Back to John Willingham

H
Featured
Haynes

Married on 10/15/2016

John was amazing every step of the way. My wife and I planned our wedding ourselves without the help of a planner so establishing contacts with vendors and musicians seemed daunting. John made it extremely easy for us and provided a large sample selection of music he could play (both classical and modern).

My wife and I decided traditional wedding music and most modern hits weren't for us. We settled on music that spoke to us and represented our shared interests. Our selection included songs from Disney movies and a video game. We took a chance and shared them with John and he enthusiastically accepted to learn them and thought they were great choices. When we had our rehearsal and heard the music for the first time it was amazing to hear our unique selection played by John. Our wedding ceremony was great and we know our friends and family enjoyed the music John played. I would recommend him to any couple wanting an expert musician open to learning the music that matters to them. I believe he will help make your wedding day unique and special like he did for ours.

D
Dawn Francis-Chewning

Married on 05/18/2019

True musician - talented, versatile - all the right stuff!

My daughter was married 5/18 and John played at the service. She had specific thoughts of music to play (Ed Sheeran) and John made it sound magical with acoustic guitar. John is incredibly versatile and very talented, making it all seem effortless (though I know the work that goes into it). He is my go to for special events and has been for quite some time. So very glad to have the opportunity to know him and call him friend.

Paula
Paula

Married on 05/03/2019

Mother of the Groom

John absolutely exceeded all of our expectations! We are from Nashville and received John’s name from our rehearsal dinner venue. From the moment I first made contact he was amazing. At each inquiry he was responsive and went above and beyond to help create the type of music and environment we were looking for. We started out hiring him for the rehearsal dinner and ended up using him for the entire wedding weekend! We had a variety of different music requests and he was able to help with all types! Additionally, we had audio visual needs that he took care Of flawlessly! I cannot say enough positive things about John! If you are looking for someone with multi-talents, excellent communication and a pleasure to work with , John is the one! I rarely write reviews, but this guy deserves more than 5 stars!

John Willingham's reply:

Paula, Thank you so much for your wonderful review and for inviting me to be part of your weekend! It was such a pleasure to work with you and meet your family and friends. The rehearsal dinner and the ceremony were both so nice. It was a lot of fun working up new songs for the rehearsal dinner and I am always so thrilled when couples choose cello and guitar for their ceremony - I think it's such a beautiful sound. Please come back and visit us in Atlanta soon!

K
Katie Halstead

Married on 04/26/2019

Acoustic dreaminess

John was the perfect guitarist for our small intimate wedding in the Gardens. He was easy to communicate with and sent over samples and set lists. He played acoustic instrumental guitar that added an incredible element to our wedding. Hire him!

John Willingham's reply:

Katie, thank you so much for your wonderful comments! It was such a pleasure joining you guys. I loved the fun songs you suggested, such great additions to my repertoire. Best wishes to you both!

E

Married on 09/29/2018

It was wonderful working with John. He was courteous, responsive and also very talented. He was such an added bonus to the wedding and cocktail hour! Thanks for making it great!

John Willingham's reply:

Thank you so much! It was a really beautiful wedding and I really appreciate you having me. I hope to see you around town!

S
Stephanie

Married on 06/02/2018

John played acoustic guitar for my ceremony and it was lovely! He responds very quickly and it just an all around great guy! I wish I could have had him play longer after the ceremony, but that's alright. I recommend him!

John Willingham's reply:

Stephanie, thank you so much for this wonderful review! It was a great pleasure playing for you guys and what a beautiful location. Congratulations!

C
Carl

Married on 09/17/2016

John was fantastic at working with us and with a singer we engaged, and he was hugely helpful in coming up with great music for the wedding and the reception. Always responsive and professional and a complete pleasure to deal with - highly recommended!

T
Timothy

Married on 10/12/2013

John is very professional and looks the part. His versatility allowed us to have classical guitar music during our outdoor ceremony, and folk music (guitar and vocals) during our reception. Excellent guitarist with large repertoire, capable of adapting any song for the occasion. Amazing vocalist as well (rich, deep, melodic, smooth). His professionalism and experience mean he needs little guidance, and can be trusted to complement an amazing day.

Married on 05/05/2012

JOhn was awesome! He played special request and even continued to play after the wedding was over. He exceeded our expectations.

K
Kimberly S

Married on 09/02/2017

John accompanied the soloist during my daughter's wedding ceremony. He also played the background music during the cocktail hour. I can't say enough nice things about John. He did a superb job, and his natural talent on the guitar is obvious. John is also conscientious and professional. What impressed me most was that John went out of his way to accommodate an out of town soloist who needed to rehearse with him the day before the wedding to make sure the song was perfect. As mother of the bride, I already had a lot to do and I so appreciated him taking charge of that. If you need a fantastic guitarist for your wedding, John Willingham is your guy. I will definitely call him again for other events.

John Willingham's reply:

Kim, Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I appreciate it so much. I really enjoyed working with you to make Rebecca and Jake's wedding a success. It was a wonderful day. I hope to see you again soon. Thank you! John