Back to Laura Alpizar Photography

Featured
Leah Andersen

Married on 09/01/2018

Absolutely Delightful

Laura is an incredible photographer! She goes above and beyond her duties to help make sure everything goes right for the special day. Before my wedding day she helped me with the day of schedule and was full of recommendations for other vendors around the Twin Cities. She helped my husband and I feel comfortable in front of the camera and was very professional in doing so. At the end of the day we felt like we gained a beautiful new friend into our lives. She takes incredible photographs and makes sure she gets the ones you will value the most. I love Laura and the work she does. I will never stop hiring her for events, and I will never stop recommending her. (In my husbands words, “10/10 would recommend”)

Laura Alpizar Photography's reply:

Thank you Leah and Dean! I am so grateful that you invited me to photograph your day! Being part of your day was a true honor for me - from beginning to end, your day unbelievable! You two are incredible!

Julia
Julia

Married on 06/01/2019

Wonderful!

Laura was such a joy to work with! She documented our day perfectly. She made everything go extremely smoothly from the get go. We were planning our Minnesota wedding from Oregon, so some vendors were pretty hard to get ahold of due to the different time zones. Laura was always willing to chat and calm my nerves even a year before the wedding! She took beautiful engagement photos and made me and my husband feel completely comfortable! I thought he would be the one who was camera shy, but it was actually me who had that problem! I was so nervous having someone I didn’t know take my picture. Since Laura took the time to get to know us on the phone and during our engagement shoot, our wedding pictures turned out perfectly! She knew what we wanted, our best angles, and how to make us laugh and let go! I can honestly say that we will be using her to take our monumental pictures moving forward (anniversary, babies, etc). If you’re considering having Laura take pictures for any event, do it! You won’t regret it!

Julia, Landon & Bear! I am so happy to read this

S
Stephanie

Married on 06/04/2017

Laura is amazing! I was pretty overwhelmed by the process of finding a photographer, as having our memories captured well was one of our top priorities. After browsing Laura’s work and reviews online, I reached out and she met with my husband and I in person over dinner. We were immediately eat ease with Laura and she spent time getting to know us and our story. She did our engagement and wedding photos. Neither of us are super comfortable in front of the camera, but Laura gave us prompts and games which resulted in great photos where we looked natural and like ourselves. After the wedding, a number of guests made comments to me about how nice Laura was and how well she worked amongst everyone, not being overly intense about getting shots, but melded in with everyone and went with the flow. All of our photos turned out SO well. I feel like she really captured who we are as a couple. I’d definitely recommend her!

Laura Alpizar Photography's reply:

Steph! Thank you so much for taking time to share your experience! Woot-woot. It makes me so genuinely happy to hear this ! Your engagement was a blast! You guys are a blast! And your wedding was such an amazing day! We were honored and thrilled that you chose us to document it.

Matt

Married on 05/27/2017

What a joy it was to have Laura photograph our wedding. We relied heavily on her experience and artistic judgement and she could not have made it more fun and easy for us. From our very first meeting, we knew we’d found a photographer whose passion for capturing the beauty, fun, and excitement of the day was expressed every step of the way. We were continually impressed, from her creativity and visual storytelling, to her flexibly and quick turn around. From her plans and preparedness, to her spur-of-the-moment flexibility… including the expert handling of a large number of children under 4 in the wedding party. Never was she without a smile on her face. And then the photos… just gorgeous. How she managed to capture the moments she did will forever delight us.

Laura Alpizar Photography's reply:

Thank you Matt and Kristi! You are incredibly kind and all sorts of awesome! :) We were super thrilled to be part of your wedding day!!

B
Briana

Married on 08/26/2016

We worked with Laura to shoot our engagement photos and wedding last fall and she was an absolute joy to work with! She made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera and our family can't stop telling us how much they love the wedding photos. I'd highly recommend Laura if you're looking for someone that can capture the real, candid moments throughout your big day. She was also extremely patient throughout the planning process and was willing to answer all of our questions. She is truly AMAZING!

Laura Alpizar Photography's reply:

Thank you Briana and Adam for your kind, kind words. I was only too happy to be there and capture your AMAZING love.

Lacy

Married on 09/05/2015

Laura did a WONDERFUL job with both our engagement photos and our wedding session! She was flexible, creative, and quick to send us a finished product. It was 90 sweltering degrees on our wedding day, and Laura and her assistant still worked their butts off, wrangling people into a photo, getting reluctant, tired children to smile, and going above and beyond to get shots we requested. I worked closely with her on setting a schedule for that day, and when a hiccup with another vendor sent us off that carefully worked plan, she and her assistant worked quickly to get us back on track. In addition to all of this, she has to be the nicest, warmest person I worked with throughout the process of planning. I know I'll treasure the photos she took for years!

N
Nicole

Married on 05/30/2015

Laura was so wonderful as the photographer for our wedding. She made us both feel so comfortable and made everything feel as natural as possible. She took so many pictures that we have a great record of the entire day. Plus I love the case that she provides to hold the flash drive with a wedding photo on it - I have it displayed as another keepsake from the wedding.

I appreciated that she discussed with us beforehand specific shots we wanted. I wanted to make sure to have photos of my guests, and she did a great job of making sure we had those.

If you hire Laura, you will not be disappointed. She went above and beyond as the wedding coordinator at our venue was not very responsive to our needs that day. She helped keep everything on schedule and coordinated. She kept me sane and lowered my stress level. I was so appreciative of all of her wedding expertise!

Overall, Laura is super creative and fun to be around. She made my wedding day better and hiring her was the best decision I made for my wedding day - besides saying I do to my groom!

User5001919

2+ years ago

Laura was the photographer for our April wedding and I cannot explain how beyond happy we are with how our wedding photos turned out! My husband and I were looking for a photographer that could make us feel comfortable in front of the camera and bring out our goofy and endearing demeanor. We were attracted to the candid photos Laura has on her website and instantly fell in love with her art! Our engagement session was so fun and casual, every picture was exactly what we had hoped for. OUR WEDDING PICTURES! When we look at them, we are instantly brought back to our perfect day, that is more than we could ever ask for. She got shots of our silliness, and made us feel so comfortable during the more intimate photos. Everything turned out more than I could ever imagine, I trusted her knowing she always had our best interest in mind and would do whatever possible to get the best shots for us. I would book Laura again, and again, and again!

Andy

Married on 12/20/2014

Laura did an absolutely wonderful job photographing our wedding. Her passion for her job was obvious in her planning, care and effort. We are incredibly pleased with how our pictures turned out and would recommend her to anyone and everyone.

Adriana

Event date: 04/05/2014

Laura fue genial con nosotros, es muy profesional y las fotos nos encantaron, una excelente fotógrafa y persona :)

Michelle

Married on 09/07/2013

Laura is so wonderful to work with! I would absolutely recommend her! Our wedding pictures turned out amazing. She was able to capture every special moment and detail of our big day.

Laura

Married on 04/27/2013

We are so happy with the service that Laura provided! Our pictures are absolutely amazing, she captured the most wonderful candid shots!

Andrea

Married on 10/18/2012

Laura is very professional, her pricing is very reasonable and the pictures are phenomenal! I highly recommend her!

P
Paul

Married on 09/29/2012

My wife and I couldn't have been any happier with Laura. As a photographer she is extremely creative, very professional, patient, calm, but she was also very accommodating to the constant changes that occurred throughout our wedding day.

Because she has a naturally creative mind and an uncanny ability to think on the spot, she was easily able to capture the most beautiful moments of our wedding day. We couldn't be any more pleased.

I highly recommend her as a photographer.

Thanks again Laura!

Lucy

Married on 07/21/2012

Laura is fantastic. We are so pleased with our photos, both our engagement and wedding photos. She is professional, creative, fun, and easygoing. I highly recommend her.

S
Sharon

Married on 07/07/2012

We LOVE our wedding pictures by Laura. She is great, fun to work with, and extremely talented!

J
Jenny

Married on 06/16/2012

When I initially started the search for a wedding photographer I was worried. I thought that the limited budget that my husband and I had would mean that I had to settle for mediocre photographs. Then I found Laura. I loved the images from her website, and once we met with her we absolutely knew that she was the right fit for us.

On our wedding day she captured details that I didn't even think to alert her to, and I am so grateful to be able to look back at those and see all the hard work that went into making our day personal and special. She was completely unobtrusive during the wedding, but managed to direct us all and get the family and friend photos that meant the most.

Most importantly, the images that she got during our wedding are gorgeous. She absolutely managed to catch all of the emotion and happiness, and seemed to be in a million places all at once. I cannot believe how rich and beautiful all the pictures are, and my husband and I are both so thrilled with them. I can't recommend Laura highly enough.

Laurie

Married on 02/25/2012

Laura is awesome! Not only here pictures were everything I ever wanted, the candids, the session with us and all the special moments in the ceremony. She was very professional and made us feel at ease with the pictures and the timeline of them ( we were planning the wedding ourselves) - she even recommended what to do in case it was too cold to go out we had a backup plan , we had so much fun with her! Best pictures ever :)

Laurie

Married on 10/22/2011

I loved Laura's photojournalistic style from the moment I laid eyes on her website. Once I found out that her prices were so reasonable, I was thrilled to be able to hire her to be the photographer for my wedding in October of 2011, especially once I found out that she included an engagement photo session in the well-priced package. In every interaction and contact that we had, Laura was always professional and personable. She was wonderful on the day of the wedding--prompt, sweet and patient with the 7 kids that we had in our wedding party. Our wedding photos turned out beautifully and we love looking at them because Laura really captured so many details from the day. Laura is a fantastic photographer to work with and I would highly recommend her.

Mary

Married on 09/24/2011

Laura is one of the sweetest persons I have met and that is reflected in her work, all of her pictures are very beautiful. I could look at my wedding pictures over and over.
She is very professional and attentive , I would (and have) recommend her to everyone!

N
Fernando

Married on 11/27/2010

Her service was really special and high quality were very satisfied

Magaly

Married on 09/25/2010

Laura is a great photographer, very friendly, helpful and she makes the person feel comfortable during the session. My husband and I are very thankful and happy with the beautiful pictures of our wedding.

F
Francisco

Married on 08/21/2010

Laura is an excellent photographer, she were available for our questions, she explain us all the details about our sessions and had time to guide us. She works with passion in our wedding day and we get more than we expect from her work.

Adriana

Married on 05/29/2010

Laura is a great photographer, I loved to work with her. She's got an eye for unique photos and how to make them work. Personally, I'm not a fan of someone taking pictures of me, but with her I felt so comfortable that I didn’t mind hundreds of pictures being taken. She's a lovely person; my husband, my daughter and myself enjoyed a lot in our engagement session and in our wedding also. You'll be lucky if you hire her because you will get more than a photographer, you (as I did) could also find a very good friend!

G
Guillermo

Married on 05/29/2010

Laura has the very rare skill not only of taking AWESOME pictures, but of making his customers feel super comfortable and relaxed. I disliked photos. I hate them. But I would be on Laura's camera anytime again, she made me love them pictures for once.