Back to Dominique Bell Events

N
Featured
Nasim

Married on 01/02/2016

We loved working with Dominique! She's absolutely amazing: so detail-oriented, organized, patient, calming, friendly, and best of all, willing to really allow the bride (or groom) to set their vision and then help them carry it out. We hired Dominique for the month of, but she was checking in and setting up meetings well in advance of the month before. Not to mention that she was always available to answer questions via e-mail or phone, whether it was 9 months out or the week before. As the months went on, we were in constant communication and she alleviated so much anxiety and stress. Love her lists and level of organization! Although she wasn't our wedding planner, and instead our month of coordinator, she was helpful in recommending shuttle bus services and food delivery (for the bridal suite while all the bridesmaids got ready). On the day of the wedding, and especially once the ceremony started, we had not one tiny worry at all - she pulled it off spectacularly! The night felt so magical and smooth. Our guests even commented on just how well our large wedding was handled. She also managed to seamlessly coordinate my very large family and was able to knock out 17 posed pictures in less than 15 minutes - that's no easy task! Whether you are the type A micro-managing type like I was, or a relaxed type B, she can easily deliver the same results. We would highly recommend Dominique!

P
Patricia A

Married on 10/20/2018

So glad we had Dominique that day!

Dominique is awesome. I always knew I wanted a day/month of coordinator to take care of all the logistics for the wedding day and I’m so happy we got to work with Dominique. She was so quick to respond, offered her POV on things, and took care of everything without a worry. She also offered recos for dance lessons and transportation which both worked out great. I didn’t stress on my wedding day thanks to her and everything went so smoothly and perfectly. I can’t recommend her enough, I’m really so happy and grateful for her help!

T
Tiana

Married on 09/28/2018

I am as Type A as they come and I was having anxiety about the execution of the day I had spent one whole year of my life planning. The best decision I made was choosing Dominique. From our first phone conversation, I knew I could trust Dominique to be professional with my vendors and timely with her responses. She completely followed through and perfectly executed our special day. If you are debating hiring a pro, please know that there were so many critical moments in my day that could have went horribly wrong if I did not have a professional in charge. Our photographer mentioned to me numerous times how thankful she was that Dominique was there to keep everyone on track, and how we probably wouldn't have had time for our family shots if Dominique didn't step in and take charge. Most importantly was how well Dominique executed our very complex NYC transportation plan. 25 different vehicle reservations was anything but a simple task. Guests kept coming up to me saying how good of a job Dominique had done to get everyone on the vehicles and on their way. It was also so helpful to have Dominique at the Church thinking for me, so I literally only had to focus on walking down the aisle. Additionally, I specifically remember a key moment at the wedding where Dominique suggested a dance set that wasn't planned that pretty much set the vibe for the wedding. One guest forgot a card in a vehicle and Dominique contacted them to bring it back. So many of my guests came up to me and said how well Dominique executed all the details. There were so many critical points of the day that could have went so poorly if Dominique was not there. I started off wedding planning thinking I did not need help, but I truthfully think I would not have enjoyed my wedding and it probably could have have gone horribly wrong for so many reasons if I did not have Dominique by my side. I can’t thank her enough.

M
Maya

Married on 07/28/2018

Working with Dominique was hands down the best decision we made. I feel beyond fortunate to have worked with Dominique and can't imagine what the planning process & day-off would have been like without her. Technically Dominique was our '3-month out' coordinator, but she did SO MUCH more. For the year + leading up to my wedding, Dominique was responsive, helpful and always accommodating. I had ZERO concerns going into the wedding day because I was so confident in her and the team's ability to handle whatever might come up, and of course the wedding went on without a hitch! Not only did she make everything run smoothly, but she was a calming influence for me and everyone around me on wedding day. I can't say enough good things, every Bride & Groom should be so lucky to work with her! Thank you Dominique!

Lauren

Married on 06/03/2018

Dominique was an integral part of what made our wedding so amazing. We had only hired her to be our 'one-month/day-of coordinator', but she really went above and beyond. Although we were handling all vendor-sourcing, hiring and planning/designing, Dominique offered to be a resource for questions/concerns/recommendations as far as 6-months out. She even offered to do a preliminary 'walk through' way in advance so that we could validate some of our design choices before hiring some vendors. Also, she kept a lot of our wedding materials at her place the week before the wedding, and took stuff home afterwards (which we picked up later), which really took the burden off of us. Highly recommend!

R
Rachel

Married on 03/24/2018

My husband and I are deeply grateful to Dominique for her work as our month-of coordinator. She’s an absolute pro: knowledgeable about all aspects of wedding planning, organized, attentive to detail, patient, and friendly. She did a great job communicating with our vendors; she offered valuable advice from our first meeting through our wedding week; and our families were as impressed with her as we were. But what really distinguishes Dominique is her unflagging commitment to helping a couple have a seamless wedding day. In the days surrounding our wedding, she took our our props and gifts into her own home so that we wouldn’t have to worry about transporting them. When we arrived at our wedding venue and the A/C wasn’t working properly, Dominique calmly and expertly put out that fire. And unlike other planners, she was willing to be available to us for the entirety of our wedding day, rather than for a set number of hours. In the end, our wedding day went off without a hitch, and my husband and I were able to enjoy it to the fullest extent thanks to Dominique. I would enthusiastically recommend her to anyone planning a wedding!

H
H

Married on 03/10/2018

With no hesitation, I can say that Dominique made our wedding what it was.  She was poised and gracious from the moment we met her, to the wee hours of Sunday morning at our afterparty.  No task was too big, small, irritating, silly or challenging for this remarkable woman: every thing we asked, Dominique executed with professionalism and at the highest standard.  On the night of our wedding, AT LEAST 10 guests came over to me and commented on how fantastic they thought our wedding planner (aka Dominique, of course) was, and three of our friends are now using her as their planner for their own big days.  My husband and I feel indebted to this extraordinary person, and could not recommend her more highly.  To work with Dominique is a privilege of the highest order; if you're lucky enough to find her, USE HER.

G
Geraldine

Married on 12/31/2017

Dominique is truly the best there is. My mom insisted on hiring a wedding planner for my New Year's Eve wedding in Jersey City, and I am beyond grateful we had Dominique helping us out. We booked her 6-week coordination package, which meant she was available to us during the 6 weeks leading up to the wedding and on the day of, of course. But Dominique still made herself available to us prior to the 6 weeks to answer quick questions or give us some advice or recommendations for vendors. Within the 6-week window, she essentially took over communicating with vendors. She created a day-of timeline for us. She made herself available for phone calls with me, or with vendors. On the day of the wedding, she arrived at the same time that I did and she made sure everything ran smoothly. She knew when each vendor would be arriving, and she coordinated everything. I just showed up and she told me where I needed to be and when. I can be a bit of a control freak at times, but I felt so comfortable handing over the reigns to Dominique! Additionally, some of our vendors had expressed how wedding planners can sometimes make things more complicated for them, but several of our vendors told me that they thought Dominique was fantastic and made their jobs easier. The only anxiety I felt on my wedding day was the normal "oh my god I'm getting married today" jitters. Dominique and her assistant were crucial to the success of our wedding day.

Kira

Married on 06/24/2017

Dominique truly is one of a kind and made our wedding day everything we could have possibly dreamed of and more! Dominique made the entire wedding planning process beyond seamless and actually so much fun. We talked through everything together, and she was so on top of every single thing that needed to get done. I can truly say that I went through the entire wedding planning process without any stress because of Dominique. Not only is she so on top of everything, but she is so accessible as well and truly has such impeccable taste and serious attention to detail. When it came to our wedding day, everything went off without a single issue and people couldn't stop telling us how amazing Dominique was! Our entire wedding weekend was so much fun and was exactly what we wanted thanks to Dominique. Not only is she the best wedding planner, but she is such an amazing person and someone that I plan on being friends with and having in my life. I am so lucky we chose Dominique to help plan our wedding, and I can't recommend her enough!

Katherine

Married on 03/25/2017

I called Dominique 3 months before my wedding, when I realized I wasn't going to be able to pull it all together - so many details, so little time. She was calm, kind, and type A in the best way. Every call with her was just easy! I truly think that hiring Dominique was the best decision of my wedding. My father, who is notoriously frugal, was raving about how amazing she was and how he and the rest of the family didn't have to worry about anything during the weekend. Her assistant Keisha is also the BEST and was so sweet and easy to work with. Dominque knows Brooklyn like the back of her hand, and was able to suggest some awesome vendors too! Thank you Dominique for making our very unique wedding (at Hill Country BBQ another AMAZING wedding venue BTW! ) a weekend we will never, ever forget - and our guests keep raving about! JUST DO IT! You and your future wedding-day self will thank you!

Alison

Married on 11/12/2016

I can't recommend Dominique enough! She was such a thoughtful, kind, and supportive guide to me, my husband, and both sets of anxious parents through the whole wedding process. I really appreciated her focus on understanding our priorities, feelings, and communication styles. She also did a great job on simplifying the endless decision-making into something manageable and even fun! And it was especially great to know that she was on top of all the little details (when will this arrive, what's on the horizon, where will that speaker go, etc. ) and communicating with each vendor to confirm along the way (so we didn't have to worry). On the day of the event, she and her team were endlessly funny, professional, and supportive. I can't recommend her highly enough!

N
Natalya

Married on 10/27/2016

I can't believe that i'm just getting around to writing this review! My husband and I have been married over a year just wondered if we should connect with Dominique for other family events. Dominique and Keisha were a dream to work with! They kept everything moving along smoothly. I would absolutely recommend Dominique and her team for any couple.

S
Sarah

Married on 10/07/2016

Do it! Dominique was an absolute pleasure to work with. Very knowledgeable, professional and a great sounding board for ideas. While I had planned a good bit on my own up front, she introduced me to some crucial vendors that I loved. Dominique helped me stay focused on the details that mattered and always made me feel like things were being taken care of... And they were! My wedding could not have gone smoother! She was an immense help especially the day-of, making sure everything and everyone was in its/their place. I didn't have to think about the cumbersome details -- my family, friends and I could just relax and enjoy the evening. Thank you, Dominique!

C
Catherine

Married on 09/02/2016

Hi There Bride or Groom to be! I was once in your shoes, reading reviews and assembling a team of vendors for our big day. Without question, working with Dominique was one of, if not THE best decision I made throughout the entire process. She is a true professional, and she knows this industry through and through. Not only did she help us plan a day that I am still (4 months later) receiving compliments on, she made everything so EASY. Her warmth and energy, organization, attention to fine detail, and creativity are some of the things you will notice about Dominique upon first meeting. What you will also learn later on, is that she is well respected by her industry peers, calm under pressure, and listens to every request with an open mind and an honest opinion, if you want it.
I had friends and family raving about Dominique to me after the wedding- saying how professional she was and always anticipating the needs of the guests. Above and beyond!
She respected our budget, and I appreciated when she would suggest where we could scale back a little (save money) and when to work within a slightly higher budget for quality's sake.
With Dominique, I never once felt like I had a "planner" with me, but an ally to help make sure my husband and I could enjoy the best day of our lives together. Xxoo

Kate

Married on 08/27/2016

If you're reading this right now stop, take a deep breath and call Dominique (917) 445-6428 and book her for your wedding.

She is absolutely incredible in every which way you can imagine. I do not how we would have gotten through the day without her. We hired her for the month of services but Dominique was there for us throughout every step of the way. Providing advice on vendors, logistics, etc… whatever we needed Dominique was there.

As amazing as Dominique is she is even better when problems arise. We had a near disaster a few days before the wedding and she was instrumental in making it go away completely. She is worth every penny and the day of the wedding is her specialty. You get to enjoy every moment stress free and not worry because Dominque has everything and I mean everything under control!

Married on 08/27/2016

Dominique basically saved our wedding. Our worst nightmare came true when our rental company was extremely late due to an unforeseen circumstance and arrived only 30 minutes before guests. We rented everything from the rental company, including almost all kitchen equipment, chairs, tables, plates, silverware, etc. For a period of time, we were uncertain that the rental company would actually make it, and Dominique was on the phone trying to get in touch with the rental company, trying to arrange back-up rentals, and communicating with our other vendors (like caterer) that needed the rentals so that they could prepare as much as possible. When the rentals finally arrived she made sure that everything was set up in time. Everything ended up running smoothly and on time. The guests didn't even know that we had a major problem that could have very easily devastated our wedding. Quite frankly, I wouldn't have known that there was a problem if someone hadn't told me (my husband and Dominique actually didn't tell me there was a issue until the rentals arrived, so that I wouldn't stress out). Leading up to the wedding ceremony, our schedule was so full that I don't know what we would have done if Dominique wasn't there. Dominique allowed us to be fully present at our wedding, which is perhaps the greatest gift.

Aside from handling the rental incident like the consummate professional that she is, Dominique alleviated a lot of the time and stress of wedding planning. She was able to short-list vendors for us based on what we were looking for, and we felt like she really listened to what we wanted. At the same time, she gave us honest guidance when we were indecisive. Being very organized ourselves, we felt like Dominique was always on top of everything, and we never had to worry that something would slip through. She is also very warm and a joy to work with. Her planning services are worth every penny. We've already recommended her to friends.

B
Benjamin

Married on 07/20/2016

Dominique is the best wedding planner we could have asked for. She was extremely flexible and supportive throughout the planning process. At the same time when we were being indecisive about certain decisions that had to be made we could always count on her to offer confident, clear, and honest guidance. Working with Dominique allowed us to focus on what was really important which was having the best time at our wedding!

Dominique is super organised yet light hearted and nurturing. She is so well respected in the industry and knew which vendors we would like based on our conversations together. We felt fully taken care of and couldn't imagine having our wedding without her. During the wedding itself Dominique and her team were everywhere overseeing everything. The day ran so smoothly and many people told us how it was the best wedding they have ever been to. We would recommend her to anyone! To be honest, we often miss her.

Anna

Married on 06/25/2016

Dominique is an excellent wedding planner and worth every penny! We followed her detailed timeline and got everything done with time to spare. Dominique is hands-on and was willing to come to my dress fittings, florist appointments, and a meeting with the reception venue. She knows the industry well and can recommend hair and makeup artists, transportation companies, DJs, hotels, photographers, and videographers. She can also help with wedding-related events like bridal showers. Dominique also has great taste in food, flowers, clothes, and wedding spaces. She will understand and honor your vision and not lead you astray!

B
Brandy

Married on 06/03/2016

My husband and I decided 3 years ago when we got engaged that we wanted to have our wedding in NYC. However, since we live in DC we knew we had to get a wedding planner to help coordinate everything. We are extremely fortunate to have been introduced to Dominique the day we got engaged! Ever since then (3 years in the making) until our wedding day (June 2016) Dominique has been beyond AMAZING, WONDERFUL, RESPONSIVE, HELPFUL, PROFESSIONAL and an absolute joy to work with! Her connections and knowledge of NYC/Brooklyn made planning our wedding day carefree and simple! She was able to help us with things that never crossed our minds from hotels for us and our guests, picking out a photographer, the reception place, the florist, transportation, time lines and much more! On the wedding day she even proved to be more than a wedding planner! Her and her assistant became a florist (to fix my oversized bouquet), a hairstylist, shoe repairman, and anything else you could imagine you need on the day of your wedding! Most importantly Dominique has become a friend for life and we HIGHLY RECOMMEND her for all your wedding needs! We were able to fully enjoy our day with zero concern or worry about anything!

STRESS FREE WEDDING PLANNING AT ITS BEST!

YES, I used stress free and wedding together cause that is exactly what you will get with Dominique Bell Events!

Loy

Married on 12/04/2015

Everything in Dominique’s reviews is spot on… She is a fantastic wedding planner. My husband and I actually had another wedding planner to compare her to. Dominique was referred to us when we had an issue with our first wedding planner. We interviewed a few people and chose Dominique on her personality, skills, and a couple unique features that were going to benefit us in the long run.
If you get nothing else from my review, this is the one thing: Interview multiple vendors for your wedding… and make sure Dominique is one of them! When choosing a wedding planner, you want to be comfortable with her/him. Keep in mind the wedding day: Who are you comfortable with asking to do things? Who will keep you calm? Who are you comfortable possibly being naked in front of? For me, this was 100% Dominique. I was completely at ease giving up control on my wedding day for her to take care of payments, getting the band set up, making sure the décor was how we wanted it, etc. I was also completely comfortable when Dominique had her hands in my dress to pin on my jacket, or up the skirt to pin up my bustle.
One great thing (out of many) about Dominique is that she has worked with a wide variation of couples and she really knows how to bring your personal touches to the wedding. She will also tell you that something won’t work, why, and what another option would be. But, she will also ultimately let you make your own decisions. And she has a stellar assistant!
I have touched on the day of, but as our reception ended and I went to collect my champagne flutes and find my stole, Dominique had already grabbed all of that and was headed to our room. I didn’t have to do anything but say goodbye to the remaining guests and enjoy the evening with my husband!
I could go on, but if you are like me, you want the bottomline. Call Dominique and see if it’s a fit. If she is, I promise she will do everything to make your day as amazingly wonderful as she did ours!

User3991448

2+ years ago

Dominique is amazing! She helped make our wedding perfect and memorable. Our venue recommended hiring a coordinator as they were pretty hands-off with the actual wedding planning. After my husband and I interviewed a few candidates, we found Dominique through our florist. We knew it was perfect match! Dominique made us feel like individuals - she sincerely wanted to make sure everything we envisioned for our day was executed perfectly (which is most definitely was). She was there for us from the very beginning, lending us her expert advise as well as sharing her extensive knowledge of NY vendors - if we needed something she had the perfect person to recommend. We had so many guests compliment us on our wedding and how it came together but it honestly couldn't have without Dominique's help and guidance!

J
Josh

Married on 10/11/2015

Big Juicy Events, and in particular their founder & lead planner, Dominique are the absolutely best dream team of wedding coordinators. Dominique and her staff are extremely talented, creative, professional, hard-working, dedicated, warm, sweet and friendly. My wife and I had the pleasure of working with Dominique Bell and Big Juicy Events for our recent wedding in October 2015 in Brooklyn, NY and were beyond thrilled with her leadership and service from our big day. Everything Dominique touches turns to gold – from the year-long planning process, to the vendor selections, to the finance budgeting, to the accommodation of parents and family, to the timeline coordination, to the day of management, to the friendship we built together. Dominique made sure that my wife and I had the most special day of our lives, all while making it look effortless in the background. A successful wedding planner allows their client to set the tone, see the vision and choose their preferences, while being their compass and backbone to help navigate them along the way. And that’s exactly what Dominique does. Dominique is a remarkable human being. She is driven, self-motivated, extremely hardworking, dedicated and loyal. She started her own company after cutting her teeth in the ever-competitive and fast paced restaurant/hospitality world of New York City. She knows about food, she knows about wine, she knows about service and she most importantly knows firsthand about customer satisfaction. She is hands on, detailed oriented, well organized, extremely responsive and routinely goes over the top for her clients. She has that understated but telling skill at making each client feel as if they are her only client. If you let Dominique and Big Juicy Events into your life and your story, we promise they’ll help to give you a fairy tale ending!

R
Rebecca

Married on 10/03/2015

My husband I met Dominique at a caterer tasting. I knew immediately that she would be a great edition to help us plan our wedding. We meet with her one more time and we didn’t even look for anyone else. At the time we hired Dominique, we had already booked most of our big vendors, and she was very open to negotiating pricing to help us from that day forward. I cannot say enough about how she put me at ease through the rest of the process. The moment I got slightly stressed about something I would email Dominique and she would make it all seem so simple and easy and my worries would wash away. I was finally able to sleep at night without having concerns over a vendor or a wedding to do list flashing in my brain.

The day of the wedding I never even thought about one vendor or what was happening inside our reception space. I knew it would be perfect, and it was all because Dominique understands your vision and makes sure it is perfectly executed. Obviously there are always hiccups with one vendor or another on the wedding day, but I didn’t even know about them until after the wedding when we could laugh about them together!

There is no better money spent then on Dominique to make you feel at ease through the entire wedding process, help find you the perfect vendors to make your vision a reality, and to execute everything with such ease and grace. Also you will want to continue to be her friend after the wedding day!

Lisa

Married on 07/31/2015

My husband and I made a lot of decisions while planning our wedding but I can honestly say the best decision we made was hiring Dominique as our month-of-coordinator. While she certainly provided the services and tools you'd expect from an experienced planner (vendor advice, suggested schedules, gentle nudges to do your homework, etc. ) -- and did so superbly -- the thing that really made me * love * her was the way she handled our wedding day. Her demeanor conveyed that she was entirely in control of everything while maintaining complete composure. I felt 100% confident that she was taking everything seriously and handling it with ease, allowing me to actually enjoy myself. Several friends and family members approached me after the wedding to compliment how well she took care of something they needed that day, none of which I was aware of -- and that's the point! She's a total BOSS. I'd honestly hire her to run my life if I could. Do yourself a favor and stop searching. You're not going to do better than Dominique and her team.

Aneya

Married on 05/24/2015

Dominique was the best investment we made for our wedding, by a mile! My husband and I were initially hesitant to hire anyone (it was only at 80 person wedding) but we soon learned that even with a small wedding, the to-do list is never ending, and we desperately needed someone to take the reins.

Dominique and I negotiated a price that worked for us both and she immediately got to work (months before her official ‘month of’ start date). Dominique is so knowledgeable about the industry, super-organized and on top of everything. Right away, she began emailing me with ideas and things I hadn’t thought about, going over plan B scenarios in case of rain (thank god it didn’t! ) and just generally being an all-around life saver! There are so many small details you can easily overlook when planning a wedding, and Dominique thought of all them. Her assistant Lakisha was amazing too, even buying our platters out of pocket when our vendor fell through.

On the day of the wedding, Dominique did it all, from setting up the space beautifully to wrangling my family members for pictures, to getting in a quick rehearsal with the wedding party, to cleaning everything up afterwards. I felt a sense of calm on my wedding day because I knew she had everything under control.

Dominique goes above and beyond and really invests in making your wedding a dream come true. I would HIGHLY recommend Dominique and Big Juicy Events for any bride-to-be!