Back to Jorge Santiago Photography

J
Featured
Julia

Married on 09/02/2018

Jorge and his team were absolutely fantastic! Neither my husband nor I are great with formal photos, and Jorge was so accommodating and patient with us-he made us feel really comfortable and even made the process (that we had honestly sort of been dreading) fun!

In addition to being a delight to work with, Jorge was so quick to get our photos returned to us-we had all of our photos (from three full days of wedding events! ) back to us in under a month. And most importantly, they all turned out BEAUTIFULLY!

Jorge was really wonderful to work with and he did a fantastic job with everything! I would absolutely recommend his services!

CT
CT

Married on 11/24/2018

Great at capturing the feeling

We keep saying to ourselves, "I was hardly aware of our photographer all night," and yet we got so many wonderful shots. Jorge captured the fun of the evening without forcing moments into stiff overly posed shots. We feel like we have visual memories of "real moments". Beautiful work.

Jonathan

Married on 11/03/2018

Most amazing experience with Jorge

Jorge was amazing throughout the process. He was prompt and the pictures he took of our wedding were beautiful. He was willing to be flexible to work with our schedules as we were traveling to and from our venue for prewedding photos.

E
Emily

Married on 05/25/2018

We loved working with Jorge and his team! We as well as both of our families were thrilled with the photos he took of our day. He captured our day beautifully as it unfolded naturally through each portion of the day. He even accommodated working with our pup for a few pictures (last minute curveball we threw at him). He's structured but low-key so you can enjoy your big day the way you want to. Would give 10 stars if I could.

F
Fatima

Married on 03/17/2018

I am probably Jorge's very first deaf client, but I agree with his previous client (whose parents were deaf)'s statement just below me that he was inspired to learn ASL so that he can better communicate with future deaf clients like me! My experience with Jorge was nothing, but excellent. His level of professionalism was unparalleled. My wedding was unique in that it was a South Asian wedding, and Jorge took the time to understand each and every tradition which allowed him to capture every important moment. He was extremely patient and flexible among wedding chaos, which was very reassuring. He also managed to capture every single significant moment, while also making sure not to get in anyone's way. His assistant was equally as kind as helpful! Even family and friends noticed how professional they both were. Would highly recommend!

K
Katherine

Married on 08/12/2017

Do yourself a favor and hire this photographer immediately. He is the most talented photographer in Pittsburgh and he is worth every penny. My fiancé and I used him for our engagement pictures which we used as invitations for our wedding and the compliments we received about the pictures from our guests were numerous. He has an eye for natural lighting. He is professional, responsive and worked with our vision of what we wanted as well as offering up his own ideas. He is warm and friendly as well as his assistants that we met for our engagement pictures and our wedding. I can't wait to see our pictures from our August 12th wedding which he will get back to me quickly, just like the engagement pictures. I like that the pictures we have seen are not your standard cookie cutter pictures but beautiful editorial pictures that really capture the moment. Hire Jorge - you will love him :)

A
Alexis

Married on 06/24/2017

Jorge and Elisa were absolutely incredible. When you have 2 talented and creative photographers, that's one thing. But my entire wedding attendance complimented me on them too, even after the wedding. So in love with our pictures!

Simone

Married on 05/20/2017

Jorge Santiago Photography was the best investment I made throughout the wedding planning process. Jorge and his assistants are sensitive to the wants and needs of their consumers, professional, prompt, low key, responsive, and above all, TALENTED, I could not have asked for more.
My husband despises getting his picture taken and was completely against the idea of a photographer from the beginning. However, after meeting with Jorge for our engagement photo shoot, my husband was impressed and I was overjoyed! Jorge’s work is stunning and the amount of time he was willing to invest in us was unbelievable. He was willing to drive over two hours one way in order to hike over a mile for several hours to get us the photos of a lifetime. His turn-around time was quick and the results well worth the wait.
On the day, Jorge (known to many who have worked with him as a photo ninja), was never obtrusive or demanding. Jorge and his assistant communicated easily with my Deaf parents, (a must for me) and worked easily with the rest of our family members and guests. Jorge and his assistant were willing to go to my husband’s family farm to get pictures of him in his childhood home prior to the start of the ceremony. After the ceremony, they were willing to drive with us a few minutes down the road to a piece of property my husband’s family owns to get gorgeous panoramic shots. He and his assistant stayed at the reception until the last song and we received a final product of about 1000 GORGEOUS photos for us to treasure for all-time on a USB. The USB was mailed to us in a stunning, one-of-a kind wooden box that had one of our wedding photos printed on it and a multitude of prints for us to frame. I was rendered speechless by the kindness of the act and the willingness with which it was given. I cannot emphasize enough how far above and beyond the call of duty Jorge went to ensure we were completely and totally happy with his work. It would be a mistake NOT to book Jorge

Matthew

Married on 04/22/2017

(1/2) All I can say is stop reading this and call Jorge Santiago immediately for all of your photography needs! My now wife and I were honored to have him at our wedding and what an absolute treat it was. Jorge and his team (this review also includes every word to thank Elisa Cevallos and Kristy Lumsden) for being a blessing on our wedding weekend. Let’s just start off by saying that before contacting Jorge, we scoured the internet for a photographer that we felt would capture the caliber of such an epic day and once we saw Jorge’s work, we immediately locked eyes with each other and started emailing him. Jorge is amazingly communicative and answered all of our questions. We were even a bit nervous since we are Coptic Orthodox Christian and have a very different wedding ceremony than traditional weddings, but Jorge and his team did their research and knew exactly how to handle every second of the ceremony. Jorge even came early in the morning to photograph a church liturgy held for before the wedding ceremony itself! Jorge is a complete artist and we love his work. He was such a pleasure to work with! We scheduled a trash the dress session with him on the next day and it was SO worth it. We had such a blast. Both my wife and I are not from Pittsburgh (but got married there) and Jorge knew all of the best locations for pre-reception photos for us and the bridal party; and we went around all the scenic areas in Downtown Pittsburgh for the trash the dress to capture my beautiful bride in all her glory (getting down and dirty). I can’t even express to you how happy we are with having Jorge capture our special day/weekend. The bottom line is you should stop reading this right now and get in touch with this phenomenally talented person to schedule your photography needs.P.S. The sample photos he sent us right after the wedding are so stunning, we absolutely CANNOT wait to see the final product. Jorge far exceeded our expectations in every aspect!

P
Preethi

Married on 08/20/2016

Jorge is simply THE BEST. He spent all day with us on our sunny August wedding, and even brought along a second shooter so nothing would be missed. We received so many beautiful and creative shots, but I never felt like we were taking time out of our day to pose. Jorge would ask us to do a minor adjustment, and somehow turn it into a magical photo! He worked very well with the videography team at Trillium Wedding Films. I’m sure he gets along with everyone, but try to get this team back together if you can!

Jorge is not only talented, he’s extremely professional too. He arrived at 9am to start taking photo of accessories, and didn’t pack up til 11pm. I’d asked him for some sneak peak photos to share with our family abroad, and he sent me 9 photos at 3am the night of the wedding. We truly appreciate that kind of care and commitment to one’s clients and craft.

I remember when we were looking at photographers in the Pittsburgh area, and Jorge’s photos sold me before I even spoke to him. We also appreciated that Jorge gives you a thumb drive with the images on it, so you can use them for personal use. Other photographers may require you to purchase copies from them every time. Jorge also graciously offered to take photos at our rehearsal dinner since we didn’t get to do an engagement shoot with him.

Your videographer, photographer and make-up artist are the vendors you’ll spend the most time with at your wedding, so we’re happy we picked such an awesome photographer to do ours. Thank you so much Jorge, we’ll hit you up when a baby Gotow arrives and we can do this all over again ;)

L
Lindsey

Married on 11/07/2015

Just unbelievable. Jorge is a true professional and artist in his field. You will be amazed at the moments that he takes and the photos he delivers. We first met Jorge at our engagement photos. I chose him after many hours searching on the internet for a Pittsburgh photographer who was reasonaly priced that produced photographs that were of a magazine / art gallery worthy caliber. Jorge came through. While he can obviously and easily capture the stereotypical wedding photos, he goes above and beyond that. His photos are incredible, breathtaking, artistic, and unique. People have told me that our wedding and engagement photos are some of the most stunning they have EVER seen. On our wedding day, he was timely, professional, and easy to work with. He graciously took all the photos I requested of him. He was also able to offer very incredible suggestions for locations and different poses. All you have to do is take a look at some of his example photos to know that he is not your ordinary wedding photographer. He a true artist and everyone should book him for their special event! Thanks Jorge for everything!

J
Nabihah

Married on 09/13/2015

My wedding photographer cancelled on me a few months before my event and I stumbled across Jorge's website while searching for a replacement. Hiring him was the best decision I made for my wedding! When I contacted him, he was so calm and professional that he immediately put me at ease. I was worried because I was having a traditional Pakistani wedding with very different customs. I wanted a photographer who could be flexible. Jorge photographed my big, crazy, colorful 2-day wedding. He worked tirelessly despite shooting 2 days in a row. He always had a smile on his face and you can see how much he loves his job. We are thrilled with our pictures. I will recommend him to all my friends!

T
Tara

Married on 06/06/2015

Jorge was so amazing to work with during our wedding day! He was so kind and really listened to what we felt needed captured during the day. Not only was he so wonderful to work with, but his photos are STUNNING! So many of our family and friends have said his photos look like they belong in campaign commercials and magazines! His second photographer he brought with him was just as wonderful. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Michelle

Married on 08/03/2013

Jorge is an absolute pleasure to work with. His photographs are perfect in every way. We got our engagement and wedding photos through Jorge and we couldn't have been more pleased. He is creative, thoughtful, and professional. We gave him a very short time frame to take our wedding photos, but he found ways to maximize our time and we ended up with a variety of pictures. He is prompt in sending out a sneak peek of the photos while he is working on the whole album. I can't imagine having a better photographer than Jorge, and his assistant Matthew!

K
Kristen

Married on 07/20/2013

Jorge did a great job! He took both our engagement and wedding photos-very creative, professional, and flexible. What I liked most was that he was open to any ideas we had, for instance we wanted pictures with our dogs at a different location and he agreed without hesitation! He was truly a pleasure to work with!

Brittany
Brittany

Married on 07/13/2013

Jorge Santiago Photography was the best decision I made. He was extremely professional from day 1. Showing up early to every appointment and even making meetings with the church and venue without me knowing. He knew exactly what I wanted and gave me that. I will continually be letting everyone know, if they need a wedding photographer chose Jorge!

W
Eva

Married on 04/21/2012

I hadn't had the chance to meet Jorge before he photographed my wedding, but it felt like I had known him forever. He is very personaliable, professional and polite.

We received nothing but complements on his mannerisms- we have been to previous weddings where the photographer was rude & inconsiderate to family members who also wanted to take photographs of special moments – Jorge was very courteous to me, my now husband and all of the guests.

His pictures are beautiful, if you are looking for pictures that are more documentary style/artistic then just the normal wedding pictures you see every day then he is the photographer for you!

Thank you for everything!

L
Libby

Married on 12/17/2011

Jorge did a wonderful job. His photography is unmatched, and he captured our wedding day like a documentary--unposed, in-the-moment, absolutely incredible. Low maintenance and very professional.

Stephanie

Married on 10/22/2011

Jorge photographed our October 22, 2011 wedding on Mt. Washington. He is AMAZING! He's organized and professional. A few weeks before the wedding he sent us a questionairre to fill out about our wedding. It asked us about what we wanted in our photographs and asked us questions that helped to make sure we got what we wanted out of our pictures. Jorge was with us from the start of the day to the end of the reception and captured our day perfectly. He got a nice balance of candid and poised pictures. My husband and I aren't super comfortable getting our pictures taken, but Jorge came up with poses and ideas that put us at ease. We are recommending Jorge to all our friends and family for their upcoming events. We've shared our pictures with family and friends and they can't get over how incredible Jorge's work is. You would be fortunate to have him document your special event. We feel lucky to have had him as our photographer.

Lydia
Lydia

Married on 10/08/2011

I would absoultely 100% recommend Jorge Santiago to any couple getting married. He was an absolute pleasure to work with. He was kind and flexible and very professional. The photos that he took of both my husband and I getting ready before the wedding, during the ceremony, photo hour, and reception are stunning, artful and unique. He really payed attention to all the details. We were married at the Hyeholde in an outside ceremony. Jorge came early and scouted out the perfect places for us to make use of during the photo hour. For instance he found a small cave covered in ivy that looked enchanted, and a minitature castle house for us to stand in front of that only someone with such an artistic eye could have found. Everyone who has seen the photos has been in disbelief and have said they look like stills from a movie or magazine. He somehow magically captured every special moment from our day without ever taking away the private feel of these moments. He put our viewing website up very quickly for us to be able to send to family and friends, and when our dvd arrived yesterday we were thrilled at the beautiful presentation. It included a leather case with our picture in the corner, prints, and a dvd with our picture on the actual dvd itself. All pictures were given to us in high resolution for printing and low resolution for web sharing. He was truely a blessing and I will always cherish the beautiful images he caputured of our special day

Patsy

Married on 10/01/2011

Jorge worked with our budget and more importantly our needs. He was professional and courteous at all times. We had asked a few specific shots we wanted and he captured every one of the most important shots for each of us. Jorge also captured some of the most priceless shots of different family members including when our 3 year old grandson decided to join us in the middle of the ceremony.
I would highly recommend Jorge Santiago Photography to anyone one looking for a quality photographer that offers you the opportunity to make the photos everything you desire them to be from start to finish. Meet with him, you will NOT be sorry.

N
Nicole

Married on 09/03/2011

My husband and I hired Jorge to photograph our wedding in September. Part of our package included an Engagement session that we shot in April. The pictures were stunning. Very moving and vibrant, they told a story. After the engagement session we couldn't wait to work with Jorge on our wedding day. Jorge was so easy to work with, everyone on our wedding day commented on how comfortable they were with him. He has such an artistic eye, and was able to capture the mood and moments of our wedding day flawlessly. Thank you Jorge for being part of our special day, and giving us the perfect pictures!

Shannon

Married on 08/13/2011

Jorge was an excellent photographer to work with. He photographed both our engagement session and wedding day, and was very professional. He made us feel comfortable working with him, and we really had a great time. He is extremely creative and very open to your ideas and vision as well. We received so many compliments from family and friends who viewed our engagement and wedding photos. We would definitely recommend Jorge's services to other future brides!

A
Amy

Married on 07/16/2011

Jorge Santiago took beautiful photographs (both formal portraits and documentary photos) of my wedding, which alone are enough for me to recommend him highly. Above and beyond this, Jorge brought incredible energy and enthusiasm to his work. For the duration of the ceremony and reception (and the newlywed photo session in between), he found unique, colorful, attractive shots and captured the emotion of all the important moments in my wedding.

Jorge is also great to work with on a personal level. He was easy to communicate with--he responded quickly to my emails, found a time to meet with me that worked easily with my schedule, and understood what I was hoping for from my wedding photos. He also charged a very reasonable price (especially considering the quality of his photography). Working with Jorge was among the least stressful parts of wedding planning, and I am very happy I chose him to photograph my wedding.

W
Mindy

Married on 07/02/2011

Jorge Santiago is an amazing photographer and person. He takes the most amazing pictures I've seen and he works with you on posing and scenery. His prices are very good. Not once was I stressed working with him! Which as a bride on your wedding day is a HUGE plus. Thank you Jorge for capturing my wedding day.