Back to Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa

Justine
Featured
Justine Sargent

Married on 12/08/2018

Events team was wonderful!!!

Caitlyn, who worked with me when first booking our wedding was so kind and helpful! She was quick to respond to emails and calls and was great to work with! Veronika worked with me the rest of the time planning the details of the wedding/reception dinner was wonderful from start to finish. She was so helpful and responsive in planning the wedding, which was great since it was a destination wedding, and everything had to be planned from across the country. She was also so helpful and calming the day of the ceremony and guided us through every detail making it the stress free day I dreamed of!

L
Laurie

Married on 11/18/2017

Janae and Laura were wonderful to us from the start. The hotel is beautiful and well kept. All the staff we encountered on our stay and visits for wedding prep were absolutely wonderful. We chose to get married on the beach and then use the upper deck for our reception. We had a great backup plan and even though it rained for a few minutes after the ceremony, Janae, who is the event manager, and her crew were ready to move to the backup location if needed but we declined and the rain went away in a few minutes and the evening was great. I can not express how happy I am that we made the choice to use this venue it was amazing and no regrets at all.

Amber

Married on 07/21/2017

Amazing wedding experience! Guests couldn’t have said enough nice things! Outstanding quality of food! Service overall greatly exceeded my expectations.

User5422485

2+ years ago

We are so happy with our decision to have our destination wedding at the Marriott in Pompano Beach. We had been to the property 3 times prior and were in love. We worked with Laura and Janae throughout the wedding planning process. Everything went very smoothly. The vendors we chose were familiar with the venue and Laura and Janae were super helpful. Due to rain, we pushed back the ceremony 1 hour. Laura and Janae helped us re-schedule photograpahers, florists, lighting specialists, etc in the stressful hours we had making the decision to push it back. I felt relaxed on our wedding day and had a blast. The bridal suite was amazing and great for pictures. The property is gorgeous and the pool/bar service is great. All of our guests came from out of time (including us) and were sooooo impressed and in love with the property! We had an awesome time! Only 1 small blunder we ran into, we requested Coors Light for the reception and they did not have it. They kept the Miller Lite which is their regular light beer in the package. Thank you Marriott for making our day absolutely wonderful!

C
Cheryl

Married on 02/18/2017

The staff was very friendly and attentive before, during, and after the wedding and reception. Laura D. , the event planner, performed over and above her duties, from answering our many questions in a timely manner to assisting during the rehearsal. I would highly recommend the venue and Laura.

Allegra

Married on 12/17/2016

I cannot tell you how incredible the Marriott Pompano Beach and Laura, the wedding coordinator, are! I had my wedding here a little over two weeks ago, and I could be any happier with this decision!

From the first email I sent Laura she was incredible! Laura is always prompt to respond to emails, answer questions, provide advice/support and help make decisions on the big day. After our food tasting, my husband wanted to try the other red meats offered before making a selection. Within a week or two Laura had us back to the hotel for a SECOND food tasting! We cannot thank her or Chef Eric for doing this!

Everyone who attended our wedding loved the food! I actually stayed at the hotel the entire week leading up to the wedding. Every meal I had, whether room service, breakfast, lunch, or dinner was absolutely delicious! Our guests had a choice of filet, salmon or chicken and everyone left happy!

The day of the wedding went very smoothly, largely in part to Laura and Angelica. The bridal suite was perfect for getting ready and had a gorgeous view of the ocean! The hotel staff was in our room promptly in the morning to clean up and even bring us extra tables for hair and make-up and food. We had our ceremony on the outdoor terrace and although it was a little windy, Laura and her team made sure everything was set up perfectly. Laura and Angelica were by my side until the moment I walked down the aisle. Our cocktail hour was on the south lawn and absolutely stunning! We had an open bar and five passed appetizers, all widely enjoyed by guests. The reception was simply perfect and beautiful. Laura made sure all my extras made it to the ballroom and that they were delivered back to my room at the end of the night. Overall, I cannot thank Laura and Angelica for making my wedding day so special! I am so happy I chose this venue and wish I could re-live the night over and over!

E
Emily

Married on 10/01/2016

Words cannot express how happy we were with the Marriott for our wedding reception and wedding weekend accommodations! I contacted them 6 weeks before our wedding date and Laura worked with me to get it all together in time :) Our guests are still talking about how wonderful the wedding was and so many of our out of town guests enjoyed their stay for the weekend. The room views are absolutely spectacular. The wedding suite we had was beautiful and a picture perfect place for the bridal party to get ready. The room service was excellent. The concierge, valet, and front desk staff were all incredibly polite, professional, and prompt. Then last but not least, the food was amazing! Our guests had options of a plated beef, mahi, or chicken dish along with 5 passed appetizers, a signature cocktail, 4 hours of open bar, and a wedding cake provided by a baker partnered with the Marriott hotel. We also added a chocolate fountain and had gold chivari chairs. Total guests 85 people including us. To have a wedding on the ocean, with top notch food, service, and excellent accommodations, this place cannot be beat!

N
Nicole

Married on 04/23/2016

We were so lucky to have found the Marriott as the venue for our wedding weekend. Laura and Emily were absolutely outstanding to work with. The were patient, professional, and accommodated all my requests. The hotel is a perfect gem and the staff, including the banquet team Cristian and Angelica and everyone else, went out of their way to make us feel special and accommodate all our requests. The food was incredible and our guests could not stop raving about everything. It was the most spectacular day/weekend ever!

T
Tiffany

Married on 12/05/2015

I can't say enough great things about the Pompano Beach Marriott for a wedding reception. Laura, the wedding coordinator, was absolutely fantastic in helping me plan out the perfect day.

And even though we weren't able to use the beautiful ocean-side terrace for our cocktail hour, because of the bad weather, the alternate venue inside was just as beautiful.

Everyone told me how much they loved the food, as well. Which may not sound like much, but when you have 100 hungry Italians coming to a wedding, you want to serve them the absolute best: and the Pompano Marriott absolutely delivered!

A really nice addition is the coffee/espresso cart! It created any kind of coffee made to order, and it was a HUGE hit at my wedding.

The reception, in large part, was thanks to my coordinator, Laura. Thanks to her, I really didn't have to worry about anything the night of the reception; she handled everything, even making sure to deliver all of my reception extras up to my hotel room. There was no running around, no panicking: so I got to spend my wedding day calm and absolutely happy.

But even during the planning process, she was willing to work with me on everything. If I didn't like something, she went out of her way to make sure I got exactly what I wanted the day of the wedding. Whenever I was overwhelmed or had questions, she took the time to explain everything fully. Wedding planning isn't easy, but she certainly made it easier.

My only regret is that I can't go back and re-live my entire reception over again! I highly recommend the Marriott, and especially Laura, who was a fantastic coordinator!

W
Wei-Lik & Aubrey

Married on 10/17/2015

We couldn't have been happier with our venue. We had our wedding on the beach, cocktail hour on the south lawn and reception in the ballroom. We knew we wanted a beach wedding and searched many hotels from Sunny Isles to Singer Island before deciding on the Marriott. We worked with Laura from the beginning to the end and she made sure all of the details of the day were taken care of. She was very responsive in answering a million questions.

I was initially thinking of getting a day of wedding planner to assist with the coordination of all of the activities that were going on that day. After talking to some other vendors, I was told I would not need one and not to waste my money as Laura and Alexis were on the ball. They were all correct and I was very glad I didn't get a day of coordinator.

stacey

Married on 12/30/2014

My husband and I wanted a beach ceremony and outdoor reception and this venue was perfect!

Susan

Married on 12/13/2014

Laura and Angelica were amazing! Laura made everything at my daughters wedding go smoothly. She calmed me down when there was a change of venues 10 weeks before the wedding. The Marriott came through with flying colors! Tha wait staff was incredible. Angelica went far above and beyond her responsibilities. Thank-you for making my daughters wedding so special!

User4413343

2+ years ago

The Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa was the venue for my wedding on 11/15/2014. The initial plans were made by Alexis Wells. Laura Damaschin took over the final planning and oversight of the wedding while Alexis was on leave. Both did a fantastic job! They were very flexible in making the changes I requested to customize my wedding. All of the details were handled as planned and the staff supporting the wedding was excellent. The food was excellent for the rehearsal dinner, cocktail hour and reception. Laura was amazing at handling the guests to make sure everyone was directed to the right places and made sure my bridal party and I were on schedule for the wedding. She took care of every detail and her oversight of the wedding was exceptional. Angelica who works these events was the person who supported me personally from the ceremony through the reception. I felt so pampered and supported. No one could have done a better job of taking care of me and all of my needs on that day. I highly recommend this beautiful venue where you can have your wedding inside or have your wedding on the outside terrace or on the beach to take advantage of the beautiful beach/ocean view in South Florida with a backup option of holding the wedding inside.

J
Jenell

Married on 10/26/2013

My husband and I booked this hotel for our wedding before it was even completed being constructed. From the very beginning, Susan Aichelle, who we originally dealt with for the planning was wonderful! She kept us up to daye on the construction and sending us pictures and renderings. After the hotel opened Alexis Wells took over our wedding. Alexis is a true professional, and really helped us plan a ceremony and wedding of our dreams! She was always aware of every detail, and basically provided the service of a wedding planner on our wedding day, helping set up and making sure everything was running smoothly. Alexis was also present at out rehearsal the night before and was very helpful. Everyone at the hotel was very helpful and all our guests enjoyed their stay! Alexis really went above an beyond and made our day extra special! I would absolutely recommend this hotel based on my experience! Also the food was fantastic!

User4996842

2+ years ago

We love this hotel! We have stayed here since they opened, and knew this was where we wanted to get married! Our ceremony was on the upper terrace level overlooking the ocean, and no sand in the toes lol! Followed by our cocktail hour a few steps down, and the reception on the south lawn with plenty of room for dancing. The food was fabulous and the wait staff were wonderful! Angelica was all about us, making sure everything was perfect! Had a few issues with room mix ups, but the reception desk were so kind to give us the Presidential suite for our wedding night to compensate for the mix ups. We highly recommend this hotel for your wedding, and if you are doing a first look with your photographer take a quick drive to the Lighthouse for some beautiful pictures! Thank you Laura, and all at Marriott for making our day so perfect!

L
Lyndra

Married on 04/28/2017

Super pleasant. Friendly. Accessible, which was so important planning a destination wedding. Easy to work with and very flexible. Would absolutely recommend them again and again!
If you could work with Laura and Janae, you won't be sorry!

T
Trisha

Married on 12/10/2016

Overall I would recommend having a wedding here. We had some hiccups where some fine details were a bit hazy but after talking to the manager everything went off without a hitch. Our wedding was supposed to be outside but the weather was terrible and they were able to move things inside very nicely. The staff there was amazingly responsive even at 2 AM after the wedding was over! The guests all loved the food.

Ashley

Married on 12/02/2017

4.3

My wedding was on December 2, 2017, and I selected the Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa a little over a year ago as my venue for my special day. From the beginning they did not thing but help me and answer every question I had. I currently live in St. Petersburg, FL even though I grew up in the Pompano Beach area, so I basically was planning a destination wedding. Janae was incredible and always made herself flexible to my schedule for when I would be in town. The planning process was seemless, and she always made me feel confident in our decisions. The only struggle we ever had was with booking the rooms/check in and it was just an honest misunderstanding. Thank you so much to Janae and her team of all-stars who made my wedding day the best ever!

shauna

Married on 10/21/2017

I had my wedding at the Marriott the weekend of October 21st 2017. Everything turned out beautifully and I was very happy with the services we received throughout the weekend. The only complaint I have was regarding photography. Alfredo Valentine is a photographer on the Marriott's vendor list and was recommended as a top photographer. Unfortunately, we are extremely upset and disappointed about the way our pictures turned out. The day of the wedding, Alfredo was unprofessional, unorganized and lacked much creativity. The majority of the pictures came out blurry, most people's eyes were closed, and there were no standard shots taken (i.e. , mother of the bride and bride, bride, groom and daughter, the bride and grooms first kiss as a married couple etc). These are standard photos that wedding photographers take without being asked. We did not have a list of poses, which I would have created if I wanted specific/extra poses. We felt very rushed during formal pictures. We reached out to Alfredo to express our disappointment and asked if he would consider a partial refund- he will not. In his response, he made many excuses and also tried to blame my bridesmaids for why things happened the way they did. He missed the entire point of our e-mail. Yes, there were missed shots, but the ones he did take were not professional by any means and as a photographer with the 9 years experience as he states, his results should have been magazine quality.

User6057326

3.2

The venue was spectacular.
The food was spectacular.
The rooms and services the day of the wedding were EXCELLENT.

However, the planning process was quite difficult. It was near impossible to get the time of day we wanted, the room we wanted, and to get consistent feedback. We went through 2x wedding planners because the original one left, without notice--the phone line and emails just never went through, and then we had a 2nd one who eventually we found. We had some trouble with the contract and getting it to be accurate to our wants/needs.

With all said and done we are very happy with the hotel; but displeased with the planning process. The hotel came off as very greedy and would not inform us if there was a "meeting" in our wedding room until 2 weeks before the wedding--this meant we DID NOT KNOW the time of the wedding, cocktail hour, or reception until this time.