Back to Davis Entertainment

18 Reviews for Davis Entertainment

L
Lauren

Married on 09/23/2017

John Davis also DJ'd my sisters wedding. He tailors everything to how you want it and gives a long questionnaire to make sure everything is covered!

D
DENNISE

Married on 05/06/2017

Wedding DJ - FIVE STARS! We recently got married and hired Davis Entertainment to be our DJ at the reception! The DJ was AMAZING! Not only was the dance floor full the entire night but the DJ seamlessly introduced and transitioned into the different event rituals - for instance the flower and garter toss, the cake cutting etc. The light show and light treatments were top notch! The communication beforehand was perfect, great communication even via email, quickly responds! Felt at ease the entire process! Highly Highly recommend!

M
Kim

Married on 05/30/2015

Davis Entertainment did an excellent job for my daughter and son in laws wedding. He was very professional, and kept everything moving and the party going right till the end. His bartending staff did a fantastic job too. The up lighting and monogram was beautiful. We highly recommend Davis Entertainment!

J
Jenny-Lee

Married on 11/01/2014

From the minute I called, I received excellent service from John! He is such a personable guy and went out of his way to make sure everything was perfect for us. The most important decision we had to make was who our DJ was going to be. With everything he offered and the PRICE, I don't regret it at all. Needless to say, our reception was amazing and we have gotten plenty of compliments on how much fun it was, thanks to John! I have and always will recommend his company to all the future brides I come across.

User3258703

Great Company... Would use again

P
Pam

Married on 08/04/2013

Until I recently go married, I had no idea just how important a good DJ is for the ceremony and reception.
I now realize how a D. J can make or break the event. Our wedding was an outdoor affair held in one location. John handled all the music from the entrance to the " last dance". The timing and music selection are so critical so you want someone with experience. We we lucky we picked John. We were pleased to learn that he had previously worked with our minister and together the coordinated their jobs well. John even wore clothes to match our wedding colors. John was punctual and pleasure to work with. We recommend John to everyone!

Pam and Chris

R
Ruth

Married on 08/03/2013

We hired John Davis to DJ for our summer wedding (along with his wife and daughter as bartenders). John was great-- professional, quick to communicate, flexible, accommodating, and friendly. He went out of his way to meet with us before being hired and even visited the venue to check it out before the event. John was super quick to respond, via email or phone. He was also willing to provide ceremony music & amplification at a separate location at no extra charge. Note that he can officiate your wedding as well. The uplighting he set up looked great. He remembered to make all the announcements we wanted. John played all the songs we requested and avoided all the songs we didn't. He worked hard to make sure that we stayed as close to the planned timeline as possible. He took plenty of requests, even downloading a song he didn't have to play for a guest. (I do recommend that you and your partner come to an agreement regarding fight songs in advance if you are from rival universities & let the DJ know, though. ) Most of our guests danced a lot and many later told us what a great time they had that night!

N
Nicole

Married on 04/21/2012

They did a FANTASTIC job. I would recommend them to anyone. The DJ had everyone dancing the whole time and was so friendly. They were very affordable and easy going. The DJ definitely made the party, and we couldn't thank them enough!

Rebecca
Rebecca

Married on 10/01/2011

John of Davis Entertainment knows weddings! While planning with him, he ensured that all of our needs would be met. He showed up on time to set-up and was ready when the first guests arrived. He provided a calm enviroment during the cocktail hour, then kicked it up when it was time to dance. He included a wide range of music to suit all of our guests dancing needs. The special effects and lights he used added to the fun enviroment created by his music. The dance floor was always full and he understood how to get guests on the dance floor. He was great to work with and I would absolutely do it again!

Charity
Charity

Married on 06/26/2011

Davis Entertainment is the best! We hired John for our June 26th 2011 wedding as a DJ providing ceremony and reception music, he is also ordained and acted as our minister! We could not be more pleased with his friendliness, professionalism and flexibility! My husband and I feel that John really went above his call of duty, he even catered to us as Bride and Groom, making sure we got enough food during dinner and even refilling our drinks! He was wonderful with the ceremony and worked with me to provide the ceremony we wanted (we wrote our own) while making sure it had the proper legal proceedings. As a DJ he was great at filling requests and feeling out the crowd, if people did not seem interested in a song he was sure to change it!

An example of his great service... And incident happened with the Groom's mother and so at the time we had to skip the Mother/Son dance. John noticed when she was feeling well again and kindly played the song and announced the dance without being prompted. Because this was after the time the photographers had left he helped take photos to capture the moment. It was beautiful!

I really feel Davis Entertainment is the best deal around! I planned my wedding for 2 years and did a lot of searching, and ultimately they had the best prices and I was beyond pleased!

wendy
wendy

Married on 12/03/2010

We did not have a typical wedding reception & he was such a good DJ that I was sad when he had to go. We were not ready to end the party yet because it was like having a dance club just for me & my friends. It was awesome.

S
Amanda

Married on 08/22/2010

He was amazing! He was early to my wedding and left later than scheduled. I got a discount for having an event on Sunday and he added just the right touch (and beat) to everything. Would highly suggest booking him to anyone!

B
Beth

Married on 06/20/2009

Davis Entertainment is the best DJ around! He did a wonderful job! He was very flexible and just really made the night a great one! Would highly recommend Davis Entertainment!

User2744939

2+ years ago

John Davis did our ceremony, was quick like we asked! He played every ones requests! Great DJ, Great officiant! Working with John was a pleasure and I would recommend him!

User2650460

3.8

Pros: Very cheap, very willing to accommodate your needs, full of ideas, stays on schedule, variety of music, cool lights and tons of extras for the reception. He also provided a second sound set for the ceremony music, and also did my uplighting. No delivery/set-up fee. They provide request cards on every table for the guests to fill out.

Cons: There were a few songs that he had to fade out in the middle of it due to the track skipping. My family is conservative, and he informed me that all of their songs are the edited versions without all the cursing that is on the unedited versions. HOWEVER, there were multiple songs that had a lot of vulgarity. One was humiliating.. We dedicated a song to our mothers, as a joke.. "Hey Mama" by Black Eyed Peas. He played the version with cursing. Very embarrassing.

User5183581

1.0

Backed out on wedding, two days prior to the event. Claimed he needed surgery but went back and forth and finally said he would be ok to do the wedding. Wasn't happy or co fident that he'd eve show up at that point, so I politely asked if we could have a refund. He agreed. Repeatedly contacted him about said refund over the phone but never received it. Finally gave up and left poor review. He responded and LIED about having ever offering a refund. There's a lot more to this story, including fishy, far fetched stories on his part. Don't trust this guy.

S
Sandra

Married on 08/04/2018

0.5

John does not follow his contracts. This man owes my husband and I money, and is being very unprofessional about refunding our money. Our wedding was canceled due to life changing events ( and was canceled in plenty of time- it was canceled 5 months prior to the date of the event) and he is not refunding our money!

User3480643

0.2

I would not recommend this DJ service. John was supposed to be our DJ and he was replaced without notifying us and they gave us a fill-in. He kept leaving the room for periods of time. He droppsed the mike numerous times and made loud high pitch noises. When he sopke into the mike-most of time no one heard him. He played music that was requested to not be played and didn't play music we requested. I sent two emails with my complaint as they offer 100% satisfaction. After the first message I was told I would get a response within a week. It's been almost 1 month and nothing. No response from the 2nd email at all. Very disappointing to us and our guests as well as embrassing!