Back to Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist

41 Reviews for Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist

Latoya
LaToya

Married on 06/29/2019

Stop searching and choose Doranna!

Ladies,
Doranna made me look and feel the way I deserved to look and feel on my wedding day! It was overwhelming to sift through all the vendors and select a stylist and makeup artist in another country that you can trust. However, Doranna's staff were warm and responsive to my questions. They were also very patient with me. Based on my initial interactions with them, my gut told me to select Doranna. On my wedding day, they arrived on time at my hotel (after driving an hour to my hotel). They paid careful attention to give me the look that I was going for. They calmed my nerves with their professionalism, and I knew that I was in great hands. My makeup was light and flawless. My hair flowed beautifully after I took it down at the reception. If you are out there searching for a trusted team in Cancun, choose Doranna and her team. Believe me, I am not the easiest person to please but Doranna pleased me! :)

Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist's reply:

My love, thanks so much for your kind words, you've made our day!!!! You are a tremendously beautiful woman and it was a pleasure to work with you.

Ewa
Ewa R

Married on 06/08/2019

Amazing!! Dont hesitate..book!

Doranna and her team were amazing for the entire experience, from booking, fast communication, great discussion and accommodation for hair and make up trial, and finally the big wedding day. They are super talented and do amazing job at hair and makeup for any age group, it was exactly what I was looking for. I felt very beautiful for the big day. Even my most picky hard to please bridesmaid was extremely happy. Doranna is very flexible and adjusted to my last minute changes of getting ready location. The team is very talented, professional, fun, patient, and just have very high and positive energy. They have very good hair products which make your hair last all night even in the humidity and high temperatures. The same goes for make up, they have the latest pallets and colors to meet everyone's needs. Doranna even got fresh flowers to put in my hair that were just the perfect color. I highly recommend her to anyone for any occasion especially wedding. Thank you so much!

Lauren
Lauren Bradley

Married on 03/30/2019

African American Bride

Finding a hair stylist in Mexico who could handle African American hair was one of the most stressful parts of planning my destination wedding. I'm so lucky to have found Doranna. She did a great job with my hair and my mom's hair. I have shoulder length hair, but wanted to add clip-in extensions to make my updo more full. I brought the extensions with me from home and Doranna installed them with ease to create the most beautiful updo. If you're on the fence about booking her, don't be. She was absolutely amazing!

Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist's reply:

Thanks so much for your trust, Lauren! Loved working with you, you are such a beautiful bride. Best wishes!!!!

C
Candyce

Married on 03/16/2019

Professional & friendly team!

I had a group of 11, some for hair & makeup, some for only hair or makeup. Doranna's team helped put together a schedule that made sense and worked for my preferences - and made updates to it even until the day before!

Her team of 4 arrived on site at our hotel exactly on time, were professional but still really friendly and helpful. We had a great afternoon getting glammed by them and everyone looked amazing by the end of it!

Two important things to note:
1. I did not even have a trial appointment with her! I shared photos of what I wanted, as well as photos of myself and some of the group beforehand. Her team was ready for any type of complexion & request!

2. My hair and makeup lasted literally ALL day and night in pretty hot temperatures (with some humidity), even with an after-party at the club and 4am tacos!

I'd highly recommend her services and would definitely go back to her salon when I'm back in Playa!

Maggie
Maggie Malone

Married on 03/05/2019

Perfect for my destination wedding

My three bridesmaids and I used Doranna and her team for our hair and makeup on my wedding day. Our makeup artist and hairstylist were absolutely wonderful to work with even though there was a slight language barrier. We just showed them some pictures off of pinterest and they were able to exactly recreate the hair style and make up look. All of us were so impressed and, after having already been in several other weddings, agreed that this was the best wedding hair/makeup we have had. Their price point is also on par with make up and hairstylists in the US. I couldn't recommend them more. I am so happy how everything turned out.

E
Emily Kaniecki

Married on 02/19/2019

Wedding hair and make up

Im from the UK and was having a destination wedding in Playa del Carmen. Doranna was recommended to me and her team made the whole process so easy despite not meeting until a week before the wedding. I had a trial out in Mexico and they were incredible helpful and listened to everything I was looking for. Even on the day they listened to me and my bridal team to create the perfect look to suit everyone. They were flexible and happy to change things as we went along whilst also offering their experienced advice. They did a fantastic job and made everyone feel so comfortable. Hair and make up stayed almost all night despite the heat and wind. I would definitely recommend.

Lori
Lori Moskowitz

Married on 01/12/2019

Just awesome!

Doranna and her artists are awesome. Such a wonderful experience from the trial hair and makeup to the actual wedding day. This was my 2nd wedding after a 20 yr. 1st marriage and Emi made me look.. And feel 20 years younger. The comments I received not only form the guests but on social media was a big WOW!

Nadinne

Married on 11/22/2018

Excellent!

It’s been 6 months since our wedding and I still feel like it was yesterday! I found Doranna on TripAdvisor and since the first email I sent her she made me feel that I made the best decision. She accommodated me and all the last minute needs I had, and not to mentioned that she and her entire staff made me feel like the prettiest girl on my big day!
If you’re in the riviera maya and need hair and make up Doranna is your girl!

Mariana

Married on 11/09/2018

Excellent hair styling in Playa del carmen

Doranna and her team were great! Loved the bohemian updo they gave me for a wedding I would be attending as a guest. Romantic hairstyle, looked just like the picture I brought in. Would definitely recommend!

T
Teresa Galvan

Married on 11/09/2018

Beautiful hair and makeup

Doranna and her team did an amazing job! I had a consultation the day before the wedding and felt confident my hair and makeup would look amazing. The day of the wedding my makeup and hair looked even better than the day before! She and her team are true professionals!

A
Anne Marie

Married on 06/22/2018

My daughter and I were thrilled to have Doranna and Christina do our hair and makeup for my wedding ceremony at the Fairmont Mayakoba this summer. I have very thick curly/frizzy hair and generally just give up on taming it in humid tropical climates. A bushy ponytail would typically be my go-to look. Doranna honestly was able to make my hair look the best it ever has, and I was able to wear it down! The curls were smooth and shiny, with not a hint of frizz, and it lasted throughout the day and evening. Christina was also a true artist with her makeup. I'm always hesitant to have someone else do my makeup for me for fear of looking overdone, but Christina followed my and my daughter's wishes and made us both look beautiful. My husband and his two sons loved the results. Also, Doranna and Christina couldn't have nicer. They both have great personalities and we really enjoyed the time we spent with them.

V
Vicki

Married on 05/14/2018

Doranna and her team were fantastic from the very beginning. The booking process was easy and any questions that I had were replied to quickly.

On the day itself Doranna made me feel very welcome. My bridal hair and make up, bridesmaids hair and make up and mother of the Groom hair and make up was was outstanding. Everyone commented on how beautiful we all looked. Highly recommended to anyone thinking of booking Doranna. Thank you once again!

D
Debra

Married on 05/10/2018

Words can't describe how happy we were with Doranna and her staff. They are so professional, talented and take a personal interest in making sure that you are completely happy. Plus they are so a lot of fun. So positive and supportive. We all felt so special during Hair and Make up on my Daughters wedding day. They are amazing.

Nicole

Married on 03/16/2018

I got married in Playa del Carmen on March 16th, 2018. My hotel did not allow outside vendors in so I had to find a local hair salon to make me look beautiful on my wedding day. I was so worried being that I was traveling from New Jersey for my destination wedding and had to base my decision solely on photos. Im so HAPPYI booked with Doranna and her team. My girls (12 of us total) and I looked SPECTACULAR on my wedding day. She was so accommodating and knew immediately the look and feel that I was going for. She kept to her schedule, made us look great, and had plenty of laughs together that helped ease my wedding jitters. I would recommend her to ANYONE that is looking for a fantastic hair stylist, especially if you are traveling from far away and worry too much like me! Book with her! You'll be in great hands!

Doranna, I cant thank you enough! Xoxoxoxo!

R
Rhian

Married on 01/31/2018

Doranna was the hair stylist for my bridesmaids and the mother of the bride and groom for my wedding day in Playa del Carmen, on 31st January 2018. Doranna and her team were a dream to work with. Incredibly professional, attentive and responsive. I felt totally relaxed and confident that Doranna would provide the best possible service, and she did! Everyone was delighted with their hair and she was also a lovely person to have in the room while we were all getting ready for the wedding. I highly recommend Doranna and her team. Thank you Doranna!

D
Daniela

Married on 01/26/2018

I have no words to talk about Doranna, all I could have ever asked for and more! I was so worried about my wedding look, it was so important to me to feel perfect and she made it possible. All the experience with her was great! Since the first time I asked for information, her team was amazing detailing on all my answers. Always available to talk and to get everything as I asked. She was so focused on the details, and she captured perfectly the idea I had in mind. She made recommendations, which now I am trilled to have listed to. She is an expert at weddings, and all the details she recommended were the perfect final touch. My friends (a large group) also asked for makeup and hair, it's always so hard to make everyone happy and she did! (Her and her amazing team) All of them were so happy! I received tons of good comments. And on the wedding day she made me feel so relaxed, calmed and happy. She guard all the details even for the photo session. My hair and make up were intact all thought the party, we even ended dancing in the rain! And I still looked amazing! I could not have made a better decision and could no recommend her more! Thanks Doranna you were such an important part on making this the best day of my life!

T
Tara

Married on 01/08/2018

We were 5 to get are hair and makeup done for my wedding in Playa Del Carmen. I found Doranna surfing the web and Facebook! VERY happy with my choice! She is carring, has alot of experience and executes exactly what we ask! Loved her and her makeup artist! I would choose her again without a doubt! Thank you again!

Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist's reply:

Thank you very much Tara that you shared your wonderful experience. We are very pleased you chose and liked our service and our professionalism. It was a pleasure to be part of your big day and that we were able to beautify your ladies and your little girl. Hope to see you soon and if you ever come back to Playa please don't hesitate to get in touch! Love Doranna

J
Jessica

Married on 07/11/2017

Doranna did my hair and makeup for my beach wedding at rosewood Mayakoba. They are not kidding about the humidity, and there's no way I would have been able to do it myself. She did an amazing hairstyle that still showed off my long hair but kept it out of my face despite all of the wind. My curls lasted 2 days! She showed up early is very prepared. Even did a last minute flower girl hair styling with the crown.
Her partner, cris, did my makeup. I was more nervous having someone new do my makeup, but she did it exactly how I like. Highly recommend doranna!

P
Patricia

Married on 07/08/2017

Doranna and her crew were amazing! She went above and beyond my expectations. The day of my wedding I felt the prettiest I have ever felt, my husband even geared up seeing me walk down the isle! He kissed me and kept repeating how beautiful I looked! Thank you Dorrana, you are the best!

L
Leticia

Married on 07/08/2017

I had a wonderful experience with Doranna. The work she does is truly a work of art. My hair was gorgeous and my makeup stayed the entire night. I was very pleased

C
Christina

Married on 06/24/2017

I used Doranna for my hair and makeup for my wedding and she is absolutely AMAZING! I was so worried about booking a hair stylist that I had never met, but she made me feel at ease right away! Her work speaks for itself and she loves what she does. She was very efficient and organized, listened to what I wanted, and gave great suggestions to make everything look even better! My hair and make up came out absolutely gorgeous and I received so many compliments! I would recommend her to anyone who wants to look fabulous on their wedding day!

Nida

Married on 06/03/2017

I loved working with Doranna before my wedding day for a trial and the day of the wedding as well! She was so easy to work with and has a talent to know what works and what does not. I sent her pictures with what I had in mind and she outdid even that! I was exactly what I wanted to be on my wedding day because of her. Also my hair and makeup did not fall out or come off even the slightest and it was a hot, humid day. My bridesmaids' and mother in law's makeup and hair was beautiful as well and was all very well done and stayed in place. I could not have been happier!

Doranna is very talented and easy to work with. She makes getting hair and makeup done enjoyable and she is also very quick! I had a great experience with her and would definitely recommend her!

Michelle

Married on 05/16/2017

Doranna was amazing from start to finish! I was really nervous about trying to find someone in a different country to do my hair and makeup for my destination ceremony. After researching and reading a LOT of reviews I decided to book hair and makeup with Doranna. She was very prompt in responding to my emails and communicated well. She asked for pictures of what I wanted my hair and makeup to look like so that she could have it on file. I could not find a picture of exactly what I had envisioned so on the ceremony day we pulled up the pictures I had sent and she listened to how I wanted to look. We did not do a trial run so I was a little nervous about how it would turn out. It turned out that I had nothing to worry about because Doranna did an amazing job! My hair and makeup turned out exactly how I imagined it!
Not only does she have great skill, but she is also very warm and personable. I am so happy I found her to do my hair and makeup for my special day. I highly recommend her!

S
Sara

Married on 03/30/2017

Planning a wedding in Playa from the US is nerve-wracking! My hair and makeup caused me probably the highest form of anxiety overall. (well, that and how my dress fit) but it was REALLY hard to put my trust in someone for this special day.

I met Doranna the day before our ceremony date and we hit it off immediately!
She's gorgeous, takes care of herself and always looks beautiful, how could she possibly not make ME look my best as well?!
All of my concerns immediately vanished as I knew I could put my trust in her hands.
And I was right. :)

On your wedding day, such a big part of the day is 'getting ready'! I was really nervous because I had brought so many people down to this foreign country for a fantastic party and I wanted every detail to be PERFECT for my husband and our guests. My hair and makeup were SO important to me...

It was perfect! We had great music, some really close girlfriends, some Prosecco and Doranna & Cris making us look our best for the most important day of my life! It was so much fun, the room was full of laughter & smiles and it just felt perfect - comfortable & happy - like it was supposed to feel!

I was so happy, my hair and makeup were perfect! My step-daughter's hair and makeup were perfect! My mom's hair and makeup were perfect! I could not have dreamed of a better day, all of my wishes came true and now I feel like I've gained a girlfriend for life in Doranna!
How often does that happen? I promise you can put your faith and trust in Doranna - even from thousands of miles away! :)

Si quieres lucir perfecto el día de tu boda, contrata a Doranna!
! Gracias Doranna!
! Siempre estaré agradecido!

Margarita

Married on 02/20/2017

Doranna was recommended by my Weddingplanner for our symbolic ceremony in Riviera Maya. It was the first time for me that I had professional make up, and of course I was very excited. Doranna did both, my hair and make-up. Although we had plenty of time, she came even half an hour earlier to discuss the styles.

As I was a bit nervous, she gave me immediately confidence through her warm and open-minded personality - it was a super relayed atmosphere. While doing make-up and hair we had a really nice conversation and after a short while it felt like I was taking with a good friend of mine.

She created for me the styles I liked but also followed her own inspiration, which I found really professional. The colour for my lips, cute pink, I would have never chosen, but she did for me and it looked awesome. The whole look was amazing - I have never been that beautiful and still I am looking at the photos and can't believe how pretty I can be.

It might not surprise you that I highly recommend her! It is not only her professional work I admired, but also the attention to me as a women, bride and customer before and after (! ) this big day. Also her assistant, Crystal, did an incredible job, answered all questions I had and helped me with everything I came up with.

Thumbs up! Don't look further, you won't find a better stylist than Doranna!

Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist's reply:

Margarita, it was a pleasure for us too! You were amazing to work with and your destination wedding here in the Riviera Maya suited you perfectly! It was an honor to do your bridal hair and makeup and you did look stunning! Don't be surprised at how beautiful you looked because I just enhanced what you are! Enjoy your new married life and, hopefully, our paths will cross again sometime soon!