Back to DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina

10 Reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina

Featured
User3856559

2+ years ago

We stayed here for two nights - the night before our wedding, and our wedding night. We had two rooms, for the bride + bridesmaids, and groom + groomsmen. Both rooms were the standard size and were plenty large enough for 6 people, plus the photographer to fit and get ready in. Hotel staff went well above and beyond; They sent a complimentary bucket of champagne and fresh berries to our room to enjoy the night before our wedding when they found out we were getting married upon arrival. They also sent a bag of their fresh, warm cookies to our hotel rooms upon request while we were getting ready. We had room service delivered for everyone for lunch while we were getting ready and the food was phenomenal. We were very impressed with the prompt delivery of our order for 12 people. When we checked out, we had all of our decorations that we needed to load in the car, and since their bellman was out, one of the front desk staff members personally helped carry our things out and load them up. I was beyond impressed with this!

DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina's reply:

Thank you for your review! I am happy to hear that our entire hotel went above and beyond for you during your wedding weekend.

M
Michael

Event date: 08/25/2014

Berkeley Interactive Theater made Doubletree our home base for some work we were doing with Claremont Colleges. Doubletree gave us the space and support we needed to thrive! Thanks. Our best rehearsals were in the pool.

DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to review your event hosted at the DoubleTree Berkeley Marina. It was a pleasure serving as your host and we look forward to welcoming you again soon!

User4120094

2+ years ago

It was a pleasure to work with Hope in planning our wedding reception. The evening went off without a hitch, and the preparation was very straightforward. Our guests were very pleased with the location, especially those visiting from outside the US.

DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina's reply:

Thank you for review. We are thrilled you were so pleased with our service!

User4344828

Event date: 07/06/2010

My husband and I celebrated our 25th Wedding Anniversary. It was a day we haven't forgotten yet. Everyone was professional, kind and helpful. Berkeley Marina. Not Modesto.

R
Ryan

Married on 08/25/2018

4.7

We used the Berkeley Marina Doubletree for our wedding room block, but did not use their facilities for any other formal events (rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception all took place elsewhere). Our point person at the hotel for the room block was Tayler A. She was always prompt in responding to my emails with clear and helpful information. Most importantly, I felt confident that whenever I came to Tayler asking for help, she did everything in her power to ensure that I got what I needed. Wedding planning is stressful and difficult. Working with vendors who are unclear and inconsistent is especially taxing. When planning my wedding, I never once felt concerned about the Doubletree Berkeley Marina, and I have Tayler to thank for that.

Beyond the room block coordination, the hotel itself has advantages and drawbacks. For one, the location is absolutely gorgeous. We used the hotel property for pre-wedding photos with our photographer, including a first lock on a dock in the marina. It was easy and beautiful. Guests commented all weekend about the incredible views of the bay offered from across the property. Guests also were very happy about the patios and balconies in their rooms. The gardens on the grounds were gorgeous and made for fantastic photography scenes. Finally, the lobby and restaurant at the hotel are brand new, wonderful spaces to spend leisure time with guests. We spent a great deal of time in the hotel bar/restaurant.

The drawbacks: it appears this facility was recently purchased by Hilton/Doubletree and they are working on upgrading it. You can tell when walking into the room that you are in an older building in need of a foundational makeover. It looks like the hotel recently purchased new furniture and painted, but the walls/ceilings/floors need some detail work. A ceiling wall trim and nicer light fixtures would go a long way. Our negotiated room price remedied these drawbacks, though!

K
Katie

Married on 09/04/2010

The only problems that I had with them was that it took a long time for them to respond to my e-mails. I live in Boston, so all communication had to be done through e-mail and phone. They are also pretty expensive, but that is because you don't have to do anything. They set the tables, provide wait staff, arrange for the cake to be delivered, etc. We even gave them place cards that they arranged for us.

DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina's reply:

Thank you for your recent review. I am sorry to hear that our responsiveness was less than acceptable, but am happy that we fulfilled your expectations and you had a great event with us.

User4328483

4.2

Our wedding guests enjoyed their stay at the hotel. My bride and I spent our wedding night there as well. Our rehearsal dinner was aboard a chartered dinner yacht that docked right near the hotel. The three-day celebration was a great success.

DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina's reply:

Thank you for your recent review. I am happy to hear that your event was a success! Thank you for selecting my hotel.

User4366176

2+ years ago

A fun place, on the water... My guests were happy.

User4330412

2+ years ago

Nice value for money. Lots of construction going on at time.

DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to respond to our survey. Being a great value in the east bay is one more perk when staying at our hotel! I am sorry that you experienced our construction and hope you have the opportunity to see the improvements we made over your stay.

User4332137

3.6

They asked me to review an event that was over 2 years ago! Huh?

DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina's reply:

Thank you for your reply. As the new director of catering here I am going back to all past contacts to solicit feedback on their experience. I apologize if this request was ill timed.

Best regards,