Back to Kim Moody Design

88 Reviews for Kim Moody Design

Featured
Jessica

Married on 08/01/2015

Kim Moody Designs is not so much a company as it is a team of dedicated wedding professionals who truly love what they do. If you want to feel the ease and trust of having a second family handle wedding details while giving your real family a chance to enjoy your big day, Kim Moody Designs is the best option. This is a quality team who put loving effort into every detail they plan, while also gracefully and cleverly handling any number of crises that may come your way.

Kim Moody Design's reply:

We are SO happy that you had such a great time on your big day! We are honored to have been given the opportunity to be a part of the family and watch the love between such a wonderful couple! It was truly a magical event and one we will never forget! xoxo

Samantha
Samantha

Married on 06/15/2019

Professional, organized, and so personable!

Hiring Kim Moody and her team was the best decision I made when wedding planning. From the beginning everything was so organized and all of the team members working with me kept in touch on a weekly basis. They have great relationships with some amazing vendors, and I have nothing but good things to say about each and every vendor they recommended. Erin, Kim, Honey, and Ariel all were so friendly and easy going throughout my 2 year planning process and were so easy to get in contact with whenever I needed them! The day of the wedding went SO smoothly for me and I couldn't have asked for a more organized, easy, and amazing wedding day thanks to these wonderful ladies! My guests also had such great compliments to give this whole team as well and mentioned how organized, nice, and on top of everything they were. Kim Moody Design truly made my dream wedding come true AND made beautiful flower arrangements for me as well! I highly recommend Kim Moody and her team for all wedding planning needs, they are truly the best!

Kim Moody Design's reply:

It was absolutely our pleasure! We had so much fun with your family. And you are right - with a 2-year planning process - it's important that we all have great chemistry together! Your day was so special. Highlights included the bouquet quarter-mile sprint, Erin being star-struck by her favorite actor, and your dad telling her he wasn't the bride's father! haha. What a weekend! Thank you for choosing us!

Neal
Neal Mcdaniel

Married on 03/23/2019

Hands down best wedding planner/miracle worker!

Kim and her team of talented professionals are everything you could hope for when planning and enjoying your wedding. During the wedding rehearsal Kim emphasized that if anyone had issues (such as forgetting dress socks) the day of the wedding to contact her rather than distracting the bride or groom or their big day. We experienced an unexpected issue the morning of the wedding where three of the groomsmen arrived in a different color suit due to an error with the group number at the suit store (large, well known, national company). I assumed there would be no fix for this problem, but called Kim to let her know as pictures before the wedding were scheduled in 45 minutes. Kim immediately got to work and contacted the wedding suit vendor and arranged for them to find the suits, found a tailor to have them fitted, and had them delivered to us on site within the hour. AMAZING! We highly recommend Kim if you want to know everything will be taken care and have a perfect wedding.

Kim Moody Design's reply:

Neal you are sweet! Thank you for this post and we were delighted to help your sister get married. Your gift to her of the deposit on her planning fees were the sweetest gift any big brother has ever given to any bride. It was a pleasure to work with your family a second round and we really appreciate you thinking of us! We were so happy to be chosen for the job and it was our pleasure!

Anne Anderson

Married on 12/31/2018

Princess Sparkle's New Years Eve Wedding

New Years Eve wedding and reception! Honey, Erin and Kim were pulled all the vendors, florals and decorations beautifully. They understood our vision and priorites and worked to make it seamless and special for all of us. As the Mother of the Bride, I was able to truly enjoy the reception and leave the details to them. The communicated with all the vendors, handled all the set up and clean up and kept us on track with our reception timeline. They were professional and unflappable!

Kim Moody Design's reply:

Thank you so much Mrs. Anderson. It was a beautiful wedding and phenomenal celebration. We were delighted you asked us to be part of it! We are always here for you and your family. Best wishes and thank you for taking the time to write such a sweet review!

D
David

Married on 11/10/2018

Happy wife happy life

They made the entire wedding process go very smoothly and were a huge help on wedding day making sure everything went right.

Adam Cohen

Married on 11/04/2018

Wonderful!

Honeylynn and the other florists worked with us for a customized order that was within our budget. The flowers turned out beautiful and exactly how we wanted.

Kim Moody Design's reply:

Adam, thank you so much for your kind words! It was a pleasure working with you and Mei during the planning process. Thank you for inviting us to be part of your big day!

Married on 05/27/2018

We cannot emphasize how much we absolutely loved and appreciated the KMD team during our wedding planning journey! We were so lucky to have Honey Armstrong by our side from the beginning as we were looking for full planning services; planning a wedding can potentially be so stressful but under her guidance, it was a really fun and easy process. Honey is creative yet practical, responsive, patient, and overall, a joy to be around. She also has great professional relationships with other wedding vendors and we loved working with each of her vendor recommendations (catering, DJ, transportation, lighting, hair/makeup). KMD also does floral arrangements, which were beautiful! Many of our guests said it was one of the best wedding experiences they've had. Honey and the KMD team seriously created our dream wedding day and we are forever grateful to them!

Kim Moody Design's reply:

We were delighted to be part of your dream wedding. Hope you all are doing well! It's our aim to make sure your event is the very best your guests have experienced. What a compliment!

Shirley

Married on 05/26/2018

When my daughter came to us with her engagement news, we were so excited and immediately began thinking of wedding plans. When, where, who, how……oh boy, there were so many questions to be answered! After talking with Kim Moody at Kim Moody Design, we agreed that there were numerous variables that we had never even considered, and with all of us working fulltime, we needed help!

It was the BEST decision we could have made. Kim is such a professional and experienced wedding planner, and she was able to keep us on track all along the way, giving us numerous options to consider for every facet of the wedding, while keeping an eye on our budget! If we were feeling overwhelmed, she could quickly sense that and put our fears to rest! Her planning skills allowed her to stay on schedule and laid out everything for us to see, on a monthly, daily, and even hourly (as on the day of the wedding) basis!

Her vast experience enabled her to make recommendations for Equipment Rentals, Photographers, Caterers, Bakers, Entertainment, and more. Once choices were made in all areas, Kim became the point of contact and handled all transactions and planning with ease and expertise.

When bad weather became a serious possibility, Kim was on top of making plans to provide for alternate solutions.

Kim Moody and her staff provide an outstanding service, and we HIGHLY recommend her! We were able to enjoy the wedding without worrying about the multitude of logistics that need constant attention!

Thank you, Kim, Lindsey, Honey, and Erin!

Kim Moody Design's reply:

Shirley!! WE ADORE your entire family. You are all so special to us. The thoughtful touches for Anne Blair's wedding were such a great experience for your guests. I am missing all of the laughs and fun from our meetings. Love and hugs to you all. Thank you for the compliment of choosing us to work together.

Allison

Married on 10/07/2017

There is not a single thing I would have changed about our wedding day or the experience that Kim Moody Design provided leading up to it. Their team did a fantastic job with our day-of management, florals, and rentals. Honeylyn was our Lead Coordinator and Lindsey was her Assistant Coordinator. They recommended our Caterer, Cater2Events, who was both outstanding and in our price range. They also took our floral inspiration and put together arrangements that were unique and fit our vision. Both Honey and Lindsey went above and beyond to make sure that everything went on without a hitch and that no one in our wedding party or families had anything to stress about. They were thorough, professional, and put us at ease as they accommodated a few last minute curve balls with grace. Our guests are still raving about what a beautiful, fun, thoughtful wedding we had and the KMD team has so much to do with that. I would highly recommend them to anyone getting married near Richmond.

Kim Moody Design's reply:

Allison, thank you so much for your kind words! All the feels! You and your family were so warm and welcoming and gracious hosts. Thank you so much for your kindness and for trusting us with such a special day (weekend) in your lives. We look forward to seeing how your family grows in the coming years and hearing about all your adventures to come!

C
courtney

Married on 09/09/2017

We cannot say enough wonderful things about the team at Kim Moody. Our day was perfect, priceless and absolutely amazing... Down to every little detail. Honey made planning and picking details FUN and found a way to always keep me on track. Our memories of the day are how great everything turned out... Thanks to Honey and team.

Kim Moody Design's reply:

Courtney, thank you to you and your sweet family for inviting us to be a part of this big day! You two are going to do great things together, I know it!

Ashley

Married on 07/01/2017

Everyone at Kim Moody is extremely nice and professional! They made the whole planning process a lot easier! The day of our wedding was the most peaceful day! They were very organized, had all the vendors organized and informed of everything going on. Would highly recommend this company!

Kim Moody Design's reply:

Ashley, thank you so much for your kind words! We can't believe the wedding has come and gone already! Thank you for inviting us to be a part of your wedding weekend. You were so easy to work with, kind, and gracious. We appreciate you and Zach so much!

Elizabeth

Married on 06/17/2017

We just had my daughters wedding this weekend, and being from out of town, I don't know what we would have done with out Honey and Kim Moody Design! They knew the best places to get everything and Honey was amazing - she totally ran the show... Even when we ran out of beer and food and I thought my husband was going too lose his mind... She kept her cool.... And his... And made everything better. I would totally recommend them 100%... So glad that we chose to go with them! Worth their weight in gold....

Jayme

Married on 06/10/2017

Kim Moody Design was an amazing team to work with for my wedding! We used Honey and her team for planning and for the florals. I could not have imagined my wedding day without them. Honey had every minute of the wedding and reception planned out and on schedule. Just knowing Honey was there, I had no worries on my wedding morning. The florals that Kim Moody Design put together were breathtaking! Everything I could have asked for, they provided. I will always remember how the day looked, but also how I felt because of everything Honey and her team worked so hard to provide. I would absolutely recommend Kim Moody Design for wedding planning and for the beautiful florals.

Kim Moody Design's reply:

Jayme, thank you for your kind words! You, AB and your families made our job so easy. You were all so gracious and made us feel like part of the family if even for a short period of time. We appreciated you all so much, and thank you for inviting us to be part of this memory! -Honey

Susan

Married on 05/13/2017

They provide a needed service to make the experience less stressful and more fun. My son and his wife had a unique and memorable wedding, much thanks to the Kim Moody Design team -- Honey, Quinn, and Kim.

M
Martha

Married on 04/29/2017

We could not have pulled off my daughter's wedding without Hunny's help! While she honored our vision and ideas, she had great ideas of her own to supplement what we wanted and help us economically and easily achieve the most beautiful and fun wedding we could imagine. She orchestrated the rehearsal efficiently and made sure everybody knew when to be where and the wedding day/night itself came off without a hitch. Best wedding ever!

Erin

Married on 04/29/2017

We could not have asked for a better experience working with Honey at Kim Moody Design. We are going to miss her so much now that the wedding is over!

L
Lindsay

Married on 02/11/2017

The Kim Moody Design team was so helpful through our wedding process. We were so lucky to get to work with Honey! She is truly an expert at planning. We were provided with different sheets to keep us on track including a stationary guide, wedding party lineup, budget sheet, and vendor contacts. The working spreadsheet was my favorite! We worked together to fill all the important details in as the months went by. She was quick to respond to emails, and took extra time to have quick phone calls when I started to get nervous about some fine details. It was a load off to know that we had such a dedicated professional to coordinate with the vendors. Honey and Quinn were amazing the day of the wedding. There was nothing for me to worry about! They had all the bases covered. Quinn was readily available to help me maneuver in my dress, and made sure I had everything I needed. Honey was amazing keeping us all on track from the entrance to the send off! I didn't have to worry about anything after the send off either. They made sure all the gifts, flowers, cake, and anything extra we used through out the night was packed up and personally placed in the designated car to take home. I couldn't have had a better team to help my day to run so smoothly and stress free! Thank you so much Honey & Quinn!

Erin

Married on 12/03/2016

We worked with Kim Moody for both our planning services as well as our floral, and were very pleased with both. Our planner -- Honey -- was very helpful throughout the process and really ensured that everything was perfect on our day. Our floral was also beautiful -- very in tune with the inspiration pictures I had shared while still being distinctive and unique.

Eleanor

Married on 11/19/2016

Honey Armstrong was the planner we worked with. My daughter and her fiance did all of the pre-wedding planning with Honey. I did not meet her until the day of the wedding, but they had told me how efficient she was and attuned to every detail. She relieved them of a lot of stress, thinking of things they hadn't thought of, of course. On the day of the wedding, I was immediately impressed by how organized she was. But she really showed her mettle when we had a catering snafu during the reception: we ran out of wine, with 4. 5 hours left in the reception! This was at a venue 40 miles outside of Richmond - pretty much in the middle of nowhere. Unfortunately, the caterer was not on the premises, having over-committed his resources for the evening. It could have been a horror story. But Honey took control of the situation, and got the wine restocked in pretty short order. Thankfully, what might have been a miserably embarrassing night for me, my daughter and her husband, turned out to be a wonderfully fun event that we will remember happily. I cannot say enough about Honey's professionalism under fire. She was outstanding in the planning and execution and went way beyond her "job description" to ensure a wonderful event. Thank you, thank you!

M
Meredith

Married on 11/19/2016

Wow, what an amazing experience working with such a talented and professional team! Honeylyn was awesome. She made me feel completely confident that everything was under control from the moment we hired KMD. We selected the "day-of coordinator" option, but it was so much more than just that. I highly recommend this vendor.

P
Patty

Married on 11/05/2016

Kim Moody wedding planners should really be given a 10 out of 5! Mary Ruth and Quinn pulled the whole production together. And it was a production! They were priceless to me and my family. I wish i could have tipped them a thousand dollars a piece! Not only were they the wedding planners but also our florist. I didn't know it was possible to tear up over the beauty of the bouquets. The ultimate compliment to us was having them dance with us at the wedding! I have to admit i am tearing up as i write this because Mary Ruth and Quinn seemed like family by the end of the wedding. They helped us give our daughter Christina and her husband Ryan the wedding only dreams are made of.

C
Carley

Married on 10/29/2016

As the mother of the bride, having Honey there allowed me to breathe the night before and the day of. She took care of EVERYTHING. There were questions we had not thought about and things to do we had not thought about BUT she had thought about everything and with Conde's assistance, my daughter's wedding ran without a glitch. I am so incredibly grateful for her expertise, advice and friendship through all the planning stages. We could not have gotten thru this amazing wedding without them.

Sal

Married on 10/08/2016

If you want someone else to orchestrate your wedding day, there is no one else better then these guys!
It rained that day and they were ready with a plan B that made it stress free.

L
Lexi

Married on 10/01/2016

When I started the wedding planning process, I knew that I was going to need some help. I interviewed in person with multiple wedding planners in the Richmond area. Then, I knew my search was over when I spoke with Honey one night on the phone. I didn’t need to meet with her to know that THIS WAS MY GIRL! I spoke with her about what Kim Moody Design had to offer & their work ethic & I was sold. I went with the partial planning option & couldn’t be happier with everything Honey & the ladies at KMD have done for us. They made the wedding planning process easy. Honey was also there to refer vendors, answer questions, offer opinions. She literally has the answer to everything! During my planning process, Honey was pregnant & had her beautiful baby boy! Honey worked incredibly hard while she was pregnant & basically had my October wedding completely finalized before she went on maternity leave in August. Like who does that?! Honey does! Because she’s THAT AWESOME! While Honey was on maternity leave Kim went above & beyond to make sure that I was well taken care of. To make the wedding planning process even easier (& better) I used a lot of KMD's services. We used their rental decor, flowers, & stationary which were all amazing! When it came to the actual wedding, everything was flawless! Honey was back from maternity leave because she’s again, THAT AWESOME! The wedding day was everything I could have ever dreamed of. If anything went wrong during that day, my husband & I have no clue about it & that’s what they are there for. They set everything up & took everything down at the end of the night so we had nothing to worry about all day. Honey & Regis were there when we needed anything at all. My mom would not stop talking about how well taken care of she felt by them. Seriously, when I say KMD made our wedding perfect, they really did. If you are looking for someone to deliver a wedding beyond your expectations, I highly recommend Kim Moody Design!

John

Married on 09/24/2016

Mary Ruth was essential for our special day. Camberly was also there to help for our wedding, and was crucial for its success. We did partial planning and Mary Ruth was there throughout the process the big day and she was available by email at any time to answer any questions or give suggestions or ideas. We are so happy that we decided to go with Kim Moody Design for planning. We also did our florals through KMD and we were very happy with how all of the flowers turned out. We would seriously recommend KMD for planning and florals.