Back to Independence Harbor

128 Reviews for Independence Harbor

Featured
Jenna

Married on 09/10/2010

Independence Harbor was incredible from the the time we booked to the lights being turned on at the end of the reception. Connie was always available to answer any and all questions leading up to the big day. Maddie was our coordinator the day of and she was fantastic- she was attentive to our needs and made the day flow flawlessly. The room and garden were beautiful and the food was delicious! My only problem was my heels digging into the ground. I lost my balance several times while pictures were being taken and it made it very difficult to continue. But overall- IH was great and I would recommend it.

Cintya
Cintya Alves

Married on 05/04/2019

Great experience

We planned our wedding in 5 months and the staff at IH made it a breeze! We enjoyed working with Anne & Connie. They both really made it very easy for us and our wedding day went perfectly. Shout out to Matt & the staff on our wedding day for making the day better than we even imagined!

Jenna
Jenna Peloquin

Married on 04/28/2019

Don't be fooled by the bad reviews!

After glancing over the very mixed reviews my husband and I went with hesitancy to view Independence Harbor. We met with Connie who at first came across somewhat stern but then after explaining what we wanted and our clear vision of our day she softened. We were able to take advantage of their off season rates which were VERY reasonable and fit in perfectly with our tight budget. Connie and Anne ALWAYS responded to any and all of my questions right away putting my anxious nature right at ease. Even at our final meeting Connie was EXTREMELY flexible as it was supposed to rain the day of and allowed the bridal party to be on site earlier than previously discussed. She also allowed my very good friend to set up the centerpieces for me the day of which relieved a lot of stress. Matt was on site that day and he made sure that everything went perfectly smooth from start to finish. I had forgotten to bring the card holder and he quickly stepped in to provide a make shift one until my mom arrived with the real one. I also have to give a shout out to Debbie. She was our hands on gal the ENTIRE day. Form the second we stepped out of the limo she was waiting there with an umbrella to walk us inside. She made sure we had drinks all night and even brought out appetizers for us while we were busy taking photos. It had stopped raining for photos and before we stepped foot inside the gazebo she had a linen cloth wiping down the edge of the gazebo so that my dress would not get wet. She truly paid attention to every detail and took care of us all night long. She also made sure that things were done on time and not once did I feel rushed. The food was incredible. My grandmother is a very picky eater and complains about EVERYTHING but she could NOT stop raving about how good the food was! All of our guests thoroughly enjoyed the food. My mother-in-law is extremely allergic to seafood and they paid close attention to detail and made absolutely sure that nothing was cross contaminated. Everything was labeled and they were sure to put the fish at the end of the buffet line covered so she would not have to go near it. I also can't forget about the grounds. They are absolutely stunning! All of our guests could not stop talking about how gorgeous the grounds and the inside of the building was. Connie may seem gruff at first meeting but let me assure you that these people have been doing this a very long time and they know what they are doing. Don't be fooled by the bad reviews they will be sure that your day goes better than you could have ever imagined!

Kelly Sieracki

Married on 01/19/2019

Absolutely gorgeous

This venue was absolutely perfect. Could not of asked for a better place to host our special day!

Caitlyn
Caitlyn Philatre

Married on 08/09/2018

Exceptional Venue and Superb Service at an Extremely Reasonable Price!

The staff at IH was always a pleasure to deal with. Connie and Anne always answered our numerous questions promptly via email and phone. The only thing I wish we could have was a private tasting of the hors d'oeuvres, but the venue does not offer that. The food on our wedding day was delicious, and our guests are still raving about it. The staff was helpful to both myself and my now husband and went out of their way numerous times to assist us with anything. Thank you for an unforgettable evening!

S
Stephanie

Married on 05/26/2018

Independence Harbor's grounds were beautiful and the staff were exceptional! Connie and Anne were very helpful during the whole planning process. The questionnaires and floor plan they had you fill out helped you get everything organized in one place.

Carolyn

Married on 12/30/2017

I could not be happier with Independence Harbor. They were responsive and helpful leading up to the wedding. On our wedding day they took care of every single detail so I didn't have to worry about a single thing. Plus, the food was wonderful. Highly recommend!

Charlene

Married on 07/22/2017

Working with Connie, and Ann, was a complete pleasure. They're both knowledgeable , in helping, with your wedding. My wedding was absolutely, flawless, thank you , Connie, Ann, and Matt!

B
Brian

Married on 07/13/2017

Service was great, Matt, Ann, and Connie were extremely helpful and made our wedding perfect.

Married on 06/11/2017

Independence Harbor... Is... Amazing! From the awesome ladies we worked with to book the venue, choose the menus, and discuss the decor/color scheme to the incredible staff who worked on the day of our wedding coordinating the ceremony, ensuring that our guests were well cared for, and that there was enough time to do everything we wanted to do, everyone and everything was PERFECT. We found this place via web search while checking out venues in Massachusetts area and despite going to ~6 difference places we fell in love with this place. The grounds are absolutely gorgeous and offers a great combination of indoor/outdoor for those looking for an outdoor wedding. There's no need for additional decor, really, because the beauty and charm that's already there definitely speaks for itself. The people we worked with were so on top of things, which is invaluable when planning something like your wedding day. They were seriously the best and helped make the whole (typically stressful) event relatively painless!

The whole experience was little short of perfect. It was worth every penny and was very competitively priced at that. Furthermore, they offer brunch once a month where you can go and taste their (fantastic) food! We got so many compliments on the food from our guests! If we are able to, we plan on going there for brunch in the years to come around our wedding date because we loved the place that much.

Highly, highly recommend! Please check this place out at the very least. You won't regret it!

Carrie

Married on 05/26/2017

I had my wedding here last night! It started off as a very gloomy rainy day and I was so upset but the second it started clearing up literally minutes before starting the coordinator Matt (who was fantastic) he came into the room and assured me I could still do my wedding outside! They sent people outside to dry chairs put out umbrellas the staff was incredible the food was great and it was a pleasure working with ALL of them extremely happy with my venue! Connie & Anne were also a pleasure to work with they made sure everything ran smoothly leading up to my wedding day!

Charlene

Married on 03/31/2017

Absolutely outstanding! Wonderful staff, food was outstanding. My dream wedding!

Kedrin

Married on 12/28/2015

We loved the personalized and customized service we received from beginning to end.

Katie

Married on 09/05/2015

Wow! I was blown away by the service and beauty of IH! My husband and I got married on 9/5/15 and it was perfect! The staff was phenomenal , Matt was awesome! The food was to die for! Everyone that I have spoken with had nothing but great things to say about the reception, from how beautiful the land was to how smooth the flow of the reception was! I wish I could relive that night over and over!

D
Danielle

Married on 08/29/2015

Wow! I was married at Independence Harbor on August 29, 2015. Planning the wedding was made easier by dealing with professionals. Connie and Anne were responsive and able to help address any concerns I had over the year of planning. It is obvious from the get go - they do this often and have a quality of delivering outstanding service that surpasses most. Leading up to the wedding they were helpful and honest in any questions I had. The grounds are some of the most breathtaking I have ever seen. The flowers and landscaping and work that goes into keeping this place so beautiful is something to be admired. I appreciate being able to visit IH several times and was able to see different ideas for the room, ceremony space and photo opportunities. While I truly believe the ceremony space is a ten - I also love the reception space! The room is different from a standard hotel ballroom as the dance floor is pushed forward and my guests LOVED it. II felt like we were all on stage! The staff was great and Matty could not have been any more gracious and helpful. I swear working with him will spoil me for any event I plan in the future. He is calm, in control and pleasant which is exactly what you want on your wedding day. The food was amazing! The guests are still talking about it. I cannot thank Independence Harbor enough for their amazing work. The day was truly the most special day for us and we thank them for helping us have it. Danielle&marshall

E
Ellen

Married on 08/13/2015

Beautiful location, wonderful people, great place to have a wedding!

B
Brian

Married on 04/24/2015

We got married at Independence Harbor on April 24, 2015. I cannot put into words how great our experience was with Independence Harbor. They were very responsive and helpful through the entire process. This includes the office staff (Connie and Anne) to the wedding day coordinators (Matt and Martha). Our day was perfect in every way. The room was set up exactly how we pictured it. Martha and Matt made sure all of personal items (photos and wedding signs we brought) were set up. The tables looked great as well. We were more than impressed with the service too. I had worked for several years with weddings in a banquet hall and the staff at Independence Harbor far exceeded any expectations. Martha, in particular, went out of her way at all points of the evening to make sure everyone was taken care of. She took special attention to my mother and grandmother which is greatly appreciated. At the rehearsal we explained to Matt a couple of things we were looking for with the wedding. He took great notes and everything was perfect. He was also very easy to work with and genuinely made us feel like our wedding was special. We were sad to see the event finish. I have received multiple responses from our guests on how great everything was and how much fun they had. I highly recommend Independence Harbor as an ideal place to get married. The grounds are beautiful, the food was great, the staff was excellent.

Ellen

Married on 02/15/2015

We had our wedding reception at Independence Harbor in February 2015, and we couldn't be happier with our choice. The weather forecast on our wedding day called for a blizzard, and the staff stayed connected to us in the days leading up to the event, letting us know that they'd find a way to open for us as long as the roads weren't forced to close, and that if weather did force a closure, they'd be able to host our Sunday event on Monday. It took a little persuasion, but they were even able to accept our cake delivery a day early in preparation for the weather. While we did indeed get a blizzard, the roads were open, the snow had stopped falling by our 4 p.m. Arrival time, and our reception was held as planned. The venue was absolutely gorgeous with the grounds covered in snow and icicles hanging from the rooftop. The lighting of snow-covered grounds at sunset made for some gorgeous photos. The look of the space inside was perfect as well, with just the right amount of uplighting to add some nice ambiance. The parking lot and walkways had been plowed and provided a wonderful arrival experience for our guests. The food was absolutely delicious, and the value of their winter wedding package was truly outstanding. My husband and I did the bulk of our planning from Florida, so having such a responsive team working with us was invaluable. Connie was our main point of contact throughout our planning process, and she was fantastic. The only thing I'd do differently if I had it to do over again would have been to ask for an announcement when our hot chocolate bar was open. Thank you, thank you to the IH team for providing a truly magical backdrop to our day.

User4626916

2+ years ago

Just had my wedding here and it was awesome! Great staff, great food, very attentive! Highly recommended!

Kayla

Married on 10/24/2014

I drive by Independence Harbor everyday. I would always say I will have my wedding there someday! And I did! And I am so happy I did! It is just so gorgeous and the staff are so helpful. I love that your wedding is the only wedding going on. It's private and secluded. The food is outstanding! Everyone was very impressed with the food. I couldn't have asked for a better place to host my wedding!

Karen

Married on 10/17/2014

We just had our wedding here on 10/17/14 and it was amazing! The grounds are beautiful and their entire team is extremely helpful and kind. I highly recommend this venue to anyone. All of our family and friends were in awe of how beautiful and picturesque the ground are. We even encountered 2 deer in the background during our rehearsal. It's a must see!

User4100276

2+ years ago

Independence Harbor was wonderful to work with! They accommodated all of my last minute changes and everything was executed perfectly. What I was most impressed with was the staff member assigned to us the day of the wedding... It was great having someone to keep us informed about what was going on and the flow of the reception. We also had someone to go to if we had questions - it was a huge stress reliever.

Christine

Married on 05/02/2014

The staff at Independence Harbor was absolutely amazing to work with. They thought of every detail to make sure our wedding day was perfect. The food was delicious and you can't beat the beautiful grounds. We were so happy to have had our wedding there!

N
Nicole

Married on 04/12/2014

We had our wedding at Independence Harbor on 4/12/14. They did a great job helping us with everything to make our wedding day so special. The service, food, & venue couldn't have been any better for our special day! We will definitely be back for Sunday Brunch in the future!

User3761591

2+ years ago

Independence Harbor is the most beautiful place to have your wedding. I had mine in the winter months and it was decorated with Christmas lights and other winter wonderland decorations. The staff were very helpful in the planning process and were very professional. They would meet or talk on the phone anytime that I felt was necessary. On the night of the wedding everything looked beautiful from the centerpieces to the candy bar, they set up everything so nicely. The food was amazing and all my guests are still talking about how good it was. This place is definitely a hidden gem! The cost is much lower than any other place in the area and it is way more beautiful. The only thing I would say that was a bummer was that the bridal party did not get to use the small room to freshen up when it was told to us before the wedding that we would be able too. Other than that it is a fantastic place to have your wedding reception. I recommend this place to anyone looking for a spot to have their wedding!