Back to Historic Jasmine Plantation

D
Featured
Diane

Married on 01/06/2018

Due to an unexpected change in our wedding date and location, we were very nervous about finding a place to host our wedding with such short notice. We literally only had 2 months to plan from scratch. BUT, by God's grace, we found the Historic Jasmine Plantation! We set up an appointment with Don and Ashley and fell in love with this gorgeous plantation on the spot. Don and Ashley not only went above and beyond to not only work with our rushed planning, but made the planning process stress-free by offering help with everything including vendors. Our wedding was on January 6th, 2018 and we all can recall that was the weekend of Richmond's historic snow storm and record low temperatures. It was below 0 for most of our wedding weekend, but the staff at the Jasmine made sure our wedding did not suffer due to mother nature! They did EVERYTHING within their power to make our day the most loving, romantic and happy event of our lives. They worked around the clock to remove ice/snow, make our guests comfortable and ensure my husband and I had everything we needed. All in all, we were 1000% satisfied! If you are planning a wedding in the Richmond/Williamsburg area... PLEASE check out this beautiful venue. Whether you are planning a pretty spring/summer wedding or a wedding in the dead of winter like mine... The Jasmine will ensure your day is the best of your lives. Thank you, Jasmine Plantation!

Historic Jasmine Plantation's reply:

Your wedding was so beautiful, and we loved spending the time with you in the unexpected winter wonderland :) You and Ron are truly such special people and your love is evident to all who meet you! We hope to stay in touch for years to come!

Kara
Kara

Married on 06/29/2019

Seamless Wedding

I had my wedding & rehearsal dinner at Jasmine in June 2019 and it was AMAZING. Everything was made so easy through Jasmine, down to renting linens. The chapel in the woods made for breathtaking pictures. The light in the tent made the nighttime reception feel like a dream. I loved having the option to spend the night at the plantation the night before and after. It took the wedding experience to the next level. I cannot imagine getting married anywhere else. I can honestly say that i have nothing bad to say about Historic Jasmine Plantation.

J
Jordan P

Married on 10/27/2018

Jasmine Was The Only Wedding Venue We Checked out

Sometimes you just have to go with your gut and book the only venue you’ve seen in person. We fell in love with the place instantly and were told by a family member that she “couldn’t imagine us getting married anywhere else”. Get the full weekend package, you won’t regret it. And BOOK EARLY. I cannot stress that enough. Don, Eileen, and Ashley were amazing people to work with! And in case I forgot to mention, BOOK EARLY!

D
Diosa Montes

Married on 10/08/2018

Perfect For An Outdoor Wedding!

The Historic Jasmine Plantation was the first and only venue my partner and I visited. We both knew that we wanted to be married here after the tour. The grounds are beautiful for an outdoor wedding! The location just fitted my style and vision for our big day. The people at the Jasmine are simply the best. Don and Ashley were always quick to answer any of my questions. I enjoyed all of our small chats every time I had to be there for something. They truly care for their couples and make them feel welcomed! I couldn't thank them enough for all their patience, time and work they did for us. My partner and I got married in October. It was indeed the happiest day of our lives. The venue, of course, played an integral role in making this day so magical. :)

N
Nora H

Married on 10/06/2018

October wedding

We recently had a wedding at Jasmine Plantation and everything was so beautiful and truly perfect! They really went above and beyond to make sure everything ran smoothly for us and we can't thank them enough! We will forever treasure the memories we made here!

Abigail

Married on 08/11/2018

Everything about my wedding at Jasmine was spectacular. My family was all coming from out of town, so many of us stayed at the Jasmine for most of the week before the Saturday ceremony. The staff and the house was incredibly accommodating and comfortable. I could not have asked for a better place to spend quality family time and to celebrate my marriage. What stood out to me the most was how dedicated the Jasmine family was at making sure they catered to our exact needs and vision for the day. Each wedding is different and reflects the couple in a special way. Their dedication to making it unique and personal made a big difference.

Shannon

Married on 05/19/2018

Best Wedding Venue!

We cannot thank Jasmine enough for providing such an amazing setting to get married in and such an accommodating home for us to stay in! Don did such an amazing job building the chapel in the woods and we are so grateful that his vision gave us the perfect setting for our day. All of our guests could not get over how beautiful the venue was and neither could we! We would absolutely recommend this venue to anyone looking to get married in a gorgeous spot with great people to work with. Having all of our bridal party be able to stay on site was so convenient and stress free. Jasmine is the best!

P
Pietro

Married on 05/19/2018

Excellent Experience!

My wife and I got married at Jasmine in May and we could not have been happier with the venue. From the ceremony spot, to the attentiveness of the owners, to the beautiful property - everything was perfect and above and beyond what we could have hoped for. We would recommend this venue to anyone looking for a top notch welcoming place to have their big day!

Alicia

Married on 04/28/2018

Will forever remember

Jasmine was our dream come true. It met all of our needs as a venue and surpassed them when we met the wonderful family that runs the venue. It felt like we were apart of the family from day one, and truly added to our overall experience. 8 months later and I still hear from so many guests how wonderful our venue was. I truly attribute it to Jasmine and the staff for creating a peace filled atmosphere for our wedding day.

T
Theresa

Married on 11/11/2017

Mr. Smith and Ashley were incredibly accommodating. We toured the venue a couple times, no problem. They set up tables and chairs and offer additional set up options as well. They were very organized and professional. Their recommended vendor list was exactly what we needed. Most of our vendors came from their list. The bed & breakfast was beautiful and made us and photographer happy.

Historic Jasmine Plantation's reply:

Thanks so much for the review, Theresa! Your big day was absolutely breathtaking (we're so excited to see all the photos!), and you were an absolute joy to work with. You are such a thoughtful and genuine person, and we wish you many years of happiness ahead! We hope to see you again soon :)

Amber

Married on 08/20/2017

We could not have asked for a better wedding venue than the Jasmine Plantation. The owner, Don, was very flexible from the start. He provided us with a wonderful package that fit our budget well, even though it may not have been the most convenient for him. He took an interest in getting to know me and my wife from the start, so that he could provide the best service possible. It was difficult for us to find time to visit and perform walk throughs, but Don always made it work, and was available at many different times. When we needed to come up with a rain plan and adjust our seating, Don took several hours to sit down with me and discuss this. He also provided us with a list of tons of vendors to help us make our wedding day wonderful! The location was absolutely beautiful, there were no mosquitos the day of, and everything was set up for us when we arrived. We highly recommend The Jasmine Plantation to all who desire a beautiful, quaint, and rustic wedding and reception venue.

Historic Jasmine Plantation's reply:

Thanks so much for choosing Historic Jasmine! You two are such genuine and caring people, and it was an absolute joy to get to know you and to be a part of your day. We wish you all the happiness in the years ahead, and we hope to keep in touch! Congrats again!

C
Candid

Married on 07/28/2017

The best way to describe Historic Jasmine Plantation and the services offered by Mr. Don is AMAZING!
First of all the grounds is BEAUTIFUL. The house is so quaint and welcoming. My grandmother sat on the porch for two hours before the ceremony was set to begin. She was enjoying the calmness and quietness of nature.
Mr. Don was so great. He was extremely helpful and accommodating. Whenever I came to the venue, he and I would just end up chatting away. He has a very sweet loving spirit.
If you are looking for a wonderful venue, take a visit to Jasmine Plantation. I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

Historic Jasmine Plantation's reply:

We LOVED celebrating with you and your family! Your ceremony and reception were gorgeous, and you were truly a joy to work with! You RADIATED love on your big day - and that is what we live for in this business! Keep in touch :)

Alex

Married on 09/04/2016

Oh man, where do I even begin with this amazing venue?! My husband and I completely fell in love with it, and it was the first one we looked at! We actually cancelled any other appointments we had after viewing this one. It's VERY reasonably priced, and with how beautiful it's set up, you barely have to add any decorations yourself! Melissa, the manager, helped coordinate the wedding and was an absolute godsend! She's extremely knowledgeable, and was always straightforward and helpful when it came to the best options for details, vendors, etc. We went out to the venue quite a few times to meet with her, and I must have emailed her a million times, but she was so quick to respond and ALWAYS friendly and helpful. She actually baked our cake topper and cupcakes for the wedding, and they were beautiful and delicious! The venue itself is so charming, secluded, and surrounded with gorgeous flowers and scenery. The reception tent was my favorite thing about it! The brick flooring, hanging lights and chandelier were gorgeous. (And included! ) We held our cocktail hour in the Magnolia Room and the outdoor terrace, and of course Melissa made it look perfect. The fun thing is that there are SO MANY places to take amazing photos. There's a lighted gazebo, swings, decorated benches, fountains, etc. It also comes with great plan B options for the ceremony if it rains. We chose to have our ceremony in front of the pergola, which turned out beautiful. The owners of the plantation are very sweet, and between them and Melissa, they were extremely accommodating and made sure everything was perfect. Melissa was also our day of coordinator, and I don't know if it would've run as smoothly without her! One thing to keep in mind is the venue is in the middle of nowhere, so if you have big drinkers, I'd recommend a transportation service like we had. I couldn't have imagined a more perfect venue for our wedding! I would highly recommend taking a visit!

B
Bridget

Married on 08/20/2016

Beautiful. All inclusive. Friendly. Welcoming. Clean. Comfortable. Flexible.
This venue was everything and more from the amazing communication and assistance with planning to the perfect host for ceremony, reception, rehearsal dinner, and getting ready site and lodge for the wedding party. So many picture perfect parts of the bed and breakfast and grounds makes you fall in love as soon as you see it.

Samantha

Married on 10/25/2015

This Plantation was absolutely gorgeous. The gardens, statues, and bridge over the pond made for the most beautiful Wedding Ceremony I could have every imagined. The reception tent was also just as wonderful. It already had strung lights and a chandelier that was hung so elegantly, we couldn't wait to dance the night away. The owners were very inviting and helpful in making our day as special as it could be. I definitely recommend this venue to any and all! Affordable, lovely, and already set up for you!

User4129181

2+ years ago

This venue was absolutely perfect! The owners were always available and extremely friendly. The site was setup perfectly and the entire day went off without any issues. I would absolutely recommend this gorgeous plantation to anyone planning their wedding!

User4445932

2+ years ago

Have booked our rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception at this site. The owners and even coordinator have been nothing but extremely helpful and professional with the whole process so far. Have complete vendor flexibility, and the site is absolutely GORGEOUS (the tent is STUNNING!). Grounds are very well kept and there are LOTS of places on the grounds for photos!
They'll even let you do all your engagement photography there prior to the wedding as long as you give them advanced notice - for NO EXTRA CHARGE!
So excited to have our special day take place here!

C
Chelsea

Married on 10/12/2014

The Jasmine Plantation was perfect! From planning to the day of they were so helpful and everything turned out amazing!

K
Kevin

Married on 10/05/2014

My bride and I had our wedding ceremony and reception here on a Sunday in October. It was beautiful and I am so glad the weather permitted for a nice outside wedding. If it had rain, they do provide an area to have the ceremony as well. The inside of the house is really nice and rustic looking as well. We didn't stay overnight, but I imagine it would have been nice too. The home owners were AWESOME! They replied back with information promptly and during the wedding day and anytime we came to visit or set up, they stayed back and provided any assistance we may have needed. The reception area was just as wonderful as the ceremony area. There was a tent in the back that fit well over the 100 guests we had. The price was well under the budget we were looking at. The venue provides a list of caterers you may use, but you are welcome to use whom ever as long as you let them know. When the venue gets dark, their are gorgeous lights set up all around the venue with terrific places to take pictures before and after dark. At the end of the reception, we were allowed to use sparklers for the guest to light our way out which was beautiful as well. I could not have had a better experience here and I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone who is looking around the area for an outside wedding.

M
Michelle

Married on 08/16/2014

I was recently married at the Historic Jasmine Plantation 8-16-14, from the 1st moment we saw this beautiful venue last year we knew this was the place. We instantly fell in love with this place, and it met all our needs. Its a great place if you want to have your rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception all in one area. They also Have package that include there 7 beautiful rooms, which come in handy when you have a big bridal party. Don and Kayla are very friendly and will help you out anyway possible. All my questions was answered within 24hours... Also The Jasmine Plantation allows for outside catering which is great! If your looking to have beautiful outdoors wedding, and not be worried about anything going wrong then def book with the Jasmine plantation. Don and Kayla will take great care of you, and will looovvveeee how your special day turn out.

User4334257

2+ years ago

I had my wedding here and it was GORGEOUS! From the first time I visited (8 pm on a rainy Wednesday night) my husband and I fell in love with this place. Don and his staff were very helpful with the decisions and questions we had. The venue is a great place for an outdoor wedding, from the house to the flowers to the pond and gazebo. The pictures you will have of your wedding here are beautiful. We will highly recommend this place to anyone! Make sure to stay there too! They have 7 rooms, all wonderful!

Suzanne

Married on 05/24/2014

My daughter's wedding was held at Jasmine Plantation on 5/24/14. This was the most beautiful place to have a wedding and reception. Don & Eileen Smith, Ashton Smith and Kayla Arnold were the nicest and most accommodating folks I've ever worked with. The Plantation House was amazing! It was so inviting. Also, very clean. The grounds are spectacular! Beautiful gardens, statues and lighting are every where you turn. The reception was held in the big tent behind the house. It couldn't have been more perfect. You can tell that the owners love the Plantation by what they do to keep it such a showcase. If anyone is looking for a venue for their wedding, please contact the great folks at Jasmine. You won't be sorry!

J
Joseph

Married on 04/05/2014

We were looking for a beautiful outdoor venue to have our wedding and after searching in the Northern Virginia area where we lived, we were unsatisfied with the options available given our budget and wants. We expanded our search farther south, which included the Jasmine Plantation and couldn't be happier with our choice. We were walked through the plantation, which includes a permanent covered tent, covered outdoor patio area, gazebos, and a recently added bell tower, among the many beautiful landscape. We loved that Jasmine had no restrictions on vendors AND provided us with a list of preferred vendors to get us started. Anytime I contacted Jasmine, my emails were responded to promptly. A couple of weeks before the wedding, our caterer contacted us requesting to do a site visit with our venue. I hadn't been aware of this and had to contact Jasmine requesting to come visit on very short notice. They said we could come the next day and Don was there greet us and help walk myself and the caterer through any questions we had.

The owners kept out of sight as we did our rehearsal, but we were able to easily call Don's cell phone from the number left in the kitchen of the inn when we needed to that evening. We were also able to use the Magnolia Room for our rehearsal dinner, as well as teapots and tea from the inn that were left out for us. A refrigerator for guests was also available for us, which helped us store a cake for one of the party member's birthday, as well as leftovers from the event. A lovely breakfast spread was laid out for all the parties that had spent the night both Saturday and Sunday and I ran into Don and Eileen walking the grounds setting up for our big day. All the chairs for the ceremony were set up and the tables and chairs for the reception were in place under the covered tent according to the table layout we had picked. Everything was great, thanks so much for everything!

User4153350

2+ years ago

The Smiths are so kind and easy to work with. The venue is so affordable, and they're so flexible about doing what you want to do. We go there Friday evening, set everything up, had our rehearsal dinner, stayed the night, got married on Saturday, stayed the night, and they provided us with a beautiful breakfast.

Alison

Married on 11/23/2013

Don and Eileen were a pleasure to work with. Jasmine was the first and only place we looked for a venue and quickly fell in love. The price is amazing and scenery is perfect. They were quick to respond to all questions and helped us GREATLY along the way.