Back to Kelly Loss Photography

42 Reviews for Kelly Loss Photography

Z
Zoe

Married on 08/12/2017

We couldn’t have asked for a better photographer or better photos of our wedding day! Kelly is an absolute joy to work with. In terms of preparation for the wedding, she is always on top of everything. She will work closely with you to understand what is most important to capture on your big day and will even work through a detailed timeline with you to help you prepare. On our wedding day, she was a calming and joyful presence and we knew we didn’t have to worry about every detail being captured. We absolutely love the many, many photos she took of our wedding. They are exactly what we were hoping for and beautifully capture not only the events of the day, but the emotions as well. Kelly is an extremely talented photographer, clearly loves what she does, and is such a sweet soul to top it off - we are so thankful we got to work with her!

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

Zoe, thank you so much for the kind and lovely review! I just loved your wedding day! :)

Sally
Sally

Married on 07/22/2017

Kelly is one of those vendors that you meet and you immediately know that you just have to hire them. She is down to earth, funny, organized, and a talented photographer. She was such a big help to plan our day-of timeline, which helped my now husband and I have a detailed idea of what we wanted our day to look like. While we received beautiful portraits, Kelly truly is a documentary photographer, so some of the most special photographs are the spontaneous moments that she snapped throughout the night. Another benefit about hiring Kelly, is that her wedding package includes an engagement session and a meeting before the wedding, so the time the wedding day comes, we were really comfortable with her and in front of the camera.

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

Sally - thank you so much for all the kind words! I loved every minute of your wedding day and being their to celebrate with all of your family and friends was so special! Congratulations on your wedding day and cheers to a beautiful marriage!

C
Caroline

Married on 06/23/2017

Kelly is AMAZING. She really felt like family through the whole process. It was our first wedding (of course as it must be for many of you), but her experience guided us through the process. She went above and beyond by asking us the details of the wedding, giving us a heads up that we need to think of certain things. She was very flexible with us. She gave us her undivided attention. Her passion to deliver great photos really transferred to us. The photos were great, and she was great. You won't regret working with her. We've been so busy, and she has been, too, but she has always been understanding with our late replies.

J
Jacqueline

Married on 05/27/2017

Working with Kelly was a pleasure! She really took the time to listen to what our wants and needs were. She was so sweet and we really looked forward to our meetings together. She was extremely responsive, and got our wedding photos to us in under a month! Even at the wedding, she and her second photographer made us feel at ease and were extremely helpful. For example, when it came time to throw the bouquet, BOTH of our event coordinators were MIA and I had no clue where my toss bouquet was! Kelly quickly grabbed a bridesmaids bouquet and handed it to me so we could keep the night running smoothly. The photos are absolutely stunning, and I am getting so many compliments on them. She captured all of the big moments of the day, as well and the little in between moments. In addition, she was extremely affordable. I would recommend her in a heartbeat!

L
Lindsay

Married on 05/06/2017

We hired Kelly for our May 2017 wedding in Washington, DC, and cannot recommend her highly enough. Her work is not only beautiful but emotional, meaningful, and insightful. She not only photographed our wedding day, she captured all the story lines and relationships and joyfulness that made it OUR wedding day. Months later, I still can't get enough of admiring her photos and reliving the occasion! But the wedding photos are just the end product. Kelly was great to work with from the beginning -- professional, responsive, thoughtful, and diligent. Kelly met with us several times in the months before our wedding and really took the time to get to know us and our story. She was extremely responsive to emails and worked closely with us to identify possible locations for wedding party portraits, even visiting some sites in advance and bending over backward to apply for a photo permit. She worked with a second photographer, who was also amazingly talented, which reassured us to know that not a minute of our wedding would be missed. And she had all 1600(! ) of our beautifully edited photos to us in about a month. Her website made them easy to share with friends and family, and prints were pretty affordable. But because Kelly gave us the rights to our photos, we could also do whatever we wanted with them. That's pretty awesome because not every photographer does that. Above all, though, Kelly was an immense pleasure to work with. She immediately put us at ease with her relaxed, cheerful attitude. At our engagement session, we felt like we were hanging out, rather than doing a photo shoot, because we had so much fun! We are glad we found Kelly for our wedding and hope to stay in touch. She will certainly be our first call for all future photo needs!

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

Oh Lindsay, this is the sweetest review! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of your kindness! Your wedding was an absolute joy to photograph (I could have celebrated all night with you!) Looking forward to future opportunities to photograph you both again! :)

B
Bianca

Married on 01/01/2017

Kelly was SO wonderful to work with! She is so amazingly friendly and personable, and from the beginning was willing to be flexible in meeting with us and sending us more examples of her work before we made our final decision! Our engagement photo experience was so wonderful - both my husband and I aren't very comfortable in front of a camera, but Kelly made it so easy, and the photos are absolutely beautiful! The same can be said for our wedding day - we are absolutely thrilled with our photos, and Kelly was such a joy to work with! Our album is also amazing, and we have received so many compliments! Highly recommend!

Ashely

Married on 11/19/2016

Kelly photographed our wedding in November 2016. We couldn't have asked for a better experience. We met with her to make sure it was the right fit (we immediately knew it was! ) and then we met once more before the wedding to plan the details. She asked lots of questions, listened to our requests, and made helpful suggestions. She is so personable and easy to work with. She was also willing to work with our budget, which was much appreciated.

On the day of, she was fantastic! She was organized, professional, and moved us right through the pictures after the ceremony. It was so quick and easy. We received the pictures back within three weeks and they are wonderful! We are so happy we found her!

Ashley

Married on 11/04/2016

Kelly is fantastic! She also has experience as a wedding coordinator, which is incredibly helpful with organization and time line adherence. Kelly is very professional, super organized, and extremely personable. We had a blast with her during our engagement photo session abd she kept us on schedule during our wedding. Our pictures turned out better than I could have dreamed of. To our surprise, she captured some special moments without us knowing because she was completely unobtrusive. We absolutely love Kelly and we are so grateful for everything she did to make our days so perfect and memorable.

M
Melissa

Married on 09/25/2016

Kelly did our engagement photos for our upcoming wedding. We had a wonderful time working with her. She was very personable, friendly and professional making for an overall good experience for us. She is very upfront about her policies, procedures, and the style of which she takes her photos. I would definitely recommend her to another couple.

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

Melissa - thank you so much for the kind review! I loved spending time with the two of you in Old Town! :)

User4768541

2+ years ago

Kelly was fantastic. She made us feel some comfortable and worked with our hectic schedule!

Pictures turned out great!

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

Aw, you two were beautiful to photograph! Loved spending that cold December day with you! :)

E
Ellen

Married on 06/18/2016

Kelly is professional, friendly, and awesome at what she does! She truly listens to what you want. We love our wedding photos!

TAC
Tara

Married on 05/13/2016

I can't begin to describe how utterly amazing it was to work with Kelly. From the moment I spoke with her on the phone and filled out her questionnaire, I knew that she would be the perfect photographer for our wedding day. From the second my husband met her, he was also certain we wanted to work with her.

We had our engagement pictures with Kelly in February on a gorgeous day. They were everything we wanted when we told Kelly we wanted "DC photos that weren't too cheesy/typical DC" -- she found the perfect settings on the Jefferson Memorial that still have people talking and asking who the photographer was. We knew she would be superb on our wedding day.

Kelly is one of the kindest people I have ever met and immediately puts you at ease on meeting her. She made our wedding day go smoothly and quickly with all of our photos, and everyone who met her absolutely adored her. She made all of our family members feel special and comfortable for photos, and made sure to get every shot for us throughout the evening, even going off to find different places where the light was hitting for the perfect shot. Her assistant, Rebecca, was also fabulous and so sweet, working hard to make sure to capture a photo of all of our guests enjoying the evening.

Kelly's quality of work speaks for itself - she truly captured us as a couple during the engagement and wedding photos. She made sure to catch us in our most special moments together, and set up some absolutely stunning shots.

I know Kelly will be the person we call to for all of our future photo sessions as we move forward in life together, and couldn't imagine our wedding day with anyone else.

Amanda

Married on 05/04/2016

I have to count my lucky stars when recanting how I came across Kelly. She was highly recommended by another area photographer, one who did not shoot wedding ceremonies. Within minutes of viewing Kelly's works, I just knew she would be absolutely perfect for our small, intimate union. And boy, was she ever! After our first meeting (via Skype! Because she is THAT dedicated to her potential AND current clients), we realized Kelly was just as excited about our wedding as we were! Kelly really takes the time to get to know her clients and their relationship through clever questionnaires and lovely interviews that feel as if you are just chatting with a friend. Not only is her photography outstanding, but she was able to blend into our ceremony flawlessly being able to capture EVERYONE (including Luci- our Rottweiler! ) in an authentic manner. We could NOT be happier with our photographs, prints (including a mounted print), and photo album-- I highly suggest purchasing one. Taking a trip down memory lane, re-living our big day couldn't be easier due to Kelly's craftmanship! She did not miss one moment, detail, or person. If you are looking for a talented professional who is intuitively warm and detail-oriented look no further.

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

Amanda - thank you for your kind words and for including me in this awesome celebration!

G
Gloria

Married on 09/24/2015

We used Kelly Walsh Loss Photography for our vow renewal and cannot relay enough how happy we were with Kelly's photographs. The pictures came out absolutely beautifully. Kelly has an amazing eye and captures the most beautiful and unique photos - She is extremely professional and honestly has a knack for not only capturing incredible candid photos but for someone like me that doesn't like having my picture taken - on the posed shots I felt so comfortable with her that I actually enjoyed it. I would highly recommend Kelly Walsh Loss Photography - absolutely the best in the area.

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

Gloria, thank you for the kind words! Much love and hugs to you guys!

L
lauren

Married on 05/30/2015

Kelly was such a wonderful photographer to work with. She made everything so easy and made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera. We used Kelly for our engagement pictures and we did them in front of the capitol building. To this day people comment on how lovely they were which is all Kelly! She was genuinely interested in us as a couple and took our feedback as well as providing us with suggestions for shots which turned out beautiful. Kelly has a great knowledge of the DC metro are and knows so many hidden gems to shoot in. It really was such a pleasure to have kelly photograph us as a couple and we will certainly try to book her for future photography. She gave us all rights to our pictures and even printed for us some amazing quality pictures.
I would recommend Kelly to anyone and I am planning on asking Kelly to shoot my friends' engagement pictures as a gift :)

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

Lauren - thank you so much for the kind review! You two were a joy to photograph - I had a blast! :)

User6570098

2+ years ago

4.7

We planned a relatively last minute DIY wedding, and Kelly was wonderful. She was responsive to my call, and eager and willing to do the job. Kelly was extremely positive, attentive, and accommodating. Her work was quite lovely and I appreciate all that she did to create beautiful memories for me and my family.

Kelly Loss Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with me and your incredibly sweet and personal ceremony. Loved being able to capture this day for the two of you and your family!

amy

Married on 07/02/2016

Kelly was great! She worked with us to make sure we had a proper timeline and she knew what to focus on. She gave us well over 850 digital downloads of our wedding! She was a pleasure to work with and very energetic.