Back to Holly Hills Country Club

Katrina
Featured
Katrina

Married on 10/06/2018

Holly hills was the perfect
Place for our dream wedding!
The venue itself was gorgeous, with an outdoor ceremony and an indoor reception that led out to the patio. They were flexible with our event decorator and even accommodated us having a horse and carriage! They brought us down to super cute bridge for our first look. We had so many compliments from our guests about the venue and the food and drink being delicious! We could go on and on about how perfect our wedding was but we can't thank holly hills enough for providing us with the opportunity to have our fairytale wedding come to real life!

Holly Hills Country Club's reply:

Katrina-thank you very much for the thoughtful review. We're so happy we were able to make your fairy tale wedding a reality.

Stephany
Stephany Ponciano

Married on 08/24/2019

An amazing day!

I could not be happier with my venue. From the beginning everything from the price to food and decor was great! It was a pleasure to work with Jessica and Rachel! We have gotten nothing but compliments on the the venue and the decorations and how well put together everything was.   I could not have been happier with the services they both provided. I did not feel stressed for a single minute and I appreciated that they were both there to help me every step of the way especially with their patience with me with all of my list minute changes. Thank you so much, we were so lucky to have Holly Hills as our venue for our special day.

Holly Hills Country Club's reply:

Stephany-we're thrilled you were so happy with your venue choice. We hope to host future events for you and your family.

S
Sadie Davis

Married on 06/21/2019

Best venue for the best day!

We are so happy that we had our wedding at Holly Hills! The staff are professional and helped us each step along the way in planning (and answered every email and question! ) Although we do not live local to Holly Hills, we never felt as if we were out of the loop. The staff helped our wedding day run smoothly, even when we had hiccups, and having Jessica as a wedding coordinator was such a huge help to us. We also had a tight budget and were able to get the best bang for our buck at Holly Hills. They remained flexible with us and fit our needs. The venue itself is gorgeous, but we were able to bring a lot of our own decorations as well. The staff allowed us to bring everything we needed for the wedding over the night before and they provided a place for the bridal party to get ready the day of. The staff worked well with vendors and gave our photographer a golf cart to use for our photos. We and our guests loved our experience with Holly Hills!

Holly Hills Country Club's reply:

Sadie-thank you for the stellar review. We're so happy you and your guests had an exceptional time.

Ashleigh
Ashleigh Marie Wheelock

Married on 04/19/2019

Planned in 2 weeks!!

Originally my husband and I had planned to do a courthouse ceremony, but I reached out to Kris at Holly Hills on a whim to see if there would be anyway we could do a small ceremony on the front balcony. He called me right away and without any hesitation said absolutely! That was 2 weeks before our planned date. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect venue for our small (25ppl) ceremony! Thank you to Mary Kathryn, Taylor and of course Kris for everything that you all did to make our day perfect!

Holly Hills Country Club's reply:

Ashleigh-thank you for the awesome review. We're so happy we were able to make your dream day a reality so quickly!

E
Emily Hogan

Married on 03/23/2019

Dream Come True

There is absolutely nothing negative I can say about Holly Hills! My husband and I planned our wedding in 4 months and it would not have been possible without Jessica and the team at Holly Hills. From the first visit we felt like we were a part of the family. My husband and his buddies played golf the morning of while me and my ladies got ready at the club. The picture perfect views made for an amazing backdrop for photos of all kinds. I honestly couldn't have had my dream day without this place!

Holly Hills Country Club's reply:

Thank you for the awesome review. We're so glad the planning process was as effortless as possible. We with you both a lifetime of happiness.

Kaitlin
Kaitlin

Married on 11/03/2018

Perfect Wedding with Amazing Staff!

I have nothing but kind words to say about Holly Hills. Being active duty Army, planning our wedding was very overwhelming at times considered I was deployed for most of the process. Jessica and Taylor were incredible and answered any questions/concerns I had in a very timely manner. The day of our wedding went smoother than I could even imagine! The staff was wonderful, food was delicious, and overall experience was incredible. I highly recommend Holly Hills, I wouldn't change a thing about our big day. The staff made sure everything was perfect and handled every detail from table set-up to calming my nerves! Incredible venue.

Holly Hills Country Club's reply:

Wow Kaitlin-thank you for the incredibly kind words. We're so glad everything went better than you planned for your BIG day. We're so happy we were a part of it. We wish you both a lifetime of happiness.

J
Jessica

Married on 10/20/2018

October Wedding

Holly Hills Country Club is a beautiful venue with great staff. Everyone was so helpful and fun to work with, and especially accommodating with our day-before seating floor change. HHCC has a large menu of delicious hor d'oeuvres and main courses to choose from, everyone is bound to find something they like. So glad we chose HHCC for our wedding!

Holly Hills Country Club's reply:

Thanks for the awesome review Jessica! We’re so happy you all had a great day. We wish you and Nathan a lifetime of happiness.

L
Lindsey

Married on 10/07/2018

Perfect wedding venue!

My (now) husband and I were looking to have a small, intimate, and more-affordable wedding, and that is exactly what we got at Holly Hills Country Club. We had our wedding on a Sunday in October, and our outdoor ceremony on the hill was beautiful. There are many different places around the golf course to take pictures

Jessica was amazing throughout the planning process, and Taylor was with us on the wedding day to help the day run as smoothly as possible and assist us with anything we needed. Jessica provided us with a list of recommended vendors that helped make planning easy.

We looked at other venues, and I think we definitely got the best "bang for our buck" by choosing Holly Hills. If you are looking to get married in the Frederick MD area, I highly recommend checking out Holly Hills Country club for your venue!

Holly Hills Country Club's reply:

Lindsey-thank you for the kind words. We're so happy you all enjoyed your day. We wish you both so much happiness.

Kelly Baker

Married on 10/06/2018

Very courteous, professional and with a great attention to detail.

We loved this venue. They provided everything we needed or wanted for our special day. (One of their staff even had to run to the store for a garter for the toss because it was forgotten. ) They created a special menu for us as we wanted to have breakfast for dinner. The food was amazing. All of our guests were pleased and our reception was beautiful. Highly recommend.

Holly Hills Country Club's reply:

Kelly-thank you for the awesome review. We're so happy you all enjoyed the special menu. We wish you both a lifetime of happiness.

S
Stacy

Married on 09/28/2018

Holly Hills Country Clubs was amazing; both Jessica and Taylor were attentive and made the experience wonderful. Jessica was available for every step of the way and had answers to any problem I foresaw. On the day of the wedding, Taylor went above and beyond to make sure both myself and my husband were comfortable, happy, and taken care of. HHCC took care of all the set up for decorations and the cleanup which helped immensely. I would highly recommend to anyone.

Holly Hills Country Club's reply:

Stacy-thank you for the awesome review. We can't wait to see more photos of your special day. We wish you both a lifetime of happiness!

T
Tiffanie

Married on 09/22/2018

Holly Hills was SUPER accommodating. They were willing to move up our wedding months in advance and even in a time crunch were able to make it the most special and stress free day of our lives. They took care of everything, all we had to do was give them a vision! The venue is beautiful and all of the staff are very pleasant/willing to help make your dreams come true. Mary Kathrine ran our wedding day, and everything was executed perfectly, she did a great job. The food was delicious, the drinks were awesome. The only thing we didn’t like about the venue and experience is that it had to come to an end!

Holly Hills Country Club's reply:

Tiffanie-thank you for the awesome review. We're so happy we were able to move up your wedding and make it a stress-free day for you all. We wish you both a lifetime of happiness.

Marie

Married on 09/15/2018

Wedding Review

Holly Hills was the perfect place to get married! The venue was just what I was looking for - handicap accessible, we had the whole venue for the day, options of indoor/outdoor spaces for ceremony and reception, and within budget. I can't say enough good things about Jessica and her staff. Everyone was very friendly and Jessica was amazing to work with. She answered all my questions and was always available for any last minute requests. The food was delicious on the wedding day. MaryKathryn (our coordinator that was provided) was a big help setting/cleaning up and directing traffic, so I didn't have to worry about it. There was plenty of photo opportunities including the covered bridge. Everything turned out beautifully and this would be a great location for future brides!

Holly Hills Country Club's reply:

Thank you very much for the kind review Marie! We wish you and Sean a lifetime of happiness together.

C
Clarissa

Married on 08/12/2018

They are just the best! Jessica, the director of special events is wonderful. They are professional, responsive and flexible. We planned to have an outdoors wedding ceremony but it rained so Mary Katrhryn, our day of coordinator (yes, you get a coordinator! ) and the staff moved the ceremony indoors and it was perfect. They took care of every detail. The food was great. All the picky eaters inside our family loved it. Andrew our guest and I had an amazing time.

Holly Hills Country Club's reply:

We're sorry it rained on your special day. Mother Nature can be difficult sometimes. They say rain on the wedding day is good luck! Thank you for the awesome review. We wish you and Andrew a lifetime of happiness.

B
Brittany

Married on 08/11/2018

Can I just say wow! Holly Hills truly made our wedding day so special! We knew the first time we visited Holly Hills- that’s the place. I am so happy we decided on Holly Hills!
Everyone from the general manager- Kris, to Jessica- director of special events, to Mary Katherine who was our wedding day coordinator was such a pleasure to work with and truly cared about our guests and us! The day of, everything ran so smoothly and we didn’t have to think of one thing. Mary Kathryn even personally ran interference before our entrance into the reception, so we could have a minute to breathe after all our pictures! Mary Kathryn truly orchestrated our day beautifully. The food was absolutely amazing and cooked to perfection, the drinks were plentiful, and the room was so spacious even for 145 guests! The venue is absolutely gorgeous (even with cloudy/rainy weather) and we even got to go out onto the covered bridge for some photos! Honestly, I would recommend this to anyone- they have a little bit of everything to fit any idea, theme, or any guest accommodation.

Holly Hills Country Club's reply:

Brittany-thank you very much for the review. We're so glad MaryKathryn was so helpful to you all on your special day. We wish you both a lifetime of happiness.

Kelsey

Married on 06/16/2018

Holly Hills was the second stop on our venue search... And that’s where we ended our search. Our first meeting was with Jessica to tour the facility and we were thrilled with everything they had to offer. Holly Hills took care of EVERYTHING! We were the only event for the whole day and we were treated like royalty. Mary Katherine was our “day of” coordinator and she made sure everything was perfect and exactly how I had imagined! Taylor made sure we never ran out of drinks during pictures and all night long! We couldn’t have asked for a better venue and day. The venue also had plenty of variety for photo opportunities too! Thank you so much Holly Hills!

Holly Hills Country Club's reply:

Kelsey-thank you for the incredibly kind words! We're so excited to share your wedding photos with others - everything was simply gorgeous. We wish you and Nick a lifetime of happiness.

F
Fred

Married on 06/02/2018

When we started shopping for wedding venues on a budget we never thought about Holly Hills. After months of looking and looking we decided to visit Holly Hills. Every member of their staff was a delight to work with. Their constant smiles and positive attitudes through the entire process (in case you were wondering weddings are hard work) were a blessing. Directing our every move letting us know what is next and where to be and what to do. Chasing after people that weren't where they needed to be, Taylor was outstanding! Thank you so much! The facility is gorgeous. The food amazing. The price was better than we could have hoped for. We had a better than perfect day. I couldn't even believe how well our wedding went. God bless you all that helped us. If you are looking for a wedding venue, look no further!

Holly Hills Country Club's reply:

Fred-we're so glad you all decided to visit Holly Hills! We're happy your special day was everything you all dreamed it could be. We wish you all a lifetime of happiness.

kari

Married on 05/18/2018

Wedding planning was made a dream!

Holly Hills accommodated all of our requests such as special dietary restrictions. Chef was able to help my husband and I create a perfect mix of foods we enjoyed as well as suggested some ideas as well. The food was INCREDIBLE, service was amazing, they always were very responsive and they were always so flexible with us. Truly felt we had such a perfect day!

Holly Hills Country Club's reply:

Kari-thank you so much for the awesome review. We're so happy you all had a wonderful experience. We with you both a lifetime of happiness.

V
Vivienne

Married on 04/28/2018

We got married at Holly Hills on 4/28/2018, we had both the ceremony and reception at HH. When we began the venues search/visit, Holly Hills was our top choice as the combination of beautiful and affordable place, fits right in our style and budget. We received so many compliments about how beautiful the place is. The sale director- Jessica was available to answer all of my questions/concerns prior to booking. Molly was our wedding coordinator. Molly was very responsive and helpful throughout the process. We had a traditional Vietnamese ceremony wedding, a little different from usual. Molly was very patient as I changed my mind often during rehearsal. All of the staff was kind, professional and very on top of things. On the day of our wedding, they did a wonderful job set up the ceremony and reception. We gave them our decorations and a few directions and they made everything even better than I imagined. They provided golf carts for us and photographer to go around the property to take pictures. They even provided champagne to me and my bridesmaids as we were getting ready.

P/S: Though, we were too busy and didn't get to eat much on our wedding date, but got to taste the food at tasting and they were awesome! We didn't think that they would give us full entree of each food choice; and had lunch a few hours prior so we were still too full to eat. Molly let us to take home the food so we can try them slowly.

A special thanks to Molly, Taylor, and all the staff at Holly Hills to help us making my wedding day perfect! I would highly recommend Holly Hills to future brides.
- Vivienne and John

Holly Hills Country Club's reply:

Vivienne-we're so happy you all enjoyed your special day. We wish you both a lifetime of happiness!

C
Collin

Married on 01/20/2018

Holly Hills was great! Their staff was professional and very on top of things, especially on the day of our wedding. They did a wonderful job of setting up for the receptions. We gave them a few instructions and bam everything was set up perfect when we arrived! They only do one event a day, we had their full attention and space all to ourselves.

We highly recommend Holly Hills

Holly Hills Country Club's reply:

Collin-thank you so much for this wonderful review. We enjoyed being a part of your special day. We wish you and Samantha a lifetime of happiness!

Megan

Married on 12/29/2017

My husband and I got married on 12/29/17 at Holly Hills. When I began searching for a wedding venue I had given up then randomly came across Holly Hills. When I began doing some research they were the most affordable and right in our price range. When we set up our appointment and came to visit we fell in love. From the time that we booked Holly Hills to the very moment our wedding ended Holly Hills helped us with every detail. On 12/29 it was a very cold and blustery day. The General Manager came into greet us, helped us with pictures including having hot water with lemon to keep us from getting frozen. I have already recommended Holly Hills to other brides! A special thank you to Mary-Katherine for all of her hard work and setting everything up just like I had imagined!

Holly Hills Country Club's reply:

Megan-thank you so much for the review. It was such a cold day! We're so excited to see the photos. Thank you in advance for recommending us to other brides.

Meghan

Married on 10/22/2016

We got engaged in December of 2015 and embarked on a venue hunt around Frederick. When we arrived at Holly Hills, we worked with Jessica, who was very friendly, showed us around the venue and explained everything very well. We loved the view, layout of the venue and the options we would have for our event. She was very responsive in any additional questions and helped us secure a fall 2016 date. We attended their spring bridal event, loved the food and found the staff to be warm as we made several visits during the planning process. During this period, we worked with a coordinator who was pleasant and cooperative, but lacked the responsiveness we had found earlier, sometimes going weeks at a time between replies. It was frustrating, but by being organized on my end, we pressed on. Two weeks before the wedding, Jessica called to tell us that Mary Kathryn, a longtime employee, would be our new coordinator. We were able to set up a meeting with everyone, review the information and go over what we were envisioning. I left feeling very confident that our wedding was going to be great. In that meeting, Mary Kathryn tied up all of the loose ends and even gave us her cell phone number. She was incredibly helpful in letting us set up our cookie table the day before - which was a huge help to us. On the day of, they both greeted us and throughout the evening, they made sure we had our food, drinks, our bridal party was taken care of, everything. They worked seamlessly with the staff to make sure our guests were happy and our event was a success - which it was! Between the food, venue, staff and service, we were beyond pleased with our decision to pick Holly Hills. The room was a good fit for our guests, a band and three cookie tables. We heard a lot of raves about the food - crab mango spoons! And the bar staff. I will recommend them 1,000 times over to brides - there is not a better value and setting for your wedding! Thank you Jessica, Mary Kathryn & Kris!

Holly Hills Country Club's reply:

Thank you for your review! We're so happy you and your family were treated warmly and that you enjoyed your day! Don't forget you don't have to be a member to book Holly Hills for other events.

E
Emily

Married on 07/02/2016

Planning a wedding (and rehearsal dinner! ) at Holly Hills was an amazing experience. I worked closely with Abbey Fry, who was always accessible via email and phone (she answered inquiries on the same day, often within an hour!). We also had numerous in-person meetings to make sure every detail came into place just right. A few days before the wedding, we brought her 8 different boxes of decorations with instructions and she made sure everything was set up just right on the actual day. Her and her staff are one of a kind, and the day went off without a hitch because of them.

The food is incredible - the hardest part of the tasting was narrowing down our options, because we loved everything so much! We ended up doing a buffet style dinner so that guests didn't have to choose between the pork medallions and parmesan-encrusted tilapia. Delicious! We were also extremely pleased with the bartenders.

The venue itself is so picturesque. I did a bridal shoot a few months before the wedding and Holly Hills allowed me and my photographer to go on the golf course to get the best shots. The day of the wedding, my husband and I had our first look at the bridge out on the course. I couldn't be happier with how all the photos turned out. We initially wanted to get married outside and have the reception inside, but since our guest list was 200 Abbey suggested that we flip it and get married in the main dining room, have cocktail hour in the upstairs lounge/outside porch and firepit area, and then have our reception outside in a tent where our guests would have more space. It turned out BEAUTIFULLY. The dining room was so lovely and we didn't have to worry about the elements. Having the reception in the tent was perfect as well - 2 of the walls were clear, and so when the sun began to set everyone could see and spontaneously went outside to watch from the hilltop.

Bottom line, I can't imagine having my wedding anywhere else. An amazing experience from start to finish!

Holly Hills Country Club's reply:

Emily - we're ecstatic you all had a great experience. What a beautiful wedding it was. We enjoyed seeing the excitement & happiness between you and Zach in the photos!

Kimberly

Married on 03/19/2016

Everything worked really smoothly thanks to the supportive staff!

Holly Hills Country Club's reply:

Kimberly - we're glad you all had a wonderful experience at Holly Hills. Don't forget you don't have to be a member to book Holly Hills for other events.

Katie

Married on 03/05/2016

Holly Hills was the perfect venue for our reception. Abbey Fry, the event coordinator, did a great job managing my party from day one: she helped us pick a delicious menu (the mashed potato bar was a big hit! ), she coordinated with all my other vendors to make sure that the event flowed smoothly (even when we deviated from our originally-scheduled timeline), and she made the reception venue look great (we dropped off the decorations with instructions the week before the event and she set them up to perfection). The site is lovely (and they were so accommodating about photography--not only did my groom and I get some lovely pictures around the course on the day of the wedding, we were also able to schedule our engagement session there as well), the food is always delicious (my brother and his wife were also married at this venue), and the staff is friendly, professional, and courteous. I would not hesitate to recommend this venue to anyone looking for a beautiful site to host a wonderful night of dining, drinking, and dancing.

Holly Hills Country Club's reply:

Katie-we're glad everything was what you dreamed it would be, despite some schedule changes.

User5216748

2+ years ago

My wedding was last weekend and I had booked Holly Hills for my event. Not only were they the most friendly and knowledgable staff I have seen but they also provided us with a wonderful reception cite with delicious food! They definitely know what they are doing! Abbey was so helpful and made the wedding process easy! I would recommend them to anyone in need of a venue!

Holly Hills Country Club's reply:

Ashley-thank you for the review and kind words. We love what we do! Don't forget you don't have to be a member to book Holly Hills for other special events.