's family lives in Seattle - so we had a lot of options for where we might have our wedding, and we looked EVERYwhere. From the moment I pulled through the gate at Castle Hill, I knew I was going to be married there. It is absolutely stunning - from the grounds, to the tasting room, to the barn itself - and working with Evelyn made the entire experience a breeze. She is beyond friendly, extremely helpful, professional, and a pleasure to work with. Our wedding day was pure magic, and our guests can't stop talking about our venue. Thank you Castle Hill and Thank you Evelyn. We look forward to dropping in at Castle Hill whenever we are in town - and refilling our supply of delicious cider!

User2630157

2+ years ago

I had my wedding reception outdoors on the historic Castle Hill Cider property in the spring of 2012. It was the most beautiful event i have ever been to. The grounds were perfectly maintained and they were so detailed and accommodating. They went out of their way to make sure we were happy with our event and no stone was left unturned.... Spraying for ticks and mosquitos so we wouldn't have to worry about bugs, mowing the grass to our liking, meeting us for numerous on-site visits, tastings, etc. I was blown away by how incredible it all was.... And on the most picturesque backdrop i could have imagined. Not to mention how wonderful john and evelyn were to work with. I'm happy to now call them both friends. A truly fabulous experience! Xo

J
Jane

Married on 04/14/2012

My husband and I got married here this past April and had a fantastic experience! The staff at Castle Hill were accommodating, friendly and helpful from the moment we booked th facility to our wedding. I could not recommend this venue enough!

S
ev

Married on 09/03/2011

Would like to comment on 6/18/2011. It is my understanding that the Castle Hill Coodinator working on June 18, 2011 is no longer with Castle Hill therefore that comment should be scratched!

Angela

Married on 06/25/2011

Venue was so beautiful, I highly recommend this to everyone. The barn is huge and can fit many guests. Truly a treasure in the Charlottesville area!

melanie

Married on 05/25/2014

This was the most spectacular setting for our daughters wedding. Evelyn keyes did an amazing job helping us through the process of holding the wedding there.

Monica

Married on 08/25/2018

Wedding at Castle Hill Cider

Having gone to college at UVA, my now-husband and I were familiar with Charlottesville wedding venues. However, when we visited Castle Hill Cider, we knew that was the place for our reception. We ended up working with Laura Blair, who was easy to communicate with. She also has experience in event//wedding planning, so we felt confident knowing that she would be our main point of contact for our wedding day at Castle Hill. We were lucky enough to have our cocktail hour outside so our guests could enjoy the breathtaking views. As well, the barn was air-conditioned which made it comfortable for a summer wedding. The barn itself is fairly bare, but it allows you to decorate to your liking. As well, they have a big stage that was perfect for our band. We used much of the cider as part of our signature cocktails, which our guests raved about! Overall we had a wonderful experience with Castle Hill Cider!

User4926088

2+ years ago

This venue is to die for, and it was our dream location. We absolutely loved getting married here, and we loved being able to make it our own. The only negative: for the price, there should at least be some ceremony chairs or other rentals thrown in.. We had to order absolutely everything, which made things a little more difficult. Beyond that, this place was an absolute dream and is the perfect place for a large wedding in Charlottesville.

User3705757

2+ years ago

Castle Hill Cider was amazing. Our planner Evelyn did a wonderful job getting everything together. I am such a control freak which can be good helping others with their weddings but different when dealing with my own. So it was such a blessing and definitely worth having Evelyn by my side. She kept my head on straight and she could see the whole picture even before I did. Everyone was wonderful at Castle Hill from the beginning and we stayed pretty true to our budget-which was important. However, I do suggest (if you're moving out of country-I moved to Canada) to give Castle Hill Cider a heads up on address and when you will be coming back. We had a delay in our deposit but it all worked out in the end. All in all a great experience.

A
Ashley

Married on 10/15/2011

Such a beautiful spot for a wedding. The grounds were exceptionally maintained. The event planners are easy to reach and work with. Our day was perfect in every way, highly recommend Castle Hill!

Caitlin

Married on 06/24/2017

4.7

We loved getting married at Castle Hill Cider! The venue is absolutely gorgeous. The barn is classy and simple, and it is located on beautifully maintained grounds. Castle Hill Cider made it easy to have our ceremony and reception at the same venue, which we wanted for our guests. There are plenty of on-site options for the ceremony location, and we chose the "Linden Grove," which is in the yard beside the barn with mature trees. Two things that especially sold us on this venue are 1) it has AC inside, which was necessary for our June wedding, and 2) it has a solid rain plan for the ceremony, which is in the loft of the barn. Other bonuses are that there is plenty of parking for guests, and there is a nice bridal suite for getting ready. The suite is full of light, and it has comfortable furniture and a private bathroom. One hidden advantage to this site that we did not realize when booking is that most local wedding vendors are familiar with Castle Hill Cider. They know where to setup, and they have ideas for flowers, lights, etc. This is helpful!

When booking this site, know that there are many "extra" costs on top of the venue rental fee. For instance, you pay an additional fee to use the yard for your ceremony, which doesn't really make sense since it seems to simply be part of Castle Hill Cider. Same deal for using the large bar next to the parking lot. You also need to pay for bistro lights (even though every wedding seems to hang them, they are not part of the establishment) and a bathroom trailer (there are only two toilets in the barn, which is not enough for medium- to large- sized weddings). Tables, chairs, linens, dishes, glasses, etc. All need to be rented too. Evelyn is the point person for weddings at Castle Hill Cider. She is very kind, although a bit forgetful with her communication. It helps to stay organized and also use a day-of wedding coordinator!

We are happy that we were married at Castle Hill Cider and would recommend it to others!

K

Married on 07/28/2012

4.7

The most beautiful place to get married! One of the only places that allowed us to bring our horse and dogs. It was a dream come true=-)

A
Amy

Married on 05/27/2012

4.7

Our guests have not stopped talking for months about how beautiful the venue was for our wedding reception. Some of my favorite memories from our wedding day: 1. Arriving at Castle Hill during cocktail hour and seeing all the kids playing soccer and frisbee on the lawn in front of the barn.2. Seeing balloons drop onto the dance floor from the loft above.3. Watching fireworks with our guests over the lake behind the barn. Evelyn and the event coordinators were a joy to work with, friendly, generous and helpful, recommending and coordinating with our vendors, meeting with us multiple times to make sure all the details were ironed out, and always putting us at ease. Hands down this is the best venue in the Charlottesville area (and trust me, we checked them all out! ) Our guests loved the cider toast as well.

Margaret

Married on 06/09/2018

Castle Hill Cider was the perfect venue for our wedding. The barn is simple and beautiful, climate controlled, and the grounds are lovely - green and rolling hills as far as the eye can see with a beautiful pond in eye-sight of the barn. The barn is a raw space so you can decorate it however you’d like, and in case of inclement weather the ceremony can be moved to the loft. Unlike other barn venues we looked at, the barn has central AC which is must in the summer. The staff at Castle Hill were extremely cooperative and willing to work with our vendors to accommodate just about everything we wanted without nickel-and-diming us along the way. And most importantly, the cider was delicious! We can’t wait to come back to Castle Hill Cider and reminisce about our gorgeous wedding for years to come.