Back to Head Over Heels Photography

59 Reviews for Head Over Heels Photography

Featured
Mike

Married on 04/21/2018

I could write about Janice & Davis for extended periods of time (oh & I will! ) but let me start with straight & to the point. If you are looking for a duo to capture all of your best (& maybe vulnerable) moments, customer service at the forefront of their operation, & the images you expect to receive on your wedding day, then Davis & Janice will far exceed your expectations.

Maybe it was just our group but according to the other 50 or so 5-star reviews, it appears that David & Janice are just a dynamic duo that can fit into any group. From the husband’s standpoint, I felt at ease with their directions. Davis even stepped in & educated me on the random black buttons I could use because I was wearing a bow tie! I swear I don't lack is class!

Davis & Janice fit right into our wedding party as if they were friends & family. They kept a great pace with the photos & ensured we had plenty of time to party.

The one thing I asked of my photographer was to capture the natural shots. Many of us men really put up this macho barrier sometimes but when you see your beautiful wife walking down that isle for the first time & everyone in the wedding party stand to their feet, it's a moment that only a camera can capture & they did it. It's a day that flew by in a second but these pictures will continue to remind me forever just how lucky I was to be there that day. The camera doesn't lie & neither do the reviews for this couple.

I considered myself a hobby photographer before I met these 2. I clearly have a lot to learn from what imagery they produced. Photography is a competitive scene so it's rare to hear another photographer admit that someone is better. I have to give credit where credit is due. I was overly happy with their product.

Thank you, Davis & Janice. We will be sure to highly recommend you to all of our friends for their (hopefully) future weddings!

Shayla Molnar

Married on 07/07/2019

Beyond Expectations!

Head Over Heels, Janice and Davis is as fabulous as their reputation! My cousins were married three years ago in Hawaii and Head Over Heels did their photos --- it takes quite a bit to impress me but I will say I was over the top VERY impressed. My husband and I were married a month ago, and we made sure to book Janice and Davis well in advance. We just received our photos and I was in tears! Everyone who has seen them has had the same reaction ---- they were gorgeous. I am absolutely glad that I had them as my photographer for both my engagement photos and wedding day. Our wedding photos were more than I could of ever dreamed of. Thank you so much!

T
Tamara

Married on 04/07/2019

Just Perfect :)

We hired Davis from Head Over Heels Photography for our outdoor wedding, and the photos are absolutely amazing! From start to finish, he was professional and personable. He captured everything we were looking for and then some! Excellent communication leading up to the wedding, too. During the ceremony especially, he captured so many photos of all the different moments, from different distances and angels, in super stealth mode! We didn't even see him coming/going/moving around. He was great to work with and we would absolutely recommend him!

Head Over Heels Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Tamara! I loved being a part of you and Erick's day. I'm so happy you enjoyed the pictures, but I have to admit you guys made my job pretty easy!

T
Tabitha Hill

Married on 03/02/2019

Couldn't be happier!

Davis did an amazing job. We booked him for six hours so that he could take pictures of us getting ready as well as be present for the entirety of the reception. We definitely made the right decision in booking him. He skillfully guided us when taking photographs that required a bit of posing, but also took real-time, natural photos as the ceremony and reception progressed. He was kind and very professional, as well as having some good jokes to help with the nerves before the ceremony started. Most impressively, he managed to get a six-month-old infant to smile during a family photo. Within 24 hours of our wedding, Davis emailed us some "teaser" photographs. These seven or eight pictures were absolutely amazing, and we cannot wait to get the rest. We know that they are going to be just as amazing. Davis truly does great work and we were incredibly fortunate to have chosen him to capture our special day.

Head Over Heels Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Tabitha! That really made my day:) I can't wait to get started on you and Greg's photos!!!

Brandon
Brandon Knight

Married on 01/27/2019

Delivered as Advertised

From the first time I reached out until the moment they left my wedding there was nothing but support and professionalism from this duo. After initial discussions they knew exactly what to shoot, when and how and still left time to be flexible during the actual ceremony and reception to capture what we wanted. All delivered with a calming sense that greatly helped in a hectic day of potential chaos. We've already received a several professionally produced 'teaser' photos that look absolutely amazing and we can't wait to see the rest. This crew is simply the best!

Head Over Heels Photography's reply:

Thank you Brandon for the review. It was our pleasure to be a part of your special day! I'm looking forward to finishing up with your pictures soon:)

Miriam
Miriam

Married on 01/19/2019

Amazing! Beautiful Photos!

Janice and Davis took amazing photos. They were such a great team and captured all of the important moments on our special day. I loved how Janice helped position everyone to make the photos picture perfect. Our sunset photos after our ceremony came out wonderful. They fit right in; even with our loud party. We hope to work with them again in the future as they do such an amazing job. Thank you so much Janice and Davis!

Christine
Christine

Married on 10/28/2018

What a wondeful husband and wife team

Janice & Davis were just a wonderful team to work with to help capture our family/engagement photos first, but caught so many amazing moments from our wedding day! I couldn't be more thrilled and happy have had them as our photographers! They were recommended from a dear friend of mine and I'm so glad it worked out! I would love to use them again for any future special memories we will want to capture and highly recommend!

Kaitlyn

Married on 07/26/2018

Dream Team

Janis and Davis are nothing short of a dream team! They capture the most breath taking moments for each and every couple they work with. Working with them is such a pleasure for myself and my team, they come so prepared, handle each guest with such ease , and always deliver the most beautiful photos. Sunset Grill recommends them to any couple looking for the best wedding photos out there. I love them so much that I wont call anyone else for my own family photos! If there is one thing I know, it is that Head over Heels Photography is the absolute best choice for Your special moments.

C
Carrie

Married on 06/09/2018

Absolutely the best photographer to work with! My hubby and I had so much fun with Davis on our wedding day. The photos are spectacular and so many people are raving about their quality. I highly recommend hiring Davis for your special day!

Katie

Married on 05/12/2018

Janice and Davis were amazing! I as so impressed by the pictures just from seeing the back of the camera. I am looking forward to seeing the final product!

Katie

Married on 05/12/2018

Janice and Davis were awesome to work with! They were very professional and knew what pictures to take. They even printed some and put them into the frame during the reception which was very thoughtful! It was so nice to have some wedding pictures right away. I would highly recommend Head Over Heels Photography.

A
Ariana

Married on 03/17/2018

Davis and Janice are so wonderful to work with! They make you feel comfortable on a day that nerves are running wild! I would recommend them every time!

Staci

Married on 03/10/2018

My wife and I give Davis and Janice FIVE-STARS! As everyone knows, choosing a photographer for your special day is very difficult! After calling around getting several quotes from vendors, Davis stood out to me the most. From the very first phone call we had, he made me feel very comfortable. He was very personable and seemed to understand how important it was for my wife and I to capture all the important moments on our special day. We liked that Head Over Heels offered several different packages and that we were able to get exactly what we were looking for in a packaged deal. We met Davis about 10 months before the wedding for him to capture our Engagement photos. We were very pleased with the images taken. It was important for us to include our puppy son, Morgan, in our engagement session and wedding. Davis was all for having him join both events. He was very patient with us as we got Morgan situated in position and was very good with grabbing his attention to capture the best photos. We first met Janice the day of the wedding and absolutely loved her! She was so sweet and treated the day as if it was her very own. We ran into a stressful time at one point in the day due to rain on the horizon, and my wife told me she was just as concerned as we were and helped to talk her through a tough decision about our ceremony. Every encounter we had with Janice that day, she was always positive and very helpful no matter the task at hand. She knew what important shots we wanted to capture that day and made it happen! Both Davis and Janice were truly amazing to work with and we would highly recommend them. Several of our guests shared with us, after the wedding, some of their thoughts. They complimented on how friendly our photographer were. Their hard work was noticed by all and we were delighted with the outcome. If there was one thing we could have done differently, I think we would have hired them a little longer, maybe one more hour. All in all they were wonderful!

V
Veronica

Married on 03/03/2018

FIVE+ STARS! Davis and Janice are such a wonderful team and was a delight to work with Davis on our special day! He was personable, organized, professional and easy to be around - especially for ten hours! He made everyone feel comfortable with his warm personality and truly is an expert! Two days after our wedding, as our cruise ship was about to disembark, Davis emailed us about 25 “teaser photos”. We were completely shocked and thrilled to start our honeymoon off with his gorgeous pictures. We cannot thank Davis enough for truly capturing the most special moments of the best day of our life.

A
ashley

Married on 03/02/2018

We hired Head Over Heels photography for our wedding that was March 2. Booking with Davis was the best decision I made! I looked at a handful of photographers in the area all online (destination wedding) and none of them were what I was looking for until I found Davis! He made everything very easy and was helpful in answering any questions I had. The day of went perfectly and he knew exactly what kind of pictures I would want in my wedding album. Looking at all the pictures now I couldn't be happier with how they turned out. Davis gave us two versions of most of the pictures and that is awesome because I love seeing them natural and in black and white or edited. All of our family is in love with how they turned out. Absolutely beautiful pictures, highly recommend booking with this company! They are professional and helpful in every way possible. My husband is in the military and Davis worked with us on if there was a change in the deployment (thankfully there wasn't) but it is hard to find a company who is willing to be flexible with a date change and they were and I was so thankful for that. Thank you to this company for helping us capture all the beautiful moments from our wedding day!

L
lauren

Married on 02/17/2018

These guys rock! Your wedding photos are so important - they're one of the few tangible parts of your wedding day that remain - face it, you're gonna box up the dress, the flowers are just a memory, that cake layer in the freezer 'might' get eaten - in a year - and if you have video, you'll look at it, but the PHOTOGRAPHS get posted to your phone, to Facebook, shared with friends, relatives - they're seen all the time!). It's critical to get a photographer that can capture your day, who understands your vibe. Book Head Over Heels! They were awesome -- Davis and Janice were awesome - when we remembered they were there! Other than the formal shots, which were done quickly, so the bridal party could get back to the party, they were not obvious but the photos, oh, the photos! They were not obtrusive, came early, stayed late, were friendly as could be (but more importantly, so good at what they do) and as other reviews have said, got all the shots for things you didn't even know were going on, until you see the pictures. He gave us some of the photos within a day - and they were great.... But when you get all of them (and there are hundreds) you realize that the teasers were just the appetizer, and the whole day was the feast. So many great pictures- we want them all. Davis was very responsive - answered emails within hours (if even that), and called and spoke to bride and groom, mother of the bride, in the months leading up to the wedding to make sure that any questions were answered (even what I know now to be, yes, the stupid ones), and made us feel like we were the only clients planning a wedding. These guys are the real deal. So happy that we found them through Wedding Wire. They made us feel very comfortable, like we were friends, rather than just customers. It was fun and it was easy -- friends have since booked them since for their wedding. Do yourself a favor - Head Over Heels -- one of the easiest decisions ever.

Mona

Married on 02/16/2018

Wow. Booking Head Over Heels was one of the best decisions I have made in the entire wedding process. These guys deserve 100 stars, because 5 are not enough. Davis and his wife Janice were sooooo amazing, professional, kind and easy to work with. I was so happy with them being there. And being part of our wedding.
I love my pictures and everyone has given us so many compliments on them. Unlike other horror stories I have heard from my bride friends, where they waited 6-7 month to get their pictures, I did not have to wait long at all to receive mine.
Originally I had only booked Davis for our big day, but I wanted to have more photos from different angles and started panicking. Davis gave me his professional opinion, but never tried to sell me on anything or persuade me in any direction. That showed me that he really cared about me, my day and my budget and not only his income and business.
He truly wanted me to be comfortable and happy. Thankfully we were able to hire Janice as a second photographer and it was the best decision I could have made. So worth it having both there. They work really well together and make the experience very comfortable. The pictures are stunning and the price is very reasonable.
I would recommend them 100%, you will not be disappointed!

Kimberly

Married on 12/01/2017

Davis and is wife did the photography for our wedding December 1st. And they were amazing, They also performed our engagement photos and since we have a 3yr old it was a little trying at times. But Davis was wonderful and made it a point to include her in everything. They even go as far as printing some photos at the reception and posted them for all of our guest to see and that made my heart happy. I really couldn't have asked for a better couple to do our photos for us. I will definitely use them in the future for family photos. Absolutely AMAZING. Thank you so much for all you did and not only were you our photographers but became friends after this as well. You really made my day so special while capturing so many special moments.

H
Heather

Married on 11/05/2017

Davis was absolutely amazing and I highly recommend Head Over Heels for your wedding! We ended up planning our wedding in less than 6 weeks which is crazy. Davis had an opening and we took it and I’m very glad we did. He was quick to respond, patient, extremely professional, and my entire family loved him! Davis was on time, very creative, and he has a great personality. We got married on the beach where having an experienced photographer is important for correct lighting, etc. The photos were absolutely beautiful and he captured our special day just perfectly. We got teaser shots within days and the final pictures were better than we ever expected. Book him, you won’t be disappointed. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

J
Jennifer

Married on 10/22/2017

Davis and Janice were nothing less than professional from the moment we requested a quote to the moment we said our good byes when our time was up on our wedding day! They captured moments I didn't believe anyone could get (unless it was an actual wedding photo shoot). We look back at the hundreds and hundreds of pictures from our big day and still can't believe that was OUR wedding! It's straight from a magazine! The lighting, angle, and poses were always perfect and very natural! Davis answered all my emails and phone calls/texts in a more than timely manor! He would even get back to you right before or after shooting another event! Janice was excellent at making sure everyone was smiling and more importantly keeping everyone moving in a timely but fun manor. They're the perfect duo and were everything and more I expected from a photography company! I would recommend them to anyone for any event! Just send them a simple request! You will not regret it! The only thing we regret was not taking a photo with them! That's okay we definitely plan on using them again in the future!
THANK YOU again Head Over Heels Photography for capturing breath taking moments from our October 22, 2017 wedding! If I could share my entire album I would!

-Jennifer and Bryon

Simone

Married on 10/21/2017

Head Over Heels Photography should be your first choice for capturing moments from your wedding day. From the moment the photographers arrived (and they arrived early - huge plus), they got to work. They didn't waste any time, they explained their plan of action and captured the most beautiful pictures and awesome moments from our wedding. Prior to your actual wedding day, they ask you if there are any specific pictures you would like for them to capture so take a look at Pinterest to get some ideas but I guarantee that they will capture moments that you would not have imagined on your own. What is also impressive is their creativity and attention to detail. Moreover, you don't notice them when they're taking pictures. My bridal party, family, and friends have all stated at one point or another that they didn't even see/notice the photographers when they were taking our pictures.

Since a videographer was not in our budget, having a large amount of still photos was a must for us and Head Over Heels Photography exceeded our expectations. I can't tell you how many times my husband and I have looked at our wedding pictures and smiled and laughed about the memories of our special day.

Michael

Married on 10/01/2017

Great service, will recommend. Very professional and answered questions in a timely manner.

W
Whitney

Married on 06/03/2017

Davis and Janice were absolutely fantastic to work with. Janice had an eagle eye for the smallest details which people don't normally think about - cell phones in pockets, hair ties on the wrist, etc. The two of them together make such a great team. Our pictures came out so beautiful, especially our sunset beach pictures. I can't say enough how great they were and how highly I would recommend them.

J
Jillian

Married on 05/13/2017

My wedding was a few months ago, I hired Davis a year in advance the whole process and planning went so smoothly! Davis was very easy to get ahold of and responded back very quickly. Unfortunately it rained during my ceremony and with an outdoor wedding I was afraid my pictures wouldn't come out as I hoped. But my ceremony pictures came out great you would never know there was a Florida rain storm in the background and better then that he captured the best sunset pictures I could of imagine. Thanks again! ~ jillian&shane

Megan

Married on 04/18/2017

We hired Davis and Janice for our wedding, and they were worth every penny! They were excellent to deal with from start to finish, and we are in love with our pictures! They captured so many candid moments, as well as all of the pictures on our list (pictures with different family members, and bridal party). We would highly recommend them to anyone having their wedding in the Tampa area. Wonderful people, and superb quality pictures!