Back to Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort

D
Dawn

Married on 03/21/2019

Amazing service

We planned to go to the restaurant after our quick ceremony, spoke with the front desk and they allowed us to get married on the property as it was only us and 2 witnesses. Jay at the front desk was beyond amazing and helpful, he even stayed for the ceremony and rang the wedding bell. He truly went above and beyond for us. Even arranged a little surprise at dinner for us. The grounds were gorgeous, but the sunset was amazing. Perfect spot for photos.

R
Rosemary

Married on 04/30/2017

We could not have been happier with our choice to have our wedding at Hacienda del Sol! Our reception and entire wedding weekend there was perfection! Cathleen was our event planner and she was great! She was so accommodating and worked very hard to make everything wonderful! When we had our tasting, the chef personally presented the food and a description of the ingredients. Cathleen and the chef worked together to find a way to give everything a southwestern flair for us, and everything was delicious! A number of our guests told us that the food at our wedding was the best they had ever had! We had dinner in the inner courtyard, which was lovely! The flowers were blooming, the grass was green, and every table was set beautifully! We had after-dinner dancing in Casa Feliz, which was such a cozy space for us and our guests! The bar staff was friendly and professional and made prickly pear margaritas that everyone loved! All of the staff at Hacienda were so welcoming - from the bellmen to guest services to the restaurant waiters to the owners - everyone congratulated us and made us feel at home! Cathleen also arranged for us to have one of the brand new amazing suites for our stay! It was incredible and we enjoyed every second in our desert oasis! We will always cherish the memories at Hacienda and look forward to visiting often!

User7522588

2+ years ago

An absolutely beautiful Wedding Venue!

Charlotte

Married on 03/19/2016

When my husband and I got engaged, we went all over town looking at places and they were all just "ok. " When we first walked into Hacienda Del Sol my initial reaction was "this is it. " It had the southwest charm we were looking for without being cheesy. It was under remodel construction at the time, but we could vision what it was going to be. Because of the construction, Cathleen (our coordinator) had a back up plan if it didn't get completed in time. We are so happy we went with Hacienda Del Sol! The construction was finished before our wedding and the place is absolutely beautiful! Cathleen was fabulous at walking us through everything and answering all my questions leading up to the big day. The day of couldn't have been more perfect. Everyone at Hacienda was so helpful, friendly and genuinely happy to be working there. Tom (the owner) even drove me in a golf cart from the hotel room to the ceremony so I didn't have to walk in my heals. I even saw Tom at the reception filling water glasses and making sure everything was going well. The food was great and everyone kept raving about the appetizers. The new Catalina suite was perfect for getting ready, as it has 2 bathrooms so there were multiple places for my friends and I to get ready. Not to mention the new rooms are stunning. If you are looking for a touch of the southwest, this is the place!

T
Thom

Married on 03/10/2015

Rachel and her staff at Hacienda Del Sol provided us a beautiful wedding day! We could not have been more pleased with every aspect! We highly recommend Rachel, her staff, and Hacienda Del Sol!
Thom & Connie McKinney

User3576061

2+ years ago

Fabulous resort to get married! Our friends and family made a weekend out of it as we booked most of the rooms- it was a big family reunion! The hospitality was unmatched and of course the venue itself was a gorgeous location to say our "I do's."

Casie

Married on 02/14/2014

My wife and I married at magical Hacienda Del Sol and the event was perfect. Rachel, our wedding/event coordinator arranged simply everything for us - the highest quality for our special day, including flowers, decor, reception, superb wedding cake, gorgeous photography, amazing food/beverage service for our guests, complete with an officiant and DJ. With special attention to detail, it was more than we imagined and the day was simply perfect and a stress-free occasion, as it should be to join our lives forever. The venue could not have been more perfect, blessed with a splendid Arizona sunset easily seen from the reception area.

S
Sandy

Married on 08/24/2013

The wedding coordinator, Rachel at Hacienda del Sol, was fantastic and a pleasure to work with. She was great and was quick to get back to us whenever we had a question. The wedding was beautiful, the food was awesome and the service we received was amazing. Many of our guests commented on the excellent service staff and the efficiency of getting the food out. They did everything they promised and more and we were very pleased that we chose this venue!

Brent

Married on 04/14/2013

Although we did not have our wedding here (this was in the final 2 venues to be selected) we did want to incorporate Hacienda del Sol into our plans so we decided to spend our wedding night here.
The courtyard is breathtaking, the view fantastic. The people we worked with were fantastic.
The casita on the wedding night was incredible. The staff very helpful and the food at the restaurant in the morning was delicious.
Everything here exceeded our expectations.

N
Kristina

Married on 06/03/2012

Special anniversaries can be like weddings, and we just celebrated out 50th at the Hacienda del Sol on June 3. We have only lived in Tucson for 6 years, but we knew that we wanted a grand celebration, and began looking around over 2 years ago. As most guests were coming from out of state, we wanted to do something special, something southwestern, as most had never even been to Arizona before.
As soon as we met Paula (the event planner) and saw the Casa Feliz at the Hacienda del Sol, we knew we had found our place.
We are VERY particular people, and wanted things to be how we wanted them to be. NO PROBLEM. All our concerns were listened to, and all our questions were answered. Paula is super organized and professional, and did a fantastic job. We had things written into the contract (like, that I am a very slow eater, so service needs to adjust to that. Or, please put table #7 as far away from us as possible (disagreeable person will be seated there) and everything was complied with. The food was incredible. One of our daughters who worked for many years as a manager at the Ritz-Carlton in San Francisco, said that this was the "best banquet food she has ever had! " The portions were perfect, the wine was poured with style, and the entire evening was such a huge success. The Mariachi trio said it was one of the best events they ever played at.
Wish I could begin organizing our 60th, as this was so much fun, and no stress at all. Paula is a most capable and dependable person and the Hacienda del Sol is the most beautiful place for a special event.

Brianna

Married on 09/26/2009

We had our ceremony and reception at the Hacienda del Sol, both in the inner courtyard. In between we used the outer courtyard for the cocktail hour. Every aspect came out wonderful.

From the beginning, Mary Ann, the catering manager was willing to work with us to design a menu we wanted and could afford. While the wedding menus they have are on the pricey side, some of their general catering menus are much more affordable. We went with a sonoran buffet, and everyone raved about the food--many went for seconds. The bar situation was also very flexible. We went with beer, wine and margaritas. The prickely pear margaritas were a huge hit!

All of the service received--from catering service, to the setup crew, to the hotel staff were extremely courteous and helpful. Any suggestions or changes I had were considered and worked into the process.

The natural charm of the Hacienda is perfect for a smaller wedding (~120 ppl or less) and I highly recommend having the reception in the inner courtyard at night--the lights were incredible. I don't have a single regret about my wedding at the Hacienda, it was perfect.

Brittany
Brittany

Married on 09/01/2018

We could not have picked a more beautiful and memorable venue then Hacienda Del Sol. Finding a venue was very stressful because we live out of state however as soon as stepped foot on the resort grounds we knew it was the perfect place for our big day. After walking the grounds and meeting the staff we cancelled our other appointments to view other venues, we knew there was no point because Hacienda was the one!

Joelle the Sales & Catering Manager was amazing through this whole process. She is very attentive to detail, professional, and organized. Although we had a wedding planner Joelle was always available and several steps ahead of us with advice and recommendations. She didn't hesitate to give a helping hand to my bridesmaids with their dresses and making sure everyone looked perfect on our big day. She even helped search for my ring when I misplaced it the morning of, no job was too big or small for Joelle

Not only did Joelle exceed our expectations, but so did the rest of the staff. Everyone that we came in contact with had a smile and was so accommodating. From the valet staff, to checking in, to the catering staff, they were all amazing! I was in close contact with Summer and Frances leading up to the wedding. They were both always available and so helpful with answering any questions we had.

Everyone raved about how good the food was and how beautiful everything came out including the cake. The staff worked so hard to make sure our vision was executed perfectly, we can't thank them enough. So many of our friends and family members have mentioned how much they enjoyed their stay and that they hope to stay at the resort in the future. The resort grounds are even more beautiful in person, you will love the rustic Southwestern feel of the venue. While the older rooms are a little outdated the updated rooms are beautiful! Rather if you're considering holding your wedding at the resort or a smaller event, you can't go wrong here.

User4504234

2+ years ago

Hacienda del Sol was an absolutely wonderful place to have our wedding. They provided excellent service, friendliness and professionalism. It was nice to have friends and family from out of town stay in such a beautiful location. They seemed to do everything in their power to make it a positive experience, and indeed it was.

K
Kim

Married on 04/04/2014

Rachel did an amazing job of making sure we had everything we needed and making sure all of the details were in place. The venue itself was gorgeous and the food was amazing! This venue works best for smaller weddings which was perfect for us.

Bianca

Married on 09/20/2014

We had a lovely wedding at Hacienda Del Sol! The venue is intimate and loaded with historic charm. Have your wedding in the inner courtyard if you can. The grounds at Hacienda are lovely during the day, but the twinkling lights in the inner courtyard at night make it that much more magical.

Rachel, Hacienda's coordinator, is great! This was our first time hosting a bar, and Rachel walked us through all the different options available and helped us make the best decision for our wedding. She was very attentive the day-of as well. She had a platter of appetizers ready for us in the library while we signed our marriage license. After the wonderful food tasting, you'll want to eat all of that yummy food you carefully picked out, but it's very easy to forget to eat during all the craziness on the actual day!

K
Krista

Married on 04/21/2018

Hacienda del Sol (HdS) was the perfect venue for our elegant, Southwestern-inspired wedding in April 2018. Having grown up in Tucson, I wanted to give all our guests (many who had never been to AZ) the perfect introduction to the Sonoran Desert and taste of the Old Pueblo, and HdS hit it out of the park. We looked at 12 venues and ultimately HdS had everything we wanted plus it was actually located in Tucson proper so people could explore. Joelle was extremely accommodating and worked to make sure we had absolutely everything we wanted on our wedding day--including special iced matcha (my husband Adam's favorite), passed lemon drop shots to kick off the after party, and NY Momofuku Milk Bar truffles. All the spaces across the property are gorgeous and allow tons of flexibility. Our cocktail reception started in the outer courtyard; moved to the inner courtyard for dinner, toasts, and dancing; and ended in the Hacienda room for an amazing after party complete with s'mores and Sonoran dogs. The staff was incredibly kind and helpful throughout our stay, and we can't wait to come back for anniversaries for years to come!

L
Lisa

Married on 03/05/2017

We loved our wedding at Hacienda del Sol! Joelle was our event planner and she did a FANTASTIC job. She is professional, yet warm and friendly. She made sure that every aspect of my wedding was taken care of. She decorated my reception area, made sure no random guests walked through our ceremony, and even got down on her hands and knees to bustle my wedding dress when my MOB couldn't figure it out! She is very responsive, just give her a few days if it's a weekend. Our food tasting with the chef was wonderful and as far as I could tell they made every change we asked for. We had their pastry chef make our cake as well and it turned out beautiful and delicious! The venue is a little pricey, so to cut back on costs we had our wedding on a Sunday evening when the site fee was half price and the food/beverage minimum was much lower. It turned out great! Many of our guests told me that the dinner was the best food that they have had at a wedding, and one of the best steaks they've eaten ever! Also, the entire staff was extremely nice and did everything they could to make our guests feel welcome. When we got back to our room at the end of the wedding, there were rose petals and candles lining the path to the bed, where there were also chocolate covered strawberries, champagne, and chocolates. Not to mention all of our leftover wedding cake boxed up and ready to take home. Overall, this was the perfect venue for our wedding. Thank you, Hacienda del Sol!

I
Ilana

Married on 04/12/2014

I knew I wanted to get married at Hacienda del Sol after my fiancé and I had a great dinner at the Grill one evening. Although I am originally from Tucson I have not lived there in over 10 years so I wanted a venue that spoke to the beauty of the desert while still being an intimate place that our guests (from all over the country) would enjoy. Working with Rachel who runs their events department was great and they subsidize the cost of an outside wedding planner which was absolutely worth it (Meagan Crain events was awesome!). All of our guests raved about the food and service at the hotel and during the wedding itself. The Sunday brunch is also top notch. I only wish they offered an open bar price because the price per drink on consumption was fairly high which we managed by switching to cash bar once we hit our limit. Overall it is a very special place!

T
Tera

Married on 05/03/2014

I had my wedding reception here last year and it was the most amazing venue. Many of us checked in a few days before the wedding and spent the weekend there which was perfect. My in laws rented the casita grande house to base out of which is where we got ready. The hotel does include a small bridal ready room as well at no cost but we used it as a place to stage flowers, etc out of the heat until the reception started. They also gave us a free night in a suite for the night of the wedding. Rachel was a wonderful coordinator. I didn't have a day of coordinator but she was very hands on the day of assisting with everything! If you have your wedding on site the package does include a separate day of coordinator as well. We had the cocktail hour and dinner in the courtyards but they included the ballroom as a backup in case of weather at no charge. Their courtyard is absolutely stunning and I didn't have to decorate anything... Just simple centerpieces. The whole property is really gorgeous and made for the most amazing wedding pictures. If I had to narrow down the reasons for why I loved this venue it would be 1) the food was amazing 2) the views and grounds are stunning and 3) I love the local Tucson feel and how historical it is. The only negatives I saw are: the rooms are a little pricey and you have to rent out all the courtyard rooms (which are small) in order to have the reception go past 10pm. The rooms also have a two night minimum stay on the weekends. Another is the alcohol prices are not discounted at all... You pay the same price per beverage or bottle as you do in the restaurant which added up very quickly. Lastly, I was recently up there and they are doing a lot of construction to add new guest rooms. Overall, I'd recommend Hacienda del Sol as a wedding/reception venue to anyone without hesitation though!

Christy

Married on 05/14/2011

Beautiful, Quain, Magical. I knew from the moment I walked into HDS it was the place I wanted my wedding reception. It is the classiest, most beautiful place that gives the Tucson feel. So charming! The food is amazing and worth the price. The scenery and grounds are beautiful and it was exactly what I wanted.
The day of our wedding was perfect, the banquet manager and staff are the reason why I would recommend someone to have their wedding here. Everything turned out Perfect and I had the most perfect day of my life. I would not have changed one thing.
The only disapponting thing was that I was never impressed with my Catering/Wedding manager that is there on site. I never felt like there was much guidance and not much professionalism. Although, she obviously communicated everything to the banquet department, I never felt as though my day was a priority to her and did not take much initiative. I have worked in the industry for over 11 years and I know that in those roles, you have to make the bride feel as though it is her day. I felt as though the follow up lacked and she was not as knowledgeable as I hoped. There was lots of turnover as well and we had issues with our room reservations. That is why I rated the professionalism low and the responsiveness low. It was all in the preplanning stages. The actual day of was Fabulous and I do NOT regret for one second my choice. I would do it all over again at Hacienda Del Sol. It is beautiful, quaint and magical. The food is amazing and the ambience is perfect. The banquet staff are hands down one of the best I have ever encountered! Thank you for making my day perfect!

User3257067

1.9

The venue was beautiful! The food was very good, but their new wedding coordinator Rachel was very difficult to work with. She was terrible at communication when she took over for the previous coordinator and she never warned us about a shower taking place in our ceremony location earlier in the day, so we could not tell our vendors in advance when they would be able to set up. Hacienda del Sol's staff was still setting up for our ceremony as our guests began to arrive.

Luckily we hired a day of wedding coordinator who smoothed everything out, but we were not pleased with the service Rachel provided.

User3062251

1.0

DO NOT HAVE A WEDDING HERE. My wedding was 1/2013
They completely screwed up everything in my contract with them and were completely unapologetic about it. The new wedding coordinator Rachel cannot do her job and your wedding will be a disaster. It started out with our cocktail hour being in the wrong location because of multiple excuses. "She forgot" and "She didn't feel like taking down a tent that was up for a previous wedding. " Completely broke contract. It followed by a DISASTER at the bar. We had a set dollar amount at the bar and then switch it over to cash bar for the guests. THEY NEVER CLOSED IT. They completely miscounted the bar, ordered the wrong kegs and then were not happy when we didn't pay for the amount over what they had messed up. They do NOT know how to handle an event. The food quality was not the same as the tasting either! The quality of service by the wait staff was the only good thing of the evening. My guests had a good time but the constant screw ups by the management at Hacienda was awful. Do not trust them.