Back to High Line Car House

16 Reviews for High Line Car House

Danielle
Danielle Cardarelli

Getting married on 05/09/2020

Amazing atmosphere for a rustic/industrial wedding

So far our experience working with Joy at High Line Car House has been amazing. As soon as we walked through the doors, we knew this venue would be perfect for us. From the brick walls to the farmhouse chandeliers and ceiling height windows, we are extremely excited for our wedding to be held here!

Elizabeth
Elizabeth Palmer

Married on 07/27/2019

Can I get married here every weekend?

The beauty of the venue speaks for itself but the unsung hero is the amazing staff! They were so kind and attentive, I would easily choose to get married here again and again and again! Thank you High Line!

Tanner
Tanner

Married on 06/29/2019

So worth the price

I could not be happier with the High Line Car House! Joy went above and beyond to ensure our entire day went smoothly. The planning process was a breeze and I knew that I didn't have anything to worry about the day of the wedding. The food, venue, and staff are all amazing.

A
Andrea Giovine

Married on 04/28/2019

Amazing Experience!

We had a very non-traditional wedding - we decided to have a surprise wedding that was disguised as an engagement party. They hadn't done anything like this, but were eager to help us figure out all of the details. We were also planning this all the way from Texas and they made it so easy for us! Everyone was blown away by how beautiful the day was, how smooth the transitions were thanks to the staff, and how delicious the food was! It was also so fun to share this day with the staff as they enjoyed our day along with us. I would recommend them to anyone!

D
Darcie

Married on 08/18/2018

We could not be happier with our experience with High Line Car House! We worked with Carly and her fabulous team. They were patient, courteous, fun to be around and responsive to my emails, phone calls, etc. They made sure our wedding day went exactly as planned. The staff was all very friendly and checked on my husband and I (as well as our families) the entire evening to make sure we were taken care of. We have received so many compliments on the venues atmosphere, as well as how delicious the food was! We chose do do heavy hors d'oeuvres, which provided an excellent variety for our guests! I would highly recommend High Line to anyone looking for a fantastic venue for their event.

K
Karen

Married on 05/06/2018

This venue and the staff are exceptional. From all of our meetings with Joy, I was certain everything was going to be amazing! I handed everything over to Joy the day of the wedding, feeling completely at ease knowing she was handling it all! Joy and Karen took extreme care and made certain the set up for the reception was impeccable. They really understood my vision! You also know everything is fantastic when the wedding guests themselves start complimenting the staff for the delicious food and the excellent service they were receiving during our dinner. We cannot thank them enough for making our day extra special and for making our guests feel like the most wonderful and important guests ever!

B
Brandon

Married on 12/16/2017

Beautiful Venue, Professional

From the minute we set down with Ali from Two Caterers to plan our wedding ceremony, reception, and catering we knew we were in good hands. Ali was very knowledgeable and guided us through so many details like a true pro. Our big night went off with out a hitch, and the food could not have been better. I feel like every single guest still talks about how good the food was at the wedding. We could not be more pleased with Ali's and Two Caterer's professionalism, talent, and dedication to making our night so special.

M
Marci

Married on 10/14/2017

We were amazed with the execution by Meghan and High Line. Not only is the space gorgeous and the perfect setting for our daughter's wedding, the food was incredible and the service was flawless. Meghan managed the details responsively, responsibly, and professionally. The day of servers were engaged, fun, and made us feel like our event (one of three weddings that weekend! ) was the most special they had ever worked at. And most important, the experience for the bride, family, and our guests was exceptional.

lennox.baylor
lennox

Married on 09/16/2017

We had an amazing experience with hosting our ceremony and reception here. Great communication (thank you Angela, Joy and Ali! ), gorgeous venue, AMAZING food and the ability to really customize/have a unique experience. The staff was on point, and our guests had a great time as well. We had a relatively low budget and we never felt like we were treated differently because of it. I would recommend HLCH and Two Caterers to anyone!

K
Kate

Married on 03/26/2017

We had our reception this past March at High Line Car House and it turned out wonderful. The team was very responsive to all my questions and was able to make my budget work. Only downside was having to rent the Tuscan Tables ($250 each) and adding the strung café lights ($600). I was able to split with the bride the day before, but if I had to pay solo, it would had been very expensive. Staff was excellent of the day of the wedding, they treated us like royalty. I wish they had multiple linen vendors other than Event Source, the selection was terrible, plus it was very expensive. I ended up going to a vendor in Cali through my florist, Posy.

A
Ali

Married on 12/31/2016

I am so thankful a friend of mine suggested High Line. Everything was PERFECT! We worked directly with Meghan and Carly and they were both incredible. They were prompt in answering our e-mails and overall completely wonderful to work with. Our wedding reception was truly everything I dreamed it would be and I know we have High Line, Two Caterers and all of their staff to thank for that. Our family, friends and guests have had nothing but wonderful things to say about the venue and the food. I have had several of our guests rave about how great the food was. To say I recommend High Line and their staff would be an understatement, they were simply the best!

R
Randi

Married on 11/20/2016

I could honestly write a book about how much we love Carly and her team at High Line Car House. We were able to plan our day with ease, convenience, beauty, and amazing food to boot! Finding a spot where almost everything was taken care of was a big win for us, and helped our budget immensely. The tables, chairs, linens, china, venue, bar, and food were all taken care of. We even held our ceremony in the front of HLCH which allowed for an immediate cocktail hour, which flowed right into our reception. Being a huge DIY bride I was able to provide all the decorations, centerpieces, and backdrop when we arrived for our rehearsal and Kate (our day of coordinator) and her awesome team made my vision into a reality. I cannot even express how amazing it felt as I was waiting to walk down the aisle and see the set-up I had dreamed of. Carly was with us every step of the way, including coming in on her day off to see me before I walked down the aisle. Everyone is still raving about the space, THE FOOD (get the mashed potato bar, trust us), and how much fun they had. We could not have done it without Carly, Kate, Meghan, and the phenomenal team at HLCH. I know I'm gushing but seriously, even though we're partial and it was our wedding, it was one of the best we've been to. Plus, the extra food we had leftover we were able to take some home and donate the rest to those in need. We would do it over and over again, just from all the fun we've had planning and working with this team. Thank you for making #truenerdlove a reality! Xoxo

User5158610

2+ years ago

Carly Zimmer at HLCH was Great! My wife and I got married in Seattle, WA and had a reception two weeks later to celebrate in Columbus at HLCH. We had a great turn out and the food and the venue were perfect for our themed reception. We really enjoyed the venue and everyone that came had great things to say about the style of the building and how awesome the food was. We were really happy with the options available for a brunch reception and would host a gathering at this venue again. It was also a major highlight that this venue was all inclusive regarding tables and set up, they also helped to coordinate with a linen provider near polaris so that we were responsible for ordering our linens but we did not have to pick them up or return them, HLCH took care of that, just one less thing to worry about.

C
christy

Married on 05/31/2014

Deligtful, Beautiful space, wonderful to work with. Great bar and outdoor venuue. Would recommend to anyone planning a wedding.

L
Laura

Married on 04/30/2016

Choosing High Line as our reception venue was probably the best decision that we made in the entire planning process. The staff truly went above and beyond at all times. They never hesitated to accommodate our wishes and were 100% up front and honest about every fee from the beginning so there were no surprises throughout planning. Coordinators, bartenders, wait staff--everyone was amazing! But, the atmosphere made the night. The space looked SO gorgeous and we have received countless compliments on how beautiful our venue was. I would suggest investing in the lighting package ;) We had approximately 210 people attend our reception and we felt that there were the perfect number of guests to fill the space without making it feel crowded while keeping the bar and all tables inside the main space. Then there's the added bonus of the location. Our guests were able to continue the party if they wanted because of all of the great bars and hotels in the area! We would definitely choose High Line if we had to do it all over again!

User4210967

2+ years ago

HLCH is a gorgeous venue and everything on the day of the event was perfect! Everyone went out of their way that day to make sure we were taken care of and that everything went smoothly. We did book fairly early after the venue opened so there seemed to be some issues with occupancy and minimums that were a bit incongruous. Also there were some difficulties with communication and scheduling since we were planning out of state. Overall, it is a wonderful and flexible venue that allows you to make it whatever you want it to be.