Back to Claire Duran Weddings & Events

K
Kathleen

Married on 07/05/2019

Perfect Wedding Coordinator!

We worked with Liz for our wedding coordinator and she was absolutely amazing! From our first consultation with Claire, all the way through our wedding, everyone was incredibly helpful! We had many personal touches to our wedding which were not traditional, and Liz and her team were not only ok with all of them, but did everything in their power to help make them perfect. No request seemed to be too big or too strange. Liz was very responsive and always able to help with suggestions for vendors or advice on wedding details. She was so helpful with contacting and coordinating everything in the months leading up to our wedding. Having never planned a wedding myself, I was so thankful to have Liz with me during our walkthrough and rehearsal, since I wasn't sure what I was doing at all. During the day of, Liz and her team were constantly checking in with me and kept everything moving perfectly. We were never made aware of any of the logistics and were able to enjoy our day while ran smoothly, as if by magic! We are so thankful for everything Liz and her team did! Our wedding was perfect and I have no doubt that was mainly because of them!

Lauren
Lauren

Married on 05/18/2019

Simply the best!

When I started my destination wedding planning, I was a stressed mess! Then, I found Claire Duran and her team and my mood / feelings completely changed! Throughout the entire process I was cool, calm, and confident and that is all due to Claire and her team! From the very first conversation with Claire, I knew immediately that I had to have her as my planner. She gave us a sense of calm and made us feel like we were friends forever from how warm and caring she is. Not only did she always hear my wants/needs but, she also provided us with some amazing ideas/advice/options along the way that always fit into our budget. Claire gave us our DREAM WEDDING that was truly unforgettable! It was absolutely amazing and perfect in every way! The décor / floral /sound / timeline / ceremony / musicians etc. All were PERFECT! Claire made sure everything ran on time and that i had nothing to worry about! I am still stunned and in awe of the beauty of my wedding and all the beautiful details! We had a rather large destination wedding for the space and Claire came up with a great idea to cover the pool and she made it look so MAGICAL! My parents, guests and bridal party are still raving about how magical and perfect our wedding was and its all due to Claire and her team! My parents and bridal party loved how Claire provided them with the timeline and kept them in the loop – they literally keep talking about how perfect our planners were and we couldn’t agree more! If you are hesitant about spending the money to book a planner, please stop questioning and book Claire ASAP because it was 100% worth every penny and more! Claire went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect for us. She met with all our vendors making sure they understood exactly what we wanted days leading up to the wedding. She even included amazing details to my escort cards (calligraphy and envelope stationary) free of charge as she knew it was out of my budget but something I was looking into having. I don’t know ANY planner who does that and cares SO much about their clients the way Claire does! Claire and team also answered all my questions DAILY and always left me feeling confident that the wedding was going to be great! They truly are the best! Claire really kept me sane throughout the entire process too and we will FOREVER be grateful to Claire and her team. I only wish we could continue planning just so we can continue to talk with Claire, Liz and Maja.

Yoan
Yoan

Married on 04/20/2019

Great experience with Claire and Liz!

We used Claire and Liz as our Day-of-Coordinators, and we are so glad that we did! We planned our wedding from abroad, and they were great about adapting to our schedules. They offered advice when we needed it when we were making choices for our wedding, but never pushed anything on us. On the actual day, they made sure that everything ran smoothly and we did not have to worry about anything. I'm not sure how we could have done it without them as our DOCs!

Cassandra
Cassandra Lane

Married on 11/18/2018

Stress-free destination elopement planning

I could not rate Claire and her wedding/elopement planning services more highly. Warm, caring and unerringly thoughtful, Claire truly went above and beyond to ensure we had the elopement we'd been dreaming of.

Even with the limited availability allowed by Santorini's low-season, Claire found us the perfect venue and celebrant (no small ask!). She was there for all of our questions and challenges leading up to the wedding and did everything she could to ensure our elopement was pulled off without a hitch.

We adore Claire and have been raving about her to all of our friends and family!

Cori

Married on 11/17/2018

Our experience was magical! We loved every moment of it! Everything was a dream come true.

Claire Duran Weddings & Events's reply:

Thank you so much Cori! We loved working with you and your family and are overjoyed to know that everything turned out as the dream that you and Elvis always had. Besos!!!

Rose
Rose Bouret

Married on 11/17/2018

Unforgettable! I wish I could go back in time to relive my wedding day again!

My husband and I had a half local/half destination wedding in Dominican Republic! He was pretty hands off with planning as some grooms usually are and I was smitten with Claire's work for a few years already so I was certain I wanted to work with her on all of the planning and designing. I had found her Instagram page in 2015 and had been speaking with her now and again about all things weddings since then up until we formally signed a contract to have her as our wedding planner at the end of 2017. That was about two years of following her work on social media and observing other wedding planners’ work as well. When it came time to decide on a wedding planner I remained assured I wanted to work with Claire and her team. Claire is absolutely amazing at what she does. All of the reviews you read on The Knot, on Wedding Wire, and all of the published work you see truly reflects her and her team. She is very organized, very detail-oriented, and very professional. She is kind, sweet, and caring. If anything needed to be taken care of Claire was sure to figure it out. She catered every detail to our needs, our preferences, and even our limitations. You will be completely satisfied with your decision to work with her and with her amazing team. I encourage you to schedule that call or that meeting with her because I guarantee you will love working with her.

215Kristina
215Kristina

Married on 11/03/2018

Professional, organized, and thoughtful service!

We were debating whether or not to get a day-of coordinator for our wedding and decided to hire one after receiving advice from family and friends. It was definitely the right decision! We had done most of the planning ourselves, but we were starting to feel really overwhelmed. We asked our photographer for recommendations and were immediately drawn to Claire's portfolio. From the first meeting with her and Liz we felt so much better -- they were incredibly organized and helped us think through so many details that hadn't even crossed our minds! The big day went so smoothly... And some parts of the day were even AHEAD of schedule! They were also respectful to our families and traditions -- everyone loved working with them. I don't think our dream day would've been the same without them!

Dear Kristina,

We are so so thankful to have crossed paths with you. We enjoyed every second of the journey! You and Alden are literally the perfect couple and the perfect clients. We love you! All the best for you two, today and always!

Bailey
Bailey

Married on 10/06/2018

Can't imagine my wedding month without them!!

I truly cannot begin to imagine my wedding day, or the weeks leading up to my wedding, without Claire and Liz. With the two of them, not a SINGLE detail of my wedding day went overlooked. I took comfort in the fact that I was able to truly just relax and enjoy the weeks leading up to our special day, because they were taking that pressure off of us. The day of the wedding - where do I even begin? My parents commented multiple times about their calm demeanors, and I couldn't agree more. Any time I began to feel remotely stressed about anything, I would just look over and Claire and Liz and their calmness assured me that everything would work out. When discussing my wedding, I have been telling everyone I know that hiring Claire and Liz was the best decision I made, and that they were worth their weight in gold. I know sometimes I didn't make their lives the easiest (I'm just the type to ask a million questions, and can be a bit all over the place) - but they handled it with grace, were always so responsive, and always seemed genuinely happy to help. If you hire them, I can assure you you won't be disappointed.

Claire Duran Weddings & Events's reply:

So so thankful for your kind words Bailey. And more than anything for the opportunity you gave myself and my team to serve you in the most important day of your and Charlie's lives! We enjoyed working with you and with your families so so much. When can we start planning the first vow renewal? :D XOXO

K
Kastyn

Married on 06/02/2018

Book Claire Duran immediately! Our wedding was absolutely amazing and it’s thanks to her and her team. We had a rather large destination wedding that incorporated 3 different locations for ceremony, cocktail and reception that were all executed perfectly! Everything was flawless from start to finish, guests are still raving about it and we really couldn’t have done it without Claire. She kept me sane through the whole process and even had her brother build me the flower stands I coveted for the tables but couldn’t get in the DR. I don’t know any other planner that was go so above and beyond for their brides. We will forever be grateful to Claire for our absolutely PERFECT wedding!

Claire Duran Weddings & Events's reply:

There's nothing I could say here that would do justice to the great time I had with you and Nick planning, designing and executing your wedding. If I had to describe my dream clients, I literally would just say your names. Thank you so much for letting me and my team be a part of your Big Day! We'll forever treasure these moments. Xo

R
Rebecca

Married on 06/02/2018

Just 3 months before my wedding, after seeing how stressed I was, my groom insisted we hire a month-of coordinator. Claire Duran events immediately jumped into action, helping me break down the (daunting) to-do list and answering every question I had. On the day, they were fabulous. They contacted everyone after it started raining and we had to adjust pictures while also going to our venue so it could adjust for the rain plan without sacrificing the views and fresh air we wanted. Liz checked in with me throughout the day, and Ofe stuck by my side, carrying things like my cell phone and making sure I had water and was ok (it was HOT and muggy out). Throughout the reception they checked in with my groom and I to make sure we were ok, and they kept us moving to do all of the things we originally said we wanted to do but kept getting distracted from. Its hard to remember you wanted to cut the cake and get sunset photos when you're surrounded by all your friends who just want to dance and celebrate! I don't know how the day could have happened without Liz, Ofe, and their entire behind the scenes team. But I know that, thanks to their help, my groom and I were able to just relax and ENJOY the big day, they made the day live up to every dream and plan.

Claire Duran Weddings & Events's reply:

Becky, it give me the greatest of joy to read this lovely feedback. So so happy that we were able to serve you and alleviate all stress. And I am so blessed that I have the best teammates in the world. Thank you for all your appreciation to Liz and Ofe. All my very best to you and David!!!

Grace

Married on 05/19/2018

Claire and Liz are a rock star team! From the very beginning they put me to ease with their responsiveness and flexibility around what I needed. They offered so much wonderful advice along the way and helped the actually wedding day run smoothly. They coordinated with all my vendors to ensure they arrived on time, kept us right on schedule, and always made sure my family and bridal party and I had everything we needed. Highly recommend Claire & Liz!

Claire Duran Weddings & Events's reply:

Thank you so much Grace for these kinds words. You know how much they mean to us! We truly enjoyed working with you and Steve and we will forever treasure our time with you guys. Sending abundant blessings your way!!!!

E
Emily and Paul

Married on 05/12/2018

We received multiple referrals to check out Claire Duran Weddings and Events to serve as our month-of wedding mangers — We’re so glad we decided to work with Claire and her team!

Claire and Liz were responsive, professional, and they really exceeded our expectations from day one. We had a bunch of details and logistics to figure out during the planning process, and if a big question came up, Claire and Liz were always very quick to respond with great advice and ideas. We definitely felt like we had some backup and experienced pros by our side throughout the months leading up to our wedding. We also worked with a few vendors recommended by Claire and Liz, and they were all fantastic.

We have nothing but wonderful memories from our wedding day, and a lot of the credit goes to the CDWE team! We’re so grateful that our wedding went so smoothly and that we could relax and enjoy every moment.

Claire Duran Weddings & Events's reply:

Dear Emily and Paul, thank you so much for your sweet words and for the opportunity to serve you! We loved every second of it!!! When can we start planning the vow renewal? :)

S
S.

Married on 05/05/2018

Claire and Liz are an invaluable team and they are an absolute joy to work with! They are the best decision we made in our wedding planning! Our families second that. Everyone felt completely relaxed and assured that true professionals were running the behind-the-scenes show on our wedding day. I can't fully express how comfortable this made us. Claire and Liz were also so respectful of our desires and were totally accommodating in all planning (our church didn't allow professional planners but Claire was there for us as a friend). Even more important, they were prompt and thorough in all communications. We kept a running conversation in the weeks and months leading to our wedding. They went so far above and beyond our expectations for planners. We have no idea if anything didn't go as planned because they were there to ensure it all went smoothly for us and our guests! This experienced duo is the best in the business!

Claire Duran Weddings & Events's reply:

Oh Sarah, I am so humbled, flattered and overjoyed all at once with these words. We loved every second of it all, and if we could do it all over again we would 1000 times. Working with you and Jake was just the best of treats. All the best blessings to you guys!!!!

T
Taylor

Married on 04/28/2018

Claire and Liz were the reason why so many of my guests told me how calm I seemed! Everything ran smoothly, any hiccups were addressed without my knowing and we even ran ahead of schedule. They were attentive and professional throughout the entire night, and even helped fix my hair after an hour on the dance floor for the exit pictures. Claire and Liz are incredibly responsive in the months leading up to the wedding, and answer any questions thoroughly and quickly. I can't recommend Claire Duran Weddings & Events enough!

Claire Duran Weddings & Events's reply:

Dear Taylor, you are a darling! We loved working with you and Ryan and it was 300% our pleasure to give you a day like this! It is precisely our core value to make sure that on your wedding day you stress about NOTHING, and it overjoys me to know that this is exactly how you felt. Thank you so much for the opportunity to serve you. We wishing you both all the very best! Xo

Carley

Married on 04/15/2018

There are not enough words to express how amazing Claire and her team are! Claire works very hard to ensure her brides have the wedding they have always dreamed of. During my initial meeting with Claire she stated that communication between her and her brides is very important to her. As brides, I think we can all agree we want an open line of communication between us and our planner. Throughout the entire planning process Claire and I had a constant line of communication. If I had any questions, concerns, or random thoughts about anything, I could send her over a message knowing she would answer in a timely manner. Claire and her team provides a first class wedding planning process! Every vendor Claire recommended exceeded all of my expectations. For brides planning a wedding in the U.S. Or even an international destination wedding (like myself) - you will want Claire by your side!

Claire Duran Weddings & Events's reply:

Wow Carley, you have brought happy tears to my eyes. So thankful for you and the opportunity God gave me to serve you, Brandon and your families. Big big big hug.

A
Ann

Married on 06/16/2017

They were seriously wonderful and easy to work with!

Claire Duran Weddings & Events's reply:

Thanks so much Ann! We loved working with you and Ryan, and being part of your intimate yet incredibly beautiful celebration!!! Everything was so perfect, and we will forever treasure our planning journey with you both. Xo

Married on 06/10/2017

There are no words to describe how grateful we are to you and your team. You went above and beyond on every detail to ensure we had the best day of our lives. You guys made our day so special, we will never forget it. Our families thank you as well. Our parents couldn’t stop talking about how perfect everything was. You must know you also gave them the best day of their lives. Everything was magical. Everything wildly exceeded our expectations!
Thanks again Liz and Maria, you guys form a very very special team. I wish you guys all the success and happiness in the world, because you deserve it. Keep taking the wedding industry by storm!

Claire Duran Weddings & Events's reply:

Thank you so much for you and Jackie for trusting us with your Big Day! We loved being part of your wedding planning journey and wish we could revive that day every day! It was as gorgeous as two beautiful souls like you deserved!!!! Xo

Claire

Married on 05/20/2017

Claire and Liz were INCREDIBLE. I had thought about getting a day-of planner, but a friend suggested Claire for a month of coordinator. I am SO SO happy I decided to move forward. I am a little bit of a mess when it came to planning and the month of would have been a nightmare without them. They helped with every last detail on the day of and all of my last minute questions. I had so many people amazed at how calm I was leading up to the wedding. This meant that I actually able to ENJOY our big day. They made everything so perfect. You NEED these two super-women to wow all of your friends and family, and keep your day fun!

Claire Duran Weddings & Events's reply:

Claire, thanks so much for such a sweet review. We are so happy that we met your expectations and allowed you to enjoy your day. That was our main objective! We are so grateful for the opportunity we had of serving you, Billy, and your family, and we cannot stop from wishing you the very very best!!!! Xo

S
Sandra

Married on 12/02/2016

Claire and her team at Claire Duran Wedding & Events are beyond fantastic. My then Fiancé and I both living in Washington, DC had only 6 months to plan our destination wedding in the Dominican Republic for about 100 guests. From my first phone conversation with Claire I knew I was in great hands and that she would help me achieve the wedding of my dreams with minimal stress. She listened and understood what I wanted. She has this remarkable ability to take an idea and create a day that not only met my expectations but often surpassed what I had in mind and thought was possible.

I had so much confidence in Claire that I completely signed off the week of the wedding and let her call all the last-minute shots so I could enjoy the wedding and she did not disappoint. She made all the right decisions and tweaks. She did such an amazing job that I literally gasped with joy the moment I saw the wedding ceremony and reception setting. It was beyond amazing. As I reflect back, I realize that Claire’s hidden talent and secret for a stress free wedding planning experience, is her creative visionary perspective as it is evident in every minute of her planning.

She knows the business, and can recommend fantastic vendors in both the US and abroad, from photographer to calligraphy, makeup artist and more. She knows different cultures work in different ways (and different time frames) which can get stressful, so as a planner, especially a destination wedding planner, it’s important to understand the country’s culture to successfully interact with vendors and ensure successful and timely execution.

She planned and designed both our rehearsal dinner and wedding. For our rehearsal dinner, she also helped with designing our stationary, which turned out beautifully. We envisioned romantic and chose to go with neutrals and lots of greenery for both events. I couldn’t be happier with her designs in décor, it was all just breathtaking as she has exquisite taste.

Claire Duran Weddings & Events's reply:

Wow. I am at a complete loss for words. You have brought tears of joys to my eyes. You can;t imagine the great feeling that comes with knowing that I made you and Jack so happy about your Big Day. I will forever treasure the opportunity to have been your wedding planner. Wishing you a life of abundant blessings! Hugs, Claire

M
Maria

Married on 10/22/2016

Claire and Liz are THE BEST! They made our wedding-planning process amazingly smooth and perfect. We couldn't be happier with the decision of choosing Claire Duran Wedding & Events for our special day! :)

Claire Duran Weddings & Events's reply:

Dear Maria, thank you so much for your sweet review. It was our incredible pleasure to be your planners and designers. And you and Jimmy were an absolute joy to work with. All the very best to you!!!

J
Jackie

Married on 10/01/2016

I loved Claire and her team so much. My wedding day was completely stress free because of her. I would definitely recommend her to anyone!

Claire Duran Weddings & Events's reply:

Thank you Jackie for such a sweet review. We truly appreciate the kind words, and we are so grateful to have been part of your and Michael's big day!

L
Lisa

Married on 09/24/2016

Claire and her team were absolutely amazing. We originally decided to hire her because we knew she would be able to handle our most challenging relatives while simultaneously being mistaken for one of our guests--which was really important to us because we didn't want anyone working with us on our wedding day who didn't also feel like a friend. Claire went above and beyond. She took all the stress of researching vendors out of our hands and every single vendor recommendation she made turned out to be perfect. She got to know our taste and preferences so quickly and made everything so easy, from her online planning tool to regular check ins to responding to emails within an hour nearly 100% of the time. I can't find a single flaw in our wedding day (not even the tiniest detail! ) and I know that was down to Claire's hard work, attention to detail, and sincere desire to make it a perfect day for us. It was the best decision to hire Claire; not only is she just the sweetest person you could ever want to meet, but she's a true professional with a real love of her job that is completely contagious, and having her on our team made it possible to just relax and be excited for the big day instead of scrambling with last minute details and a head spinning with to-do lists. Words just can't express how grateful we both are to Claire, and we will remember her forever. We really feel like we've got a lifelong friend in her. You definitely will not regret going with Claire for wedding planning, I can't imagine anyone doing it better!

J
Jessica

Married on 09/24/2016

When we first began planning our wedding, we were unsure as to whether we wanted to hire a day-of coordinator. Now, looking back on everything just a couple of days later, we have no idea how we would have gotten through the whole process without Liz. While we had spoken with a couple of other planners, we ultimately decided on Claire Duran Weddings and Events because Liz was so easy to connect to on a personal level. She was friendly and funny while still being professional and organized. Our wedding had a lot of moving parts, but she made the whole thing seamless. She and Claire looked over every contract to make sure we were getting exactly what we wanted, responded to every email within a few hours, thought about details that would help with the flow of our event and make guests more comfortable, organized and sent out a schedule for the day-of that sparked a number of compliments from our bridal party, and kept an eye on us throughout the entire day to make sure we never wanted for anything. At the end of the night, Liz even packed up all of our stuff for us to pick up the next day. We cannot recommend them enough.

E
Eric and Emily

Married on 07/03/2016

We loved Claire from the first meeting. She was supportive and flexible and always responded promptly. Claire will help you plan the best wedding for your budget. She will also keep you on track with timely reminders. Start early and let Claire plan your calendar; she'll keep you focused on the priorities and still leave you plenty of time to take care of the personal details.

Claire Duran Weddings & Events's reply:

Dear Eric and Emily, we were truly blessed to be part of this important time in your lives, and we couldn't have asked for two most amazing human beings as clients. You are as kind, generous and loving as people get, and we will always cherish the time we got to spend with you! Xo

M
Meghan

Married on 06/14/2016

I am not sure there are words to fully describe how amazing Claire is and how important she was to our wedding. I am a DC based bride that got married in Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. When I first met Claire, I was about 8 months out and overwhelmed. Communication with my venue had broken down and I felt like pulling off my vision was never going to happen. Claire turned all of that around. She worked through every detail with me and gave me ideas I would never have even thought of! Claire has some of the best taste and style I have ever seen- her work being constantly featured on some of the most popular wedding blogs is no coincidence. I have no doubt at all that her influence helped shaped my gorgeous wedding. She always knew the exact right way to take one of my ideas and bring it to life in a way beyond what I imagined!

More than just creating a beautiful wedding design- Claire always went above and beyond to be my planner in every respect. She was always extremely responsive and unbelievably organized. I knew she had a million things going on but I always felt like she knew exactly what was going on with my wedding and that I was a priority. When you are planning a wedding in a foreign country where sometimes weddings take on a factory feeling, I always felt like Claire made me feel special and had my back.

For any DC based brides, I cannot recommend Claire enough. For anyone getting married in the DR- having Claire as your planner will be the best decision you will make for your wedding. Having Claire travel with us to the DR saved our wedding. I am typically an anxious person but with Claire there, I felt so calm and relaxed because I knew that absolutely everything was in control. Claire also personally oversaw the execution of my vision to make sure that everything was perfect on the day! My guests were blown away by how gorgeous it was! My now husband, mother, and mother-in-law also constantly sing her praises! 1000% Recommend!

Claire Duran Weddings & Events's reply:

Meg, you are the kindest bride ever. And I enjoyed every second I got to work with you and Taylor. You were a dream client, and I will treasure our journey together towards the planning of your wedding forever. I cannot thank you enough for the thoughtfulness of this review, and I am extremely happy that I was able to serve you! Sending you all the love in the world, Claire