Reviews
Value
Flexibility

4.7
Tanner
Matt was an absolute professional to work with. He was calming and engaging over the phone in the month leading up to our wedding; and even better in person. His website is also top notch and really helped us get ready for the big day. Highly recommend Matt to any wedding planners out there!
Wedding: 07/07/2018

Ryan
Matthew is a great DJ and an even better person. He is professional, knowledgeable, and caring. We had booked two DJ's prior to finding Matthew, only to have them flake. Matthew saved us and even price matched the previous DJ, even though he was under no obligation to do so. Our only regret is that we did not find him first! Matthew went above and beyond, and I would recommend him for any of your music needs.
Wedding: 06/15/2018

Rebecca
Matthew was a great DJ, from the beginning planning process through the set up and day of. He kept everything moving and flowing throughout the night. Everyone danced and there wasn't anyone left without sore feet the next day. After our wedding we received so many compliments about how much fun everyone had and how good the DJ and the music selection was. I would absolutely recommend Matthew to anyone. A professional from beginning to end.
Wedding: 05/26/2018
Services Used: DJ, Unique Services (Other)

Teresa
Where do I even begin with Matthew?? My now husband and I live in Philadelphia but were getting married in Sacramento. He communicated with us responsively and timely regarding our reception being held at Capitol Plaza Ballrooms in Sacramento; Matthew also has this awesome online portal that allows you to choose the songs and put in helpful information about your reception. He was so so professional and kind during this whole process and really helped make our day special! He called us several times to talk about the wedding and really made the reception about us and our tastes. During the process, I decided to go with uplighting at the reception, and he scheduled a meeting with my sister living in Sacramento to go to the venue and decide which uprights look best. During the reception, he even played the Philadelphia Eagles song at the request of my husband which really made our guests' night!! Those are just some of the things Matthew did to make this process easy and our special day so memorable. He is an incredibly talented DJ and I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND him and his services!!!
Wedding: 05/19/2018

Kate
My husband and I chose Matthew Cope as our wedding DJ. We cannot say enough nice things about him! He is very attentive, thoughtful and most importantly, rocked the dance floor! From the very beginning, he planned each meeting and paid careful attention to everything we wanted - even my 100 song play list! The night of, he was on time, catered to our every need (even got us drinks!), checked iadded appropriate/thoughtful/funny remarks, and got everyone on the floor. We would HIGHLY recommend him!
Wedding: 04/27/2018

Melissa
I would hands down recommend Matthew Cope and Cope Entertainment for DJ and wedding needs! One of the first things he said to me about being a DJ at a wedding was that it isn’t his job to be the center of attention, it’s his job to “make sure nobody wants to leave.” And this is just the kind of DJ we wanted at our wedding. My husband and I had an amazing experience working with him. He met with us in person and helped feel out the kind of wedding we wanted. He was incredibly responsive by email, text, and via the website he uses to pull together the format for events. And the website he uses is an excellent tool for helping to form your ideas for what songs are needed and when. With our wedding being off season and at a preferred venue (the Firehouse Restaurant) he also worked with us on pricing and payment, which was very helpful and considerate. And on the day of the wedding he was the perfect DJ for our day. He was on time, professional, good humored, and he kept the day rolling and fun. He mixed music that was perfect for us, got the guests dancing, and made sure to mention the things we wanted him to. He kept things moving on time which is something I can’t recommend enough to have someone else doing at a wedding. You’ll be too distracted to do it and want someone you can trust. Matthew is definitely a guy you can trust! He helped make our day memorable and fun, and I’ll forever be glad for those memories!
Wedding: 11/18/2017

Jeramie
First off I must say, Matthew is a very professional and talented DJ. As my wife can attest, I am not often this impressed, which has ultimately moved me to take some time to review Matthew’s work with and for us. I had no idea what to expect in a wedding DJ, other than he should play some good love songs and hopefully nothing that I hate, right? I’ve been to a few weddings, even DJ’d one myself, and all of that pales in comparison to what Mathew brings to the table. We hired him based on suggestion from our wedding planner Randy at the Firehouse. From our first face to face meeting I knew he had his act together. I tried diligently to stump him, but his musical knowledge is unparalleled! I can even say I feel a little more musically enlightened. He made it very easy for us to suggest music, even to the point that I needed only to tell him names of bands that I listened to and he would be able to fine something that would work for a wedding. What? Really? So I tested that too, and he pulled it off. He did give me the song list that he was going to play before our wedding day, but I decided to hold off and enjoy it in the moment. Every song that I heard I was impressed! Yes, I did get a Faith No More song played at my wedding! Well played, Matthew, well played indeed! Not to mention all the other wonderful heart felt tunes and obscure covers that fit the mood. Just amazing. And that’s just our songs. He did a great job of mixing in songs from our guests and played stuff that makes everyone get on the dance floor and have a great time. He did a fantastic job of keeping everything moving along with no audible gaps, announcing when things were happening, where things were happening, an all around bang up job of MC’ing so that my wife and I could celebrate our wedding day with our friends and family and not have to worry about a thing. I can’t said it enough about him, if you want or need a wedding DJ, he's your man. Thank you again Matt! - Jeramie Ivie
Wedding: 11/18/2017

Norma
An excellent master of ceremony, worked well with our song choices and provided a level of service beyond what we could have hoped for. His entertainment level drew in all of our guests. Whether a large group or small intimate gathering, Mathew's artistry is exactly the DJ for your event.
Wedding: 08/06/2017

Megan
I cannot recommend Matthew Cope and Cope Entertainment enough. He MCed and DJed for my wedding on June 24 and he did such an amazing job! Before the wedding, he was incredibly responsive and happy to meet and discuss as much as we needed. The online planner made it so easy and fun for us to plan our playlist and give all the details that made our day extra special. I am a very detailed-oriented person and music is incredibly important to me, so I had a lot of special requests and particulars that I wanted for my wedding, and he made sure everything was absolutely perfect! On the day of, Matt took great care of us. He was right by our sides, making sure we were happy and having a great time. His MCing was absolutely on point and he got our crowd super pumped and excited. We completed trusted him with the timeline and he kept the whole night running so smoothly. I cannot say enough how awesome his DJing was! EVERYONE was on the dance floor (all the way from my little old grandma to my 14 and 16 year old cousins) having an absolute blast! Every song, and I mean every single one, was perfect and segued flawlessly. His equipment sounded amazing and it was never too loud or distorted or too quiet. My guests made requests and I heard all my favorite music all night long. We got so many compliments that it was the best dancing and most fun our guests had ever had at a wedding. I absolutely don't doubt it -- it was seriously the best dancing and best party I have ever been to! If you can, book him today! I cannot recommend Cope Entertainment enough. Absolutely perfect and amazing job!
Wedding: 06/24/2017

Emily
Matthew did a great job at our wedding! Everything he needed leading up to the wedding was super easy and stress free for us, he really worked hard to make sure he wasn't adding alot of extra onto our plate. We got a ton of compliments on the music!
Wedding: 06/09/2017

Stacy
Matthew is awesome! We hired him to dj/mc our wedding this past May and he definitely surpassed our expectations. He was funny, polite, professional, and played every song we had asked. He also spent extra time making sure the aisle songs I had chosen were played at the correct timing. Matthew kept the party going even after we (bride and groom) left and we heard everyone had a blast! Thank you Matthew!
Wedding: 05/20/2017

Leticia
Awesome DJ! He was very friendly and funny during our reception, but most of all he played all the songs we requested and played a wonderful array of music that kept everyone dancing like crazy.
Wedding: 05/13/2017

Joe
Matt was a great DJ. You can tell he is doing what he loves.
Wedding: 05/06/2017

Casandra
Matt was our DJ for March wedding in Sacramento and did an amazing job. We live in San Jose but the wedding planning process was easy with him. Most of the planning was done online. We skyped several times to talk about details and points and to make sure we were on track. We had some unusual musical requests and Matt really got into it for us. We had a lot of video game/movie music selected and he took liberties incorporating other selections that people raved about afterward. We were very happy he was able to incorporate our nerdiness without it being too in your face. The gamers/movie lovers got the references but people who weren't into it just heard nice music - which is what we wanted. We had other genre music as well and it was a big hit with the crowd. Overall, he DJ'ed the event amazingly. People liked him and he kept the event on track. Afterward, there was one word that people used to describe our wedding: Fun. Which is exactly what we wanted.
Wedding: 03/11/2017

User6591757
We hired Matt at Coper Entertainment for our wedding at the firehouse in 11/2016. He was by far our favorite vendor of the day. He was listed as a preferred vendor and we can see why! From the beginning, he was very personable, down to earth, and easy going. We communicated through emails then on Skype. He was very prompt with correspondence and always made sure the music matched our taste. A day before our wedding, we met with him once more to go over the wedding program. We felt at ease and relaxed knowing that our music will be in good hands. An added bonus is that Matt showed up dressed up in a dapper outfit with button up shirt and tie. This may seem small, but it meant a lot to us that he was dressed up and was truly excited to be there to celebrate with us. My husband and I love all types of music and he really captured what we love in the playlist on our wedding day. Everyone has been raving about the music from our wedding, not just during open dancing, but during cocktail hour and dinner as wel.. We had such a great time. I had so much fun, in fact, I never left the dance floor :) At then conclusion of the night, he even stuck around to answer random questions that I had for him. Thank you, Matt for capturing our personalities and making our wedding one for the ages! We thank our lucky stars that Randy referred us to you because without you, our wedding wouldn't have been as special. We will recommend you in a heartbeat!
Wedding: 1+ year ago

Cheryl
The party doesn't stop with DJ Matthew Cope! Let's admit that choosing a DJ can be difficult. Whereas anything else with a wedding, you can look at pictures of flowers, cakes, venues etc. but with a DJ, it could be paying a $1,500 ticket to a concert for a band you've never heard of. So let's take the guessing out of it entirely and enter DJ Matthew Cope. For the super organized bride like myself, his song selection data base system was a dream. It is a web-based system where you can fill out every song on the MUST PLAY as well as the DO NOT play lists and all the details for the day. But don't worry if you're aren't particular as I am because Matthew knows how to read a crowd better than anyone else. Not only does he keep the party going all night with the best music, but he has a "radio voice" that naturally commands a room. He knows how to direct a wedding party and guests to make sure everyone is on time, having fun, and even makes sure the bride doesn't trip in that random crack on the ground. If you want to have the best wedding with an experienced, detailed, professional, DJ Matthew Cope is your best bet.
Wedding: 10/20/2016

Jon
Matt at Cope Entertainment was a standout service provider during our wedding! We had the opportunity to see him in action before our date, at one of our friends weddings, and we were sold from that moment on. He was very kind, responsive to emails, and would be willing to come to you for in person meetings. Planning with him for the big day was very simple and enjoyable. During our wedding his dress and demeanor were very classy and professional, and he was actually the most attentive person providing a service at our wedding. (Even more so than the venue staff) I would highly recommend using Matt Cope of Cope Entertainment for your future wedding.
Wedding: 10/16/2016

Elyssa
Matt was enthusiastic, professional, reliable, and communicative from the time of our very first chat, to the very end of our Reception! Planning with him was a breeze since he has his own Client Portal that you can log into to choose your “must-have” songs and plan the loose flow of how you want your ceremony/reception to go. You are able to access this for months before “the big day” and it was super easy to use and modify whenever. When we met with him a few weeks before our event, he was extremely easy-going and was very focused on delivering the type of reception that WE wanted to have. He is truly interested in giving you an in individualized experience and creating a vibe that is customized to both your crowd and style. My husband and I were planning a reception only since we would be getting married in a semi-private ceremony in Tahoe a few days before. Since the wedding ceremony formalities would basically be over, we really just wanted a fun, upbeat, celebratory atmosphere with a lot of dancing and a combination of music that would please both our friends in their late 20’s/early 30’s, as well as our family and their friends too. He absolutely delivered on this front, and had the dance floor packed with people of all ages throughout the entire 3 hours that it was open! We got so many compliments from our guests in the days following saying what a blast they had at our reception, and I know that this is largely because of Matt and his ability to read our crowd! Not only that, but he managed the flow of our evening perfectly. He followed our planned timeline but was also totally flexible with the timing of our first dance, speeches, etc. and made little tweaks and announcements as necessary without us needing to get involved what-so-ever. There is absolutely nothing that I would change about Matt’s contribution to our reception. It was truly a perfect night, and one that we will remember fondly for the rest of our lives!
Wedding: 09/16/2016

Jenna
Cope Entertainment, Matthew did an amazing job! He did my friend's wedding and it was so fun, so I decided to use him for our wedding. It had the best music! He did an amazing job picking music that fit both of us, the guests and kept the flow of the wedding going. Everyone was dancing and having a great time. I could not imagine our wedding and reception without Cope Entertainment!
Wedding: 09/09/2016

4.7
Miranda
Our wedding was last September, 2016. We found Matthew through our venue's preferred vendors (at Scribner Bend). We were very pleased we chose Matthew Cope. He did a wonderful job! He was easy to work with and his music portal was great with finding music and adding it to our requested/do not play lists. He was very professional and played a good selection of the songs we requested. Many guests shared that they really enjoyed the music. He helped keep everyone on track with the wedding timeline. Overall, our wedding was very successful, and we'd say that he was one of our favorite vendors who followed through with what he proposed. We were also thankful that he talked with our friend who was our officiant; this was his first wedding and he was nervous. Matthew gave him some pointers and reassured him, which he said helped calm him. I'd recommend that if you have music that you want edited, to request that ahead of time. I wanted our processional song to be looped until I came down the aisle, but I chose the song too late and there was limited time. We would pick Matthew again and would recommend him for any fun event! Thank you Matthew!
Wedding: 09/02/2016