Back to Glen Iris Inn

Erica
Erica Anderson

Married on 05/31/2019

Dream Wedding, Amazing Staff

My husband and I had our dream wedding at the Glen Iris Inn this last weekend, I am still on cloud nine. The setting is unbelievably beautiful, but that is only the start. The staff (Denise and Molly) were amazing. They made our wedding planning and our day flawless. I was so nervous about the timeline and things going right, but there was no need to worry, they had everything under control. They took care of everything from setting up to cleaning up. The tent, tables, everything was set up perfectly without me needing to micromanage, they had it under control. Not only that, but they seemed genuinely excited for me. They didn’t act like it was the thousandth wedding they had done (even though you could tell it was because they were soooo good), they were invested in my day and wanted it to be the best it could be for me. Then there was the food and service, both of which were fantastic. We did the stations, I got numerous compliments on the mashed potato bar which I agree was delicious. Not to mention the prime rib was very tender. They did a great job with the hand passed appetizers and the bartender was quick and efficient.
Don’t even hesitate, this is the ideal place for a wedding and you are in great hands with Denise/Molly. I promise you won’t regret it!

Glen Iris Inn's reply:

Thanks for the review! You were so fun to work with. Glad you had such a beautiful wedding day! Make sure you come back and visit us.

B
Bryan

Married on 09/10/2016

Venue is absolutely gorgeous! Ceremony overlooks the falls, rehearsal had air balloons going up in the background, and the guests spent a good portion of time exploring. Denise was very helpful at every stage of planning and was very willing to work with our ideas. Price was very competitive with other options and the value of service was well worth it. The food was the best wedding food I have ever had! Highly recommend this venue.

J
Julia

Married on 09/21/2013

The Glen Iris Inn and it's staff are among the best people to work with for a wedding, if not the best. Everything they do is a labor of love for the property and it's reputation. They made our wedding flawless and a true success. Denise is a wedding pro and answered my MANY questions without complaint and always promptly. The food was amazing, the setting cannot be beat, and the property and Inn are gorgeous. Best choice we made, and we will be back for years to come.

User2977353

2+ years ago

They helped make our day go as smooth as possible. Our wedding was an absolute dream come true!

W
Steph

Married on 07/12/2008

The wedding planners at the Glen Iris were the most pleasant people I have ever worked with in my entire life. They were able to squeeze me in last minute and helped me out with every question I had. Molly kept me sane on my wedding day and the place was incredibly beautiful. Our wedding was small, only 15 people and all family, but everyone loved it and it was the best thing to happen to us on our wedding day. The food was wonderful, tasty, and it looked pretty healthy too! I HIGHLY recommend them to anyone getting married in upstate New York! My whole family plans on going back.

S
Ariana

Married on 06/28/2008

Denise, the wedding coordinator, is wonderful. She has wedding planning down to a science, and she's very nice and friendly. She was extremely helpful and knows tons of reliable vendors to recommend. And service by Denise and her staff during our stay at the Glen Iris was impeccable. They took pains to make sure that our every need was met, including bringing luggage and gifts up and down the three flights of stairs to our suite.

I cannot say enough of the location - the outdoors ceremony location is spectacular. The maids and the brides exit out the front doors of the historic Glen Iris Inn and walk to the ceremony site which overlooks the gorge (it's right above Middle falls, but you can't see the falls while sitting down). You can have your reception inside or outside - I choose outside. And you are allotted a number of rooms in the Inn and in the Park's adjoining lodging for your guests - everyone who stayed in the park loved it, especially those who stayed in the Inn.

For what you get, this location is a real steal. There is a $6000 minimum catering bill for Sat night weddings (5k for Fri/Sun), which is so cheap (comes to like 7800 with gratuity). We stayed right on budget, and spent about $70 a person for our 85 guests for hors d'oeurves, 3 course dinner (chicken and beef tenderloin), champagne, and 4 hours of open bar (premium). Everyone was well-fed (although the dinner wasn't that great tasting, but no one remembers that anyway). There's another 1000-1500 in ceremony fee and rentals.

There are four downsides for this location: 1. Rooms in and around the park are limited, so lodging is tricky if you have a lot of out-of-town guests; 2. The food was mediocre; 3. It is difficult for out-of-town guests to get to (my husband's family is from the west coast, and they all had to fly, rent cars, and navigate the backroads to get here); 4. There are a ton of weddings here. They usually have one every friday, saturday and sunday all summer. This didn't bother me, but don't be expect to be the only "star" all weekend.

IguanaGal
Kylee

Married on 07/10/2010

These guys were awesome! Denise(the wedding planner) and Molly(her helper) were so great to have in the days leading up the wedding and on the day of.. They sat in the office with me and called places to help me track down a dress steamer the day before the wedding... The one detail I forgot :-P They are really nice ladies and will help you make sure that you remember to iron out every detail of the ceremony and reception. The site itself is beautiful and was wonderful to stay there.. I would suggest staying in the houses on the hill with you guests/wedding party/ family as they are roomy and nice expecially the Chalet(even without central air) was AWESOME!

C
Christine and john

Married on 08/08/2015

The wonderful people at the Glen Iris Inn In Castile, NY sits just inside Letchworth State Park overlooking the falls. The experience this far has been great. The grounds are gorgeous and the people are kinds, caring, felexible, friendly and professional an not mention the price is reasonable as well.

User3925784

2+ years ago

4.1

So beautiful! And the people there are very helpful and accommodating!