Back to Hilton President Kansas City

41 Reviews for Hilton President Kansas City

Andi
Andi Rose

Married on 05/11/2019

We weren't treated like just another wedding

Marissa was a pleasure to work with from start to finish. From the first time we met with her, her professionalism and expertise far surpassed many other wedding venues we met with. She went above and beyond to help make sure our day was exactly what we had envisioned by reaching out to a local vendor to help coordinate specifics that the vendor was not originally wanting to do but Marissa made it happen. The only complaint we received was that the lack of soft surfaces within the space made it hard to hear speeches but the beautiful space was well worth it! We will be recommending the Hilton President for wedding ceremony, reception, and hotel services to any of our newly engaged friends.

Hilton President Kansas City's reply:

It was such a pleasure getting to be a part of this amazing day for you and Judson! What a truly beautiful day it was :)

User4556861

2+ years ago

The Hilton President is a dream. The food is amazing, the service is outstanding, and the decor is out of this world. Our wedding coordinator,Samie, was the absolute best to work with, she is a total rock star. I could NOT have gotten through the planning or the reception with out her services. She takes care of everything. There were definitely some issues that came up during my wedding that I literally had NO IDEA were happening because Samie handled it with such grace and professionalism. I floated through the night completely happy and oblivious to any sort of issue - as it should be for a bride on her wedding day! She's a real pro, so even though you pay a lot to have your wedding at The Hilton President, Samie is well worth it!

N
Nancy

Married on 09/13/2014

We had my daughter's wedding at the Hilton President this past September and it was wonderful. Samie, the Catering Services Manager handled the entire affair from when we signed the contract, throughout the planning process to the day of the actual wedding. She handled every detail with professionalism and expertise. She made the entire experience very pleasant and easy and we always looked forward to our meetings with her. She knows this business and she is fun to be around!

I also would like to commend the hotel staff who were stellar. Everyone from the front desk, the valets and the catering staff did a great job.

I would highly recommend this venue and working with Samie.

K
Kelley

Married on 11/10/2012

With the downtown tax, as well as the minimum for the room + a service charge on everything, it gets expensive pretty quickly. However, we made the leap. The ballroom is so beautiful. Food was great - guests praised the appetizers and dinner, and we had an awesome time. Samie and the Hilton catering/events staff worked very hard to stay on top of everything for us, and everyone was so gracious, authentically friendly and attentive. Along with the beautiful room (and beautiful pictures we have in the room! ), we really thought the crew at the Hilton made the price worth it.

M
Marisa

Married on 07/09/2011

The Hilton President Hotel was the absolute perfect location for my wedding reception! They truly brought my whole vision of my wedding to life and were incredible to work with throughout the process! Lindsay and Marilyn were the epitomy of professionalism and left no detail and no questions un-addressed. We could not have been more thrilled with our reception and thanks to the President, really had our dream wedding!

S
Sharman

Married on 04/14/2012

4.7

They were very easy to work with. The venue is absolutely beautiful. The food was by far the best wedding food we have had.

User4716342

2+ years ago

What a beautiful location my son and new daughter choose for their wedding. Everyone was so nice and helpful it made it very special. WOW, what a piece of KC history as the President Hotel. All rooms were amazing. Our consultant, Sami was fantastic! From menu planning help to the rehearsal to the day and night of the wedding, she was professional, compassionate and very responsive to all we needed. She enjoys what she does and it shows! Thanks for making their special day one we will always remember fondly.

User3694823

2+ years ago

I would highly recommend having a reception at the Hilton President. The staff is wonderful and helped plan my whole day and organize all of my vendors. The day was simply perfect! The venue is beautiful, the food is fantastic, and the staff is very attentive. It was worth every penny! Our guests commented that it was the best wedding they had ever been to!

Allison
Allison

Married on 05/26/2012

It is a beautiful venue but they get you on the extras. I wouldn't have changed anything because it was so beautiful, just a little pricey.

S
Shelley

Married on 04/30/2011

The Congress Ballroom (and the entire hotel) is incredible. Our wedding was everything we'd hoped for and more. The staff was wonderful, the food great and the ballroom stunning. Marilyn and Lindsay are great to work with!

E
Emily

Married on 03/26/2011

Congress Ballroom is the most elegant wedding venue in the Kansas City area. Wonderful space and decor

T
Tara

Married on 09/26/2009

Everyone at the Hilton President made our wedding day a huge success! They handled everything from start to finish and their staff at the reception was outstanding. We have recieved numerous compliments from our guests on the food from the reception. If I had to do it all over again, there is no other team I'd rather work with. They were wonderful!

K
Kathryn

Married on 03/24/2012

4.3

My husband and I had a great time working with Lindsay (and Marilyn) in planning our wedding day/weekend at the Hilton President. They are both helpful and professional. The hotel itself is one-of-a-kind with its gorgeous jazz-age decor, beautiful ballroom, and other original meeting rooms. We knew this was the place for our wedding the minute we walked into the lobby. And after talking with Lindsay and Marilyn, we felt our wedding was in good hands. :) Though the wedding weekend got hectic at times (eh, it happens... ), Lindsay helped to keep all under control and worked hard to answer any questions we had. Though a few very minor snafus occurred (as is to be expected), overall it was a wonderful experience and we wouldn't change a thing. It was a beautiful day and we're happy we chose the President Hotel.

A
Alysia

Married on 09/18/2010

4.3

The grand ballroom at the Hilton President is gorgeous and the staff is amazing. Our guests could not stop commenting on how delicious the food tasted! This venue is first class all the way! (book your wedding night in the Presidential Suite - it's worth it!)

R
Rachel

Married on 09/05/2010

0.5

I unfortunately had a horrible experience at the Hilton President. Our Wedding "Coordinator" was Lindsay, and she was just awful. There were so many problems the night of the reception, my DJ had to ed up taking over everything. The food was OK. They never let people know that the reception hour was over and the meal would start, so our guests were left unattended. Lindsay was very slow to respond to any of my emails during the planning stages, and did not make me feel valued or special. Additionally, Lindsay did not do what we asked her to do for the day of the reception- the salads the way we want them, room configuration requests, not even congratulating me when she saw me. It is WAY too expensive for the poor service we received. The biggest problem was that they messed up the rooms for several of my family members and made them feel disrespected.
When I talked with them later about my disappointments, the other catering manager was rude to me and did not apologize until weeks later with a short letter.
On top of it all their honeymoon suite is awful- it has 1 tiny window, feels like a cold dungeon.
I would NEVER recommend anyone have their reception here, not until they have a change of "coordinator" staff. Yes the ballroom is lovely, but with bad organization, it is stressful.

D
Dixie

Married on 09/10/2011

0.4

First of all the congress ballroom is stunning and the perfect location for out of town guests. The promise made at the time we signed the contract a year before was we would feel like royality.... Nothing could be further from the truth. Both Lindsay and Marilyn are rude and unresponsive. Through the planning process I had to constantly correct the details on the contract. Little did I know that what was on the contract would not happen anyway. Our guests were not served the dinner we ordered, the bar did not stock the wines we ordered, the liquor ran out on the martini luge, the linens for the cocktail reception were wrinkled and did not match(these were the only linens they furnished) The night before the wedding we got a call from Marilyn informing us that the favors we had cleared with both her and Lindsay could not be used. We were told the day of the reception that the floating candles that come with our package was an upgrade and would cost us $450 more dollars. We had a guest walk in on a staff member going thru his billfold. And finally our final bill was wrong and Marilyn could not figure out that having more people on the bar than we had for dinner was a problem for me. Instead her response was well you signed the contract and that is you owe. If you pick this venue make sure you are very flexable and check your bill.