Back to Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists - gown care

Featured
Danielle

Married on 01/12/2019

BEST Bridal Alterations!!

The BEST for Bridal alterations! I live in Austin & found them online after researching alterations in both Austin and San Antonio. I had gone to several other top reviewed alteration places before coming here. I knew after the 1st consultation with Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists that they could get my dresses to look EXACTLY like I wanted and that the drive would be worth it.

I had 2 bridal dresses done with them and they both were completed perfectly! I wanted to use my mother’s dress for walking down the aisle of the church and my 1st dance and I had found a 2nd dress for a good bargain that I wanted to use for the reception party time. My mom’s dress was complex because it didn’t fit me (my mom was a size 4-6 and I’m a size 10), it was a bit discolored since it was about 35 years old, and I wanted a different neckline (the original neckline when all the way up like a turtleneck).

First, they restored my mom’s dress back to its original bright off-white color by using all organic ingredients. Then, they took the material from the original sleeves to make the back of the dress bigger so that it would zip. Finally, for the fun part! We reconstructed the neckline and sleeves with new tulle and her original applique peices to create the most beautiful and perfect wedding dress ever! They added a bustle and even added more tulle to my petticoat to make my dress even more full - just like a princess. I LOVE it!

They were even able to customize my veil by sewing my cathedral veil with my mom’s blusher. This came out perfect.

For the 2nd dress, they altered the cap sleeves to tank sleeves (about 2” wide) so that I would be able to fully move my arms around comfortably on the dance floor. They sewed a beautiful hemline that was perfect for dancing and I feel like a movie star when I have this dress on!

It’s amazing! The women that work here truly work magic! The drive from Austin was completely worth it and they can schedule fittings far in advanced so you can plan your trips. They also try their best to minimize the number of fittings so that when you come in it’s focused and the time is productive. I am so blessed to have found them and will recommend them to all of my friends.

Catherine
Catherine Pena

Married on 07/20/2019

Very Personal and Responsive

I called this vendor with only 4 weeks to go until my wedding date. Marissa and Veronica immediately set my appointment and made sure my gown was ready 3 days before my wedding. I felt as if I was their only customer; they treated me with such personal guidance and never seemed rushed. The seamstress is absolutely amazing! I will be sending her a special gift. Thank you!

D
Darla Darden

Married on 07/13/2019

Awesome service

I'm a bride from Houston that had my wedding in Comfort and I needed my dress pressed. So I googled this place and they did an AMAZING job! My dress looked PERFECT! I will also be bringing my dress here to have it cleaned and preserved.

Mo

Married on 09/01/2018

Five Star Speacilsts we're highly recommended by my bridal shop for alterations. My gown is lace so I was so scared to hem it. These ladies explained the entire process and let me tell you they do not cut corners! Nearly 5 " Off! And you would never even know. Thank you so much for everything.

Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists - gown care's reply:

Congratulations on your wedding! Thank you so much for your kind review, it means so much to us all. We know how much you love your gown, you can take advantage of our in store discount towards your cleaning and preservation, just for returning to us. Hope to see you soon, we wish you a lifetime of love and happiness.
- Five Star Wedding Gown Specialist

Stephanie

Married on 05/26/2018

Great service, my dress was cleaned and pressed and ready ahead of time. There was a small hole in the netting on the back of my dress that we found we I took it in and was fixed so we'll you couldn't tell anything ever happened to the dress.

Kelsey

Married on 02/24/2018

Five Star Wedding Gown did an amazing job getting my wedding gown back to its original beauty after my bridal portraits. I was super happy with my service and the way everything turned out. They even repaired some of the beading too! Top notch place!

V
Vanessa

Married on 02/14/2018

Top notch place for gown alterations and cleaning! My gown came out beautifully and I was thrilled with it when I went to pick it up. Highly recommend.

Katelyn

Married on 02/10/2018

I went to Five Star Wedding Gown to have my dress altered a bit before my wedding. I was super happy with the way I was taken care of and was very impressed with the quality of work they do there. I also ended up taking my dress back there after my bridal portraits were taken to have it cleaned and pressed. I will definitely be going back to have my gown preserved too!

Katy

Married on 01/27/2018

Five Star Wedding Gown was able to take care of my gown in a pinch for my big day and I was super thrilled with how everything turned out. Five Star all the way!

V
Vanessa

Married on 01/21/2018

Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists helped to turn my second-hand gown into the most dazzling gown I could ever imagine. They essentially made a new gown from the gown that I found for a great deal. They were able to turn it from a long-sleeved dress to a short-sleeved dress, transformed the bustle to be more accommodating and made a much shorter train. It was absolutely amazing when it was completed and I was one happy bride as a result. Thank you, ladies!

J
Jennifer

Married on 01/14/2018

The best thing I ever did for my wedding gown was take it to the ladies at Five Star Wedding Gown. From consultation to picking up the finished product, it was a very pleasant experience. They were very responsive to my requests and very attentive to my needs. The money I spent was well worth every penny to have my gown absolutely perfect for my wedding day. I am super appreciative of all of their hard work!

Stacy

Married on 01/06/2018

I loved everything about my experience at Five Star Wedding Gown. They were easy to work with and kept me informed every step of the way. I was amazed with all of the work they have done for my gown and would highly recommend going to them with your gown for anything that it might need.

T
Tricia

Married on 12/02/2017

Five Star Wedding Gown did an amazing job on the alterations needed for my wedding gown to fit like a glove. It was handled with care and I loved how it turned out. I am super pleased with their services and my overall customer experience.

Brittany

Married on 12/02/2017

I was super impressed with my experience at Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists and wanted to share. The ladies who work there are super knowledgeable and easy to work with. They communicated with me every step of the way of the gown preservation process. I was even able to see it to be sure I liked it before they boxed it all up! I love knowing that my gown will be preserved forever and the process (for me anyway) was totally painless.

Amanda

Married on 11/18/2017

I went to Five Star Wedding Gown to have my dress altered for my wedding. I regularly go to the Five Star Cleaners on Huebner Rd. , so I was already very familiar with the work they do. I had been super pleased with all of the alterations I have had done over the years, so I thought I trusted them with my wedding dress. I was not disappointed! My dress was absolutely perfect when it was completed and was done with plenty of time to spare. I will definitely be going back there to have my dress preserved. Thank you, ladies!

Megan

Married on 11/11/2017

Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists did a great job getting my dress cleaned and pressed for my wedding day! They even repaired one of the buttons that was about to fall up. I highly recommend them for anything your gown may need!

Michelle

Married on 10/22/2017

Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists did a great job altering my wedding dress. I just can't say enough great things about this place! They are reasonably priced and perform quality work. My bustle was beautiful and everything was done in a timely manner!

N
Norma

Married on 08/25/2017

Back in 2000, I have Ms Julie Nagy make my wedding dress, and it was breath taking,I cried, cause she did exactly what I wanted on the dress, I was satisfying to have someone like her, she was very good at what she does, and also she did a few blouses and other dress for me, I was very Happy with her work, now we are in 2017, and we are the best of friends and better yet I see her as my sister, love her work and love her too, I would gladly recommend her to everyone, thank you so much Julie, N Robinson from Ft Lauderdale Florida.

H
Hannah

Married on 08/12/2017

I am so very impressed with the work that I had done at Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists. I called them a few months away from my wedding day and needed some last-minute alterations. I almost just let the dress be as it was, a little loosey-goosey, but I figured I would at least try to see if they could help me out. Marissa and Veronica were wonderful to work with and the seamstress had my dress perfectly fixed up in no time! I am so happy I decided to call and I was just thrilled they made my gown actually fit me for my big day.

I
Iris

Married on 07/29/2017

I decided to go to Five Star Wedding Gown to have my dress altered as well as clean and pressed. The price was reasonable and they had it all ready to go in a short amount of time. I was treated with the utmost respect and trusted them with my gown. I was super pleased with all of their services and I would recommend them to anyone!

Amy

Married on 07/29/2017

I used Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists to have my wedding gown altered for my wedding day. The train was too long. I ended wanting to shorten the sleeves. It also was a tad too big. They were able to do all of those things BEAUTIFULLY! The dress was just perfect and I could not be any happier. Thank you, ladies!

Brittany

Married on 07/14/2017

They made an alteration to my dress within a short deadline and it came out perfect!

Sarah

Married on 07/01/2017

I utilized Five Star Wedding Gown to alter my gown significantly before my wedding. The gown that I fell in love with was a tad too big and I did not want to look like I was swimming in the gown for my wedding day. The train was also a tad too long for my taste, so that needed some adjustments too. The dress came out PERFECTLY and fit like a glove for my wedding in June. I could not have been any happier with everything! Thank you ladies!

Ariel

Married on 06/18/2017

When I went to get my bridal portraits taken, I had no idea that my dress would get as dirty as it did. Instead of freaking out, I took it to Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists to get it cleaned and pressed before my wedding day. It didn’t take very long to get back to its beautiful original condition and it was back to being the most perfect gown for my big day. I will be back in the future!

Belinda

Married on 06/10/2017

Nearly all of my wedding party needed alterations for their gowns. I needed alterations as well and I was already planning on having it cleaned and pressed after my bridal portraits, since I took the photos outdoors in Gruene and knew it would be getting super dirty as a result. So my bridesmaids and I headed to Five Star Wedding Gown for Phase 1: alterations. The ladies there were so very helpful and made the entire process a breeze. Phase 1 was a success and we got our dresses back quickly and all were perfect. Phase 2: cleaning and pressing was definitely a necessity after getting my portraits done and took it in the very next day to have that done. Phase 2 was completed perfectly as well and my dress was good as gold when they were done. I am so very pleased with my experience with Five Star Wedding Gown that I will be going back to get my gown preserved as well for a Phase 3. Thank you so much, ladies!