Back to Double Platinum Celebrations LLC

C
Featured
Cari

Married on 10/09/2015

I recently got married on 10/9/2015. This was both of our 1st time getting married. The planning of this event started roughly 8-10 months prior and the selection of my DJ was very important. I had asked around for suggestions and DJ Kevin Duran's (Double Platinum Celebrations) name quickly was given and kept resurfacing. I had contacted the company and requested DJ Kevin. Kevin was quickly in contact with me and stayed in contact up until the night prior to the wedding. Throughout this planning process Kevin asked all the right questions and eased any concern that I had. Well, the night of my wedding finally arrived and I walked into the venue (Dunegrass) to see the gorgeous lights and sounds of my DJ. Kevin worked with my wedding coordinator throughout the whole night to ensure that everyone was flawless! The dance floor was NEVER empty and compliments still are pouring in from our friends and family about the DJ! I would HIGHLY recommend him for future weddings and could never thank him or repay him for the AMAZING job he did! Kevin truly loves what he does and it shows.....

Samantha

Getting married on 07/01/2021

While planning our wedding, we knew we wanted Double Platinum Celebrations to be part of it. We had been to multiple weddings where DJ Kevin was the DJ and were very happy with those events. Throughout the planning process, DJ Kevin was more than helpful and accommodating. He answered any questions we had thoroughly and promptly. On the day of the wedding, he was very professional and helped assure me everything was going to be fine. He was very flexible with the schedule and even kept me on track. He did the ceremony and reception music as well as announcements. He was very helpful to ensure our First Dance song (which was performed live) went smoothly. He had a great mixture of all the types of music we wanted played and kept everyone dancing. We highly recommend DJ Kevin for any event you might be planning. We could not have asked for anything better.

Matt Morse

Getting married on 06/05/2020

Such a great time

DJ Ben was incredible! Leading up to the wedding he was incredibly helpful and resourceful in guiding us through our selections for music and was very easy to work with. At the wedding itself everything went off without a hitch and numerous people asked us throughout the night where/how we had found him - he was extremely entertaining and definitely ensured that everyone had a great time all night long. I loved having him there and so did everyone else!

Sophie
Sophie Booth

Married on 07/20/2019

DJ Sean is an absolute legend.

DJ Sean was an absolute joy to work with. He took the time to meet with us before the ceremony and go over every single detail of our wedding, and he worked seamlessly alongside our day of coordinator and wedding officiant to run the schedule so that we didn't have to think about timelines at all. He kept everyone organized and was a true professional (and awesome guy!). He arrived at our site extra early, was self-sufficient and didn't need anything extra from us like tables or cords, and he made sure to be fully set up well before our ceremony time. And our DANCE PARTY! DJ Sean managed to fuse our Belgian and American guests to create the best dance party ever. He also was the mastermind of one of my favorite memories of the night - honoring my grandparents and their 64 year long marriage with their special song. Everyone sobbed watching them dance together and it's a moment I'll always hold close. Come visit us in Belgium, Sean!

Note from my (now! ) husband:
Sean is a legend. Absolutely loved him. We gave him some pointers on what kind of music we like & went from there. The dancefloor was never empty, which was such a big deal to me & Sean made it work. He was also just a supercool guy to work and chat with, really genuine and happy. I'm from Belgium, but if I was from Maine I'd scout him out in the local clubs when I wanted to boogie. Thanks again Sean.

Amy
Amy Jenkins

Married on 07/20/2019

Playlist Perfection!

DJ Kevin Duran made our wedding day a hit! His song selection catered to the youngest guest all the way to the oldest guest. The dance floor was packed all night!

T
Taylor L

Dj Jason is the Best!!

We had Dj Jason at our wedding. He was the absolute BEST! He was super accommodating with all of our requests and knew just what songs to play to keep the guests dancing all night! We have gotten so many compliments on the dj and the music he played. He was truly such a nice guy and we couldn’t have asked for a better Dj! Seriously, he is the best of the best!

Michael Dorn

Great Job - Smooth

Stephen did a great job and ran all of the music, from the ceremony through the end, smoothly. Thank you!

Aly

Married on 07/13/2019

Highly Recommend DJ Sean!

Sean did an amazing job with every aspect of our wedding and it was a big plus to us that he had worked at our venue before and came highly recommended. Throughout the planning process he gave great suggestions for songs as well as colors for uplighting. He met with us the week before the wedding and even encouraged a call the week of to make sure that everything was all set. From the ceremony music to the end of the night song he did not disappoint. It was wonderful that he played songs that continued to get people on the dance floor and having fun. He stuck well to my do no play list and we received many compliments on how great the music for our wedding was. We are so glad we booked him and would recommenced him for any future weddings.

Jenna
Jenna

Best DJ Ever!

DJ Collin was an amazing part of our big day! From our first phone conversation with him, we could tell he understood the vibe we were going for (all various music for cocktail hour, dinner, and reception) and we felt totally confident in him. On our wedding day, he was so fun and professional, and we received so many compliments about him! From the minute he arrived, he immediately felt like part of the team - he was fun, encouraging, and kept the party going all night! Seriously - I don't think I've ever seen people flood the dance floor as fast as they did as soon as Collin started playing music. He played a great range of music that had everyone dancing - from kids, to adults, to grandparents! We danced all night. He was also super great about letting my mom take the mic to have some fun, and about announcements throughout the night (intros, speeches, food, special dances). Overall, we are so thankful for Collin and so glad he was a part of our big day! THANK YOU!

Sarah

Married on 07/11/2019

Amazing and easy

I can not say enough good things about Kevin Duran with Double Platinum Celebrations! He was professional, experienced, and easy to work with! He was able to read our crowd well and play music that kept our dance floor full the entire night. My husband and I like music, but are not passionate about it. That being said, we were not very helpful to Kevin when it came to requesting specific styles, bands, etc. We really entrusted him with it all, and he did amazing!

Mike
Mike Fannon

Married on 07/06/2019

DJ Collin was fantastic!

We hired Double Platinum Celebrations for our wedding in Portland, ME this past weekend. DJ Collin was absolutely fantastic to work with! He was quick to respond to our emails and calls and totally let us put together the run of show, but had great suggestions based on his previous experience. During the dance party he genuinely looked like he was having as much fun as the rest of us up there. Overall, I'd highly recommend Collin for your event or wedding!

Alex

Married on 07/05/2019

DJ Kevin brought the fun

DJ Kevin was such a key to the fun at our wedding. His online planning tool and prep calls made it very easy to find the balance between choosing our playlist and giving him the flexibility that an experienced DJ deserves. He was able to quietly set up when he arrived, without distracting from our big day, and the dance floor atmosphere he created was a blast. If you work with this group, make sure you have them bring their lights setup. Kevin was awesome... We highly recommend him!

Monique Curtis

Married on 06/28/2019

Awesome service

Sean was awesome! I did feel bad for him during the ceremony because his Ipad was freaking out and he also felt really bad about it. Other than that he was amazing, he went above and beyond all night long! He even stayed 30 mins later then booked for. Everyone complimented us on how good the music was and how they had so much fun dancing all night long. I could also tell that he got into it too and had fun with the night. Alex and I could not stop talking about how awesome he was the week after our wedding. We will definately be recommending him to other people in the future.

D

Married on 06/22/2019

It wasn't easy finding all my vendors from a distance! We got Married in Maine but live in Maryland.... Finding DJ Pat was a blessing! He was quick with a response after my initial contact and never slowed down! He helped us plan a lot of things we had not considered! He made the process very easy! He stayed in contact, had a flexible schedule and great user friendly website, where we were able to pick songs and plan how the night would go! His professionalism, personality and great work made our wedding a night people spoke about for months! I highly recommend Dj Pat for any occasion!

James
James Hogan

NH Wedding (Dance Party) rocked with DJ Dan

DJ Dan... Best DJ we could ever ask for. Not only did he facilitate the best dance party in NH but he was a true professional and extremely easy to work with. His music selection and transitions were getting compliments the next day at breakfast. Working with Double Platinum was extremely easy and Dan kept in touch the entire way. If you decide to book with Double Platinum, which I highly recommend you do if you're looking for a DJ, ask for Dan if you want your reception to be a bumping party.

MegHitTheZachPot
Meg

Married on 06/22/2019

Easiest Decision Of the Wedding!

The wedding was a blast and we had a wonderful experience with DJ Jason Tubbs from Double Platinum DJs as our DJ! The planning process was very smooth using the online tool which allowed us to incorporate our day of timeline, must play and play if possible songs, and all the details of our wedding. He was very responsive to all of our questions in the vendor selection process and leading up to the wedding. Overall, it was very reasonabilt priced as well and below our anticipated DJ budget. On the wedding day, Jason was on time and all set up by the time we made it to the island the day of the wedding. Everything went so smooth, from the speeches, toasts, first dances, and you could tell that Jason really knew our schedule!
Jason definitely nailed the overall party vibe we were aiming for our wedding. He found a way to incorporate all of our requests and overall did a great job of keeping things moving throughout the night! Our number one request was to keep people dancing and that dance floor was never empty! We highly recommend Jason to anyone looking for an amazing wedding DJ! It was by far the easiest decision of our wedding planning process!

Anna Gildow

Married on 06/08/2019

Flawless! Best DJ ever

DJ Kevin Duran was incredible and really made the whole event amazing! He is down to earth, go with the flow, reads the crowd and plays all the best songs. The entire event - ceremony, speeches, dances - went on flawlessly with no technical glitch and he kept things moving on schedule while remaining flexible if we had changes. Multiple guests said he was the best DJ theyd ever seen. Cannot rave enough about Kevin!

Married on 06/08/2019

June 8th, 2019 Wedding

DJ Matthew was fantastic! From our phone conversations and accommodating all of our song requests. The day of everything was timed out perfectly and our guests loved him, as did we! I would of had him play all night If I could! I highly recommend him and your company and will do so if anyone I know is looking :)

Alyssa
Alyssa Deheulle

Married on 06/07/2019

DJ Kevin Duran

Cannot say enough good things about DJ Kevin Duran! After talking to him for the first time, his personality shined and we just knew he would be perfect for our wedding on June 7th at Cliff House in Maine. He was friendly, funny, relatable, and it was like talking to an old friend, which made us feel very confident moving forward with him. Throughout the wedding planning he was professional and responded to our emails within minutes whenever we had any questions for him. He completely understood our taste in music and kept our friends and family dancing all night. We got so many compliments throughout the night from our guests saying how much they loved the music and how awesome the DJ was, which was extremely important to us. We cannot wait to have DJ Kevin at our next party and would recommend him to anyone else in need of a DJ! THANK YOU DJ Kevin for making our night one we will never forget!

Adam Martin

Married on 06/02/2019

Perfect DJ for a Perfect Day!

DJ Kevin and Double Platinum Celebrations were the DJ for our wedding in Popham Beach, ME in early July, 2019. In case the following review gets too long to read quickly, I can honestly say that my (new! ) wife and I could not have asked for a better DJ for our wedding. I think the first sign of the events about to unfold was the phone call we had with DJ Kevin on our drive up to Maine. Our 5 and a half hour drive was pleasantly interrupted by DJ Kevin giving us a call to shore up some of the details regarding the list of songs we submitted. We ended up connecting about many of the songs we had chosen, which made for an awesome discussion about what he intended to play during the reception, the ceremony, and even the cocktail hour. His sheer amount of knowledge of the songs he had available to play, as well as some of the connections he made to other songs he knew we would like clued us in that we were dealing with a true, well-"versed" professional. He treated us with the utmost respect, and assured us that we were going to be treated right on our most special of days. After meeting DJ Kevin and finalizing the schedule and some other small details with him, we finally got to see him in action. It started with the wedding party's walk down to the ceremony site, and he really showed us that he knew what he was doing. The ambient music was exactly what we had discussed, the mics for our vows and the reverend were set up perfectly, and the music as we walked back out was wonderful as well. Although I wasn't around for the cocktail hour, the real shining moment seemed to be the reception. I'm not much of a dancer myself, I'm more of a runner, so I'm used to movement in a single direction. However, DJ Kevin knew exactly what he needed to play to get myself, my new bride, and both of our families up and moving and dancing the night away. My father is even less of a dancer than myself, and I don't think I saw him leave the dance floor at all! All in all, a perfect night made even better by the perfect DJ.

Emily
Emily

Married on 05/26/2019

DJ Chris brought the house down!

"We LOVED working with DJ Chris! From our intro call to all of the followups we asked of him, Chris was so very friendly, accomodating, and full of ideas when we needed some inspiration. Of all of our wedding vendors, Chris gave us the most comprehensive and thoughtful responses, rarely requiring a followup from us.

On the day of the wedding, Chris arrived early, got everything set up (accommodating for 3 different locations), and executed the music flawlessly. We had so many people commenting that they loved our music, and although we put in requests through their portal, a lot of it came from Chris's great feel for what the crowd wanted.

Thank you Chris for keeping the party going for us!"

Carly
Carly Kiomall

Married on 05/25/2019

Five Star DJ with Five Star Service

We had the pleasure of working with DJ Sean Ross from Double Platinum Celebrations.

Overall, we do not have enough positive things to say. Beginning with the inquiry process (headed by Operations Manager Kevin Duran who was very helpful), progressing throughout the planning process, and culminating in the execution of our big day--Double Platinum Celebrations was there to tend to our every need.

DJ Sean was incredibly helpful, offering guidance and suggestions throughout the entire planning process. He was attentive to every detail, scheduling several phone encounters with us (as we were planning from out-of-state) throughout the planning process. He informed us of an online planning tool to list songs that we wanted played and general preferences and even encouraged us to send him our own Spotify playlists if we'd like. In the days leading up to our big day, Sean talked us through our timeline, and even went the extra step of reaching out to our other vendors (our venue, photographer, videographer, etc. ) to ensure that we were all on the same page.

When it came time for our wedding day, DJ Sean did not disappoint. He seamlessly kept the event flowing and was very intuitive about reading the crowd. We loved the energy and the positive ambience that Sean brought to our big day and received numerous complements throughout the night on our music and DJ selection. All we could say is that we are SO HAPPY that we chose Double Platinum Celebrations and we are confident that you will be too!

S. Clark

Married on 05/25/2019

Best DJ in Maine!

DJ Steven was awesome! 10/10 He did so well. Even when other things ran over he kept the party on track. His transitions between songs kept the party moving never letting it die down. He took our requests and put them in an order that made sense and kept everyone out and dancing. This made the dancing seem like it lasted longer than it did even though it was shorter than we planned due to pictures and dinner run over time. Having just been to another wedding this past weekend and comparing his services to other DJs we’re so glad we went with you double platinum celebrations over the other companies and DJs we talked to.

Rachel
Rachel

Married on 05/18/2019

Great DJ who kept our party going!

We worked with Collin from double platinum. He was professional and extremely responsive throughout the planning process - he graciously worked with our hectic schedules in the final days before the wedding. The online planning took was intuitive and helpful.

On the day of the wedding Collin worked seamlessly with our venue coordinator and officiant to make sure microphones and sound was all set to go. During the reception he did a great job MCing. Once we started dancing, he easily "read the room" and kept the party going all night! We are extremely glad we had collin and double platinum for our wedding! They were certainly worth every penny.

Kali
Kali

Married on 05/18/2019

Amazing experience!!! ❤❤

We had a blast and Chris was a big reason that our wedding was so successful. He was amazing to work with! He was supportive throughout the entire process. He asked us what we wanted to do and when which was a nice change from our coordinator that was less than helpful! Chris was laid back and was able to roll with all the last minute changes which was super helpful. Basically, he made being a new bride so much easier! He took care of everything from making little announcements and getting guests to participate to moving things around in the dining room to accommodate all of our guests and then ultimately moving speakers outside because that's where everyone migrated to. Chris was a pleasure to work with and I'm so glad we made the decision to work with you guys at Double Platinum!