Reviews
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Katie
Matthew Cope is AWESOME! #1 he helps keep you wedding party in order before they walk down the aisle, so that things go smoothly. #2 He is super flexible, we changed the slideshow music 2 hrs before and he was accommodating. #3 He is a great DJ & keeps your guests entertained. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a responsible, trustworthy, reliable awesome dj! Thank you Cope entertainment! -Katie Bravo
Wedding: 08/20/2016

Katie
Matthew Cope is a great DJ and MC! I would recommend him to everyone looking for someone that wants a flexible,reliable and awesome wedding planner. Matthew put together a great timelime for our wedding. We completely forgot to get a back drop for oir head table, matthew made it look beautiful with uplighting behind the head table. About 2 hours before the wedding i dedided to change a song for the slideshow. He did that with no problem at all. Then right before the ceremony he got my wedding party in order quick to walk out. They looked amazing because of his great direction. He kept our party going with great music, lights and events, garter and bouqet toss, money dance, ext. I would definitely call him again for any event. Thank you Matthew for making Shawn and I have an amazing day and making it go so smoothly. Sincerely Shawn and Katie Bravo
Wedding: 08/20/2016

Tatum
Matthew was extremely helpful with planning the timeline of the ceremony and I couldn't have asked for a better MC to guide the night smoothly and effortlessly. I didn't have an event coordinator for the reception and he worked great with my venue, caterers, and photographers to make sure the night transitioned flawlessly.
Wedding: 08/06/2016

Sara
DJ Matthew Cope was a perfect DJ for our wedding. He was upbeat and played all the music we wanted to hear! He was also extremely flexible when our timeline went a bit off as the night got later. We would highly recommend him.
Wedding: 07/22/2016

Laura
Matthew both listened to our desires regarding the type of atmosphere we wanted at our wedding and delivered just that!! His experience and professional creative skills were amazing!! My husband and I would highly recommend Cope Entertainment to anyone! Laura Saechao
Wedding: 06/12/2016

Casey
So you're looking for a DJ for your special event? A wedding perhaps? Well my wife and I were too, and we're SO lucky that we found Matthew! I found Matthew through Yelp actually, and after talking with him via email and phone, we felt confident that he'd be a good choice. What I didn't know at the time, is that I was wrong...he was literally the PERFECT choice! Matthew makes the process extremely easy for you. He's got an online planner that you plug all your details into, plug songs into, plug requests from guests into, fill out that handy "do not play" list for all those boring or rowdy songs, etc. He set up a few phone calls with us to make sure we were all set up and on track, he met us at the venue in person to discuss details and layout during the wedding, and we never felt pressured or overwhelmed by any part of the process. So let's get to the day of the wedding. The setup looked great, Matthew was on time, had his gear ready to go, and playlist ready to reign fire down on the dance floor. As far as the MC'ing portion of his job that night, he was great. Everything went smooth as butter. I had literally 10+ guests come up to me and compliment me on "my" awesome playlist of songs. Although I wouldn't mind the compliment at all, it wasn't mine to keep. We honestly didn't give Matthew a ton of help. We more or less just gave him some examples of artists we like and he worked his magic. Dancing was great too! He got everyone out on the dance floor no problem and kept the night going until the venue kicked us all out. Check out my review on yelp for more details (limited by number of characters here haha). Matthew...thank you for an absolutely awesome night! Everyone else...trust me...just book with Cope! :)
Wedding: 06/10/2016

Janel
Matthew was our DJ at our wedding 06/26/16. He listened to our wants and delivered. He was very flexible when things didn't go as timely as planned and he was very helpful. I just wish the party could have kept on going! Our guest had a wonderful time. Matthew did a great job keeping the party going!
Wedding: 06/10/2016

Sean
Feel comfortable stopping your DJ search right now. Matthew is the real deal. He made the planning process incredibly easy and made his expertise apparent until the big day. Planning from a distance, he was able to meet with us several times over Skype and on the phone. The big day went off without a single issue. Matthew is a natural behind the microphone and took control of the entire event. He is very reasonably priced for the quality of DJ/MC that you receive. He has a professional set up and excellent equipment. We provided him with our own projector and laptop for a slideshow that he operated and tore down with no hesitation. We also provided him with a difficult dancing crowd but he did a wonderful job switching things up and getting people onto the dance floor. From sitting everyone down before the ceremony all the way to closing out the reception, Matthew was the perfect DJ/MC for our wedding. We couldn't be happier and I highly recommend Cope Entertainment for your wedding and reception.
Wedding: 04/30/2016

Allison
I can't say enough good things about Matthew Cope and Cope Entertainment. My guests raved about him and the music immediately after the wedding and in the days following. His website is easy to use and lets you create an exact timeline of the wedding from start to finish. When I was unsure about some details he made himself available to talk it through and help me resolve any uncertainties with my music choices. He is absolutely more than just a DJ. He kept the timeline flowing smoothly. He kept in constant communication with us knowing what time the photographer was finished. He also helped control the speeches and made sure the mic didn't get passed around (one of my fears lol). He is entertaining, attentive to details, and just all around fun. I would absolutely recommend his services in a heartbeat! And probably a good sign, our friends booked him for their wedding after seeing the incredible job he did at our wedding. Can't wait to experience Cope Entertainment again in a few months!
Wedding: 04/15/2016

Bensun
Matthew was a great DJ for our wedding. We got so many compliments about him. He was professional, and very helpful during the planning stages. He has a good personality, and is easy to get along with. He ran our wedding very smoothly. We could tell he had a lot of experience as a wedding DJ. He did a great job with the music selection, and was always available with any questions or concerns that we had. We would definitely recommend him to any of our friends and family!
Wedding: 04/02/2016

Jibraun
Stop searching and hire this man RIGHT NOW. Cope entertainment provided my wife and I with the highlest-quality, valuable and professional service imaginable. Every aspect of Mr Cope's production services are tailored to fit his customer's needs and desires, he is extremely personable (a MUST for MCs) and exceeded every expectation that we had. This guy knows what he is doing and plays that funky music like no other! Great mixes, great sense of audience, great quality. Cope Ent. is definitely our preferred choice BY FAR. -J&T Lopez
Wedding: 02/28/2016

User6428753
Matthew Cope was our DJ, Master of Ceremonies and he provided ceremony music. He was fantastic. He has a great personality that shined through in his MC capacity. He provided ceremony music and music during hors d'oeuvres and dinner and then for dancing. Matt has this great software that allows you to find and pick music for the entire evening. He also picked several songs on his own and we had a perfect match for the evening of the kind of music our crowd liked. My mother commented that he had a great personality and helped move the evening along and make the event. The music was so fitting for our crowd that tables were singing along during dinner. We danced almost every single song that night because it was all so perfect for our crowd. My brother commented a month later about how good every song was that evening. Matt made our wedding night so very special and created the perfect soundtrack of our evening. Everyone had a wonderful time at our reception. Go with Matt! He is the best.
Wedding: 2+ years ago
Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ

Angela
Matthew brought so much energy to our wedding day celebrations. You shouldn't underestimate the importance of a good DJ/MC, and Matthew is GREAT! He kept everything flowing smoothly and had everyone dancing all evening long. The whole planning process was a breeze with the online planner and song request portal, and Matthew checked in with us often to make sure we were happy with every detail.
Wedding: 12/20/2015

Courtney
Matt did a great job DJing our Placerville wedding. We appreciated that he took the time to get to know us and our music tastes beforehand, and that we could use his website to request songs and create our "do not play" list. Most of all, Matt was a true professional throughout our wedding day. His introductions and announcements were classy and fun, and he did an excellent job of giving our guests (and us) a heads up before each part of the reception (toasts, cake cutting, etc.) so that everyone knew exactly when everything was going to happen. Matt's many years of experience really show - my husband and I knew our wedding was in good hands when we decided to hire him, and we'd highly recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ in the greater Sacramento area.
Wedding: 11/07/2015

Robin
Matt was easy to talk to and provided awesome guidance when helping up plan our special day. He has a wide range of music, but if he doesn't have it, don't worry he will get it. Matt was able to incorporate all of our requests and help keep our wedding day on track with his MC skills. Our guests loved him!
Wedding: 10/09/2015

Amy
Matthew is so much more than a DJ - he's an emcee, an entertainer and the life of the party. We had such a great time with him at our wedding in September, and would choose him a thousand times over if we could! We picked Cope Entertainment off of Wedding Wire about a year in advance of our big day. My husband is very picky when it comes to music and lighting, but was comfortable when reading through past reviews. We had an introductory call with Matthew and knew right away he was just the DJ we needed. His online tool made planning so simple leading up to the wedding. We were a little difficult when it came to music, with my roots in country, his in oldies and the need for some pop crowd pleasers - but Matthew got it just right. People of all ages were dancing and having a great time. We had folks coming up to us throughout the night to ask who he was and if they could get his card. Everything was timed perfectly, there were no mic issues and he did a beautiful job lighting the space. Matthew also surprised is with lighting a 100+ year-old oak tree, which we had talked about, but decided against. It was such a great add to the atmosphere (see photo!) He also set up and broke down without us ever knowing it was happening. I would recommend him to anyone!
Wedding: 09/26/2015

Jessica
Matthew was amazing!! He goes above and beyond to make your day perfect. We contacted Matthew only a few months before our non traditional wedding reception and he took all the stress away. He is so relaxed and even when we didn't give him much to work with he made the night amazing. He feed off our friends and families and kept everyone on the dance floor (which is exactly what we wanted). He even added on an extra hour at the end because no one wanted to leave. In addition, I had a minor dress malfunction and Matthew saved the day with a sewing kit! We will definitely contact Matthew again for future events :)
Wedding: 08/28/2015

Kelly
Matt Cope is amazing! We could not be happier with the selection. Matt provides an online portal where you can enter in all of the ceremony details, timeline, song selections and much more. It really helped us stay on track and plan ahead. We didn't have to stress over anything because I knew we were in good hands with Matt. Matt provided both DJ and MC services for us. He had our wedding guests on the dance floor all night. He played all of our songs and knew exactly what our guests wanted to dance to. He has a great personality and was very easy to work with. We highly recommend Matt Cope for any event. He is truly worth it!
Wedding: 07/10/2015

Kyle
Matthew did an amazing job across the board for our wedding at the Elks Tower in Sacramento. Not only does he have all the qualities of a good DJ (professional and punctual with vast musical knowledge), but he also possesses those more intangible qualities that make for a first-rate DJ (charisma, a great voice, the ability to read the vibe of a room and dance floor and adjust the music accordingly, and the skill to interact with a crowd in subtle yet important ways without ever coming across as cheesy or inauthentic). In short, he established the perfect “presence” at our wedding, maintained the flow of the evening with ease, and played the perfect mix of music for our ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing (guests continuously complimented us on our choice of DJ, and are still doing so a month after). It was clear that Matthew cared about our vision for our wedding and worked with us beforehand to create an evening that satisfied both our musical tastes as well as those of our guests. For those that want someone cool under pressure with the ability to keep everyone dancing late into the night, my wife and I recommend Matthew wholeheartedly.
Wedding: 06/20/2015

Brooke
Matthew is great to work with and wonderful at what he does. Since we were planning our wedding from out of town, he was very flexible in scheduling Skype sessions to help plan and coordinate. His online tools and resources made choosing music and specific songs much easier and he had great ideas that fit our styles and preferences. We received great feedback from guests on our fun and energetic DJ who kept everything moving seamlessly. Our last dance was to one of Matt's suggestions and it was the highlight of our whole night!
Wedding: 06/13/2015