Back to Hair By Salina Carter

| San Francisco, CA See photos, pricing and details

31 Reviews for Hair By Salina Carter

Katie Hill

Married on 06/08/2019

Salina is a hair/ braid goddess!!

Let me just start by saying I have never trusted someone with my hair like I trust Salina. She had done the hair for one of my best friends weddings and I completely fell in love! I hadnt planned on having her do my hair because of some previous wedding hair disasters- but the second I saw all the other bridesmaids hair I asked if she had time to do mine really quick. For my wedding hair trial my hair looked BETTER than the photo I had shown her and she recreated it perfectly on my wedding day. She now does my hair regularly and I drive an hour and a half just to go to her- which should say a lot!. You will be in wonderful hands with Salina, she is the absolute best!

B
Brittany Pettey

Married on 05/26/2019

Amazing and Beautiful

Salina created the most stunning up-do for my May 2019 wedding! She also created beautiful looks for my bridesmaids, mother, officiant and MIL. She is simple and easy to work with and one of the nicest people you will ever meet. The only thing that could be better is if she could do my hair everyday! ;) Thank you adding so much to our special day!

C
Christina H

Married on 05/25/2019

Amazing Wedding Hair

Salina is amazing and she was the right one to create the look I visioned, for my wedding day! Not only is she sweet natured, she’s professional, listens to your ideas and vision, prompt, and creates your perfect look! My hair stayed put all day and night and looked amazing! Besides myself, she created the perfect look for my bridesmaids too! Thank you again, Salina!

Cindy
Cindy

Married on 05/25/2019

Loved my hair!

I would absolutely recommend Salina to a friend! She is so talented, and I LOVED my hair on my wedding day!

Shannon

Married on 05/18/2019

Wedding hair goddess!

Salina is a hair goddess! After seeing photographs of her work, I knew immediately she was the hair stylist I wanted for my wedding. From scheduling the trial to setting up the place/time of arrival the day of the wedding, she was flexible and easy to work with. Salina works very efficiently, is extremely talented and a perfectionist. My up do the day of the wedding turned out even more dreamer than I imagined + it held the entire night! Also, My entire bridal party was very please with how their hairstyles turned out. It has been a month since the wedding and I am still receiving compliments on what a beautiful up do I had, all thanks to Salina!

Kristie
Kristie

Married on 04/26/2019

Literal perfection!

Salina was AMAZING! She was super flexible with my trial and listened to what I wanted and also how I described my hair. She explained what she would have to do to get the look I wanted which I thought was awesome. I could tell she didn't want me to be unhappy with any aspect of my hair. My trial was super quick and I was so happy! I went shopping and found a hair piece and came back to see if she would put it in and she did even though she was busy! For my wedding day, I have to say that EVERYTHING went amazing. My bridesmaids and I were all very indecisive but she added input when necessary to help us make decisions. She was super creative and made sure everyone was happy. I know my mom and I were nervous because we have very fine hair but she made it look like we have the most voluminous hair there is! She did beautiful braids on my girls and made them cohesive but different. I keep telling everyone I want to get married all over again because Salina made me look like a freaking princess! Ladies... Do not miss your chance to have Salina make you into a princess on your day!

L
Lauren Gresham

Married on 02/08/2019

Best Experience Ever

Salina can do anything with your hair! And she is so quick. My hair lasted all day for my wedding and I was so thrilled with how it turned out. It was exactl what I wanted. She was detail oriented and very professional. But at the same time so fun to be around! She made my special even more special!

H
Haley

Married on 11/03/2018

She did an amazing job with my hair. It was beautiful and it last the entire night.

Erica
Erica

Married on 10/26/2018

Wonderful Experience

Salina is so wonderful! She was on time, easy going, super nice, and gave me big, beautiful waves for my wedding. My hair looked absolutely gorgeous. She is also extremely talented with braids. We were very happy with her.

J
Jennifer

Married on 10/20/2018

Absolutely Amazing!

Salina was absolutely amazing. From the first day I met her I felt comfortable and always felt like he was listening to what I wanted to do with my hair.
The day of my wedding I of course loved my hair but all 5 of my bridesmaids were obsessed with their hair. Four months later and they still talk about how much they loved their hair.
I would love to go to Salina for any of my other hair needs I think she is absolutely amazing!
If you go with Salina you will love the way your hair looks on your wedding day! I know it.

Summer Hammond

Married on 10/05/2018

Wedding Hairstylist

Salina did an amazing job for our wedding in October. She styled 6 bridesmaids and myself the bride in a very timely manor and did not make us feel rushed at all. Everyone’s hair stayed the entire night with gorgeous curls and beautiful braids! She even made braids visible in dark brunette color hair what is not an easy thing to do! I would highly recommend her for anyone’s wedding as she was amazing!

Peyton
Peyton

Married on 09/08/2018

Amazing!!!

Salina is seriously amazing! I chose Salina to do myself and my bridesmaid’s hair for my wedding and everyone’s hair turned out flawless! She is such a positive, up beat person to work with! I highly recommend!

D
Devon

Married on 09/01/2018

Salina was wonderful to work with! I couldn’t have been happier with my bridal hair, as well as that of my bridesmaids. I was very indecisive and she was excellent at showing me what my different ideas would look like. As a former hairstylist I knew my hair would be better suited for different looks and Salina did an amazing job creating a look that I loved, but that also wouldn’t leave me worrying about my hair all night long. She was also able to get myself and all 7 of my bridesmaids hair done in a timely manner. All of the girls looked amazing. Not only is she efficient, she was also a friendly face to have around on a somewhat stressful day. I look forward to her doing my hair for future special events!

Brooke
Brooke

Married on 08/25/2018

She's Perfect

Salina is wonderful. Her quick and detailed responses were much appreciated as was her willingness to travel to a vineyard in the middle of nowhere to do hair for my wedding. I am from out of town and was unable to do any kind of pre-wedding trial which did not phase her one bit. I just forwarded along some pictures of updos that I liked and she came ready to do whatever style I had decided on that day! She worked so fast and did such amazing work. My mother-in-law has always struggled with having thinned out hair and assured me that nobody would be able to do anything about it. I think it took Salina 15 minutes to style her hair and she looked and felt incredible the entire night, as did everyone else. I cannot recommend her enough, she is simply the best!

Alexandria

Married on 07/27/2018

Salina is seriously the best! I started seeing Salina for my hair about 1 year before my wedding, and every time she creates a masterpiece! Her creations (braids! ) are beautiful! I couldn’t have been happier with my wedding day hair and my bridesmaids. She is the sweetest, super accommodating, responsive! Magic hands :)

Alicia

Married on 07/20/2018

Amazing!!!

She is so sweet and genuinely is with you there in your special moment. She was so incredibly flexible with me when scheduling and also changing my hair at the last minute. She truly has a gift with customers and hair! You won’t regret going to her!

M
Michelle

Married on 07/01/2018

Salina is amazing! She figured out what I wanted for my wedding day within a few descriptive moments. On the wedding day she also did the hair of two of my girls, and finished all three of us with plenty of time to spare! She was a sweetheart and a breeze to work with, and a genius with updo’s!

Silvana

Married on 06/09/2018

Salina was amazing! She could do any hair style that you ask-truly a fantastic hair stylist! She was accommodating and flexible the day of the wedding. She was such a wonderful person to have do my hair (bride), maid of honor and mother of the bride. Great personality and very professional!

Amanda

Married on 03/24/2018

I can’t say enough amazing things about Salina! She did my hair for my wedding day and was able to create a style even more perfect than what I had imagined. I am still receiving compliments on how amazing she made my hair look! Her talent blows me away. She also styled my mom and bridesmaids, who were all so impressed with her work! She’s so sweet and extremely easy to work with. I would absolutely recommend her to anyone!

E
Erin

Married on 09/28/2017

Working with Salina was absolutely amazing! She made me feel comfortable, she is very confident which helps me relax and enjoy my time.

Aeriel

Married on 09/25/2017

I love Salina! I first found her on Instagram and by just looking at her work I was hooked. I scheduled a trial with her and I was so impressed with how quick and how she nailed exactly what I wanted. She made my special day easy and smooth. She’s super professional and and overall awesome person! If you want no stress on your special day, Salina will definitely take of you!

Kelly

Married on 09/16/2017

Salina is the best! She has some serious natural talent can do whatever you would like to your hair and it will stay all day and night. She did my hair at a wedding where I was a bridesmaid and also did all the girl’s hair at my wedding. She’s especially good at all kinds of braids and curls. Her talent plus her amazingly cheerful and positive attitude make her an excellent person to work with.

M
Megan

Married on 09/01/2017

Salina was a complete life saver. I had done a hair trial with someone else at first and was not happy with the finished product! I was referred to Salina by my hairstylist, who after showing her the picture of what I had envisioned my hair to be, told me that Salina had specialized in this particular hairstyle. I contacted Salina right away and not only was she super sweet over text message, but I was able to schedule my hair trial with her promptly. She came over to my house for the appointment to do a trial on both my mother and my hair, and we both fell in love with her. She was a breath of fresh air, very knowledgeable with her work, and always checking to make sure we were satisfied as she was going along.
On the day of the wedding, Salina ended up doing my sisters hair last minute and had absolutely no issue with adding her in there. My hair turned out absolutely perfect, as well as both my mother and sisters hair. I wish I was getting married every weekend so Salina could do my hair. But even though that isn't happening, I do plan on referring everyone I know to her, and utilizing her to complete max with all my future hairstyle needs.

Thank you so much Salina for making me feel and look so pretty on my wedding day.
I absolutely adore you, and like I told you the day of my wedding, you're now stuck with me and I'm not letting you go! :)

Alex
Alex

Married on 08/26/2017

Words can't express how much I enjoyed this fun hair journey with Salina. She is such a bright spirit and made such a stressful and fast paced time fun and easy! Beginning with the initial inquiry to the hair trial and leading up to the big day she was so organized. She arrived to the big day with ample time and was super flexible with all the ladies getting their hair done. Salina truly felt like another bridesmaid and we were all so lucky to have her?

Kaylee

Married on 08/20/2017

I found Salina on Instagram through a mutual friend. I was so impressed with her work and loved her style. I ended up having two trials and both times she drove all the way to my apartment in Walnut Creek! She's super friendly & talented. I'd recommend her to anyone. $45 per trial & $65 for Wedding style
Note: if you have long or thick hair ask her to try a few different curling methods - she's super accommodating!