Back to Janene's Bridal Boutique

Cara
Featured
Cara

Married on 08/18/2018

Made me feel like a true Bride!

I can't say enough great things about the team at Janene's Bridal. From the very beginning the sales team was so easy going, professional and never pushy. It was a blast trying in dresses despite being overweight. They made me feel like I could try any dress I wanted and even had ways to make the dress look like it fit with contraptions. This is something isn't something done in all wedding shops.

They made me feel like a true bride and even accommodated my large bridal party.

Once I did decide to buy the dress I knew u also wanted it tailored at Janene's. It was a lot pricier than elsewhere but I really didn't want to take the chance with my intricate beadwork on my dress. I would suggest that if your dress is as intricate and delicate as mine you're in good hands with the seamstress at Janene's.

Every time I had a fitting I was nervous and they eased my mind. They even had great tips on how to lift certain areas of my body so the dress could fit better and took the time to walk me through how to walk in the dress as well.

At the wedding everyone said that the dress fit me perfectly and it really did. Being someone who is highly critical of my own body, I felt so comfortable in the dress and confident that everything would stay in place. It was like a second skin and 2 Months later I'm still being told from random people how beautiful my dress was and how well it looked on me.

Thank you Janene's Bridal for making me feel like a beautiful bride on my wedding day!

S
Sarah Krotz

Getting married on 10/11/2019

Great Boutique with Lots of Options

I worked with Sutton to find my wedding dress. I honestly was just going in to have an experience with my sister and mother and ended up with great dresses to choose from and actually purchased one. Sutton was very helpful in showing me around the store and then just letting my family and me look around to pick dresses to try. She allowed me privacy to change, which I really appreciated. I ended up going over my appointment time by about 30 minutes, but she didn't rush me to make a decision at all.

F
Fannie Z

Married on 07/20/2019

Lace and tulle

I bought my dress at Janene’s bridal. It was the 6th shop I had visited, and had the most selection of all the shops I’d been to. I got to walk around and pick out which ones I wanted to try on, and my stylist selected a few for me as well. She helped me in and out of the dresses and clipped them. She also helped me narrow them down and see what they would look like with different accessories. I ended up choosing a beautiful lace v-neck dress with keyholes in the back and a-line tulle- and it was BELOW my price range! After getting home, I decided that I wanted to change the size of the dress, and emailed Janene’s, and they were able to switch the size for me right away. I then waited very patiently for what felt like the longest 5 months of my life for the dress to be made and shipped. As soon as it arrived- I went back in to try it on and it fit perfectly at the waist! I just needed the length to be taken in and a bustle. I ended up doing my alterations at another salon, since Janene’s is quite the commute from where I live. I’m so happy with how my dress turned out, and I think my groom was too :)

K
Katie

Married on 07/13/2019

Beautiful dress

I am so happy with my wedding dress and experience. From picking out the dress to then every fitting, the team was so helpful and supportive.

Annie
Annie

Married on 06/29/2019

I could not have asked for a better dress shopping experience than we got at Janene’s Bridal. Everything was perfect. Our stylist Carla, could not have been more helpful. She was patient with our large group (7 people), and gave the best suggestions/guidance/help. It was the first bridal store I've been too, but my maid of honor is in three other weddings and said this was by far the best salon she's been too. She said it has so much more selection and variety than other places she's been too. We had a great experience at Janene's and I cannot wait for my dress to come in!

Natalie
Natalie

Married on 05/26/2019

Absolute pros!

I had an amazing experience with Janene's Bridal, from shopping to alterations. It's a lovely shop with a huge selection and a very kind and helpful staff. Everyone who works there really knows their stuff, especially the alterations department.

This place does everything: I bought a hair comb and necklace from them when their jewelry specialist was there. Jennifer taught me how to do a first dance spin without tearing my sleeves. They gave me an emergency kit with extra lace in case of rips. They even took a video of how to do the bustle! I couldn't believe the attention to detail they provide.

I was not prepared for how much alterations cost in general, but having this team of folks helping me was worth every penny. They were the VIPs of our team of vendors. Highly recommend!

Photo by Andrea Fong Photography

Eileen
Eileen

Married on 03/23/2019

Wedding dress professionals!

I visited a lot of bridal shops before finding my dress, and I now know why Janene's has such a great reputation. They have SO many dresses and styles to choose from and feature the best brands. They also have excellent customer service (shout out to Jennifer who was amazing! ) and are experts in tailoring dresses.

I found my dress - Essense of Australia D2109 - 10 months before my March 2019 wedding. I believe I was told they recommend ordering the dress 8 months in advance, which gives the designer time to custom make and ship the dress.

When I was measured for the dress, I was a bit nervous because the size they said they'd need to order for me was an 8 (because of the size of my hips), when I'm a street size 2! Apparently, this is very normal and I trusted them as the experts. When my dress arrived (about 6 months after we ordered it), my nerves were put to rest. Although the dress was too large and needed to be altered down, it wasn't comically huge or anything like that.

I had 5 fittings, in part because there were many things I wanted done to the dress beyond basic alterations, which included mermaiding (to shape the dress around my butt a bit more) and I added removable drape sleeves (Janene's helped me order matching extra lace from the designer). I was SO happy I added the drape sleeves - it elevated my strapless gown into a very elegant, off the shoulder dress. The drape sleeves were even removable so that I could take them off for my first dance (because you can't raise your arms with them on!).

The alterations and the dress turned out to be around the same price (they did warn me ahead of time of this). But, I have to say, it was totally, completely worth it. I felt gorgeous in my gown, and I never thought I'd say that! I am not someone who dreamed of her wedding day growing up, and I initially even felt a bit reluctant wearing a very traditional wedding dress, but that all changed when I fell in love with my dress and I am SO glad I wore a proper wedding dress at my wedding :).

All of the gals who work there also provided me with so many wedding day and dress-related tips. They were a wealth of knowledge. Janene's also sells bridal shoes, veils, and jewelry. Their jewelry designer was on site during one of my fittings and picked out the most beautiful and delicate drop earrings and matching bracelet at very reasonable prices. I was also able to order my floor-length veil from Janene's, which just made everything easier - they pressed the veil and I picked it up along with my dress a couple days before the big day.

Overall, I cannot recommend this shop highly enough. They are total pros. I really was dreading the dress shopping, fitting, etc. Experience, and Janene's made it actually enjoyable and fun.

ROMEO & STEPHANIE
ROMEO & STEPHANIE

Married on 02/24/2019

February 24, 2019 Wedding

First boutique I scheduled my first wedding dress shopping experience. It was recommended by my sister-in-law who lived down the street. I invited my sister, my mom, my sisters-in-law, and mother-in-law to my appointment. I loved that in the beginning of my appointment, everyone browsed through the boutique and chose dresses for me to try on. I believe I tried on over 15 dresses and luckily enough, I found THE dress! I felt that this experience was nice to share with my family. Every fitting was great as well.

N
Nora Cook

Married on 01/19/2019

Best part of wedding planning!

I can’t say enough good things! Enjoyable experiences, easy appointments, perfect customization. My fitting appointments were some of my best memories from wedding planning AND I felt perfect in my dress! And... Removeable sleeves!? Yes!

R
Rachel

Married on 04/28/2018

I was married last Saturday in my wedding dress from Janene's. The dress was a Maggie Sotero stunner and I loved it. It was unique and beautiful and perfectly tailored.

Janine's was the second place I visited and I was a little disheartened by the first. The staff at Janene's is professional, friendly, warm, and welcoming. Janene's definitely celebrates women and their staff make all women feel gorgeous and special.

The fittings gave me confidence and let me "get to know" my dress. I worked with Suton (sp? ) and even with Janene herself on occasion. They were fabulous and I loved sharing stories with both of them. They also listened to my questions regarding alterations and gave me suggestions without pressuring me.

Huge thanks to Janene's for helping me make memories that will last a lifetime. Love you ladies!

Amberlee

Married on 10/27/2017

This review is way overdue, but I could't let it go without writing one. I came to Janene's Bridal in December of 2016 for my third and final appointment with my mom, two aunts, and my little cousin with me. The woman who was assigned to our group was so good - I believe her name was Tammy. She let us look around and pick out some dresses that I would like to try on, and she even pulled some herself. While in the dressing room she would give me pep talks and kept telling me that my opinion is really the only one that matters and to not get overwhelmed. She made me feel like everything was going to be okay. I tried on a few dresses and none of them were it and everyone agreed. Then Tammy went back and pulled another dress that looked nothing like what I had ever envisioned and convinced me to try it on. I walked out and stood on the podium, looking in the mirror and tears came to my eyes. I had never felt more beautiful or bridal.

I later tried on the dress again and could feel the tears welling up in my eyes - this was my dress. I didn't want to take it off. I probably stood there for a good ten minutes just looking at it and feeling so pretty. So we bought it that day (on no tax day - lucky us!)

All of the dress fittings that followed were so nice, the ladies that helped me were wonderful - throughout the months of getting the dress fitted, teaching me how to walk in it, teaching my cousins how to bustle the back for the reception - it was all such a pleasant and exciting experience. I cannot recommend Janene's Bridal Boutique enough. If you're in the area and looking for your dress for your big day, I suggest making an appointment and checking it out for yourself. You can read in more detail here: https://asimplyinspiredlife. Com/2018/02/22/saying-yes-to-the-dress/

C
Carolyn

Married on 09/16/2017

I have only good things to say about Janene's! First of all, I love that they are responsive via phone and email. It makes planning and organizing so much easier. I went dress shopping with my best friend about 11 months before the wedding. I knew I wanted long, ivory, and lace with a low back. I tried on a number of dresses at a range of stores - all the way from David's Bridal to fancy boutiques. I really lucked out, because I fell in love with a Stella York dress with crocheted lace that was on the less expensive end of my budget. This worked well, since Janene's was able to customize the dress so that it was exactly what I wanted. The alterations weren't cheap, but they were worth it. They made several changes, including changing the shape of the low back, adding lace to the spaghetti straps, adding buttons down the back, and adding a bustle. Jennifer worked closely with me throughout several appointments, and each time I went in it felt like I was visiting with a friend. She helped me take pictures, made suggestions when I asked, and really guided me through the process. I loved all of the alterations! I was flying across the country to get married in Upstate NY, so Janene's also helped me package the dress and gave me care instructions so that it made it without issue.

Brianna

Married on 08/21/2017

I was SO in love with my dress! Sheryl is absolutely amazing and I 100% recommend this shop for your special day. They are willing to work with their customers on anything and everything to make sure you get exactly what you dreamed of!

T
Tina

Married on 07/29/2017

Ladies, if you need a wedding dress in the bay area, Janenes is the place to go! My consultant Tammy was incredible, and did 3 appointments with me until I found my perfect dress. They have an amazing selection and are just wonderful.

J
Janay McCullough

Married on 06/24/2017

The only bridal salon you need to visit

Start to finish, Janene's were true professionals. Not only did I find my dress, but I also used their in house alternations and jewelry maker. I LOVE that I was able to customize my earrings and bracelet to be exactly what I wanted. The icing on the cake, though, goes out to their alterations manager, Jen. Give that girl a raise! She was so knowledgeable, and was more than willing to accommodate whatever request I had, no matter how big, how small, or how many times I changed my mind. Also, shout out to their entire alterations department, you are miracle workers! I would proudly, and confidently recommend Janene's to anyone looking for a professional experience, start to end.

Janene's Bridal Boutique's reply:

Hi Janay,

Thank you so much for leaving us such a kind review and for recommending us! We can't thank you enough. Congratulations on tying the knot!!

Best Wishes,
Janene's Bridal Boutique

Be sure to follow us on Instagram & Facebook!
Instagram: Instagram.com/JanenesBridalBoutique
Facebook: Facebook.com/JanenesBridalBoutique

N
Nicole

Married on 11/06/2016

Ladies, if you are looking for your perfect bridal gown, please do yourself a favor and head to Janene's! I live in Los Angeles, and my wedding is in my hometown of Sacramento. Why go to a bridal salon all the way in Alameda? First, they have an absolutely amazing selection of bridal gowns. Second, unlike salons where you have your consultant bring you dresses to try, they actually let you walk through the store and pick out your own dresses (which I happened to prefer). Third, all their consultants are super fun and make the experience amazing. Fourth, Janene herself does your alterations in house. Lastly, the prices are super affordable and reasonable! I spent far less than I thought I would!

I would suggest going to a fancy bridal salon first and getting the experience of having a consultant bring you dresses (figure out the style and silhouettes that look best on you). Then come to Janene's and have some real fun!

The also have an absolutely amazing jewelry designer, Inna, who makes beautiful custom jewelry (and at a super duper reasonable price - seriously my jaw dropped when she told me how much the earrings and bracelet she was going to make for me would cost). If she is in the store when you are, ask to meet with her. You won't be disappointed.

Totally worth the flights and long drives to get my dress from Janene's! I wouldn't have done it any other way!

D
Diana

Married on 07/30/2016

Janene's is amazing! I came to the shop several years ago with a friend when she was looking for her dress - it was such a great experience, I knew I'd come back when it was time for my wedding. My initial appointment to find "the" dress was so much fun - the consultant who helped me was sweet, helpful, and really listened to what I liked as far as styles. She found my dress after really taking to heart the feedback I'd given her about other dresses, and I knew immediately that we'd found the one.

All of my fitting appointments were lovely, too - Jen was very knowledgeable about the whole process and made it so much fun. I always knew what was happening with my dress and what to expect for the remaining alterations process.

I absolutely loved how my dress fit and looked on my wedding day - and I received SO many compliments on it. I couldn't have been happier with my experience, and would enthusiastically recommend any bride-to-be to go to Janene's. You won't be disappointed!

W
Whitney

Married on 05/21/2016

Best Customer Service! After having a fiasco and ordering a dress from another store and having it be nothing like what I tried on.. I had to start over at square one. I had been to 15 salons before I found a designer, Hayley Paige, that I was interested in and sought out Janene's as they carried this designer. They were very accommodating with appointments and helped me rush the dress of my dreams! They worked with me to do the alterations the week of! Everything was beautiful and I ended up buying a belt and veil with them as well! Could not be happier with this vendor!

Amanda

Married on 04/08/2016

I had a great experience picking a wedding dress at Janene's. I am a plus sized bride, so I was elated that they have many plus size dresses to try on. I went in for an initial trying on of many dresses, found 3 I liked, and then went back with my mom to pick one of the three. Both times they were very professional and helping.

User6028757

2+ years ago

I had a wonderful experience at Janene's Bridal! My dress was amazing and the alterations were beautiful and meticulous. I always felt comfortable and welcomed coming into the store and all of the staff (sales, alteration) were very helpful and professional. I was kind of bummed when I finally picked up my dress because I wouldn't have any excuse to go back!

Angela

Married on 08/22/2015

I got my dress and alterations done at Janene's and can say they are great. I actually went twice to look at dresses there and love that they allow you to pick out your own dresses to try on and allow you to take pictures. The girls were so nice during the alterations process and so excited to see how the dress fit every time. Janene was swift and spot on with her alterations and the whole process was not stressful and fun!

Neda
Neda

Married on 08/15/2015

I had been to every bridal boutique in the South and East Bay, and finally ended up at Janene's. I loved their selection and their customer service - I was the only bride in the boutique during my appointment, and Danielle was a great consultant. They had a nice variety of designers from all ends of the spectrum, which was really nice. I ended up purchasing my dress from Janene's - check them out on your bridal gown shopping journey!

C
Christine

Married on 08/08/2015

After visiting Janene's on my first day of dress shopping, I knew immediately that it was the exact boutique I wanted to get my dress from! Not only were they so responsive in booking my appointments, but they were so accommodating, and such a pleasure to work with from the start. The customer service there was excellent, and to top it off, Heather was so much fun to work with from the beginning to the end!

I was one of those indecisive, but picky, brides who had no idea what she wanted. Heather was very patient with me and my group, and she ended up helping me find *the* dress, even when I started to question whether *the* dress actually existed! I had my alterations completed here as well, and it was done so perfectly that it just made me fall in love with my dress even more!

Getting my dress from Janene's was definitely one of my best and favorite wedding decisions, and I couldn't be happier :)

User4580419

2+ years ago

Went for my first fitting last month. I was so excited to know that they can keep my dress stored until my June wedding! I purchased my gown at a outlet store, so it had minor damage and repairs needed to be made. Janene and her assistant were so very professional, attentive, honest, and patient. I am so pleased with them.

User3917047

2+ years ago

I purchased my wedding gown from this boutique. They are very friendly, knowledgeable, and provides great customer service. I needed alterations in the bust and thigh areas. This place tailored my dress perfectly! After my last fitting, I was so happy that I chose Janene's for my wedding dress even though the location is about a 40 minute drive away from my home. I highly recommend!