Back to Hilton Garden Inn Suffolk Riverfront

20 Reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Suffolk Riverfront

Featured
Natalie

Married on 09/10/2011

My reception was held at the Hilton Garden Inn Suffolk Riverfront, and I can't tell you how impressed all of my guests were with the food and service of this hotel. All of the staff were professional and the food was incredible! We also had our out of town guests stay in the guest rooms and they were all very happy with their rooms! I can't express how happy I was with everything that the Hilton provided! A big heartfelt thanks to the entire staff at the Hilton Garden Inn Suffolk Riverfront!

Shelby
Shelby

Married on 04/20/2019

Spring wedding

We had our ceremony and reception here - our ceremony was outside on the river and it was picture perfect. The reception was inside and was everything we had hoped for - the food was delicious and the whole evening went great! The staff there is amazing - we worked with Felicia, Jackie and Roxanne. They made the whole process easy and were so helpful. The weekend of our wedding Roxanne helped us with so much and really made it so I felt like I didn’t need to worry about anything! Our guests who stayed at the hotel loved it - the restaurant Inside the hotel is great. We couldn’t be happier with having our wedding here!

User5433789

2+ years ago

The staff at the Hilton Garden Inn Suffolk Riverfront made our wedding day and the planning a breeze! They were incredibly flexible throughout the whole process! Several of the venues we looked at were very specific about what time you had to start your wedding and the food/drink packages. The Hilton let us choose what time we started and were very flexible about the menu. I could email, call, or stop by anytime if I had questions. I showed up several times just to look at things because I work nearby and they were always so accommodating. All of the staff was wonderful! It was the perfect place to have a wedding! We rented the presidential suite to get ready and guests had a place to stay after the wedding. I loved that we didn't have to drive anywhere on the day of the wedding. The brick building and river were awesome places to take pictures. The food was delicious and served quickly and efficiently! The bartenders were wonderful as well! Our wedding would not have been nearly as great without the staff at the Hilton! I highly recommend them as a venue for a wedding!

Courtney

Married on 11/21/2015

What a wonderful experience with The Hilton Garden Inn Riverfront. This hotel is beautiful inside and out. The staff and service provided by Courtney Thompson was absolutely top notch. Courtney made the day stress free from beginning to end. She worked with us on each and every detail which was extremely helpful. The food was AMAZING and very affordable. To top it all off, they offered a complimentary stay the night of the wedding which was awesome and also include wine, food, and chocolate covered strawberries... Wow. I don't use the word perfect often but my experience with the Hilton Garden Inn was as close as it gets. Big thank you to the wonderful staff!

Chelsey

Married on 10/04/2015

The Hilton Garden Inn Riverfront is a beautiful location for any occasion. My husband and I viewed several locations for our wedding, and this venue was the ONE! We couldn't be any happier with how things turned out, despite the weather that Hurricane Joaquin brought. All the staff were very helpful, friendly, accommodating and were there throughout the whole day. The food was fantastic, as we received many compliments from our guests. All in all it was a wonderful day from the ceremony to the reception and we all enjoyed our stay. I would recommend this venue for any occasion.

Brittany
Brittany

Married on 06/14/2014

The venue is gorgeous. The veranda out back served as a nice area for the cocktail hour. The reception room was large enough to fit my guests (130). Natalie and her team are great at working with your wedding coordinator to make your day special.

L
Lauren

Married on 05/31/2014

We had our reception here, and it was absolutely perfect! The porch and the river behind the hotel are perfect for pictures, and the venue itself is beautiful and the food was delicious. We worked with Natalie, and she went above and beyond to answer every question we had about the venue. I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for a beautiful place to hold their reception.

Georgian
Georgian

Married on 08/25/2012

I had both my wedding service and the Reception here It was beautiful. The food was delicious I love that they allow me to alter the menu to have more of a island feel! Thanks Courtney!

A
Amanda

Married on 08/22/2010

I worked with events manager Sheri Klym, she was amazing! Everything was perfect and the value for the money was even better. With a lot of planning, we pulled off an entire ceremony and reception at the venue for under 5,000. That included meals for 150 people! It was delicious and elegant, I'd recommend it to anyone! The location is gorgeous, too, it made for beautiful wedding photographs! :)

M
Michelle

Married on 11/14/2009

Very helpful and beautiful! They gave us the wedding of our dreams!

User2537630

2+ years ago

Beautiful facility and being on the riverfront, it makes gorgeous photos.

Charese

Married on 08/21/2010

We had our reception here. We went through 2 coordinators but once we got our third coordinator, Sheri, everything was great.

L
Laura

Married on 05/15/2010

The Hilton turned out to be a wonderful venue for our wedding. Of the problems that we had, most originated from the staff turnover (we had 2 or 3 different contacts in the year that we had the location booked). The original person that we booked with made verbal promises that we later had to fight to keep in the contract when she left. The only other issue that we had was with communication; sometimes the coordinator wouldn't remember conversations (even when I followed up in writing) so we'd waste time rehashing what we already spent a meeting talking about. On the day of, there was a really ugly trailer parked in front of the water where we had wanted to take pictures and the coordinator forgot to tell the bartender that we had an open bar.

Overall, they were very flexible and accomodated all of our requests within our budget needs. It just took lots of rehashing and assertiveness on our part to make sure the follow through was there.

User5325085

2+ years ago

Excellent service, slightly pricey, but wroth it.

Y
Yesenia

Married on 03/15/2012

3.6

I really like that they were able to give me a dsicount to have a block of rooms for my guest and I. I did however have a few issues with guest trying to book them and also trying to get my own room the day of book in. All in all wonderful place and enjoyed the stay.

M
Tamiko

Married on 05/14/2011

2.6

Yes, the place is beautiful itself. My meal was wonderful! My husband and I really enjoyed our meal. The quality and texture was great. My guest enjoyed there meals also. They was talking about it days later. The service on the other hand, was a different story. I shouldn't have to hear (almost a month late)r my guest complaining about the delay and the heat (that mean so much to me), so some decided to leave. As the bride and the groom, we can say is they over book themselves. They schedule another event to end at 1, but didn't end until 30 mins to an hour later. Our other vendors couldn't setup they schedule time. So it didn't allow my ceremony to start at 4. That major incident made my ceremony late and the ceremony was rushed. The room for my ceremony was hot! All I wanted is for my day to go very smooth. Its a one in a life time moment. I feel as a bride with the proper planning and time for error (on the vendor end) it could have been avoided (only if they would have listen). Oh yeah, I had my ceremony there, receptions there, feed 200+ and wedding party and guest booked rooms.

Nika

Married on 10/10/2015

2.4

The Hilton Garden Inn Suffolk is like a beautiful person on the outside who’s a drug abused junky-train wreck on the inside. Our coordinator was not experienced enough to handle the tasks. She originally told me we could do both the ceremony and reception in separate rooms. Then when meeting with her in person she told me we would be sharing the room for both events and that I would have to wait until just two weeks out to book the ceremony room. On the day of the wedding I got to the hotel at 3 p. M and my room wasn’t available until 4:45! My wedding was supposed to start at 6 and it started at 6:45 instead. The staff had the audacity to warn us that we were late! My wedding coordinator spent the rest of the evening rushing us to try to catch up and we missed some very important moments. Christina also invited us to do a tasting. We picked our meal and two days later we got a bill that was nearly $3,000 more than what we were originally quoted! She also failed to notify the staff that we would need rehearsal space so we were only given 10 minutes to rehearse. The nail in the coffin was the night of our wedding when we were told we needed to come back and clean up the reception site before dawn because of another event. Christina had previously told us we could do it the next day. We spent our wedding night cleaning up the venue. Either way, I would advise you not to book this place. They are not equipped to handle weddings or any large event. The problem with the Hilton Garden Inn is that the staff is either too inexperienced or too incompetent or both.

K
Katie

Married on 08/07/2010

2.2

The site was gorgeous the day of our wedding. However it took forever to get responses for my emails when I had questions about the ballroom. The hotel rooms we had blocked for our guests were also all screwed up and I spent several days trying to get all my guests rooms for our wedding (about a month before the big day). Also they forgot meals we had ordered and had to get them together quickly while the rest of the guests ate. I would not recommend this site, if I could have done it different I would have picked a different site for my reception.

User7609237

1+ year ago

1.9

My initial impression with this venue was good however, it spiraled downhill after that. I worked with Brittany, Carla, and Jnel during my experience. At my initial meeting I was told, by Jnel, that I would have three weeks to make my decision before my contract was signed (I had another venue to view the following week and Jnel was made aware of this). I emailed the ladies to let them know that I would like to come and sign my contract, and let my fiancé view the venue. I met with Carla on my next meeting (seven days from my initial meeting) and clearly I could see that Janel had not shared any information with her about my wedding as she was asking questions that were already addressed in my initial meeting. When I asked to sign the contract (because that was the reason I had come) I was told that she did not know I wanted to sign a contract. Huh? It wasn't her fault no one shared any information with her. I emailed Jnel to see what was going on and was told that my date was given away after she told me that she would give me a courtesy hold. Needless to say the communication amongst co-workers in this venue is horrible. If you are up for a headache give it a try!

Nicole

Married on 08/07/2010

1.6

Poor service! Not helpful at all. If it weren't for our families taking the dirty linens off the table from the night before themselves and trying to clean up the room our wedding would have been a disaster.