Back to David William Ross

76 Reviews for David William Ross

Featured
Joe

Married on 05/26/2018

This is what I sent to David directly, so I’ll share it here with all of you.
———————————————-

David, you and Josh were perfect. The music was beautiful and unassuming. I imagined that the notes swirled around, in and out of everyone, even though they might not have been conscious of it. And in that swirling thread, a musical room was created that connected us all. That is magic to me. My emotional recollection of that time will forever have your sound in it. Your music, your demeanor, your presence couldn't have been better.

Joe

David William Ross's reply:

Thanks Joe for leaving there here. Your words wonderfully capture the effect I hope for my music to have. I'm flattered and grateful that your experience was lifted by our playing. Very best to you both, congratulations! David

Brittany
Brittany

Married on 08/10/2019

Perfect Wedding Music

We had David for our ceremony music and cocktail hour. As soon as I discovered him I knew I had to inquire for our big day. He was extremely quick to respond and easy to work with. We received so many compliments on his beautiful music! He is extremely talented and plays a wide variety from Beatles covers to classical. We highly recommend him!

David William Ross's reply:

Thank you Brittany! It was truly a pleasure to work with you as well - it was a great day in a beautiful setting and I'm glad that I was able to add something to your moment. Wishing you both the best, David

M
Miluzka

Married on 07/21/2019

Mother of the bride

David played his beautiful guitar at my daughter’s wedding and did an extraordinary job. He delivered with passion, and his exceptional performance added a special touch to the ceremony and the cocktail hour. David was reliable and helped us customize the wedding songs. A word to describe his talent is... Perfecto!

David William Ross's reply:

Thank you so much! It was a pleasure for me as well and I always appreciate the solid ceremony song requests. I will definitely be adding yours to the repertoire! Congratulations to the couple and thank you for having me, so good to connect - David

A
Alissa

Married on 07/13/2019

Beautiful Guitarist!

David was fantastic! He even customized a personal song to sing with one of my bridesmaids. Everyone enjoyed his music and he was on time and very responsive. Highly recommend!

David William Ross's reply:

Thanks Alissa! I really appreciate the feedback and am so glad to hear that I got a good response from your guests as well. It was my pleasure to work to put together the special song - beautifully sung by your bridesmaid I should add. Thanks again and I wish you the very best, congratulations! - David

C
Caroline Conti

Married on 06/29/2019

Excellent Wedding musician

David played at our wedding in Vermont and he was fantastic! He checked in with us a few times before the wedding to get all details and even learned songs for us! Our guests loved him and we highly recommend him.

David William Ross's reply:

Thanks so much Caroline! It was a pleasure and so glad to receive the positive feedback. Congratulations to you both, very best - David

Emily
Emily Welsh

Married on 05/27/2019

Full confidence from miles away - So grateful.

From the very first email inquiry to the last note David played on our wedding day, we could not have been happier with the experience. We received so many compliments from our guests! Unlike other musicians we submitted an inquiry to, David was straight forward and personal with no pretense from the very beginning. He clearly spelled out the investment and each step of the process setting expectations for our role and how he would support us through it. It didn't take ten email exchanges to get basic information like it did with other possible options. Each time I had a question David promptly responded.

With a love of music and of course a desire to make our wedding personal, we had a unique hymn and processional that we wanted played that wasn't listed on his already extensive repertoire - all we had to do was ask. We found a YouTube version that we liked as an example and sent it over, and David made it happen in conjunction with the violinist, Marcia, he chose to work with for our ceremony and cocktail hour. I will forever remember my walk down the aisle to, "When You Say Nothing At All" and the beautiful rendition of "When Love is Found" that we played in the middle of our ceremony. It was so special.

I should also add that my now husband and I were planning our wedding from 1,439 (to be specific) miles away and didn't even meet David in person until the day of the wedding. In fact, because we were so confident in our communications with David (and his abilities), we didn't even speak with him on the phone - just through email (our choice... I'm sure he would be more than happy to speak with you on the phone!). With such a well thought out website that includes extensive videos and sound clips of a wide variety of genres, we knew we had the right musician and person.

In addition to David's musical ability, we really appreciated his flexibility as we had to move ceremony locations last minute due to a wet field. Not only did David promptly reply to that email, "Not to worry I have a lot of extension cords! " and never miss a beat, he even followed up after the wedding that he liked that location even more than the original - to a nervous bride, there is no better feeling than the verification we made the right decision. The process was seamless and the microphone he provided for our minister and our guest readers was perfect, not a bit of feedback or noise despite a very windy day! We would happily hire David again and again -- I hope we have a future event to do so (maybe my sister's wedding?!)! If you're looking for an incredible musician and an even better person, you can't go wrong with David Ross.

My only regret? That we didn't get to spend more time getting to know him and Marcia in person at the wedding! It was a whirlwind.

Gratefully,
Your Northern Transplant Bride & Groom
Emily & Joseph Kohler

David William Ross's reply:

Thank you so much Emily for these kind and thoughtful words! It's always a great feeling to know that I added the right touch to someone's day and was able to add something meaningful for such a special, once in a lifetime occasion. Truly a pleasure! Wishing you and Joe the very best - David

P
Paola Mavarez

Married on 05/11/2019

The best musician for a wedding or any event

David was the perfect musician for our wedding. He was very talented with a great catalogue of music. He was flexible and very responsive as well as not overpriced. Highly recommended.

David William Ross's reply:

Thanks Paola! I appreciate you taking the time to leave these words. It was truly a pleasure, I hope you are both doing well! - best, David

A
Anthony

Married on 05/06/2019

Amazing Experience!

Outstanding! Went above and beyond to make it special. Highly recommended!

David William Ross's reply:

Thanks so much for the review Anthony, it was truly a pleasure to play for you and to meet everyone! Very best to you all - David

Married on 03/16/2019

David was absolutely incredible! He was such a pleasure to work with while planning our wedding and his execution was flawless. David has an undeniable talent that added so much character to our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. I was really set on having my brother play the trumpet for my processional and David was happy to work with us and coordinate with my brother to make it happen. He even put a custom arrangement together for the song we wanted our bridal party to walk down the aisle to. He's super prepared with equipment not just for his own music, but also with mics for the officiant. We received so many compliments from our guests about the ceremony and cocktail hour music; he truly made our wedding feel so special. If you're thinking about booking a live musician, don't look any further. David is the best of the best.

David William Ross's reply:

Thank you Lauren! Your wedding was a pleasure to be a part of - beautiful day in a beautiful setting. Your brother was also great, my compliments to his trumpet playing. I hope the rest of your day went just as well! Many thanks and congratulations to you both! - David

Jennifer

Married on 01/05/2019

Wonderful!

David was a joy to work with! His music was wonderful and I heard great feedback from the guests of his playing prior to our ceremony. I didn’t have to worry about a thing and he brought microphones for the officiant and the readers! I can’t thank him enough!

David William Ross's reply:

Thank you! Truly a please to work with you too. Everything looked beautiful and it was great to meet your guests. Best wishes to you both! - David

T
Thomas R.

Married on 11/24/2018

Extremely talented and professional!

It was a pleasure working with David for our daughter's wedding. He was very professional, communicative, and flexible from day one. He allowed us to choose three songs that weren't on his playlist and our daughter was very grateful! As for his talent on guitar, it's incredible! David is very gifted, and our guests noticed. Thank you, David, for adding a beautiful touch to our daughter's special day!

David William Ross's reply:

Truly a pleasure from start to finish! Thank you for having me and thank you for these words. I love doing late Fall indoor weddings and at this one my assistant even got in a little ping pong! Very best to you and your newly expanded family! - David

C
Charles Giles

Married on 11/11/2018

Talented, professional, and easy to work with

David was excellent. He played our wedding in Saratoga Springs, NY. His music was wonderful. I give him credit for setting the lighthearted and happy tone for the whole event. He was by far the easiest vendor to work with at my wedding. He was extremely organized, punctual, and easy to get in touch with. I cannot more highly recommend David.

David William Ross's reply:

Thank you! Truly a pleasure to play for you and your guests. I though it was a beautiful ceremony in the perfect setting. Congratulations! I hope the rest of your evening was just as much a success- Very best, David

Eleanora
Eleanora

Married on 11/10/2018

Wonderful Experience!

David was great to work with! He was very responsive to all of my questions and requests leading up to the big day. He provided the ceremony music as well as the cocktail hour music. He worked with me to figure out what songs we would like during the ceremony and then what genre we wanted during the cocktail hour. We received many compliments from our guests as to how great David was and we were so appreciative! His music helped us achieve the perfect day we hoped for!

David William Ross's reply:

Thank you so much Eleanora! I had a nice time working with you as well - I hope you are both doing well and have had a very happy New Year! Best, David

Jeff Dube

Married on 11/03/2018

Absolutely amazing.

David was great to have with us during the ceremony and cocktail hour. He was happy to review song preferences and willing to entertain new ideas for processional songs, etc. Definitely recommended!

David William Ross's reply:

Thanks Jeff! I really appreciate your review and these kind words. I hope you are both doing well! Happy holidays- David

G
Gretchen Eastman

Married on 10/20/2018

Special Requests!

David was a pleasure to work with for our wedding day. Right away we knew we wanted non-traditional songs for the ceremony and David learned and played them beautifully! He was responsive, organized and thoughtful throughout the process. Would recommend to anyone looking for an acoustic guitar for their day.

David William Ross's reply:

Hi Gretchen, thank you so much for having me! I'm always happy to have good requests for songs that I can add to my repertoire. Congratulations, very best to you both - David

Brianna
Brianna

Married on 10/13/2018

David really added to our wedding - highly recommend!

Hiring David was a great decision! He was professional and flexible to work with leading up to the wedding. The songs he played were perfect for the mood and he played them beautifully! I loved being able to walk down the aisle to gorgeous guitar, and the song that my husband and I chose. It made our day even more special! Thanks David!

David William Ross's reply:

Thanks Brianna! It was truly a pleasure - your family was very kind and welcoming and I'm so glad to hear everything was as you had hoped. Congratulations, very best to you all! - David

Jessica

Married on 10/06/2018

David was awesome! He is everything we had hoped for. I would highly recommend David!

David William Ross's reply:

Thanks Jessica! It was a pleasure to play for you - thanks for sharing those nice pics too! Very best, David

Eli
Eli Smith

Married on 09/22/2018

Unbelievably talented and professional!

David was incredible from the first time we contacted him. He was very responsive and professional. He helped us pick the perfect songs for our ceremony and guests raved about his music during cocktail hour. If you are considering having an acoustic guitarist for your ceremony or cocktail hour you should definitely hire David. He is very talented and plays all genres. We cannot thank David enough!

David William Ross's reply:

Thanks Eli! And thanks for the pic, looks like your photographer did a great job too. Enjoyed working with you and had a nice time meeting many of your guests. Wishing you both the very best! - David

Jenna

Married on 09/22/2018

Amazing Guitarist!!

David was incredible and I can't recommend him enough. He came early, with all the right equipment for the ceremony, and worked with our officiant to make sure the sound was perfect. Super professional and very talented!

David William Ross's reply:

Thank you for these words Jenna! It was truly a pleasure to play for you in such a beautiful setting. Congratulations! Very best, David

V
Victoria

Married on 09/21/2018

David was so easy to work with! He responded very quickly and professionally, and he played beautifully at our wedding. We would definitely recommend him for any event!

David William Ross's reply:

Thanks Victoria! It was a real pleasure on my end, so glad to see everything come together so nicely. Beautiful spot to get married too! Very best, David

N
Neal

Married on 09/14/2018

David is everything you could ask for in a wedding musician. His guitar arrangements are beautiful and he can play all different types of music that fit both ceremony and cocktail settings. David is professional, easy to work with, and very accommodating. Not only did he play the music for our ceremony and cocktail hour, but he also provided the microphones that were used by our officiant and readers during our ceremony. My wife and I were also very impressed with how self-sufficient he was. There were no hiccups or questions on the day of the wedding, and frankly, we barely even knew he was there other than hearing the wonderful guitar music playing in the background of our big day. We highly recommend David.

David William Ross's reply:

Thanks so much for your thoughts and review! I had a nice time playing for you and hope everything went as smoothly for the you as the ceremony/cocktails did. Very best to you both - David

D
David

Married on 09/09/2018

He made our wedding feel absolutely magical!
Thank you so much!

Married on 08/25/2018

David’s music is beautiful and it added the perfect element to our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. His repertoire of songs had a special place in our guests hearts. We had many guests both during and after the wedding pay compliments to David’s music.

Working with David was also easy and stress-free. We planned our entire wedding from a long distance so phone/email communication was critical. David always responded in a timely manner and offered helpful recommendations when we had questions. We highly recommend David if you have the opportunity to work with him!

David William Ross's reply:

Hi Lauren, thank you so much for these kind words! You were great to work with as well and it was a beautiful ceremony in a beautiful setting. Very well done from across the country! Congratulations to you both- David

R
Roslyn

Married on 08/17/2018

David and Josh played the guitar and piano for our cocktail hour and dinner and they were phenomenal! Our guests raved about them and did not want them to stop playing. David was easy to work with ahead of the wedding and he spent the time to figure out the style of music we liked. They learned a lot of the random songs we requested and it was so fun to hear them played live during the wedding. They worked closely with our DJ and the transitions between live music and the DJ music/announcements were very smooth. They are both very talented musicians that are easy to work with and I highly recommend the duo for your next event!

David William Ross's reply:

Hi Rosyln - Thank you for this review! It is always a real treat for me too when someone books the duo, I think it adds a really great energy to things. So glad it was the right fit! Thanks again and congratulations - very best, David

Married on 08/04/2018

David was a wonderful addition to the ceremony and cocktail hour at our wedding! David was extremely easy to work with and accommodating when it came to song requests for both events. Our guests loved that there was live music and our youngest guest (1 years old) danced for most of cocktail hour to his songs! Highly recommend!

David William Ross's reply:

Thank Lauren! I really appreciate that and am grateful that you feel I added something to the big day. I received a lot of really positive feedback from your many guests but definitely was a sure hit with the little one you mentioned, kids seem to magnetize to the music, fun to see. Wish you both the very best! - David