Back to Kelly Loss Photography

Joseph
Joseph Lincoln

Married on 05/03/2019

Personal, professional, productive

Kelly took the time to learn about my wife and I to understand exactly what we wanted for our wedding. She assisted with the planning process of not just the pictures but wherever we needed her. She was very easy to work with and even was able to get our families to sit still long enough to get our group pictures done so we could finally celebrate. We had issues with our DJ, Kelly tried to help with it and took some stress off of my wife on the actual day of the wedding. In the end the biggest part is the pictures and her work speaks for itself. Would I use her again (not that I am think I will need anther wedding photographer), yes, and I recommend if you want your pictures done exactly the way you want and returned in a timely manner you use Kelly. Kelly if you are reading this thank you, you helped make our wedding very special and now we have those moments you captured for us to look back on forever. Thanks for all that you did for the Lincolns.

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

Joseph, melt my heart, this was the sweetest review! I adored the two of you, the love that poured out of your families and the FUN! I am so excited to see all the adventures the two of you go on! :)

Michelle Schiffer

Married on 03/02/2019

Easy, stress free, professional, wonderful, beautiful.

Kelly Loss is an absolute dream to work with. We had a “get to know you” coffee with her at our home and we felt so at ease chatting with her and letting her get to know us as a couple and as a family. She came to our home to photograph our marriage ceremony and all of our family members loved her, too. She captured beautiful, authentic moments on camera and helped us tell a beautiful story of our special day. I feel lucky to have found Kelly because I want her to capture many more special memories for our family. She is talented, patient, kind and supportive and we appreciate her so much.

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

Michelle, this melted my heart! I am so thrilled our paths have crossed and I'm super excited to continue documenting your family! :)

C
Claire

Married on 01/12/2019

Wonderful Photographer

Kelly really wants to know her clients-you're not just a number, she wants to understand you as a couple so that her photos reflect your personalities and priorities. Her photojournalist style was exactly what we were looking for for our wedding. She captured the little moments of our day, from the bride looking down to admire her new ring to guests singing along to their favorite songs. She even stood in the middle of the street getting covered in snow to capture some of our favorite photos from the day. Kelly also rolled with the punches when our portrait location was unexpectedly closed, finding a great nearby alternative at the last minute. Most importantly, she was kind and calm, which is what we needed with those last minute changes and throughout a wedding process! In the end, choosing which photos to print and hang was almost impossible because there were so many good choices. Each photo was special, unique, and perfectly preserved our memory of a wonderful day. We are so pleased that Kelly was part of our wedding!

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

I was so pleased to be a part of YOUR wedding day! What a party! Thank you so much for sharing about your experience with me!

L
Lindsay T

Married on 11/24/2018

Photographer- wedding and reception

Kelly is simply amazing. The GENUINE care and pride that she takes in her work is incredulous at times. We were worried about the idea of a "stranger" invading the personal space of our wedding and reception; but because of the time that Kelly invests ahead of time in getting to know the couple - and what's important to them- it felt like a friend taking pictures by the time the event took place.
As a same sex couple, we had another layer of concern as we looked into photographers. Kelly, from the moment we met at Starbucks, treated us as a crazy-in-love couple excited about creating a magical day. She immediately joined our mission and gave us the gift of capturing the magic and joy of our special day. We are incredibly grateful for her and have already recommended her to anyone who will listen. She is a gift.

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

Oh Lindsay, this is such a sweet message! And you and Cheryl made ME feel like part of your family. It was an incredible honor and joy to photograph your wedding!

H
Hope

Married on 11/03/2018

Best day ever

We hired Kelly to photograph our Nov. 3 wedding in Alexandria, VA and we couldn't be happier with that decision. From our very first meeting Kelly was kind, professional, and ORGANIZED. Exactly what a bride who has no idea how to plan a wedding needs. Kelly used to be a wedding coordinator with a hotel, and it shows. She came to our first meeting with sample timelines, sample albums, questionnaires, and most importantly, she came with time to chat. You could tell she wanted to really get a sense of who we were as a couple, what kind of day we wanted to have, and how we saw photography fitting into that. Along the way she was incredibly responsive to emails, and even helped me brainstorm the best ideas and most cost effective means of transportation on the day of, which was totally not her job.

One of the things I most appreciated about Kelly is that she didn't try to oversell. Researching photography packages online you would think you need 3 photographers, 12 hours of coverage, 20 outfit changes, 5 locations, etc. Kelly said while we could always add more hours if we wanted to, she thought 7 hours was completely do-able. Quality over quantity, baby. She was totally right. I ultimately didn't need 2 hours of photographs of my girls and I sitting in our pajamas while we got our hair done, and lord knows our guests didn't need pictures from hour 5 of our open bar. Looking at our photos now she captured every single part of our day. The getting ready, first look, ceremony, and most definitely the dancing.

While everything I have mentioned so far are huge perks of having Kelly as your photographer, hands down the best part are the photos. Looking at the pictures she took they so perfectly capture everything we were feeling inwardly, between each other, and with our guests. My husband and I didn't hire a videographer and with Kelly it turns out we definitely didn't need one. Looking at the pictures Kelly took I relive our wedding day over and over again. I'm not sure I stopped laughing or dancing the entire day and Kelly got it all. She captured so many moments of my husband sneaking glances at me, or me at him, and you can just see the love and happiness pouring out of us. Those are the photos I cherish the most. While the portraits she took are beautiful, her strength is definitely in documenting the day and all the candid and private moments that occur. Those candid photos are the ones that are the backgrounds on our phones, that we hung on our walls, and that we randomly text each other to relive that amazing day.

You will not go wrong with hiring Kelly. She was a breeze to work with, her product is beautiful, and she is such a sweet and calm presence to have on your team on a day with so many nerves and emotions. Thank you Kelly for the part you played in helping to make our wedding day the best day of our lives, and for giving us the gift of being able to relive it over and over again through your photos.

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

Oh Hope and Jason, I started crying reading this, it was so sweet and heartfelt! On top of this, I just loved being a part of your day and living all the fun moments with you! Thank you a million times over for sharing these words with me!

K
Kristen

Married on 10/20/2018

Talented, Experienced, Professional!

Working with Kelly was fantastic! She has a wonderful personality, put in the time to get to know us as a couple, and was very responsive. She is super organized, knew what we wanted ahead of time, and just blended in during our ceremony and reception. She was also flexible, working with us so that we were within our budget. We really wanted a photographer who would focus on capturing the candid moments and Kelly definitely did that. We are so happy with our pictures and had a lot of fun going through them, reliving the day, and seeing the moments we missed ourselves. Thanks Kelly!

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

Kristen, your wedding was so awesome, I love how much love and support was there at your wedding day!

Megan
Megan

Married on 10/13/2018

Simply Amazing

I truly cannot describe how amazing working with Kelly was. From the first meeting, my husband and I knew that she would be the perfect fit for our wedding day. What was most apparent, is that Kelly truly cares about her clients and making sure that not just the pictures, but the day is amazing. She was always available to answer any questions I had, regardless of if they were about the photography or just the wedding day/planning as a whole. It was such an amazing bonus to working with her!

I cannot be more in love with the ENTIRE photo package that she gave us. From the moment she walked in until the moment she left, she truly captured every smile, laugh, hug, and precious moment. My husband was not super comfortable with getting professional pictures taken when we started the whole wedding journey, however he loosened up and had a great time and we have to give Kelly an immense amount of credit for that. I cannot say enough great things about how working with Kelly was, and I would recommend her to anyone!

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

Oh Megan, this was the kindest, sweetest review! I loved spending time with the two of you, and your friends and family, they were the best! Much love and happiness to the two of you!

E
Erica

Married on 10/05/2018

Fantastic from start to finish

From the very start, Kelly was a photographer that both my husband and I could relate to. She was funny, engaging, and we felt completely comfortable around her. Her documentary style captured all of the emotions from our wedding and it is through her photos we can feel the same joy we felt that day. I would recommend Kelly to any couple who is looking for a photographer who can tell their love story!

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

Erica! I felt the exact same way about the two of you, you were so fun to be around and your families were amazing too!

J
Jill And Michael

Married on 09/22/2018

Great experience and very easy to work with!!

Photography was one of the most important aspects our our wedding day and we can’t recommend Kelly enough! She was very organized, easy to deal with, and extremely responsive to any questions ahead of time. She also met with us early on and then closer to the day to go through details. She uses her background as an event planner to help come up with schedules, timelines, and back up plans for inclement weather. We had a larger wedding with some semi-complicated logistics/timing and her organization and flexibility were especially helpful. Above all of this, Kelly is someone who easily connects with people. We were very comfortable with her even when camera shy and she quietly photographed throughout the day/night. We loved her photography style and our family photos, ceremony, and reception pictures turned out beautifully. She was able to capture candid moments, joy, emotion, and fun!

Married on 09/15/2018

Wonderful experience!

We can’t say enough great things about Kelly - Matthew and I had the most wonderful experience start to finish and are so happy we found her! She shot our engagement session, wedding and reception, as well as a separate religious ceremony before our family celebration. By the time our wedding day arrived our entire family knew Kelly on a first name basis and couldn’t wait for her arrival! Kelly is so thoughtful, patient, and caring - it shows in her beautiful work! She truly took the time to learn about what was important to us not only about the day, but also about each other and our families.

Kelly helped us to create a wedding day timeline so thoughtful and seamless, that we were able to relax and enjoy the day without starting at the crack of dawn and spending hours dragging our wedding party around. We were all able to mingle and partake in the atmosphere we worked hard to create!

Kelly and her second photog, Darcy, were so professional on our wedding day - they helped everyone to feel at ease and at times you didn’t even know they were there - all the while snapping up memorable shots left and right! Our coordinator even said they had never worked with such an organized vendor!

We are so grateful to Kelly for all of her hard work and the beautiful images we will have to share with loved ones for the rest of our lives! We can’t to work with her again!

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

Awww, thank you so much, this just melts my heart! :) I loved sharing in all the celebrations with your family - and what a wedding! (And who thought a hurricane could interrupt it!)

Blair
Blair

Married on 09/01/2018

Absolutely recommend Kelly's wonderful work!

Kelly Walsh Loss captured my wedding perfectly and I absolutely recommend her and her work. I first contacted her because I fell in love with her portfolio. You could feel the love in every shot. From first contact to well after the wedding, Kelly made me feel like my wedding was a priority. She was professional, kept in touch throughout the planning process, and was incredibly easy to work with. The day of she was calm and on top of things (brides - this is so important), quietly captured beautiful moments between us and our friends and family, and went above and beyond to get us some very special shots, including standing out in the pouring rain for a bit. Like I said, above and beyond. It's true what they say about your wedding day going by in a blur. Kelly's photos allowed me to revisit that day and linger on all of the sweet moments, which is such a gift. You will not regret investing in Kelly's beautiful work.

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

Oh Blair, this melts my heart! You and Davis were so much fun to photograph - I could have stayed at your wedding all night, it was a blast! 😍

Melissa

Married on 08/04/2018

Kelly Walsh Loss Photography did a fantastic job at our wedding! The photographs Kelly took of our special day captured memories that we will cherish for a lifetime. Kelly's previous event planning experience shines as she walks you through every moment of your wedding from getting ready to the last dance. Kelly worked closely with us to accommodate our requests and and did a wonderful job of documenting our wedding. We are very happy with the finished product and highly recommend Kelly Walsh Loss Photography for your big day!

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

Oh Melissa, thank you for the sweetest review! I had so much fun on your wedding day!

Alice

Married on 06/30/2018

We love our wedding photos! No, really, we LOVE our wedding photos. How do we even begin to review Kelly and her incredible work?! We knew from the start that she would be a great fit when she simply asked if we could meet her at a coffee shop, fill out some questionnaires, and discuss who we are and what we are looking for in a wedding photographer. She genuinely wanted to know us and our story. Kelly is compassionate, caring, and deeply talented. Because of her true care for the people she works with, her photographs capture the magnitude of the day, the beauty of the families and friends, the small details that we would have otherwise forgotten (i.e. Even this bride’s calendars and to-do lists posted on the fridge), and so very much joy and laughter. Her specialty is candid action shots (and they’re genius), but don’t let that fool you…her portraits and more formal shots are beautiful. She puts people at ease with her calm and competent demeanor and she is not intrusive or pushy in any way. She thinks through every moment of the day and ensures that nothing is lost on her camera roll (plus, it doesn’t hurt that she’s a former event planner – so she just “gets” the flow of the day and can anticipate where she needs to be at different points so that she didn’t miss a minute). In essence, she is an excellent communicator who empathizes with her clients and immerses herself in the environment to capture the mood - and she happens to take absolutely beautiful photographs.

You will love working with Kelly. You will cherish her work. You will miss chatting with her when the wedding is over.

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

Alice, the love is so mutual, I enjoyed every moment of your day, AND I know we are kindred spirits with calendars and to do lists! :)

Maggie

Married on 06/23/2018

Kelly,

I am at a loss for words on how to thank you for the photos of Mary-Kate & Daniel’s wedding. They are just unbelievable. Every moment of the day was captured beautifully. You were so kind, even with the amateurs in your way (lol). Most of the photos were taken so discreetly we didn’t even realize you were there! You are one talented photographer!

I hope you enjoyed your time with our crazy family. We sure enjoyed you. I hope our paths cross again some day.

Blessings to you and your family!

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

Maggie, I loved photographing your daughter's wedding! The energy, the excitement, and your family... they were all amazing and made photographing all of you that much more fun! Much love!

Mary-Kate

Married on 06/23/2018

I cannot speak highly enough of Kelly. She did such an amazing job capturing my wedding. It was quite a long day so I am extra appreciative of the efforts made by Kelly to catch every minute. I am notoriously camera shy so when picking a photographer I was pretty nervous. Kelly matched my vibe immediately. She listened to what was important to me and made sure to note anything in particular my husband and I needed from her. We met a few times before the big day and hashed out portraits/ideas. It made things so easy the day of because I knew what to expect from that part of the day. She even distributed a schedule to each of our vendors so that everyone was on the same page. I did not have a wedding planner so this extra service was particularly useful to me. Kelly made my husband and I feel comfortable in from of the camera and was so good that most of the time I didnt notice she was there... Leading to so pretty amazing candid shots of us with our families. I couldnt have asked for more. Highly recommend her services!

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

Mary-Kate! Aww... thank you so much for the kind review! I felt like a part of your family that day, it was such a joy to spend time with all of you! You and Daniel were an amazing couple that made my job so easy. I loved every minute of the day!

Morgan

Married on 06/02/2018

Kelly was an amazing photographer for our engagement photos and wedding day! From the start, she was responsive, super friendly, straightforward and clearly interested in getting to know us. Kelly and I met up for coffee after work and I immediately felt at ease with her personality and joy for what she does! She had great examples to show me and we went through the whole process. Her pricing was the most reasonable of any of the photographers I met with during wedding planning and I loved that it was super upfront and flexible. Approaching the wedding day, my now husband and I met with Kelly to discuss the timeline, family dynamics and our shot list and she had great recommendations! She was very reassuring that we could get everything done that we wanted and really put me at ease that I would not have to stress about the photography for our wedding day. She was always responsive to my questions via e-mail. I was so worried about the rain expected on our day and I can't believe that we pulled off exactly what I wanted - bridal party shots indoors and then wedding portraits at the monuments on the national mall (despite the drizzle)! On the wedding day, we met our second photographer who was also great and they both were such a calming presence. Kelly kept to the timeline so I didn't have to and she was brilliant with our bridal party and family members. We LOVE our photos and love her style! She really captured the emotions of the day and no photos look staged or stuffy which is exactly what we wanted. She brilliantly captured a group photo of all of our guests on the dance floor which we will treasure forever. What I most love about our wedding photos is that the ceremony photos really capture the intimacy and emotion of that time and the reception photos really capture the fun and joy we shared with our family and friends.

I can't recommend Kelly highly enough - I mean look at these stunning photos!

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

Oh Morgan, this is such a sweet review - and I love how you shared the entire process! (As you know, I love a good flow to the day!) Your family, friends and love for each other was so much fun to capture. I would be happy to join you all a again any day! Much love and hugs to you both!

E
Emily

Married on 04/14/2018

When it came to planning our wedding, photography was one of the most important things for me. I wanted to be able to remember not only the detail of the day, but the true emotions of how we (and our family & friends) felt. Kelly nailed it. From the beginning, Kelly was responsive and organized. I loved getting to meet with her and do our engagement photos. She was super helpful in developing the timeline of our day and organizing between vendors since we didn't have an outside planner. On our wedding day she felt like one of our guests, she wasn't distracting and helped the day flow so smoothly. She really values the importance of allowing us to enjoy our day, not just spend time taking photos (although I love taking photos! ) I was THRILLED when we received our photo gallery. She captured all of the most important moments and I was amazed by the range of emotions that she captured. It felt like I was reliving each moment by going through the photos. It is nearly impossible to pick just a few favorites. I will cherish them for years to come. If you want an organized, down to earth photographer who will capture the spirit of your day- Kelly is for you!

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

EMILY! Thank you for your kind words - your wedding was so much fun, I could celebrate it over and over! You two were amazing and I loved how open and caring you were with not only each other but all of your guests! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for allowing me the pleasure to photograph your wedding!

D
Darian

Married on 12/21/2017

All the Joy

My biggest thing I wanted for my wedding was the photographer. I feel like that's what holds all the memories after the day is done. Kelly did an amazing job with working with us since we were long distance. And the biggest thing I loved is she captured ALL THE JOY! The laughs, giggles, giddiness and happy tears! She captured it and that was amazing!

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

Darian! Oh my gosh, this is the sweetest review! I had so much fun capturing all of you, your husband and your family JOY! :)

C
Carolyn

Married on 12/16/2017

Kelly was by far our best Wedding Wire find! My fiancé and I planned a Catholic-Jewish wedding on a tight budget while in medical school... I can confidently say that our big day would not be as amazing as it was without Kelly. As soon as I meet with Kelly I knew she was exactly the relaxed but organized fun loving photographer I was looking for. Kelly was very considerate of our budget, helped us nail down our timeline and coordinate between vendors and family members on the big day. Before the big day we had an engagement shoot with Kelly in Old Town Alexandria and felt immediately comfortable with her behind the camera. We just got the wedding photos back and she captured all they love and joy in the documentary style we were looking for. We will look back on these photos with a smile on our faces for years to come! Thank you so much, Kelly!

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

CAROLYN! You made me tear up reading this - but your family, and friends, were just the coolest most exciting people ever! It was an honor to celebrate with you all - and I can't wait to see all the fun adventures in store for you!

N
Nicole

Married on 10/22/2017

Kelly was fantastic to work with. Our engagement photos came out amazing! Kelly has a great personality and is very interested in getting to know “your story”. She was great with communicating with us and even offered us some suggestions. Kelly would be a great addition to your wedding vendors!

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

Nicole - I loved learning yours and Mike's story - it is definitely one of my favorites! And not to mention, a bias to photograph! Much love.....

K
Kathy

Married on 10/01/2017

You will not be disappointed if you get pictures taken by Kelly! She is easy to communicate with and very accommodating. She might be one of the most organized people I know, which helped us stay on track with wedding planning. Her pictures are gorgeously real and will tell the story of the day. Her prices are fair and I found them to be competitive with other photographers. The overall price includes an engagement session, which you should not skip out on just to save money (it is a practice run).

Kelly is a doll and really cares about the people she is photographing! I would ask her to photograph my family again and recommend her to anyone who is looking to capture great memories.

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

Kathy - thank you so much for the kind words! Your wedding was so lovely and a joy to photograph! I am so excited for the two of you to continue on in many fun adventures together!

T
Trish

Married on 09/23/2017

I absolutely adored Kelly starting from our first meeting with her. She has one of those magnetic personalities that just makes her so enjoyable to work with. She is very easy to communicate with via email and is a joy to be around. She has a great “photographer’s eye” and was able to capture moments that matched the personality of the relationship between my husband and me. Professional, sweet, and talented- I will be returning to her for future photography needs for sure!

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

Trish! You are so sweet, and I loved how your wedding photos turned out! I can't wait to share them with you in just a few weeks! :) Love and Hugs - Kelly

L
Lisa

Married on 09/16/2017

We highly recommend Kelly! From the initial contact by email, all the way until the day of our engagement session, she was receptive, personable and went above and beyond to make our session special. I have to admit, I was a little nervous about getting pictures taken, but Kelly made us feel comfortable from the moment we met her. She even gave us tips to remember for our wedding day photos. We loved how the photos turned out and have already used them to make save the dates!

Mandy

Married on 09/16/2017

Kelly is the perfect photographer to add to your vendor list. She basically served as our day-of planner and helped us create a timeline for our event; she contacted the rest of our vendors ahead of time to send out the schedule and helped us figure out details we didn't even know we would need to address... AND THIS WAS ALL BEFORE THE WEDDING! Communicating with her throughout the process was smooth and effortless because Kelly always reached out when the time for engagement pictures or planning meetings came around. During the wedding, Kelly helped with little details completely unrelated to photography and made sure we had plenty of time to spend with our friends and family.

Her actual photography is stunning. She captured the personality of myself and my now-husband in our (included! ) engagement pictures and was there every step of the way on the actual day of the wedding documenting the big and little parts of the day. She also creates photobooks for couples using special layouts and highlighting the best pictures.

On top of all of this, she is incredibly affordable! She offered the best value in the area. Most importantly, Kelly makes couples feel completely comfortable around her which makes the day that much more special. Thank you, Kelly, for all of your hard work, planning, and execution.

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

Mandy - thank you so much for your kind words! I enjoyed every moment of the time I spent with you and Drew and am honored to be a part of your wedding day!

martha

Married on 09/15/2017

Kelly was great to work with from the beginning and has a down to earth personality. She took her time to know our love story and asked what was important to us for our pictures. She captured our special day with amazing pictures. She is a talented photographer her pictures express "in the moment ". We were blessed to find her and was absolutely the best choice we could have made as our photographer.

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

Martha! I am so blessed to have found you and Mario - it was an absolute joy to capture your wedding day for your intimate wedding ceremony! I am so excited for your family on the continuation of your exciting adventure!