Back to EM Event Management

24 Reviews for EM Event Management

Featured
Shamik

Married on 08/12/2017

We had Emily for long term planning and as “day of” planner. On the day of our wedding she was calm, graceful and collected the whole time and our families, guests, and wedding party loved her. Neither of our families were accustomed to even the basic structure of what a "western" or "American" style wedding would entail and Emily coached them through all of it to the point where everyone felt comfortable. On the day of, my wife and I were able to easily focus on enjoying the wedding and being with our loved ones instead of worrying about the mechanics of our wedding. Furthermore our wedding was somewhat non-traditional in several ways- we had mixed gender wedding parties, our officiant was a friend, we had a slam poetry performance in the middle of the ceremony, etc etc - and Emily was able to incorporate all of these elements, still providing recommendations on structure and keeping order with the participants on the day of the wedding despite the increased ambiguity that a lack of adherence to tradition could theoretically cause. Our venue recently made some changes to their staffing model (new chef, catering manager, coordinator etc. ) and there was confusion about several things. Given her experience with the venue she was able to sort things out and correct them numerous times. She truly loves talking about decor, dresses, flowers, etc. And it is clear that she loves weddings and everything involved even more than my wife or I ever have. She got us excited about our wedding even during the times when we felt the process onerous, and her positivity helped keep us going when times were stressful. We had her for full planning starting nearly a year before the wedding and she was invaluable throughout and particularly great in the weeks leading up to the event. This is where her skills truly shine and she went above and beyond what we expected of her. We had a bunch of issues with the venue staffing and vendors, and Emily handled it all with poise. Thanks Emily!

EM Event Management's reply:

Oh my, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review!! You guys were just the BEST! I thought of you the other day as I remembered how you spoke to the entire room and thanked and pretty much mentioned all guests there. I was blown away! I so LOVED the poetry as it really made such an impact on the uniqueness of your special day! Hope all is going well - I'm sure it is!! Thank you again for your kind words it helps me so much!!!

D
Daniel

Married on 05/06/2018

Emily was truly a pleasure to work with. My wife and I both had full time jobs and were doing long distance, so wedding planning was particularly stressful. However, Emily made sure everything went smoothly. She was very experienced with the whole process and helped keep us on track to make sure we had everything in order before wedding day. On the actual big day, Emily made sure everything went smoothly, and it was as stress-free as it could have been. It gave me peace of mind knowing she was there, and we didn’t have to check on anything! I simply got to have fun and actually enjoy time with the guests! We are so grateful that we had Emily’s help through the process. Highly recommend!

EM Event Management's reply:

Thank you Daniel and Stella! You are an amazing couple! Your day was so much fun and I really enjoyed meeting your family and friends!! A lifetime of happiness to you both!!!! I'm grateful to have been a part of your celebration!

R
Rachel

Married on 05/04/2018

Emily was absolutely incredible! If you are looking for an amazing wedding coordinator to help you plan a wonderful day, look no further. From our first consultation, Emily was detail-oriented, intuitive, organized, and very warm. She was genuinely interested in getting to know our values and personalities to help us plan our wedding. Emily went out of her way to meet with both sets of our parents months before the wedding and to visit our venues with them. We were all very impressed! She was consistently responsive over email and phone and VERY helpful, offering some key suggestions that made a huge difference in the flow of the day. She was very professional and on top of her role as a liaison with our other vendors. On the wedding day, she set everyone at ease - from family to guests. Emily is solution-oriented and very positive, and she is also honest if she thinks something won't work based on her extensive experience. Her "wedding bible" document was absolutely essential to helping us feel organized and prepared. On the day of our wedding, we were all able to relax and enjoy the flow of events, because the timeline was so tightly planned, largely thanks to Emily! Anything that came up during the ceremony or reception, she was able to handle it gracefully so that we could be truly present. Thank you for being such an amazing part of our wedding, Emily!

EM Event Management's reply:

Rachel and Thomas - you both are a delight!!! I was honored and loved being a part of your special day!!! Thank you for your kindness!! A lifetime of happiness to you both and can't wait to see photos!!!

Siming

Married on 04/21/2018

Emily was a GOD SEND to us! She made our day so special and seamless. She went above and beyond in every way so we were able to actually enjoy our day. She knew and understood our vision and made it happen! She's super flexible and amazing to work with, she even drove our car back to the hotel! Thank god she was there to keep me calm when we realized the bustle on my dress was broken! I would recommend Emily hands down, any day!

EM Event Management's reply:

Siming, Thank you!! You were so kind! I was honored to be a part of your day! It was a beautiful location, lots of fun and you were stunning even with a little bit of a broken bustle!!! It was a joy meeting your family and friends! Have a wonderful honeymoon!!!

K
Kate

Married on 11/11/2017

Emily was essential in helping me thoroughly enjoy our wedding day. She regularly went above and beyond, contacting me multiple times and well in advance of the event to offer support, ideas, and advice, even though I'd only technically hired her for a very small period of time. She's thoughtful, level-headed, up for anything, and always knows what's going on. I'm super Type-A, and felt SO confident letting go and letting Emily do her thing. 100000% would recommend her to ANYONE planning a wedding!

EM Event Management's reply:

You were an amazing bride! Very organized and I really enjoyed meeting your family and friends! Thank you!!

Annabel

Married on 10/28/2017

Emily did an amazing job coordinating all the moving pieces at out wedding (Chinese banquet), which we had over 300 guests at. She was very responsive and made it so easy for my husband and I to actually enjoy our wedding! We were at two venues with a lot of moving parts. Emily is very easy to work with and very organized. We loved having her be a part of our wedding day!

EM Event Management's reply:

Annabel! Thank you so much for your kind words! You guys are such an amazing couple and I was so honored to be a part of your day! Thank you for taking the time to review me! Can't wait to see photos!!!!

Ashley

Married on 10/08/2017

Incredible support and service all the way through the process! Above and beyond capabilities to coordinate! Highly recommended

EM Event Management's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review my services! Your wedding was so beautiful, fun and classy!! Thank you again!!!!! A lifetime of happiness to you both!

Married on 06/24/2017

If I could give more than than five stars I would. Emily was our day of coordinator and I cannot say enough about how fantastic she is. We met in person about a year before the wedding and then had a telephone meeting a few months out. When planning picked up momentum the month of we spoke weekly and/or daily and Emily came to the venue for a full run through. Simultaneously she was putting together a timeline and detailed folder of every bit of info you could imagine is needed on the day of the wedding (and rehearsal). Just by a phone call she turned several overwhelming days completely around and made us feel in control. Her demeanor is incomparable and her experience is extremely apparent. She foresees things you might not even think about. Emily went above and beyond - aside from handling vendors and family coordination she handled so many logistical things such as storing our Groom's cake in her own refrigerator! She actually picked it up from the hotel, brought it to her home overnight and then brought it to the venue. She moved our programs to the church for us. She brought her own basket for us to put them in. She made sure our hotel suite was cleaned for us so that after everyone got ready in it, it wouldn't be a mess upon our return. She had tons of food saved for us. She picked up lunch for the bridal suite. Always had water bottles on hand for family and bridal party. She had an emergency kit of her own. She made sure everything ran exactly on time, which was very detailed because we did not have a traditional style wedding (we did cocktail style with some traditional aspects included). I could go on for a long time with everything she did. Emily was a huge huge part of making our day so amazing. I wouldn't even question booking with her! Thank you so much Emily.

EM Event Management's reply:

You were an amazing bride! I loved working with a different style of wedding and you had thought of everything! I hope since we are in the same neighborhood, that we can see each other. Can't wait for photos of your amazing day! Thank you so much for being such a kind and lovely bride! thank you for this review!!

Jessica

Married on 11/05/2016

Emily is outstanding! I don't even know where to begin. From the first day, Emily was so attentive and spent so much time with us in person and on the phone to get to know us and our vision of the wedding. As the wedding approached, Emily spent countless hours on the phone with us ironing out every single tiny detail to make sure that our wedding day was perfect.

On our wedding day, Emily was so on point. We did not have to deal with anything. She managed everything from setting up the room to working with our vendors, to corralling our family and friends to just making sure that we had everything we needed all day and night, keeping us on schedule the whole evening and breaking down the room and packing up our personal items at the end of the evening, she was just beyond.

Our wedding day would not have gone as smoothly or been nearly as special had she not be a huge part of our event. We are so insanely appreciative for her keen eye to details and flawless execution of our vision. She is simply amazing.

If you are seeking an outstanding coordinator or full on event planner, Emily is your lady! She is just the best! We love her and will use her for any future events we will be holding!

Tomoko

Married on 10/03/2015

Hiring Emily was the best decision we ever made! She is a super friendly lady who is very easy to work with and did an amazing job. Our wedding planning was stress-free because of her great services.

In addition to doing an excellent job she does not overcharge for her services compared to some of the other planning services we contacted. Definitely worth it. Thank you Emily.

We highly recommend her to anyone! She is the BEST planner.

User5458087

2+ years ago

I recently got married and used EM - Event Management as a coordinator. I have nothing by great things to say about Emily. She is kind, knowledgeable, organized and detail oriented. I truly enjoyed working with Emily from the start. She brings much experience. Working with her was great. She remains calm in all situations and made me feel at all times like everything was under control. Thanks to Emily, I enjoy every minute of my wedding day from start to finish never once worrying about anything. Using her services was the best decision I made.
Thank you Emily!

User4347135

2+ years ago

How do you have a perfect Manhattan wedding? Hire Emily Lester at Event Management. She was the event planner for my daughter's destination wedding in NYC and it was an incredible event. As the mother of the bride, after I the first time I met her I knew I could trust her, take a back seat, and not worry about a thing. She inspired confidence immediately. And she didn't let us down in any way. She tirelessly took my daughter and her fiance around to see different venues, asking questions, offering suggestion of how the evening might look in each setting, and making comparisons all the while. After they finally decided on a location, she set up appointments for the bride and groom-to- be to meet with a DJ, photographer, and florist. She clued my daughter in as to when it was time to take care of various tasks. If my daughter was stressed, she called Emily and with a single phone call, all the stress was gone. She instilled confidence in all of us that the event was being taken care of and most importantly, that we could sit back and enjoy the wedding. I think that was the best part for me. I wasn't running around worrying about this and that; but actually got to take it all in and enjoy my daughter's wedding weekend. If you're going to get married in NYC, there is no better choice than Emily Lester.

Jessie

Married on 01/25/2014

I cannot begin to describe how helpful Emily Lester was in preparation for our wedding! Along with being an amazing bargainer, endless source of ideas, connection to great venders, etc. , she was always so supportive and enthusiastic. That was so helpful and we always felt really taken care of in every way!
We had a potential crisis with our officiant, and Emily went through with becoming an ordained minister (as she has planned, but Very quickly - just in case we needed her! ) That was really above and beyond!
In the end, the wedding went so smoothly and was the perfect weekend! We had the best time of our lives and all of our guests have been raving about what great times they had as well! I would recommend her to anyone for every type of event.

EM Event Management's reply:

Jessie and Gregory - I was honored to be a part of your great day! You both worked so hard to make your international now NYC wedding work!! Please stay in touch!!

M
Maggie

Married on 05/18/2013

Emily was great to work with and you really get to see her work ethic and how she excels the day-of in stressful situations. Weddings take a lot of coordination and she was a huge help to me on the actual day. She has a very calm persona and was very pleasant and understanding.

User3355173

2+ years ago

We're from Australia and had a destination wedding in New York. The thought of planning a wedding overseas was quite daunting but Emily made everything so easy for us. She did everything from booking reputable suppliers to running the show on the big day, and all at a VERY reasonable price!

Amy

Married on 07/28/2012

Emily Lester is wonderful! We began working with Emily last fall. We asked for help planning our same-sex wedding. (She is so personable and simply a pleasure to work with. ) We had a theme (Art Deco) in mind and Emily was completely on board. She put us in touch with great vendors and thought of many details to make the day go smoothly. Emily went above and beyond and was most responsive to not only one bride's numerous emails and phone calls, but she had to deal with two brides! On the day of, we had torrential rain and she managed to keep everyone calm and handled every detail so that we could enjoy our special day. Not only did guests say the wedding was the BEST they had ever been to, but they described the day as "magical. " If you want a fabulous wedding, Emily should be your wedding planner!

sasha

Married on 06/23/2012

Emily was a savior for our wedding. We had a fairly large wedding with 220 people, with multicultural traditions. She adapted well, figured out exactly what we needed, she was able to deal well with an anxious mother of the bride and was a soothing presence for all of us. She was organized, 100% reliable and helpful in every way both with preparations and on the day of the event. I recommend EM Event Management and Emily to anyone regardless of how difficult and overwhelming your wedding demands are. Emily can handle it. Most importantly, she is a descent, sweet and caring person.

E
Emeka

Married on 05/28/2012

Emily is a great wedding planner! From the first meeting I knew she was serious about what she does! My husband and I got so many compliments how everything ran flawless and everything was beautiful and it was all because of Emily. I' extremly happy that I hired her! If your looking for a good planner you found her!

signed
one happy bride

Amanda

Married on 04/21/2012

Emily is a fantastic wedding coordinator. She is professional, well-organized and clearly loves what she does. She handled my April 21st wedding and it went off without a single hiccup. She was on top of everything and always made us feel like everything was under control. It was a pleasure working with her. Highly recommend!

Luna

Married on 07/16/2011

I cannot say enough good things about Emily and her wedding planning business. She was the coordinator for both my wedding and my sister's weddings. Straight from the beginning of the wedding planning process, Emily was on top of her game. She got a good idea as to what my husband and I wanted and she made it happen. Emily definitely represents her clients to all the vendors, and will fight for them until they get what they want. The vendors she found for us were AMAZING, and she was able to get us some discounts with the photographer and DJs. The day of the wedding, I did nothing but sit back and relax, and when I arrived at the venue, somehow everything was not only done, but done BEAUTIFULLY. Her taste for decor is impecable! She prepares a "wedding bible" for all of her clients with a timeline for the event, and every single thing went exactly on schedule. The best part was, my husband and I did not have to do anything! She allowed us to make wonderful memories that night without having to worry or stress about a single thing, which to me is priceless.

Annie

Married on 09/18/2010

My husband and I used Emily's service for our wedding on Sept 2010. Emily was everything we had hoped for. She was attentive to our needs. She was always reachable and always offers valuable ideas and solutions to the obstacles that came up. Not only was Emily capable and experienced, most importantly she was trust worthy. I had shopped around prior to hiring Emily as my day-of-event planner, I can honestly say that Emily delivered every thing she had promised and then some. I would whole heartedly recommend Emily to anyone. As an organized person myself, I am grateful to having found Emily. On my wedding day, I did not worry about a thing, I was just having fun (in midst of chaos of course). Without Emily, I wouldn't have been able to enjoy my own hard planned wedding. Thank You Emily! I can be reached via absolutanni@gmail. Com.

C
Cielo

Married on 09/20/2009

I hired a wedding planner who was a complete disaster after firing her I was looking for someone to come in mid planning and correct all the mistakes and finishplanning one of the most important days of our lives. Emily - at EM Event Management not only delivered but she went beyond the call of duty to ensure that it felt as I never had anyone else but her. Our wedding day was elegant, and so much fun. Emily took care of everything which afforded me the opportunity to enjoy the day and never look back. If you are looking for someone that is a professional in every way and someone who understands and hears what you envisioned for your day... Then look no further. Call Emily today!

C
Christine

Married on 09/02/2005

My wedding day was perfect! Emily was AMAZING throughout the entire process! Although I only used her as a Day Of Coordinator, she was there every step of the way! She made our day absolutely flawless! It was completely hassle free for us and We were able to enjoy every second on our day which it was I really wanted from the beginning! She was on top of every detail down to making sure I had a full drink in my hand the entire night! Truly a pleasure to work with! I would recommend her to any Bride looking for a wonderful, friendly, professional, organized, caring and so much more wedding planner! :-)

BookcaseHat
Emily

Married on 07/22/2017

Emily was wonderful! Our venue required that we have a day-of coordinator. I'm a pretty organized person, and in the weeks leading up to our wedding, I was having doubts about having to spend the extra money and whether it would be worth it -- but the day of, all my worries vanished. It was SO great to know that we were in good hands and didn't have to worry about anything. Emily handled all the vendors the day-of, made sure everyone was where they needed to be, etc. I honestly don't even know if anything went awry because Emily was there to fix it! She was terrific!

EM Event Management's reply:

You were an organized bride and I so enjoyed working with you both! It was a great celebration for sure! Thank you again!