Back to Hilton President Kansas City

40 Reviews for Hilton President Kansas City

Featured
Miranda

Married on 10/28/2017

We loved hosting our brunch wedding at the Hilton President! The Congress ballroom is beautiful on it's own, so we didn't need to a lot of extra decorations. We were planning from out of state (Illinois) and Marissa Pope, the catering manager, was amazing to work with - she was responsive, detailed, and made us feel at ease throughout the whole process. Marissa and team executed our vision perfectly, from a low lit ceremony to our sun-filled reception - the work done by her team was stunning.

Our guests are still talking about what a memorable day it was and how much they enjoyed staying at the Hilton President. We had quite a few guests from out of town and the staff handled all of our accommodations seamlessly. Our day was beautiful and everything went smoothly; we could not have been happier. Thank you for making our day so special!

Hilton President Kansas City's reply:

Thank you Miranda! We had so much fun hosting your special day. Between the donut display and the Batman officiant, it was definitely one for the books!

C
Christy Renner

Married on 06/22/2019

Mother of the Bride

Our daughter’s wedding reception at the Hilton President far exceeded our expectations in every way! The beautiful ballroom is the perfect place to host an elegant and fun reception! Marissa is a joy to work with and her professionalism and attention to detail are a huge reason the day was such a great success! Best day ever!

Hilton President Kansas City's reply:

It was such a pleasure getting to host this celebration for Shannon and Marty! Wish we could do it all over again ;) Thank you again for your kind words!

Maggie

Married on 05/25/2019

Gorgeous Venue with Almost Everything Included and Responsive Extremely Helpful Staff

I absolutely loved the Hilton President. The venue is gorgeous and service was amazing. I had so many compliments on how pretty the venue was and how good the food was. Something I really liked about the Hilton President is that a lot was included. Since it is a hotel they have chairs, tables, linens, napkins, place settings, food, beverage, and cake cutting service which made things easier with planning. Marissa Pope is the Catering Sales Manager and she is very sweet and helps a lot with the process along with day of coordination. She was an amazing help and extremely responsive.

Hilton President Kansas City's reply:

Aww Maggie, you are too kind! Thank you for your detailed recap of your experience! Wishing we could re-do this day all over again!! :)

L
Lori Haggard

Married on 11/10/2018

Mother of the bride

Our entire experience was absolutely fabulous. Our wedding coordinator was extremely professional and attentive. She handled things so the day of I could relax and enjoy the day. The president offered exactly what our daughter wanted for her classic, vintage wedding. Would recommend 100%!

Hilton President Kansas City's reply:

You all are too sweet! :) This was such a fun day celebrating Emily and Jeff. Thank you for letting us be a part of the big day!

D
Danee

Married on 11/03/2018

p.e.r. f.e.c.t.

The Hilton President couldn't have been a better venue. It was literally worth every penny. Our guests RAVED about the food. Our bartenders were friendly and made great cocktails. Marissa was so easy to work with. She was friendly, receptive, and helped make our wedding perfect. The space to get ready was big and clean. My groomsmen loved the big screen so we could watch football all morning.

The ballroom is beautiful and photographs well.

I can't recommend this enough

Hilton President Kansas City's reply:

It was our pleasure making your dream wedding come true! The planning process was so fun getting to know you all.

Mary

Married on 06/09/2018

Our wedding at the President could not have benn more perfect! From the first meeting with Marissa Pope- to the sevice & food quality at the reception. The friendliness & effecient staff were evident the entire weekend. All of our out of town guests loved the hotel, rooms, service, & proximity to Power & Light!

Hilton President Kansas City's reply:

Thank you, Mary! We absolutely loved hosting Erin and Tyler's reception! It was such a beautiful day :)

L
Leslie

Married on 06/27/2015

I can't speak more highly of the staff and exquisite ballroom at the Hilton President. They are timely in responding and true to their word in execution. I knew I loved the incredible marbled-floor, gold-detailed ballroom but it was the help of the staff with all the planning and great execution that made my wedding day an extra-special, unforgettable experience.

User4059222

2+ years ago

Amazing staff, organization, food, and wedding. You absolutely will not regret your decision. No question.

Nancy

Married on 09/13/2014

The Hilton President was the venue for my daughter's wedding reception 2 months ago in September and it was wonderful. Samie, the Catering Services Manager handled the entire affair from when we signed the contract to the actual event and she was absolutely superb. She's knows this business inside and out, she's very professional, efficient and obviously enjoys what she does. We always looked forward to our meetings with her and had fun during the entire planning process. The food and service was excellent!

Many of our quests were from out of town, stayed at the hotel and everyone was happy with their accommodations. The entire staff at the hotel did a stellar job including the front desk, valets, room attendants and catering. We had a fabulous experience!

Mallory

Married on 11/09/2013

I got married at the Hilton President in November. It was the most beautiful venue I had ever seen. The staff is great the food is fantastic. Although the price is high it was completely worth the money. GREAT PLACE!

User2650104

2+ years ago

Everything about this venue is amazing. The staff is absolutely wonderful. They are so kind and helpful with anything you need and make you feel at ease every step of the way when planning your big day. The food is excellent. The chef only serves the best. Also you can't beat the location and the history of this hotel. Wouldn't recommend any other place except The President! Thank you for making our day so extremely special and perfect.

Nicole

Married on 06/29/2013

I can’t say enough about the Hilton President, Sammie and the rest of the staff. Everything about our wedding was absolutely perfect from the day we booked the venue until all our guests left on Sunday. I truly believe that the President is the most beautiful event space in Kansas City and Sammie was a key person in making sure everything was absolutely perfect on our day. We have guests that are STILL talking about how amazing the wedding was from the food to the space. Both my new husband, myself, Dad and Mom all agree we would do everything the exact same all over again if we could. Thank you!

T
Terri

Married on 06/01/2013

My son and daughter-in-law had their reception here and it was just gorgeous! The staff was warm and welcoming, and the food was excellent. The feel of the President Hotel, with it's vintage charm and stunning architecture, helped to make the day incredibly festive.

I know it's pricey, but if you want a "once in a lifetime" sort of day, this is it!

(Samie could not have been sweeter when giving me a tour ahead of time, and helping me with gift bags for out-of-town guests.)

Jan
Jan

Married on 05/25/2013

Wedding Cocktail hour and Reception Magic!

The Hilton President Kansas City was an excellent venue choice to host our daughters wedding reception! We could not have been more happy with the location, amenities, staff and more. Marissa Pope, is such an asset to this hotel. She not only met with us as many times as we requested; she filled in many of the blanks we had not even considered. From our initial viewing of the ballroom to helping us check in, getting our things from the ballroom back to our hotel room for the evening, working with all our vendors, and making sure several times that evening we had all our needs met, the staff was extraordinary. The entire wedding reception was magical and we give a lot of this credit to the Hilton and their staff. You can not go wrong by choosing the Hilton President!

K
Kristen

Married on 10/07/2011

Beautiful venue, professional and knowledgeable coordinators, delicious food. Everything went off without a hitch and Lindsay and Marilyn were fabulous to work with!

A
Amy

Married on 08/13/2011

The President Hilton staff exceeded my expectations by a long shot! They made my day absolutely amazing and stress free.. Lindsay was wonderful to work with as well as the rest of the staff. They treat you as royality! I would recommend this venue to anyone and everyone. Thank you all so much for making my husband and I day amazing!

Jessica

Married on 06/25/2011

We absolutely loved everything about the Hilton Experience. Our feedback from family and guests have been nothing but the best! They were flexible and personable. Any request they shared their advice and creative solutions. The food was amazing and the venue gorgeous... Couldn't have been a better place to have our reception!

A
Ashley

Married on 03/19/2011

I can not think of a better place to have a wedding. I visited many wedding venues and found that nothing compared to the historical elegance of The President, especially the Congress Ballroom. And, the Aztec Room provided an intimate setting for our ceremony. In the months since our wedding, our guests are still talking about the delicious food, exceptional service, and attention to detail. After the reception, guests enjoyed drinks in the Drum Room and nearby Power and Light District. We really enjoyed having the entire event in one location. Special thanks to Lindsay and Marilyn and the entire Hilton President Staff!

Nicole

Married on 11/13/2010

We absolutely loved the entire planning process through the Hilton President Hotel. Nothing was too little or too big for them to handle for us. From the moment we went to view the Congress Ballroom to the second we wrapped everything up, we received the best customer service possible. They were very accommodating with sticking to our budget, helping our guests get their rooms, working with our other wedding vendors and taking our weekly emails/calls leading up to the big day. You will not be disappointed! The amazing Kansas City view and the great people who work there will make for a fantastic experience.

I
Ingrid

Married on 11/06/2010

Lindsay was one of the sweetest, most helpful young ladies that we have had the priviledge to work with! She was amazing as she helped us work out the details for an Indian barrat ceremony and reception. Neither of us had ever planned such an event, and she was so eager to learn right along with our family. We had several questions, and she was always prompt with the reply. On the day of the reception, I thought she had cloned herself, because everywhere I looked, she was around! Thank You to Lindsay, for a job well done. We continue to receive feedback from our guests that the events were some of the most beautiful wedding parties that they have ever attended. Thanks to Lindsay, who kept a tight watch on our schedule! We all had a grand time.

J
Jeff

Married on 08/21/2010

We worked with Lindsay at the Hotel President and simply put, everything exceeded expectations! Lindsay blew us away! The location is immaculate, the ambience, history, attention to detail, a total dream. Our experience at the Hotel President made our wedding and we wouldn't have changed a thing! Highly, highly recommended!

J
Jessica

Married on 07/10/2010

The Hilton President was an ideal location for our reception. The venue is beautiful, the food delicious, and the staff was exceptional. I'm sure that our group was a handful, but I always received service with a smile every step of the way. I was able to just sit back and enjoy my wedding day, knowing that I had hired the very best to take care of everything. I wouldn't change a thing!

F
Katherine

Married on 06/19/2010

Thanks for creating a gorgeous, flawless wedding reception. Your vendor recommendations were spot on. The hotel staff was impeccable; Lindsay Sanders calmly managed myriad details regarding the reception/banquet and also the room block. The food was delicious—kudos to Teri Brazill. And of course the Congress ballroom is stunning. We wanted the reception to look classic, elegant, and timeless. The Blue Bouquet and your venue made that look come to fruition. Our photographer's husband (who is a photographer as well) said the ballroom looked like a fairy tale. Thank you!

Megan

Married on 05/16/2009

We had or wedding reception at the Hilton President Hotel. Everything was absolutely gorgeous. They have the most beautiful ballroom in Kansas City! The service we received during the months leading up to the big day was phenomenal and the service the day of the wedding was even better. They made everything so easy. I did not have one worry the entire day. Everything went so smoothly thanks to their wonderful staff.

Andi
Andi Rose

Married on 05/11/2019

We weren't treated like just another wedding

Marissa was a pleasure to work with from start to finish. From the first time we met with her, her professionalism and expertise far surpassed many other wedding venues we met with. She went above and beyond to help make sure our day was exactly what we had envisioned by reaching out to a local vendor to help coordinate specifics that the vendor was not originally wanting to do but Marissa made it happen. The only complaint we received was that the lack of soft surfaces within the space made it hard to hear speeches but the beautiful space was well worth it! We will be recommending the Hilton President for wedding ceremony, reception, and hotel services to any of our newly engaged friends.

Hilton President Kansas City's reply:

It was such a pleasure getting to be a part of this amazing day for you and Judson! What a truly beautiful day it was :)