Back to Joan Day Weddings

17 Reviews for Joan Day Weddings

Featured
Claire Studebaker Miller

Married on 01/04/2019

Joan acted as my "Day of" wedding coordinator.

Hiring Joan was the single best decision I made during the entire planning process. My parents and I wanted to make the wedding day as stress free as possible and Joan made it happen. Because of her, my family and I were not frantically setting out linens, placing decor, or panicking about contacting vendors. The last thing any bride and her family wants to be doing on the wedding day is worrying about "Who will light the candles? " "Where are the sparklers? " "Are the tablecloths creased? " "Where's the cake serving set? " etc etc. About 1-2 months prior to the wedding, Joan and I began working more closely together and met/spoke several times to nail down a timeline and coordinate all the moving pieces. Planning a wedding is a unique experience, something that I've never done before and will never do again... Aka I had no idea what I was doing! Joan smoothed out all of the details and her years of experience made me feel confident. And even more importantly, made my mother feel relaxed and confident! Joan always had an answer for even my most insignificant and meticulous questions. My favorite analogy for her personality and demeanor can be summarized as such: speaking to Joan feels like having a nice glass of wine at the end of the day! What else could a bride ask for?

Joan Day Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much, Claire! What a lovely and enjoyable morning to receive your review of my services. Your family was awesome, kind and generous, which made my job not feel like work at all. I enjoyed our meetings, checking over vendor details, answering your questions, texting back and forth, and attending 701 Whaley's 10-year celebration together. Weddings don't need to be stressful. The experience is meant to be spiritual, God-loving, and a celebration of a beautiful marriage. You and your husband, Cole, reflected a meaningful commitment, and shared the experience with your families and friends. The event was such a beautiful experience for all present. Tim and I enjoyed being included in your Rehearsal Dinner too. Your selections made for one gorgeous ceremony and reception. Hummingbird cake is now my favorite too (tell Cole thank you for introducing us to it). And your Grandmother's delicious homemade wedding cake was the best I have ever had. So much fun to see three generations of strong, God-loving women decorating and cutting cake to share. Your families truly made us feel like we'd become part of it. Gracious, giving, loving, and God-like, ... I just can't find the words to describe what an incredible young lady you are and what a fine young man Cole is. I know that God will bless you with many years of happiness.

Congratulations, again, to Dr. and Mrs. Cole Miller!
Warmly, Joan

H
Haley Byrne

Married on 03/09/2019

Best Planner Ever!

Joan Day did such an amazing job planning our wedding. I know it’s a cliché thing to say, but we truly couldn’t of done it without her. My wedding date was placed right in the middle of Andrew being stationed over 1,000 miles away & my final semester of nursing school. Joan took all the weight off and made the planning process so fun and easy. She was very responsive at all times and adjusted things depending on my husband and I’s preference - even at the last minute! The day of the wedding, she was a lifesaver. She kept everything timely yet flexible. I remember one mom specifically when the DJ was calling for the bouquet toss and I started running to grab my throw bouquet but Joan was right there when I turned around with it. I highly recommend Joan for everybody! She truly helped our day be the best that it could.

T
tessa

Married on 11/24/2018

Excellent wedding planner! Highly recommend!

Joan was amazing she basically became part of the family, she worked with my husband and me and perfectly captured our vision on our special day. She went above and beyond! Joan was creative, agreeable, smart, frugal when we needed her to be, and overall a welcome and warm help while planning. She took all my stress and dealt with family drama perfectly. You would seriously be lucky to have Joan help plan your event she was so amazing!

Joan Day Weddings's reply:

What a wonderful Christmas gift today ... reading your review! I had a great time working with you and Buchanan, and your family. Y’all immediately made me feel like a part of your family. Everything turned out so beautiful and thanks for placing some of your pics here ... gorgeous! I cannot wait to see them all. Thanks, again, for allowing me to be a part of such a special day. Tim and I had a great time working it together. See you soon. Many thanks - Joan

Carlie

Married on 05/25/2015

Joan was wonderful to work with! I do not think I could have survived my wedding without her and her guidance! She is flexible and responsive, and your wedding/event will flow smoothly with her directing it. She helped with everything; guests, decor, organization!

Joan Day Weddings's reply:

Thank you, sweet Carlie! You and Jacob, and your parents, were such a pleasure to plan with. I enjoyed every aspect of helping you select your wedding cake, flowers, and making other decisions on decor. Your wedding was beautiful. Those bridesmaids' dresses and the color are among my favorite! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your family's special occasion. Hugs to you and Jacob!

K
K

Married on 12/06/2014

Joan did an excellent job putting all the pieces of our wedding together! From directing & decor to the send off she did a wonderfor job making our special day flow smoothly!

Joan Day Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much, Kela. You and Barry are a great couple. I appreciated you allowing me to help coordinate details on such a special occasion. Everything was lovely. You made a beautiful bride. Truly a blessing to be a part of your wedding day.

Meredith

Married on 08/02/2014

Joan helped us plan our wedding in August, 2014. We could not have done it without her expertise. She was exceptional and her services were invaluable to us. She provided us with so much help and advice along the way and was extremely organized, thorough, and professional. She has our highest recommendation!

Joan Day Weddings's reply:

Thank you, Meredith! You and Biff are among the sweetest couples I have worked with. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know you both as individuals. Your tastes were exquisite and everything looked so beautiful on your wedding day. Your friends and family were so much fun to be around. You made an incredibly beautiful bride! Hugs to you and Biff.

L
lauri

Married on 07/19/2014

It was an absolute pleasure working with Joan. I highly recommed her to anyone getting married in the Columbia area even for an event out of town.

User3412177

2+ years ago

Hiring Joan was absolutely the smartest wedding planning decision that I made. Joan was so supportive, responsive, and wonderful to work with. I am a very organized person and didn't need someone to completely plan my wedding for me, but I was shocked by how essential Joan turned out to be. Her professionalism and the relationships that she has with different wedding vendors was a huge benefit - vendors love working with her and she was able to solve any problems that came up. Joan was also able to find me a high-quality budget friendly florist who I never would have found on my own. As a bride with a demanding work schedule I had to rely a lot on email. Joan always responded quickly and made me feel like I was the only bride she had. Joan truly listened and cared about me having exactly the wedding that I wanted, regardless of how non-traditional any of my ideas were. Having Joan in charge on the day of my wedding allowed me to focus only on getting married, because I could trust her to coordinate everything and get everyone where they needed to be. I am so very lucky that Joan was available to help with my wedding.

Joan Day Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. You were a great couple to work with. I enjoyed getting to know you, your family, and friends. They all seemed to really enjoy the wedding and Southern menu. Your choice of style details made for an elegant affair. 701 Whaley looked gorgeous in the monochromatic scheme of lavender and white. I appreciated the non-traditional inclusion of the decadent dessert tower and Krispey Creme doughnut hole tower. Both were a huge hit with your guests. Thanks, again, for allowing me to assist. It was my pleasure!

crystal

Married on 10/26/2013

We hired Joan over a year ago to help with the planning of my daughters wedding. She took so much stress off of my daughter and myself. This is something we had originally talked about handling ourselves, but thank goodness we found Joan! I am sure we both would have been crazy by the wedding day! Joan was so wonderful about meeting with us anytime we needed and meeting with all of our vendors to be sure they suited our tastes and needs perfectly. She traveled many miles to meet with us, being that we live 2 hours away from her. Most of those trips were on weekends. Joan goes above and beyond for her clients. After all the planning, the wedding turned out amazing. Joan and her girls did an awesome job getting the wedding attendants organized and ready to walk down the aisle. The reception was absolutely gorgeous! Joan just has that special touch with decorating and organizing. If you are looking for a wedding planner Joan comes highly recommended from this bride and her mother.

Joan Day Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much, Crystal, for your many kind words. It was my pleasure to spend time getting to know each member of your family. I am thrilled that all the details went the way you all had hoped. Weddings take many hands and we all made a great combination. Many hugs and thanks, Joan and team

E
Emily

Married on 11/03/2012

Joan is absolutely Wonderful. She planned my entire wedding, everything went so perfect. I could not have asked for a better day.

Carrie

Married on 11/03/2012

Joan is totally dedicated to providing her clients exactly what they are looking for when trying to figure out what vendors to go with, pricing, arrangements, etc. My daughter's wedding was absolutely perfect in every way. Joan is professional, down to earth, easy to get along with, respectful and so sweet natured. She is a great listener, very resourceful and is extremely knowledgeable in her field as a wedding planner. My husband and I both agree we could not have had our daughter's perfect wedding without Joan. She took care of all our needs, which took the burden off of us so we could relax and enjoy our daughter's special day! I can't say enough about Joan. She was awesome!

T
Tosha

Married on 10/20/2012

Joan was incredibly responsive to all of my calls and emails. She helped me faciliatate a day of schedule for our wedding day and personally met and spoke with all of my vendors. She is organized, thoughtful, and decisive. We were living out of state, and Joan helped mitigate a lot of potential issues and really brainstormed the best course of action for us.
The day of the wedding was crazy, and Joan was a gem throughout everything. She kept me and my husband on task and kept my mom worry-free. She was well worth every penny. We had the most amazing day ever, and I am so thankful to Joan for being part of our big day.

Z
Candace

Married on 05/16/2009

Joan was absolutely wonderful to work with. She tailored her services to what I needed and was willing to work with me as I needed her. I wanted to do most of my planning on my own but I knew I would need someone on the day of the wedding to run the show. Joan was the perfect person! I was able to tap into her expertise in the months leading up to the wedding with etiquette questions, vendor recommendations or suggestions on timing the day. She also was a life saver when it came to getting the caterer to do their job. My wedding was perfect and just how I imagined it and Joan had a lot to do with that. She and her team had the reception set up on time and did a great job with the layout of the space knowing what to place where so that the guests could move around with ease.

Anyone who needs a wedding coordinator or event planner in any capacity will be highly satisfied with the services Joan Day Weddings provides.

Megan

Married on 09/27/2008

Joan is so creative and responsive. She is truly the Paula Dean of weddings. :-) Her schedule is very flexible to schedule meetings and updates and she always answers her emails so quickly.
The last month was so hectic and she did it all - did the buying for the children's bags & the welcome bags and got everything delivered where it needed to be and was always there. She will take care of everything (including all the nitty details) if you want her to - a great talented person. We can't imagine our wedding without her and DEFINITLY couldn't have done it without her.

L
Lisa

Married on 06/08/2008

The quality of service that Joan Day Weddings provided was wonderful. She was so responsive to our requests and questions. I rarely had to wait to have a response from her. Her demeanor and attitude made her a joy to work with, both in planning the wedding and on the big day itself. I got many compliments from family, friends, and vendors on what a delight she was to work with. The cost value of her services matched easily with a bride on a budget and the services provided far exceeded the monetary cost. The value of having someone to help plan and coordinate the event on the day-of paid off at the end of the night when we realized what an extraordinary wedding we had put on, all with Joan's help! And her flexibility to plan a unique event that all parties were happy with in the end and, on the big day, to maneuver through all the little wedding day mishaps that might be expected, helped us to have a spectacular experience (never knowing what was happening in the background). She was truly a blessing to work with!

B
Beth

Married on 03/24/2007

Joan was a breath of fresh air on my wedding day. Because of her calm and professional demeanor we were able to enjoy our special day without any stress.

Mitch

Married on 05/03/2014

Joan is a very polite, professional and organized planner. Although we did not use many of the expansive services she offers, our main need was "week of" planning for our destination wedding. Joan did an excellent job coordinating with vendors and making our special day a smooth and fun experience which helped us focus on our time with friends and family, and not worrying about vendors and details.
Her personality and character are second to none; and at the end of the day you want to be surrounded by good kind-hearted people. Joan Day Kelly is that person.

Joan Day Weddings's reply:

Thanks, Mitch, for your review. I'm glad that you and Bridget had an enjoyable wedding weekend in Columbia. Everything you all selected turned out lovely. I appreciated having the opportunity to work with you on the finishing wedding details the day-of. Again, thank you and congratulations! Best, Joan