Back to GreyStone Weddings

| Grand Rapids, MI See photos, pricing and details

18 Reviews for GreyStone Weddings

Sydney

Married on 09/12/2015

We just had our wedding at Greystone Mansion in Honor, MI on September 12, 2015. Everything was perfect! Kay was our wedding planner through Greystone and Bob oversaw everything. The food was a huge hit! Also, a nice bonus was any leftover food we were able to bring home with us! Delicious! I highly recommend the mac and cheese! We had our ceremony in the outside garden at Greystone. The flowers and space was beautiful! The staff did the set up of chairs and the take down. The staff was amazing! From Bob and Kay to the bartender (Craig) and all the other staff (including my friend Destiny) were amazing! So accommodating! I didn't have to go up to the bar once myself because staff was super on top of making sure I had a full drink at all times! The DJ also provided by Greystone was super great! Shawn was his name and we loved him! Great music, great energy, and also just a great guy! Everything went off without a hitch! They set up everything and we didn't have to do a thing! From the cake cutting to the first dance and the rest of evening was flawless! We had the wedding of our dreams thanks to Greystone! We highly recommend those looking for a venue to check out Greystone! You won't be disappointed!

C
Casey

Married on 07/25/2015

Our garden ceremony was beautiful. Everyone said the food was awesome! Would definitely recommend to a friend!

R
Rachel

Married on 09/08/2012

Our wedding was at Greystone Mansion in Honor, in September, 2012. All I can say is that it was perfect! They were so easy to deal with, and the décor was absolutely stunning. The food was amazing! So many complimented on how great it was. In addition, the staff was friendly and very attentive. I cannot say enough about Greystone Mansion, everyone should consider it for a wonderful wedding day come true!

K
Krystal

Married on 07/28/2012

The Greystone Mansion was thee absolute most perfect location for our wedding! Their all inclusive package makes the day of the wedding so worry free! And Heather!.. The day of coordinator is an absolute asset to the Greystone Mansion! I couldn't imagine having a wedding without a go to person such as herself! She was amazing! :)

C
christina

Married on 08/20/2011

Would recommend to anyone! Couldnt be happier! Our friends and family are still talking about it like it was yesterday :)

Z
amanda

Married on 06/18/2011

Everything was perfect and everyone was so professional and friendly. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day! Thank-you so much!

Kristie

Married on 11/29/2008

My husband and I only had a week in town to find a place for our wedding. We wanted to have our ceremony and reception at the same place. We looked EVERYWHERE! I was getting scared as the end of our week came near. Then we went to Gretystone and it was love at first sight. They gave us everything we asked for and more. The price was spot on and by the end of our wedding nigh the owners were part of our family. I can't wait for my friends to get engaged so I can send them to Greystone!

Sarah

Married on 08/01/2008

We just had the reception at their other new property at the "La Belle Vue" along West Bay
in Traverse City. The main reason we chose them to take care of our reception was because there was NO STRESS involved at all.
They took care of the decorations all of the set up and clean up. They coordinated everything and someone was there on the day of
to make sure that things ran smoothly. The food was great too and at such a reasonable price!

A
Allison

Married on 10/03/2015

Greystone Mansion was a fantastic value for the price. Everyone there really knew their stuff, and the all inclusive package made it so that I did not have to worry about nearly as many things on my wedding day. The food was delicious, the ballroom and garden were beautiful, and everything ran very smoothly. I was very happy with the experience. The only thing that I did not like was that they pushed the Sandals vacations a bit hard, but this is a fantastic choice for my wedding.

R
Roseann

Married on 07/25/2015

The garden and reception area were beautiful, the food was excellent and the staff very friendly and accommodating with whatever we needed for the evening of our daughters wedding. We received numerous guest compliments on the facility and the food!

A
Amy

Married on 07/09/2011

I knew the minute I saw Greystone it was perfect for us. I even checked all these other places just to make sure. Everywhere I checked out made me want to settle on Greystone for sure. It was perfect for our budget and extremely flexible. The venue is beautiful! They also have an inside chapel in case it rains. I was so glad it didn't on our wedding day because the garden is way too pretty to pass up!
Greystone also caters all the food. It was sooo good. Not to mention you get to take any food home that isn't eaten. They provide a bar tender and a DJ which saves you big bucks!
The only problem that I had was that the air wasn't working for our reception. It was really hot, which I was bummed about since I think it caused people to leave early and not many danced because of the heat. However- I know it was a mishap since everytime I have been there it was also very cool in the building. I guess you can't control everything. They did bring a fan out to try to help with the heat, but not much relief. I appreciate that they did everything in their power.
They also provide you with a wedding planner the day of. Her name is Heather. She is fantastic. She kept everything going smoothly. I was so lucky to have her! I do need to appologize to her however, I think a few of my friends and family would have liked to take her home. She's just too cute! She is a life saver!
Overall I had a wonderful wedding, and they were extremely flexible for all the last minute changes I had. I loved my wedding and I will recommend their venue to every engaged couple I meet. It was VERY close to perfect. THank you Greystone.

F
Eric

Married on 06/18/2011

Heather the wedding coordinator was fantastic

Amanda
Amanda

Married on 09/24/2011

4.7

My husband and I looked at 5 venues in Michigan for our wedding day, and GreystoneMansion was the best thing we could have chose. Planning from St. Louis, MO, they made it so easy to pull our day together.

At Greystone you can have your ceremony and reception together (which I HIGHLY recommend! ), they have an indoor and outdoor ceremony location, the place is pretty much decorated unless you would like to add some personal touches of your own, they have recommended vendors, they offer a shuttle to and from the area Best Western at now charge with a minimum number of rooms (this was so important to us that everyone got back to the hotel safely), there is so much to do in the area during down time for guests, and so much more! It was amazing to work with them as they took a lot of the stress out of the planning, which was wonderful.

I would highly recommend this vendor!

Alisha
Alisha

Married on 07/12/2009

For our wedding we really wanted somewhere we could have the Ceremony and Reception in the same area and Greystone Mansion had just that, they took care of everything! Very elegant and proffesional!

K
Kara

Married on 09/17/2011

4.3

I couldn't be happier with my experience with Greystone. You can DEFINITELY tell that they have been doing this for years! They've thought of everything ---SO helpful, so sweet, etc.

I would DEFINITELY recommend Greystone. They made my wedding perfect.

T
Trischa

Married on 05/22/2011

4.3

Greysone mansion was a great place to have destination wedding. As a bride I had very little to do. The staff at Greystone along with their vendors were great to work with and all of my expectatins were met.

H
Heather

Married on 07/18/2015

3.8

First of all, my wedding was beautiful, & Greystone is a gorgeous venue. Food was delicious & fun was had by all. The convenience of having the venue do the catering, DC, & many reception details was perfect. With that being said, when I initially was considering Greystone, some of the biggest selling points were the convenience of an inclusive package & how flexible & easy Bob was to work with. In the weeks leading up to the wedding, Bob's willingness to work with us decreased. During our meeting 3 weeks prior, he was strongly encouraging us to organize the room & include elements with which I was not comfortable (e.g. , a fog machine use on the dance floor & placing the band in the corner with tables between them & the dance floor). The day was beautiful from my perspective & the on-site coordinator was extremely accommodating for me; however, after the fact I learned that both Bob & the on-site coordinator were quite rude to multiple family members & friends who were assisting with setup. Finally, the DJ, John, was terrible. We had hired a band, & thank goodness! For the first several seconds of the Daddy-Daughter dance, the TV screens sat at a menu while the song played instead of beginning the carefully constructed photo slideshow, he did not play the songs we asked, & one song was clearly played from youtube as there was a commercial that played prior to the song beginning. I think this is completely unacceptable from a venue wanting to be the best in Northern Michigan. Overall, I think that these issues were not apparent to almost everyone there; however, it was extremely disappointing to hear negative feedback from those close to me.

GreyStone Weddings's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to review GreyStone. I'm sorry that there were a few issues during your reception. I would love the opportunity to discuss your concerns. Please contact me at your earliest convenience.

User2846995

2+ years ago

Nightmare experience. Upcharges everywhere. Gratuity added onto EVERYTHING. Arrogant, greedy owner. Disinterested staff. Very friendly and accommodating until the contract is signed, then you don't matter. The venue is very attractive, which is what drove our decision. We should have looked farther and earlier, and definitely should have asked the opinion of other vendors. We have since learned that Bob's tyrannical reputation is widely known.

GreyStone Weddings's reply:

I am sorry about your experience. It makes it very hard to replay to an anonymous reviewer. However, your comments are very similar to a review on The Knot and Yelp. I am wondering if you even had a wedding at Greystone Mansion, or if this is just a hate review. Feel free to contact me and I would be happy to discuss the issues you might of experienced at Greystone Mansion.