Back to Cover Me Badd

76 Reviews for Cover Me Badd

Featured
User4050134

2+ years ago

Cover Me Badd was an exceptional wedding band, and I would highly recommend them! First and foremost, the Quality of Service and Responsiveness was best in class. Mike Woodall was very patient with us as we made song selections, and offered his expertise and guidance when needed. He spent the time really getting to know us, understanding our style, and preferences. My husband and I got married in Healdsburg California, and Mike took the time to visit our site in advance to identify the best location based on power outlet needs (above and beyond). This was a huge help as we developed our seating chart design for dinner. Another great positive about Cover Me Badd is they are a one-stop shop. They not only offer INCREDIBLE live music, but they arrive for your entire event to offer DJ Services, and Mic Set Up for our Ceremony (this is very hard to find). Ok.... Now for the music. All I can say is WOW! Honestly they offered an incredible line up of songs for all age generations. Pretty sure my dad was up and dancing throughout the entire evening. The band has a wealth of experience, they recommended certain songs to ensure everyone was up and dancing, and increased the energy as the night went on. As for their Attire they were super accommodating. I really wanted them to wear the party wigs during our event to ensure the crowds energy was at its highest, but I wanted more formal for the Father Daughter dance so they put them on right after. Lastly is the bands energy and willingness to interact with the crowd was amazing. The joined us in the center of the dancing circle to sing "Take me Home Tonight", played guitar on their knees, and the ladies vocals were incredible and they too danced the entire night.

Thank you for an amazing evening and making our wedding day so very memorable!

Paul
Paul Page

Getting married on 03/05/2021

Excellent Experience at The Crocker Art Museum in Sacramento

We first experienced Cover Me Badd at a friend's dauther's wedding last September (2018). I loved the energy and the emphasis on vocals. The band consists of six members and three are singers. Knowing that this was a very good option for my own daughter's upcoming wedding, I reached out to Mike Woodall and began the conversation. Mike responds so quickly and professionally that you quickly gain confidence that this is going to be an excellent partnership. At the September wedding, I was so amazed at how the band got both the Boomer generation and the Millennials out on the dance floor. An expansive song list that covers many genres and generations. My daughter and her fiance signed on and Mike took over correspondence with them. He handled the DJ duties for the ceremony, provided the sound for the cocktail reception and dinner. Did the MC duties to introduce the speakers and first dances. He even edited down some of the songs to an appropriate length. And he did everything to a crisply-timed schedule that kept the wedding reception moving at an enjoyable pace. Once the music started, the dance floor filled up and the energy kept the guests moving throughout the night. Even off the dance floor, I could see the people tapping their feet while they were talking. I cannot put into words how happy I am that we chose Cover Me Badd for our special day.

S
Sean

Getting married on 06/05/2020

They Killed It

From the pre planning, to the day of, to the follow up they were fantastic and fun and easy to work with. Would strongly recommend them for your wedding.

W
Watson W

Married on 06/29/2019

Incredible music, incredible service, incredible party

Cover Me Badd made our night truly special. Throughout the planning process, they were extremely helpful and responsive. And on our wedding day, they ran a flawless event (from MCing and DJing, to playing live music and getting everyone out on the dance floor). Our guests loved their energy and music. Thanks again for everything!

Caity
Caity Shreve

Married on 06/22/2019

Excellent Wedding Band

We absolutely loved CMB - They brought great energy to the event and we got many compliments and comments on the quality of the music. They were also incredibly easy to work with, professional, and responsive. I would highly recommend them.

Kathy

Married on 06/15/2019

A MUST for your wedding!

What can I tell you that other reviewers haven't yet? There's a reason why this band has such wonderful reviews. Thank you to Cover Me Badd for making our wedding super lively and fun. Your professionalism is outstanding and your stage presence is incomparable. We couldn't have had such a magical night without you!

Allie
Allie Eklund

Married on 06/01/2019

Showstopping wedding band!

Everything about our experience with Cover Me Band has been exceptional! Highly recommend this band. We booked them for our wedding and would do it again and again!

Colleen
Colleen

Married on 11/09/2018

Best. Decision. Ever!

I cannot say enough nice things about Cover Me Badd! Working with them was so easy, Mike responded so quickly to all of my questions, and was always so friendly and willing to help and answer questions. The performance was absolutely amazing! Every wedding guest (even the non-dancers) were on the floor dancing the whole time, and so many guests told us it was the most fun they'd ever had at a wedding. Yes, a live band is more expensive than a DJ, but it my opinion - it was the best money we spent on the wedding, and they absolutely MADE the night.

Kate Helvestine

Married on 10/27/2018

They MADE our wedding!

I can't see enough about Cover Me Badd. From the time we first reached out to them to their fun energy throughout the night, they were PERFECT. I'll start off by saying that they are incredibly easy to communicate and plan with. Mike is super responsive and happy to answer any questions you might have. Plus, they are super accommodating and really make you feel like you're the only wedding they have on the calendar all year! Leading up to the wedding, everything seemed super well organized and I knew I didn't need to worry about little details. Now, to the night of the wedding, they brought the party! Seriously, if you want a fun wedding, you have to hire these guys. Their set list ranges across so many genres (as I said, they are very accommodating) and they bring this contagious energy when they play. Everyone was dancing all night long and was drenched in sweat by the end! Plus, everyone who I talked to after the wedding has asked about the band since they really made our day that much more special. Thank you to Mike and team - you guys rocked! Whenever anyone asks me about a wedding band (or even DJ) I'm going to drop your name!

Harry
Harry Hudesman

Married on 10/20/2018

Best band ever!

Cover Me Badd is the best band we could have ever asked for. Amazing energy and talent. They covered each piece of our wedding beautifully and they didn't miss a beat!

M
Megan Stanford

Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing Band

I am so glad we chose Cover Me Badd. Our dance floor was packed from beginning to end. To us, the dancing was the most important part and this band absolutely nailed it. From beginning to end they were amazing.

M
Margo T

Married on 10/06/2018

The best wedding band

This band is AMAZING. From the pre-wedding coordination to the day of, they were reliable, professional, FUN and just all around wonderful. We got so many compliments and would hire them again in a heartbeat!

L
Liz

Married on 09/15/2018

From the moment I heard this band play at a wedding, I fell in love with their energy, talent and overall performance. I knew instantly, we had to have them for our big day and it was the best decision we made! Mike and the band do it all from MC to best dance party EVER, we didn’t have to worry about a thing! Cover Me Badd was professional and organized every step of the planning process, blew our guests away with their incredible show (it was a packed dance floor all night! ) and brought us the time of our lives on our special day. We cannot say enough good things about Cover Me Badd and we can’t wait for another reason to hire this band, they are the best in the business!

Kelly

Married on 09/02/2018

Book now! Incredible group

These guys/girls absolutely CRUSHED it! Our reception was spent entirely on the dance floor dancing and singing our hearts out. Everyone (kids, friends and parents) loved them - their catalogue includes hits for everyone. We have yet to run into anyone who came to the wedding that didn't tell us they were the best wedding band they've heard. I'd recommend them 100 times out of 100 times and then another 10 just because they turned it up to 11 ;)

D
Dan

Married on 08/26/2018

Cover Me Badd MADE our wedding! The important points:

1. Mike was EXTREMELY responsive and easy to work with.
2. They made ALL of our crazy ideas happen, whether it was changing the words of a song to match the bride's name or learning a new song so that I (the groom) could shred on guitar with the band. This was huge!
3. They sounded great, duh. 90s medley was amazing.
4. They read the room beautifully and played the songs that needed to be played to get people dancing.

I recommend them wholeheartedly to rock for your special night!

E
Emily

Married on 08/18/2018

When we read all the other 5-star reviews, we knew we had to book them immediately, and we are SO GLAD we did. We have to echo everyone else's sentiments that you MUST book them if they are available for your date!

We wanted our wedding to be the most fun ever- and people kept telling us it was all night and after! We honestly couldn't get over how amazing they were, and all of our friends and family couldn't stop saying how great the band was. It was, without a doubt, the most fun party of our lives thanks to CMB.

As others have mentioned, Mike is an incredible coordinator and potentially the most responsive and professional person I have ever encountered in personal/professional life. We had an incredible experience from start to finish with Mike and the group, and we were SO glad we had them. Thank you Mike and CMB for making our wedding absolutely the most fun ever!

D
Danette

Married on 07/28/2018

I can't imagine what our reception would've been like without Cover Me Badd. From the beginning of the planning, Mike was so helpful and easy to work with. He was our emcee and everything went so smoothly all night long. They provided our recorded music for cocktail hour and dinner. I absolutely loved and appreciated how they worked behind the scenes with our photographer to coordinate some amazing shots throughout the whole night. The music was just fantastic. Our guests had so much fun and we all packed the dance floor until the very last song (which by the way will be a very special memory for us forever). The way the band was able to include us on stage was so cool. We really felt that they worked hard to personalize everything and make the night about our guests and us having the time of our lives. They played all the songs we wanted and each rendition sounded awesome. With four different singers they were able to sing every genre flawlessly! I am so happy with our decision to go with a live band... Especially this band!
Thanks to all the band members for an unforgettable night!
-Danette and Liam

L
Lauren

Married on 07/07/2018

The Cover Me Badd is amazing! Mike, who manages the bookings and everything related to the day is so responsive. We had heard about Cover Me Badd through our venue and submitted a request. Mike responded within minutes saying he had time to chat later that afternoon. Turns out he was playing a wedding at our alma mater, and we had friends at the wedding. One of our friends (who has been to a TON of weddings) said it was the best wedding band he had ever seen. We signed the contract within hours and were so excited for the event. Mike has a very organized spreadsheet with songs, and creates a personalized document to organize everything for the day of. He MC'ed the entire night, and even learned our first dance song and the mother/son dance song. We had various chats over the phone and via email to ensure everything was going to work out perfectly for the day of, and it did! Everyone had the best time, said it the best wedding band they've ever heard and wished that they could have played longer! HIGHLY recommend Cover Me Badd! Trying to figure out how to host another large event to see them perform again...

A
Alexandra

Married on 06/23/2018

Booking cover me badd for our wedding was definitely the best decision that we could have made for entertainment. We chose to do the whole package (ceremony, cocktail hour and reception) and were so glad we did- they really went above and beyond. They played instrumentals for our ceremony, including live versions of the instrumental songs we chose for our processionals, which really impressed our guests. Mike was not only an amazing MC but also had some ridiculously good guitar solos. They were such a fun group to work with; one of my favorite memories was watching my new husband get on stage and sing backstreet boys throwbacks with them They also learned “lights” by journey to play live for our first dance. Book this band if you can! They were worth every penny.

H
Haley

Married on 12/31/2017

"Cover me Badd are hands down the BEST wedding band I have ever heard" was the comment that my husband and I heard all night! They had all of our guests up and dancing from the moment they started! When they finished the last song all of our guests couldn't believe that we had all been dancing for 3 hours, non stop! Do yourself a favor and stop looking for any other band and just hire Cover me Badd! You will be thanking yourself at the end of the night!

C
Courtney

Married on 12/16/2017

HIRE. THIS. BAND! THEY WILL MAKE YOUR ENTIRE WEDDING!
I am a professional singer/performer, and my husband is a sound designer that mixes party bands for a living. We both knew we wanted a band, but thought that no one would reach our expectations. Leading up to our wedding, my husband insisted that he didn't like dancing and was just going to be at the bar with his friends for the whole reception. We found another band that we liked for a brief moment, but they wanted almost $10,000 for the night! WHAT?!?
Then, the heavens opened and we were introduced to Cover Me Badd. From our first e-mail introduction to the post-wedding thank you's, Mike (the main coordinator and MC) was so kind, professional, and LIGHTENING SPEED responsive. He was so great via e-mail that we thought "well, even if they suck at singing, at least they were super easy to work with" well, THEY DON'T SUCK! Not one bit! EVERYONE (even my 92 year old grandparents and husband who went from Mr. "I don't dance" to "King of dance") was on the dance floor from start to finish! Cover Me Badd created several special surprise moments for me and my husband, played the PERFECT songs, listened to our song selections, and basically read our minds to create the perfect non-stop play list. When our wedding coordinator left around 9pm, I had no problem trusting Mike to run the show. He's just as calm and nice in person as he is via e-mail and on the phone.
If you are looking up videos of them on YouTube, just know that they are WAY BETTER live than on the videos. The mix and volume was perfect in person... I thought it was hard to tell from the videos. Anyways, trust me. Book this band. You will not beat the price, professionalism, talent, and FUN!
Bottom line: you are guaranteed an unforgettable night with these guys. No one will care about how much you spent on flowers and lighting and a crazy bar package, because everyone will be on the dance floor!

Kristen

Married on 11/04/2017

Best Wedding Band Ever! Mike and the Cover Me Badd team were a joy to work with from our initial chat to the wedding day! They put on a stellar show and made planning so easy! With their music planning worksheets, we were able to ensure that our personalities were properly reflected in the wedding music. They know how to throw a party!

N
Nicole

Married on 10/28/2017

To say the band can make or break the wedding is an understatement. It can be easy to overlook the influence that a comfortable and confident MC has on the overall impact of your day, and Cover Me Badd brought our wedding to life and set the night on fire.

A year before our wedding we had the pleasure of attending another wedding with Cover Me Badd as their band. As night fell and the music began the excitement among their guests was like nothing we had ever experienced at a wedding. That evening we spoke with Mike, got their contact information, and the rest is history.

Every guest that attended our wedding exclaimed that they too had never seen a band of this caliber. Even our wedding venue coordinators said that this was the best band they had seen play at their venue.

As for the logistics, Mike handled our wedding with such ease and professionalism. Every conversation we had made us feel more assured he would come through on our big day. There was not a single hiccup, each transition was perfectly timed, and he worked with our venders and venue team to make sure we didn’t have to think about a single thing all day.

We cannot thank Mike and the band enough for every moment they spent making our day immaculate. You truly have a gift and we hope many others will get the same privilege as we did.

C
cort

Married on 09/30/2017

Mike and the Band were fantastic! The vocals and instrumentalists were all top notch. They had our entire wedding party in Squaw Valley up and dancing for hours. Our guests commented about how fun the Band was and wanted to know where we found them. I would highly recommend them for any event where you wanted to get people up and dancing! Also, they did an incredible job doing some acoustic stuff during our ceremony and added music to our cocktail party and dinner! Great Group

Kevin

Married on 09/03/2017

Jessica and I got married at Vizcaya in Sacramento, and we decided early on that we wanted a band. Cover Me Badd exceeded our wildest expectations! Mike is the most responsive and responsible person that we have ever worked with in customer service. We never once doubted that we were in great hands. CMB was the highlight of the reception- the band members are awesome dancers, talented singers, and had our guests out on the dance floor for the entire party. They have a great blend of old classics and newer pop songs. Their music and energy are unforgettable! We would highly recommend them to anyone.