Back to Forrest Hills Mountain Resort

S
Featured
Sarah Abney

Married on 05/18/2019

Amazing place with the most wonderful people!!

This place was everything we were looking for and so much more! Levi was a dream to work with and extreamly knowledgeable about everything. My Husband and I had a hundred questions, changed our preferences a couple of times and ended up with a wedding/reception even more beautiful and magical then we ever dreamed of. We live 6 hours away from Dahlonega, GA so everything was done by phone and email and Levi stayed on top of everything from day one. Some people thought I was crazy to choose a place so far away where I couldn't be more hands on. Levi was so open and accommodating through the whole process that I felt very comfortable and extreamly happy to be working with him. We went with the Secret Garden package which was perfect for our needs, budget and family size. The reception hall was decorated better than I ever could have imagined and the food was so delicious. We also took advantage for Forrest Hills week long promotion and Honeymooned in their Cupids Hideout cabin for a week. Everyone at Forrest Hills was amazing and friendly! The staff was very knowledgeable about the area and had lots of ideas on things for us to do. Every morning we got an amazing breakfast that overlooked the spot where we got married which just made our stay even better! I highly recommend Forrest Hills Resort as a wedding venue, Honeymoon destination or just for a quite place to get away from it all and relax. We will definalty be coming back to visit in the future!

Erica
Erica De La Torre

Getting married on 04/02/2020

Best Wedding Spot EVER!!

Our dream wedding came true at Forrest Hills Resort thanks to our wonderful and outstanding easy going wedding coordinator Levi Hansard who ensured every step of the way that every detail was perfect. What an amazing experience at this perfect romantic yet family oriented spot. We did not endure any stress on our big day thanks to all the hard work Levi and all the wonderful staff at Forrest Hill Resort provided. Their level of service is amazing, they all make you feel at home and very comfortable. Thank you all at Forrest Hills for building our wonderful memory of a lifetime which will forever cherish. We will definitely return next year to celebrate our one year anniversary.

D
Darlene Brown

Getting married on 01/04/2020

"Best wedding ever!" - every single guest

The staff at Forrest Hills is superior. Every single person from Reggie, the chef, to Levi, the wedding manager, was incredible. Accommodating doesn't even begin to cover it and I cannot recommend this venue enough. My guests have been raving about the venue since they got there and most claim it to be the best wedding they have ever attended. The lodges are great and being able to spend time together in the common rooms is awesome.
Levi is quite honestly the best wedding coordinator I have ever worked with. He is probably the single most reason the wedding went off without a hitch. Many thanks to him and the staff at FHR.

Millie
Millie Wells

Married on 08/31/2019

The Perfect Day!

Levi made the day! I didn’t have to be concerned with any of the major details because he handled everything and assured me it was going to be perfect! It was actually more than perfect! We were able to incorporate our fun and spunky ideas and had so much fun!

Drew
Drew Miller

Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing Value and Experience

Forrest Hills was all we could ask for and more. It was an exceptional value and created the perfect, intimate wedding we were looking for. Levi was great!

Kory
Kory

Married on 06/15/2019

Beyond perfect!

Levi is absolutely amazing. He exceeded my expectations helping me pull all the details together for the wedding. I always felt like I could go to him when I was struggling and he always replied in a very timely manner. The ceremony and reception sites were absolutely beautiful. The wait staff at the reception were incredibly kind and attentive. We had lots of family stay at the resort and they loved it as well. I couldn't have picked a better place to get married.

Samantha
Samantha Tinsley

Married on 05/25/2019

Perfect Wedding

We had our wedding here on May 25th, 2019. This venue is beautiful! Levi, the Director of Events, was very helpful and prompt in answering all questions that we had (either in person, over phone, or over email). We loved that this venue was all inclusive, as I did not want to spend loads of time planning the wedding and finding a lot of vendors. If you are looking for an all inclusive, beautiful, laid back wedding venue - this is it!

W
Wendy Goldstein

Married on 05/18/2019

Forrest Hills

Amazing weekend thanks to the staff. Very friendly and professional. Would highly recommend to anyone considering a wedding Georgia or destination. They were amazing!

Kelly
Kelly

Married on 04/27/2019

Wedding experience

I recently had my wedding ceremony and receptionation at Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center. It was very convenient to have the ceremony and reception venues together on the same property. It was also convenient to have packages to choose from. This made wedding planning much easier. In addition, the packages are very well-priced. Thanks to our wedding coordinator, Levi, everything ran smoothly leading up to the wedding and the day-of. I would highly recommend this venue.

C
Charlotte Hayes

Married on 04/20/2019

Absolutely great experience.

Definitely recommend Forrest Hills. My granddaughter's wedding this past weekend was supposed to be an outdoor wedding but it rained all day and they did everything possible until the last minute to accommodate her wishes for outside. We ended up moving it indoors to the reception room which was beautiful. Levi, the wedding coordinator, was awesome and did a beautiful job decorating and working with us throughout the entire process. The whole staff was very courteous and helpful. It was definitely a great experience and recommended to anyone planning a wedding.

A
Ansley Wright

Married on 04/20/2019

Levi was amazing!

Levi made my day beautiful. He was always there to answer my questions and help when needed. His taste and style is impeccable. If I had to get married again I would use him over and over! He fixed ALL of my wedding day crisis. I could NOT have done it without him. Levi, you rock! Thank you for everything.

P
Paul Price

Married on 03/31/2019

They delivered an amazing wedding weekend

Levi and the entire staff at Forrest Hills Resort were amazing! We extended our son's wedding into an entire family reunion weekend (Friday to Monday), housing everyone in 2 of the resort's lodges, which included common areas where the family could gather, eat and party. Sunday night's wedding went off flawlessly despite the fact that an extra 12 people showed up unexpectedly - Levi was un-flustered and dealt with that and any other issues that came up personally, going way beyond the call of duty. His careful attention to detail, friendliness and availability to us during the planning stages helped pull off a beautiful and memorable weekend for everyone. I would HIGHLY recommend Levi and Forrest Hills Resort for your wedding.

Brenda

Married on 03/31/2019

Brenda Roberts

This venue was the best! They made the wedding experience as stress-free as possible! Absolutely beautiful scenery and service!

P
Patricia Redfern

Married on 03/16/2019

The Perfect Day!

Everything about our experience at Forrest Hills, from our initial meeting with the wedding coordinator, Levi, to the big day was amazing! We fell in love with the scenery immediately, and after meeting with Levi we knew this was where we were meant to get married. We went into this kind of knowing what we wanted, but not really knowing where to start. Levi was so easy to work with, so welcoming, very responsive, and knew exactly how to guide us through the entire process so we ended up with exactly what we wanted.

After a beautiful ceremony, we had an awesome reception, with friendly and attentive staff, fantastic food, and delicious cake. The cake artist who works with Forrest Hills, Donna, was also amazing. She brought our cake ideas to life and we ended up with our visions on a plate, and every guest commented on how tasty they were, and the cakes really were yummy!

Thank you Levi and Forrest Hills! You made our wedding perfect!

Forrest Hills Mountain Resort's reply:

Tricia & Matt aka "Groomzilla"

My world is brighter and more beautiful because of couples like you. :) I am honored you chose Forrest Hills Resort as your wedding destination.

Best,

Levi H. Hansard
Director of Events
Forrest Hills Resort
706-864-6456

Jordan Sherrill

Married on 02/16/2019

Sherrill Wedding 2019

Our wedding was everything we dreamed of! Levi Hansard by far net all our needs and then some!

BRITTANY

Married on 12/12/2018

Private cabin King with Jacuzzi... We could not have made a better choice! My boyfriend and I have an unfortunate long distance relationships so our vacations together are very important. Lts very hard when everything doesnt go perfectly. Our vacation at Forrest Hills was far beyond what we could have even dreamed of! Super private, wonderful view off the back porch in the mountains, had everything you need for an extended stay, the staff was almost too nice haha, very informative and helpful. It was very obvious they took pride in their resort! We even decided to take a horeback ride they day we were supposed to check out so they moved our time up so that we could enjoy the ride worry free! And oh my gosh was it a MUST! Im an experienced rider but my boyfriend is NOT. It was still beyond fun riding my gorgeous gal Starbright while he had her sister Starlight and they did fantastic! His horse easily followed mine and mine followed the guides but allowed me to guide and trot her how I would with my own horses. We will most definitely be holding our wedding here!

Brandie Brown

Married on 11/03/2018

Perfect Day

Everything was wonderful. The food was so good! Every staff member was attentive, but Levi Hansard went out of his way to make the day perfect!

Joshua
Joshua Farnum

Married on 10/06/2018

Small wedding with big care

Can’t say enough about our coordinator Levi. Hey kept everything on track during the planning and kept track of every detail. During the days leading up to and during he was attentive and fun and friendly. He was right there when we needed anything. Everything was so stress free and fun and we were able to enjoy the day. The floral woman they work with was great too.
OA you cannot beat what you get for the money for food, cake, flowers, pictures, officiant, wedding site and reception at this location. It is a hidden gem that I doubt stays hidden long. I don’t remember the exact cost but it was under 5k for everything including our honeymoon cabin - which was AMAZING - all the above and breakfast for all 25 guests. They best was that it felt like family there. Thank you to Levi and the entire staff from him to the front office to the wait staff. Only wish we had planned to stay longer.P.s. That’s Levi helping my bride with her train after the ceremony. Always on point!

K
Kendall

Married on 09/21/2018

Forrest Hills offered the best combination of ceremony areas, full service reception, and places for guests to stay. It was affordable, a great value and the food was amazing and endless. We highly recommend that anyone looking for a venue consider how many "extras" everywhere else were included in the Rose Garden package. We particularly enjoyed the Deer Trail lodge as a place for family to stay & gather. Plenty of room to handle the rehearsal dinner for 40+ and outside vendors for this part were no problem. Garden wedding meant staff was out in force planting new flowers, spraying for bugs, setting up chairs and freshly mowing & blowing on the day of the wedding. Hands on from owners meant every detail was covered with care. No pictures yet but will share once they are in.

Danielle
Danielle

Married on 08/03/2018

New event manager made tremendous improvements

Wow! Levi and Ginger came into Forrest Hills about 7/8 of the way through my wedding planning but they made a world of difference. Levi and ginger have made so many modern updates, renovations, decorations, etc. Its just amazing. My mind was blown at how beautiful my pictures were. I loved the uniqueness of getting ready in a cabin and being in the woods all weekend made it such a peaceful, surreal experience. I wouldn't trade my wedding day or the coordinators for anything!

Forrest Hills Mountain Resort's reply:

Thank you so much Danielle! We enjoyed hosting your wedding and you were such a beautiful bride. We hope you come back for many Anniversaries to come.

Jessica

Married on 04/23/2017

If less people show up, because of weather customers should get some money back.

That's what happened at my Wedding, people didn't want to travel because of bad weather

V
victoria

Married on 04/12/2017

Everything went perfectly! The planning, the wedding, the provided photographer, (when paid for) stylist were both amazing as well as the friendly staff! Beautiful venue.

James

Married on 04/01/2017

If you want a small, simple wedding in an outdoor setting, Forrest Hills was great and the reception food was very good.

C
Carol

Married on 09/10/2016

My Daughter and Son in law where married here on 9-10-16. We arrived on Friday 9-9-16 we where greeted at the front desk by the friendliest people. I checked in for the Deer Trail Lodge , Plus two other cabins we rented it was a fast check in. We had the rehearsal that evening at 5 and then the rehearsal dinner was catered back at our lodge. The food as great every thing we needed for a great evening the bridesmaids and groomsmen enjoyed hanging out playing corn hole on the porch. While the grandparents enjoyed the hot tub on the back deck a great evening was had by all.
The day of the wedding the girls headed to the salon where Jolie's day spa was there to take care of hair and make up. They sent over two amazing ladies and they did a great job!
The maintenance crew took care of seating up the Gazebo area checked with me to make sure we where happy with set up and did not need any thing else, when we ask for a table for the guest book it was there in a matter of minutes.
The Food was Amazing Traci made sure we where taken care of all weekend from the reception to the breakfast that came with our lodge, She made sure we got appetizers when we came in from photos since we missed that part of the reception, she definitely is worth her wait in gold. Even coming to our Lodge to pick up the grooms cake.
We also used there Dj Dominick from Pirone entertainment he was great played all our requested songs keep the party on the time line every one had such a great time.
We also had our wedding cake from there vender Cakes by Donna- Amazing every one is talking about the cake it was amazing!
Michelle the owner and Donna the Wedding Coordinator made sure we where taken care of they checked in own us to make sure we had every thing we needed and made sure my daughters weeding was perfect, even down to the horse drawn carriage entrance was timed perfectly.
Forrest hills is a great place to work with and I would use them for my next daughters wedding.

M
Megan

Married on 07/23/2016

My husband and I got married at Forrest Hills last weekend. Michelle (the owner) and her staff were amazing. We arrived a few days early and were instantly greeted by the friendly front desk staff. They made sure that we had everything that we needed and that everything was ready for all of our incoming guests. The night of the rehearsal it started to rain. All of the staff quickly organized us inside of the chapel so that we could have the rehearsal as planned. Once the weather let up, we then did the rehearsal outside, so that everything would go smoothly the next day. We were scheduled to do the wagon BBQ, but had to go to plan B because of the weather. Again the staff quickly set up the back up plan and we had a wonderful dinner with our guests. The food was fantastic and everyone loved the live music. The wedding the following day was scheduled to be outdoors, however, mother nature again had her own plans. We had a beautiful ceremony in the chapel and were able to go outside to take some pictures afterwards. The reception was in the Rose Garden Ballroom and was perfect. The food was amazing, and the wait staff were so accommodating. Traci made sure to save us some apps since we missed them for pictures. She then made sure that we had everything we needed and checked in with us periodically. The entire wedding weekend was more than I could ever imagine. All of the vendors that Forrest Hills recommended were wonderful and I couldn't ask for a more perfect wedding. Our guests all said that it was the best wedding they had ever been to. I can not thank the staff at Forrest Hills enough for the wonderful experience we had there.
A special thank you to the vendors that Forrest Hills recommended as well:
Donna Cauller- Wedding cake and a grooms cake
Lauren's Floral- Flowers
Les Hanna- Photography
Jolie Day Spa- Hair/Makeup onsite
Gold City Corral- Rehearsal Dinner BBQ
Reggie- Chef for reception
Patricia Burgess- Officiant
Forrest Hills Staff- Wonderful!