Back to Gilbertsville Farmhouse

38 Reviews for Gilbertsville Farmhouse

kim beckett

Getting married on 08/01/2020

Amazing and Magical

Sharon and her team were so warm and professional. We knew within 20 minutes it was the place for our dream wedding

Elizabeth
Elizabeth

Married on 06/29/2019

The perfect barn venue

This venue is absolutely gorgeous! We had so many compliments on our choice. The staff were all wonderful, helping out in any and all ways possible, getting everyone where they needed to be, delivering appetizers and alcohol to the wedding party while we took pictures after the ceremony.

Cragan

Married on 05/11/2019

Dreamiest Venue

We feel so lucky to be among the couples married at Gilbertsville Farmhouse! As we toured the venue, it was love at first sight. From the scenic views, to the beautifully restored milking parlor & barn, down to the impeccably designed farmhouse & glamping tents. Everything about this venue had us and our guests enamored. Being able to share the property with our bridal party all weekend only added to the magic. Not to mention, there’s a hammock park, fire pits, and goat yoga to be enjoyed! The owners and staff of Gilbertsville Farmhouse were a delight to work with as well. They were helpful and attentive, making sure we were worry-free. It is easy to tell they’ve put a lot of heart into creating this unique wedding experience. With that being said, Gilbertsville Farmhouse will always have a special place in ours!

N
Niki Caliguire

Married on 10/20/2018

What a Wonderful Wedding!

From the very beginning, Sharon and her family were a dream to work with. We booked them sight unseen, and ended up going with mostly vendors off of their recommended list.

Everything leading up to our wedding weekend was perfect - she answered all our questions, helped us schedule a visit, and was incredibly responsive to any additional concerns we had as the date got closer.

Our wedding weekend was exactly what we had hoped it would be, and that wouldn't have been the case without Sharon, her family and her amazing team. If you're looking to get married in central New York at a rustic venue with sleeping onsite, you would be remiss not to go with Gilbertsville Farmhouse.

Jay

Married on 10/13/2018

Dream come true!!!

Words can’t describe our experience with Gilbertsville Farmhouse. Our friends and family were stunned, and we were ecstatic the entire time. We heard the words “best wedding ever” at least 20 times, and it was the truth. From start to finish, the staff here had our best interest in mind. Katie took the lead on our weekend, and she is a ROCKSTAR. She stayed cool, calm and collected, and met our every need. That type of presence is necessary on a day like that. The glamping site left our guests in awe, and the venue itself speaks for itself. 30 degree temperatures and pouring rain couldn’t even stop this weekend from being TOTALLY PERFECT! We Love you guys!

Abbey
Abbey Hernandez

Married on 09/22/2018

Best Barn Venue!

If you are looking for a chic rustic barn wedding WEEKEND with the best caretakers and venue coordinators around then STOP LOOKING! Gilbertsville farmhouse is the place for you. Not only do you get the best wedding day you’ve ever dreamed of but you also get an entire WEEKEND with your family and closest friends to prepare for and unwind from the BEST WEDDING EVER. The grounds are IMMACULATE. From a lake, to the view, to the milking parlor, the barn to the additional perks including FARMHOUSE for your family to stay the weekend, GLAMPING TENTS for your friends or bridal party to stay, HAMMOCK PARK, etc! This place is the place that DOESNT STOP GIVING! We married here September 2018 and we still can’t stop talking about it and hearing about it from our guests. This was unlike any other wedding we had EVER EXPERIENCED

Edith

Married on 09/22/2018

Dream Wedding Come True!

Where to even begin? I pulled the trigger on booking this venue without even seeing it in person, due to living in San Diego and needing our wedding to be in Upstate NY. We wanted to move quickly, and after researching a lot of venues in the nearby areas, Gilbertsville really stood out. They offered a lot of what we needed (the ability to house guests from out of town & family, outdoor option for the ceremony, full weekend festivities) at a pretty reasonable cost after doing the price comparisons. When I called and talked to Sharon for the first time, she let me know that only one date was still available that year and it just happened to be exactly the weekend we had been hoping for in the fall. It felt like serendipity and Sharon made me feel really good about pulling the trigger sight unseen.

When I was finally able to see the venue, many months afterwards, I was blown away. They say that the venue is more beautiful in person than in all the gorgeous photos and it's really true! I felt ecstatic over our decision and was immediately able to imagine my dream wedding in that space.

The weekend itself was like a fairytale dream come true. Sharon and her family made my friends and family feel so welcome. They really know what they are doing too. I was worried about all the little things, but they have an answer and a solution to everything. We were able to add our own touches to the wedding and the venue and they were open about everything. On the day of the wedding they had everyone hard at work helping set up and get everyone around. It ran like a well oiled machine despite all the personal touches we added. And I have to give a huge shout out to Katie, Sharon's right hand, who worked nonstop all weekend fulfilling all of our desires. She was somehow both very present and also very much behind the scenes. Her presence made me feel very grounded on the day of the wedding, when everything felt like a blur. I would see Katie and just know that everything was in order. I can't say enough positive things about Gilbertsville. All the guests that came, that stayed in the tents and all the family, would not stop raving about the venue and the people behind it. Go to them if you really want to have the wedding of your dreams without any of the worries.

D
Daniella

Married on 09/15/2018

Magical is the one word that comes to mind when we think of Gilbertsville. We truly had the wedding of our dreams! Sharon and team worked so hard to make us and our guests truly feel special. The venue is simply breathtaking. The energy that you get from it? LOVE! The venue itself is so beautiful that it doesn’t need much to give it the charm that you’re looking for. Our guests are still raving about how they have never experienced a wedding like ours. Thank you Gilbertsville Farmhouse for making our dreams come true! We will be back for a couple’s retreat!

Kristen
Kristen

Married on 09/08/2018

Best Day of Our Lives

From the moment I stepped onto Gilbertsville Farmhouse property I was in love. As soon as we met Sharon and Katie on the tour, I was sure this was my dream wedding venue. Let's be serious, they had me at goat yoga.
Besides the barn and the property being an absolute dream, your favorite people get to stay there with you all weekend. The glamping tents are so gorgeous that even my camping-phobic friends wanted to permanently become Gilbertsville tent residents. The Friday afternoon goat yoga was the perfect way to kick off the weekend. Our faces hurt from so much smiling and laughing. Pure joy. Our guests at the farm enjoyed lounging in the hammock park and all the farm animals. The schedule is loose and relaxing. No stress.
The wedding day itself went incredibly smooth (and we had so much fun! ) with Katie, Sharon, and her family keeping everything on schedule and adding so many special touches. My mom had a stroke a few weeks before our wedding and Sharon's kids drove her around on a golf cart all day so she didn't miss a thing. I never worried or stressed for a minute that whole weekend. I'm a NYC wedding photographer at 40+ weddings a year. This is far beyond what I see at any venue. They take care of you like you are family.
We can't imagine having spent this very important day of our lives anywhere else.

Jade Rosenberg

Married on 08/25/2018

Magical wedding!!!

I wish my written words could capture the magic we felt getting married at Gilbertsville. Sharon, her family, and her amazing team poured so much love and hard work into this place, that you could feel it in your soul. Every single person at our wedding felt it. To this day, people are still commenting on how it was the most loving wedding and best wedding they’ve ever been to. And of course, we feel the same.

This place will forever have a special piece of our heart. Not only is it a venue for weddings, but they host couples retreats and all sorts of things. My heart beats faster just thinking about it- we can come back, relive those perfect memories and soak in the warm , loving, incredible space around us.

Thank you gilbertsville for giving us the most treasured memories that we’ll hold onto for the rest of our lives.

Ps. The goat yoga was the cherry on top!

Etienne Bowler

Married on 08/18/2018

Couldn’t have asked for more!

Sharon is amazing to work with and she’s dedicated so much of her life to make this venue so incredibly special. There are so many gorgeous elements from the pond, the barns, the view from the hill for the ceremony, and not to mention the perfect vibe and energy for us and for anyone to have the best day of their life, and that we did. Can’t thank her enough and recommend this venue to anyone that is looking for something unique and special and unforgettable 10/10 ❤️

A
Anna

Married on 07/14/2018

A fairytale wedding in our dream venue

Gilbertsville Farmhouse was the absolute dream of a venue. We wanted to create an experience for our closest friends and family that was uniquely special and memorable, and this was it. We looked at quite a few venues for our big day but Gilbertsville Farmhouse won us over pretty quickly – as soon as we arrived, the farm's sweet animals were there to welcome us. From there, we met Sharon, whose vibe we instantly connected with! Even though it was raining throughout our venue tour, we walked into the misty forest and imagined getting married beneath the trees and that was it. The place, the experience, and the people are what make this place so amazing. Our guests keep telling us how much they loved the glamping tents, and getting to spend a weekend together in the outdoors. Coming from NYC we knew Sharon 'got' us and she was incredibly accommodating throughout the entire planning process. We were so thrilled with our decision to get married at Gilbertsville Farmhouse and we wish we could marry each other there over and over again.

M
Morgan

Married on 07/07/2018

THE BEST wedding venue! It's hard to have a wedding that's unique, but this venue makes for just that! Sharon and her crew have done a remarkable job making this rustic barn a glamorous, dream wedding venue. The details around the property make for a super ROMANTIC setting. Throughout the planning process, they were easy going and flexible, allowing us to craft our wedding day vision into a reality. They worked with us to ensure that it was the WEEKEND of our dreams. People can't stop raving about how it was the BEST WEDDING they've EVER been to! That wouldn't be true if it wasn't at Gilbertsville Farmhouse. The place just truly keeps getting better. From the antique church pews, to the chandeliers in the barn, to the glamp tents, NOTHING COMPARES! If you're looking for a truly unique, romantic, and enjoyable wedding venue that you and all your guests will ALWAYS REMEMBER, this is the place to do it!

Jonathan
Jonathan

Married on 06/30/2018

Beautiful Barn Wedding

If you are looking for a venue that is different from your typical wedding and will stand out among your guests, then look no further. Even though Gilbertsville Farmhouse was the first and only venue that we checked out, we knew immediately that it was the place for us. When we met Sharon and her family, and she showed us around the grounds, we fell in love instantly. From the glamping tents, to the lake, the hammock park, the barn packed with goats and loads of other animals, there was never a dull moment for our guests. The pews and arbor set on top of the hill provide the perfect backdrop for a picturesque wedding ceremony and the barn the perfect ceremony. Even though our wedding date brought record high temperatures with near triple digit readings, it did not detract from the fun at all, and in fact even added to the entertainment with spontaneous dips in the lake. Sharon and her staff were amazing in accommodating all of our guests needs the entire weekend. Sharon's assistant Katie worked tirelessly from the moment we arrived Friday morning, to the minute we left on Sunday. I honestly do not think she slept or took a break because every time we looked up or needed anything, she was right there to assist. Looking back now after a few months, this was definitely the best weekend of our lives, and we cannot wait to go back for a glamping weekend and some goat yoga!

Erin

Married on 06/09/2018

THE BEST DECISION WE EVER MADE. I feel like nothing I write will even do this venue justice. From the second we got there (in freezing February) we knew it was the place we wanted to be married. It’s unlike anywhere I have ever had a wedding, and Sharon and her team were super accommodating. The glamping tents were amazing, getting married on the hill was a dream, and having a welcome party in the milking barn is an experience everyone is still talking about. The reception was beautiful with the chandeliers in the barn. It honestly was such an amazing combo of rustic and class. All of us keep saying how we wish we could do it over and over. Sharon worked with me early on to make sure that this venue would work for us, and we really felt like family when we were there. It was a hike for our entire family in downstate NY, but zero regrets from anyone!

Kamelle

Married on 10/07/2017

We had the loveliest wedding at Gilbertsville Farmhouse. It was such an amazing experience for myself, groom, glampers and guests. Sharon and her family are amazing and made sure we had an amazing wedding weekend. The property is beautiful; it includes 10 glamping tents, and house that selected guests can stay for their wedding weekend. We got married on a beautiful hilltop, enjoyed the milking parlor for the rehearsal dinner and cocktail hour and had our reception in the glamorous barn. Our wedding was almost a month ago and our guests are still raving about it. The property was everything I dreamt of for a wedding and so much more.

Kelly

Married on 08/05/2017

Gilbertsville Farmhouse was the perfect venue for us. It had everything we had ever dreamed of and more for our wedding and after waiting 12 years the we knew the venue we picked needed to be perfect. I knew it was the perfect place for us before even stepping foot on the property. Looking at the website it had I could tell it was going to checkoff all the marks, chandeliers, glamping, barn, multiple ceremony sites, and the option for a wedding weekend getaway! Camping has been a major part of our lives, growing up we both spent many summers putting up tents and spending our time in the outdoors. So the thought of glamping on our wedding night was a dream come true, a very unique experience. The tents could not have been more glamorous, everyone in our bridal party was obsessed with how each tent was decorated and how comfortable the beds were. Sharon, Katie, and Aldo could not have been more welcoming. They were there to answer any questions or concerns we had and made sure the big day went on with out a hitch. Gilbertsville Farmhouse offers so much more then just a place to host your wedding. We were able to spend time hanging out with family and friends and create memories that will last us lifetime. Sitting by the fire pit, relaxing in a hammock, meditating with goat yoga are just a few of our favorite things Gilbertsville has to offer! Check them out you will not be sorry!

Jennifer

Married on 05/27/2017

Gilbertsville was everything we could have asked for and more. We wanted a wedding where we could do the ceremony outdoors and I wanted a barn for the reception. We went to a few places and I researched a ton online. We ultimately chose Gilbertsville because it's a beautiful property, they have pews for the ceremony, glamping! , bonfire, and most of all because of how caring Sharon and Aldo seemed, even upon first meeting them. They seemed (and genuinely do) to enjoy what they do and want to make a couple's day everything they imagined. We had our first look in the "woodsy area", which was perfect because not only was it a beautiful location for photos, it was private, so we could enjoy this moment together. Our ceremony was on a hill overlooking the land around the property. Our reception was in the barn. It was spacious, the chandeliers add such an elegant touch, and there are real bathrooms! There are so many possibilities for ceremony or photo locations at Gilbertsville. But again, the people are what really make it. Everyone there was accommodating. No amount of times were too many to get a golf cart ride to the tents or to the ceremony. Aldo lit the bonfires for us and made sure the tents were warm and cozy. Katie gave advice to keep the buffet in the barn, and I'm so glad we did. Sharon helped greet the guests and made sure everything was running smoothly (Along with C&A Events). I'm sure there were little things that we didn't even realize. Sharon was aways responsive to my questions prior to the big day. Guests were commenting on how beautiful and unique the venue is during the wedding. Guests continue to rave about the venue and staff. I honestly wish we could do our wedding every weekend because it was that perfect and that much fun.

kaitlyn

Married on 08/27/2016

I know my friends and family would follow me anywhere but leading up to our big day I was asked repeatedly, in various forms of niceties, "why are you making us travel so far? " To which I would simply reply, "You'll see. " I guarantee that your breathe will be taken away as soon as you step foot on Gilbertsville Farmhouse's property, as it was for all of my guests this past weekend. To say that the grounds are stunning is a severe understatement.

But Gilbertsville is so much more than a beautiful location, the people who own and work there truly make this venue the special place that it is. No request was too small or too grand, they worked hard to make our special day something more than we could have ever dreamed. For instance, I had wanted sunflowers at the rehearsal dinner to decorate the tables. You know when a bride gets a vision stuck in her head and suddenly that is the most important detail in the world ( hey, we all have our non-stellar moments)... Well, they weren't going to make the four-hour drive from our home to the venue and where is a farm stand when you need one?! Katie, not only thought of a friend of hers who had sunflowers but insisted that she run and pick them up for us so that we didn't get lost in the hills the day before our wedding. That is just one small instance where the Gilbertsville family went above and beyond the call of duty and left a lasting impression on our hearts.

We didn't want a cookie-cutter wedding, we wanted an experience for ourselves and all of our guests and that is exactly what we received. There is no scorecard or rating that could accurately describe the fabulousness that is Gilbertsville. You just have to go and experience it for yourself. We could not imagine a better way to start off the greatest adventure of our lives.

R
Roseanne

Married on 08/21/2016

Gilbertsville Farmhouse was the PERFECT place for our wedding. We planned all the way from Houston, TX and Sharon was AMAZING in communicating with us and answering all of our questions. The town is picture perfect and there are plenty of places for guests to stay. The tents on site are wonderful and so cute my friends loved hanging out there by the fire. The grounds are BEAUTIFUL to say the least and even though it rained on our wedding day the milk barn was perfect! It came out so pretty and i couldn't have asked for anything more. A lot of guests at the wedding were in awe of how everything looked and they couldn't stop talking about it. We love Sharon and Gilbertsville Farmhouse. They made our dreams truly come true and I know they will for you too.

Kelly

Married on 05/21/2016

Go for it! We had originally been looking at getting married in the fall but when we set our eyes on Gilberstville Farmhouse we fell in love and moved our wedding up 5 months, and it was worth it!
It is a unique and beautiful venue combined with amazing service from all the Farmhouse crew. Our guests that were staying onsite loved being close to all the action at the farmhouse and the glamping tents are the epitome of style, luxury, and a one in a million experience.
Sharon, Aldo, Katie and the kids make you feel at home on the property, help out when you need it, give guidance and are the icing on the cake if you book this venue. All our friends and family were saying it was the best night ever and were truly blown away by how magical it was.
I can not say enough regarding the experience and we wouldn't have changed a thing.

Caitlin

Married on 05/07/2016

I'll just begin by saying I fell in love with the beautiful, historic town before I even saw the venue. After my husband proposed, I started my research. I knew I wanted a barn/rustic/vintage theme. Boy, did we luck out with this venue! Not only is it a beautiful setting for a wedding, but a whole weekend experience. We arrived at the venue on Friday, set up and relaxed all day, had our rehearsal dinner in the barn. Sunday, since it was Mother's Day, we were able to host a wonderful Mother's Day brunch. What I loved most about this venue was it was a weekend experience that I could spend with all my closest family and friends whether they were staying in the cozy farmhouse or the unique luxury tents.

Everything came together on Saturday. The clouds cleared, the sun came out, the degrees went up. The wind stopped, even on top of the hill. My favorite part was coming up the hill with my dad, and seeing everyone in the antique church pews. It was a walk I'll never forget. I thought I would be nervous, but it was breathtakingly amazing.

Sharon and Aldo did everything and more during our perfect day. We were the first of the 2016 season, and it was a little challenging with weather and other factors. I am absolutely in awe at the kindness and openness of their whole crew at the farmhouse. Katie is super sweet and helped us whenever possible. I wish I could live my wedding day over and over. It was absolutelyperfect. Thank you Gilbertsville Farmhouse for a wedding that my family and friends will never forget!

Celi

Married on 09/26/2015

We were able to stay at the farm house with our families and friends for our wedding and it was such a perfect weekend. Sharon and Aldo were incredible, kind, excited, and helpful. Our families couldn't have imagined a better wedding weekend with better people or at a better venue.

Kristin

Married on 08/22/2015

It was such a pleasure working with Sharon and Aldo from the first time I saw this venue there was nothing much there besides one chandelier I gave all my faith into Sharon and Aldo, I knew that they had a vision and their vision would come alive, never in my wildest dreams did I ever think my wedding will be so beautiful in every aspect they went above and beyond anything I could expected thank you so much for all your support and all your help. Thank you for making my wedding my dream come true.

A
Alexandra

Married on 08/15/2015

The venue owners were there throughout the set up and the event. They helped out and gave us advice to help make our day the best it could be. We planned an outside ceremony, and had all of our guests outside when it began to rain. The venue owners got everyone down to the inside part and helped move the entire ceremony inside. They drove me right up to the entrance of the ceremony area so I didn't have to walk outside in the rain. Not only were they so helpful with everything, they are very kind and caring. They truly want to help make your day the best and memorable! I would recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a barn like wedding!