Back to Hire Juilliard Performers

T
Featured
Tracy

Married on 09/15/2012

Having a Juilliard string quartet play at my wedding ceremony was one of hte best decisions I've ever made. They were professional during the planning process, amazing quality during the ceremony, and cost of fraction of what other vendors were looking to charge. I strongly suggest anyone book this service for any type of event.

Gillian
Gillian

Married on 10/05/2017

This was THE best music experience ever. I know I wanted a live music portion for our wedding, and we thought a violin would be the right touch. Hire Juilliard worked with us to determine our specific needs (turns out we needed a cello to accompany for most of our songs) and they NAILED it! Our group leader was Ken, and he was so responsive and just a complete pleasure to work with. He coordinated a number of team calls leading up to our event and was so personable and professional. He and Chelsea showed up early on our wedding day, and they were just a lovely pair. The music was nothing short of magical, and they were the perfect addition to our night. I am so thankful to have found them, and will scream from the mountain tops how awesome Ken, Chelsea and the entire Hire Juilliard team has been!

D
Eden

Married on 06/10/2017

My (now) husband and I had the pleasure of hiring a Juilliard Performers jazz quartet for our wedding reception. They were prompt, professional, and added such a wonderful atmospheric addition to our wedding. We highly recommended working with them!

Maggy

Married on 05/26/2017

We are so happy with our choice in hiring a Julliard Alumni. We hired a solo violinist for our wedding and Chelsea Smith (the violinist) was great to work with. Wish we had the chance to meet her in person but the wedding day went by too fast! But I do know our guests kept mentioning how great the violinist was. We could not be happier with our ceremony and cocktail hour music.

K
Kristin

Married on 01/16/2016

We hired Juilliard Performers for our wedding and they did a fantastic job. We hired a violinist & a cellist and they performed custom contemporary songs for us as well as classical music while our guests arrived. I cannot recommend the Juilliard Performers more, my contact was highly responsive, very accommodating and very professional.

Miranda

Married on 09/19/2015

We are so, so happy with how our experience with going through Juilliard turned out. The office staff was great and made everything very simple. I explained that we are a little quirky and were looking for something different, and the staff broke down the types of musicians we could book and all the relevant details. We ended up booking a solo jazz trumpet player, Riley Mulherkar, who was CRAZY good. Like, I assume very shortly he will be famous. He played New Orleans style jazz for our ceremony and then led us and our guests in a musical parade to our reception that I will never forget until I am a dead person. It was so perfect. We even marched through another live band and he matched their music and kept walking. What! Just amazing.

It was also super affordable for the quality you get to book a solo performer; I'm sure booking groups gets pricey but this was perfect for us. Can't recommend them enough.

User4536377

2+ years ago

We hired a Juilliard String Quartet for our wedding ceremony and they were absolutely fantastic! The quartet leader, Caeli Smith, was professional, talented, dependable, and flexible. They learned a number of new pieces for the service in addition to accompanying our cantor. They sounded stunning and overall made our wedding mass so much more meaningful and beautiful. Thank you!

User4251264

2+ years ago

We hired two Juilliard musicians, Stephanie Wu and Maria Im, for our recent wedding, and they were both phenomenal. Maria was our violinist during our ceremony, and she also played for the guests before the ceremony began. My only regret is that we didn't have her play for longer! She was incredible and was extremely helpful in helping me decide on music for the ceremony. We then had Stephanie play piano during our dessert hour (which we had in lieu of a cocktail hour). Again, she was amazing, professional, and prompt, and everyone loved listening to her play. Katherine Howell at Juilliard was incredibly helpful in organizing the musicians and their contracts. I would absolutely use Juilliard if I ever need to hire musicians again.

User3358704

2+ years ago

The Juilliard team was flexible and communicative and helped us decide to hire a solo cellist for our ceremony and cocktail hour. We worked with cellist Philo Lee on the program and scheduling and could not be happier with his professionalism and flexibility. His music was a beautiful addition to the ceremony (he timed his program perfectly!). We can't recommend Juilliard and Philo enough.

K
KP

Married on 06/01/2014

I got married at the Cop Cot in Central Park with a string trio and it was amazing! I absolutely recommend these Juilliard performers for any special occasion. The beautiful music made our ceremony extra special. Thank you, Katherine Howell, Danny Kim and his group for sharing your wonderful talents with us. A++++

marsha

Married on 01/05/2014

The musican I engaged for my wedding , Rose Marie Bart, a solo cellist, was outstanding! The administrative office at Juilliard was helpful and prompt in getting me set up with a musician. Rose Marie and I corresponded via email to manage the details of what she would play during different parts of the ceremony. She came up with good suggestions based on the details I gave her. I thought the price charged was very fair. And given the quality of the musican it was a bargain! Everyone at the wedding (at which there were several accomplished musicians as guests) raved about the music. I could not have been happier!

R
Rebecca

Married on 06/01/2013

Very professional, very talented musicians! Was so happy to have them play the ceremony music at our wedding. It was perfect!

A
Amanda

Married on 05/26/2013

We hired a classical guitarist to play during our ceremony, cocktail hour and seated dinner. For the ceremony we had specific song requests that he learned and played beautifully. The Juilliard School and our performer, were incredibly easy to work with and I recommend them to any couple looking to add live music to their event.

A
Abram

Married on 05/04/2013

We could not be more thrilled with the string quartet, led by Colin. Not only was their performance exactly as flawless as you’d expect from a world-class conservatory; they were also incredibly easy to work with throughout the process: attentive, professional, and full of great ideas. When we requested songs not traditionally played by a string quartet, Colin met the challenge and personally arranged or sought out arrangements to fit the quartet. Every member (Colin, Maria, Henry and Cong) showed up dressed for a wedding, were polite and affable, and played beautifully. A brilliant decision to hire these guys.

John

Married on 10/06/2012

Terrific experience. The value, apart from the fabulous musicianship, is in not having to give a second's thought to who to book. Juilliard is a fantastic brand. You know the artists are the best. They are consumate professionals. The booking experience is excellent and simple. With all the things to worry about for a wedding, this is not one of them.

N
Nicolle

Married on 10/06/2012

Meta was amazing! She was extremely accommodating to our rain backup (pushed everything back an hour for us) and she played beautifully. Everyone loved her, she was professional and very nice.

John

Married on 10/06/2012

There is nothing to think about when you hire Juilliard. How many things can you say that about when preparing a wedding? We hired a five piece jazz ensemble (guitar, bass, piano, drums and sax) for the cocktail portion of our reception. Wholly professional, talented, played 2 hour was barely a break. I am looking for other occassions to hire them. Our wedding guests love it.

User2768832

2+ years ago

We hired two musicians (Colin Stokes-cello & Lisa Kim-violin) for our wedding on October 6th, 2012 & they were outstanding. Given their background at Juilliard, we knew they were going to be outstanding musicians and incredibly professional, but they exceeded our expectations. I already have recommended "Hire Juilliard Performers" to friends for future events & would continue to do so, without the slightest hesitation, in the future.
Best,
Ron M.

C
Christine

Married on 10/06/2012

Very professional and a great value. I hired a Julliard string duo to perform at my ceremony and happy hour. After hiring Julliard, the team captain Mitch Lyon reached out to me to coordinate details and help me choose music. He was very organized and knew exactly what he was doing and what questions to ask. I knew I wouldn't have to worry that anything would go wrong with the music. He was very thoughtful and helpful in guiding me through the music selection becuase I knew what vibe I wanted but hadn't come up with specific songs. It was perfect and memorable. Absolutely no issues.

T
Teagan

Married on 09/22/2012

The music was beautiful and the musician was very helpful in providing suggestions for music befitting the occasion and the instrument she was playing.

User2680423

2+ years ago

The Juilliard School makes it very easy to hire their wonderfully talented musicians. I hired a string duo. They will work with you and play from the list of pieces you chose. They sounded superb at my ceremony and my guests were very impressed.

User2663537

2+ years ago

I'm very happy to have hired the Juilliard String Ensemble. Everything went smoothly, from the planning to the event. They were flexible and did a wonderful job - I was especially thankful that they were able to transcribe the exact pieces I had envisioned for my wedding. Thank you!

Joe

Married on 09/01/2012

We had 4 specific pieces that we wanted. The musicians transcribed the music, learned it and performed it beautifully. They were of the highest virtuosic level. You can really tell that Juilliard is concerned with maintaining their reputation by only sending their best musicians.

User2666766

2+ years ago

We hired a string trio from Julliard to play at our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. They were wonderful! The team at Julliard were very informative and accommodating. They helped with song selections and in making sure our special requests were met. The day of they arrived early and were extremely professional. Most importantly the music was phenomenal.

S
Sheavonne

Married on 07/21/2012

Thank you so must for performing great music for my clients wedding ceremony.