Back to Forest Hill

Kerry Sarver

Getting married on 06/05/2020

Best Band Ever!

5 stars all around!

I heard of this group at my cousins wedding and after hearing them we had to use them for ours. We received so many compliments on the ceremony music and looking back, wish we had recorded it to listen back to.

The group even played our Father/Daughter song live which kicked off the reception with a bang.

It was such a special day to our families and the music was a huge part of it. We can't thank them enough for making our wedding such an incredible day.

Drew
Drew Howard

Married on 06/29/2019

Best wedding band we've seen - book them

Forrest Hill was everything we were hoping for in a wedding band. They are both professional and extremely musically talented. They had relatively few reviews when we booked, but all the reviews were so positive that we decided to pick them and we're very glad we did. They certainly outperformed other wedding bands we've seen in the area. On top of that, Mason was extremely easy to work with and was really flexible to all of our needs. He worked with our day-of coordinator to deal with all the details; we just had to fill out a questionnaire and tell him what kind of music we liked and he took care of the rest. Crowd was on the dance floor all night, and most guests told me how awesome the band was. I can't recommend these guys enough.

Danny M

Married on 06/08/2019

Forest Hill- Highlight of the Wedding

I can’t begin to say enough good things about Forest Hill. From initial contact, Mason was responsive, professional, and incredibly helpful. He was willing to work with us to craft the soundtrack to not only our reception, but our ceremony and cocktail hour as well. I’m so glad that we utilized every iteration of Forest Hill during our wedding.

We had Forest Hill’s Acoustic Duo before the ceremony. It provided an elegant ambiance that kicked off the evening. During dinner, a saxophone joined the duo to continue the great music. Mason was a professional Emcee throughout, keeping us on schedule and creating a natural flow to the events.

When the full band started, all of our guests were amazed at the talent and musicianship of the band. They executed flawlessly on great tunes, including 3 of our own choosing - which were spot on renditions. They read the room and adjusted timing and tempo in their song selection to keep the party running at 110%. Even the shyest guests would not leave the dance floor.

The day after our wedding, more guests contacted me to rave about the band than anything else. “That was an awesome wedding band” “Thank you all for deciding to get married at that awesome rock concert” “Those guys rocked” It was the lasting memory for myself, my friends, and my family.

I cannot recommend Forest Hill enough. However, be prepared to share a little of the limelight on your wedding day, because when they take the stage, your guests’ attention will not wander and they’ll end up dancing until the night ends.

Steph
David

Married on 05/11/2019

Exceptional

Not only did Forest Hill travel 7 hours to play at our wedding, they also playing for what seemed like 7 hours. Mason, Hunter, Gillespie, et al were professional and, more importantly, nailed it. 11/10 - would book them for any event that requires having fun.

McKenzie

Married on 04/27/2019

The Best Wedding Band Ever!

Forest Hill brought the house down. They delivered an unforgettable night for the wide range of guests that we had - from the musically inclined like my husband to the Top 40 lovers like myself. They really kept the vibe going all night and our guests are still raving over them. They put a unique flare on all the songs that made them perfect for a wedding reception. We also had a few special requests for our first dance and parents dances and their rendition of True Companion still gives me goosebumps. We also used them for our ceremony and cocktail hour music and they were perfect. The were extremely professional and Mason was so organized and detailed and that made everything day-of go exactly as planned with no worry.

A
Amy Thompson

Married on 11/10/2018

Jamming out

Mason was a great contact and very helpful and friendly dealing with all of my questions. The entire band was amazing and really worked the crowd and allowed us to jam out.

Drew

Married on 10/13/2018

These guys know what they are doing! True professionals.

It could not have been better! Forest Hill killed it all day/night. From assisting with ceremony sound to rocking into the night, all of our guests were singing their praises. They played our first dance and knocked it out of the park. During the night, I stopped for a moment to take in the scene and noticed the tables were empty because the dance floor was full. They made it a truly unforgettable time.

Kelly M

Married on 10/13/2018

Great music

The band was great! Our guests had a great time dancing and the band was really wonderful to work. They even played our first dance :) They were so professional to work with and put on an amazing show.

Oliver
Oliver Smith

Married on 10/06/2018

Dance floor was PACKED all night long!

We booked Forest Hill aka The Shack Band through EastCoast Entertainment for our October 6, 2018 wedding. Mason Owen was amazing to work with from our first conversation (about a year out) through to the day of our wedding. The band itself was AMAZING! We haven't stopped receiving compliments from our guests with how much fun they had on the dance floor and how impressive the band was! We had both a jazz trio for cocktail hour and a 6-piece band (Drums, Bass, Keys, Sax/Flute, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar/Mandolin) for our reception and both were phenomenal. They played the perfect mix of songs, and our dance floor was PACKED all night long. Can't recommend them enough!

Shari

Married on 10/06/2018

Super talented, professional, fun musicians who rocked our daughters wedding reception!

Forest Hill was so easy to work with & was able to provide beautiful music for our daughter’s wedding ceremony & truly made the reception an unforgettable evening for everyone! Would highly recommend this talented group of musicians!

Daniel Collins

Married on 09/01/2018

Look no further- this is your wedding band.

Here is the review I sent to the band directly. I cannot speak higher of their talent, flexibility, and performance.

Hello,

I am writing this because I wanted to give my thoughts as to the experience we had with the Forest Hill Band at our recent wedding on 9. 1 at Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens. I first off want to say a HUGE thank you to the band for being so flexible with everything. The weather sucked, but you guys put on one hell of a great show. I cannot thank you enough for your willingness to essentially take down all of your equipment and set it back up inside. I could not have been happier with the song selection and variety of music played. Having a live band was essential to me for our wedding, and we really scoured the internet until we found you all. You did NOT disappoint. The band was the highlight of everyone’s night and I think some may reach out to see if you can play some of their events. In the face of adversity you all pulled off a miracle and I wish you nothing but the best moving forward. I have gotten more compliments about you guys than any other aspect of our wedding. People are still texting me telling me how great you were.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you for making our big day the best ever. You guys kick ass and I hope to catch a Shack Band show the next time I am in the Richmond area. If you all ever travel out west I will be there in a heartbeat.

Steven

Married on 08/25/2018

We booked Forest Hill sight unseen, based on an online video, over a year before our wedding. Needless to say, my wife and I were a bit skeptical if we made the right decision, booking a band for our 160 person wedding without ever hearing the wedding band live. Every time we got nervous, we would set up a call with Mason to chat about the wedding and the song list and every time we got off the phone, we would say "Mason is great. They are going to be great!". Mason is top notch when it comes to customer service and was extremely accommodating throughout the entire process. He was a true pleasure to work with. As a Mumford and Sons fan, I really wanted a violinist to be incorporated into the band. When we expressed this to Mason, without hesitation he said no problem. He added their friend who plays the fiddle into their band and it was like he had been a part of the band for years.

2 weeks before the wedding, my wife asked Mason if they could learn one more song to surprise me, and they did it no questions asked... Fast forward to our wedding day and we are so happy we picked this band. We had their Trio play our ceremony and cocktail hour which was a great addition to the day. They set up the sound to work perfectly with our barn style venue and kept our guests on the dance floor the entire time. We even had some older guests who normally do not dance, but the band had everyone up on the floor throughout the night (even played an encore). A previous review said "Forest Hill Band is not your traditional wedding band" and that is a perfect way to describe them. They read the crowd, play songs that appeal to everyone and just have an amazing vibe. After the wedding, multiple guests asked for their information and said they have never heard a wedding band like them before. We strongly recommend booking this band for any event, you will not be sorry! Mason even joked with us to book them again for an anniversary party... And we are strongly considering it!

N
Nikki

Married on 05/27/2018

Forest Hill played our wedding on May 27, 2018. They did an amazing job! Leading up to the wedding, Mason was our point of contact. He was super responsive and went above and beyond to answer all of our questions and to make sure they were prepared to play our big day. On the day of the wedding, the band had to deal with a venue representative that was new and did not know what was going on, a venue security officer that was incredibly rude to the band and did not permit them to soundcheck, and a torrential downpour that caused rain to go all over their equipment because of a leaky roof and improperly installed gutter. Most bands would have packed up and left after all of that. But not Forest Hill. They displayed the utmost professionalism, treated the venue staff with respect, and performed an incredible electric first set. After the rain, they improvised and moved enough equipment inside in order to put on an acoustic second set inside. In addition to all of that, they are a wonderful band that is top-notch and had everyone on their feet dancing. My husband and I are very particular about music, as are all of the guests at the wedding, and everyone was raving about how this band was the BEST band they had ever seen perform at a wedding. That is no easy feat with our crowd. I cannot recommend Forest Hill enough.

C
Cindy

Married on 04/21/2018

This group is amazing! They played for a friend’s rehearsal dinner in Charlottesville and I asked them that night if they would come to Charlotte for our son’s rehearsal dinner. They are great musicians and very engaging with the crowd. They played acoustically for our cocktail hour and then cranked up their music with amplifiers for our welcome party. Definitely got the crowd dancing! Love that they are so flexible depending on the venue. Hope to hire these guys again!

David

Married on 10/14/2017

First of all, this is not your "traditional" wedding band. And that is a great compliment to Forrest Hill. This group is a cross between professional wedding band and a live concert by a seasoned touring act. These guys FAR exceeded my expectations. Music aside, their professionalism and responsiveness was impeccable. From the initial contact to the end of the night, they (Mason) was always in touch and available to discuss any and all questions. Whether it be email, phone call or text, Mason was there for me. The week leading up to the event Mason called in order to get all the details in place. They were willing to make set list adjustments and tailor the vibe to our specifications. During the event, the MC and running of the our wedding reception was top notch professional, but still loose and fun. I have nothing but good to say about their professionalism. Most wedding bands will learn a few songs for the event to make it special. In my case, I had a few songs I wanted to play on my own to make it extra special. Mason went out of his way and encouraged me to have my two songs be 2 of the 3 new songs that the band learns so they can back me up and I can play my songs with a full band. He urged me to go this route because he wanted it to be special for my now wife and the guests. So we did that and it was beyond amazing. The band made the songs come to life. Mason was right, it made the night extra special, people LOVED it. Now let me get to how well Forrest Hill is musically. Like I said previously, I would travel on a week night to go and see Forrest Hill play a live concert. These fellas are total pros. They have a really great and diverse catalogue of songs they brought to the night. Some of the songs they extended and jammed a little, it was beyond awesome. All components of Forrest Hill were dead on with their instrument. They sang with passion, hit all the right notes while also keeping it loose and fun. BOOK THESE GUYS (period).

Seth

Married on 10/07/2017

Forest Hill was not only professional and accommodating, they were the best wedding band I could have asked for! They worked with us to learn our first dance songs, and to cultivate a playlist that would keep our guests dancing and entertained. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to have a real good time!

Kelsie

Married on 09/23/2017

Forest Hill was the perfect band for our wedding reception! They are very professional, responsive, flexible to my requests and answered any question that I had. They perfectly played to the crowd and kept the energy up all night long. They even played an encore song for us, it was amazing! I HIGHLY recommend Forest HIll for any event you are considering to have a band. They played well known songs with their own, funky twist which made it a lot of fun. I would choose this band over and over again, they are one of a kind!

Dana

Married on 09/16/2017

We would give Forest Hill way more than 5 stars if it was possible! From the very first moment we got in touch with Mason until even after our wedding day, they made the entire experience so enjoyable. Mason made himself extremely available for us to bounce ideas off of, answer questions, and hear our vision. The band was timely, professional, TALENTED, and so extremely fun the day of the wedding. We have gotten nonstop calls, emails, texts, etc after the wedding with all of our friends raving about the band. All night people were coming up to us saying "omg where did you find these guys, they're awesome! " We really can't say enough good things about Forest Hill, our wedding would not have been nearly as amazing without them! Plus as an added bonus, if you're a jam band phan like us, they happen to know plenty of good tunes :)

J
Jennifer

Married on 08/05/2017

If you want a wedding band that includes amazing musicians, Forest Hill band is the best! I really wanted a wedding band that didn't necessarily feel like an ordinary wedding band. They are not only super talented, but also really nice people. This band creates a welcoming, fun, laid back, and celebratory vibe. I really can't say enough positive things about Forest Hill band!

Matthew

Married on 09/04/2016

These guys were incredible. They came down to our beach wedding after Hurricane Hermine without complaining. They put on an awesome show and were the talk of the wedding. I have several other friends getting married that are already asking to book them. I couldn't have been happier with their performance.

Derek

Married on 09/03/2016

We used Forest Hill for our ceremony and cocktail hour and they killed it! Such a great addition to our wedding!

Kelly

Married on 08/13/2016

The Forest Hill Trio was amazing from start to finish! They were very responsive and flexible when I needed them and made me feel confident and comfortable during the planning process. I never had to worry! We used them for the ceremony and cocktail hour which was the best decision ever. They played spiritual instrumentals that sounded really great! I didn't get a chance to hear them at the cocktail hour but all of my guests really enjoyed them. I highly recommend them for any bride and groom looking for a fun, talented, and easy to work with crew! Thanks for being a part of our special day!

Michael

Married on 07/16/2016

Forest Hill was everything that we could have ever hoped for in our wedding band. They were extremely easy to work with, and the show that they put on on our wedding night was absolutely incredible. They were lively, fun, and also worked with us throughout the entire process to play a setlist catered to both of our musical tastes. We had multiple guests approach us throughout the night either to say how awesome they were or just to ask for their name so that they could try to find other shows of theirs to go to. We both would highly recommend them!

J
James

Married on 05/06/2017

When I first became enganaged, one of the very first things that my now wife and I discussed was who to have play at our reception. I remember mulling out a few ideas and even contacting a few bands early on and couldn't make the decision, as something didn't seem right. We knew what we wanted, but we also knew we wanted a band that was flexible enough to take a stab at our first dance. So when we first saw what the Shack Band guys were up to with Forest Hill, the decision was clear. It was comforting knowing that Mason knew that we wanted a show of a lifetime. They didn't disappoint, anyone.. They showed up to the venue, set up lights and all of there equipment while my wife and I became married. What separates this band from any other band I've booked in the past, is that we didn't even have one worry. On such an important day with all of the excitement, we knew that they would take care of the music in the most professional way. The song selection was incredible. As a performer myself, I know that being able to read the crowd is what separates the band from the rest, they do it better than anyone else in town. They followed up a great song with an even better song, making it hard to want to stop dancing. I am still getting texts about how amazing the band was, even ones who had seen them perform before saying that it was the best band that they had seen at a wedding. These guys have been playing music together longer than I can remember, which is impressive to see nowadays. I recommend this band to anyone seeking professionalism, talent and a downright shag fest at their big day. Cheers!