Back to Laura Westrem Artistry

| Minneapolis, MN See photos, pricing and details

34 Reviews for Laura Westrem Artistry

Featured

Married on 09/20/2014

Laura was a delight to work with for my hair and makeup on my wedding day. She asked me what type of look I wanted for my wedding-- I wanted to look like a classic, beautiful bride. She definitely achieved the look I was going for. I felt so beautiful all day and evening. Since I live approximately 3 hours away from the twin cities, she fit my trial in the morning of my bachelorette party. That was wonderful of her to be so flexible and accommodating as I was not sure when else I would be able to get to the cities until our wedding week. The day of our wedding she did my hair and makeup as well as my girls hair. Another thing about Laura, she is so KIND and easy to talk to. You will be so happy if you choose to hire her for your big day.

Erin

Married on 10/27/2018

Best Hair/Makeup Artist you could ask for!

This sounds silly but I didn't realize until my wedding day how much of an impact your hair and makeup vendor has on your wedding day beyond your hair and makeup. Laura Westrem nailed my hair (my aunt did my makeup) and did an amazing job for my bridesmaids. During the trial run, she got exactly the look I'd wanted on the first try and replicated it perfectly the day of. She even helped me find some beautiful (and inexpensive) accessories for my hair. Laura is beyond talented. But possibly more important is the fact that she is EXACTLY the person you want to spend the hours leading up to your wedding with. She is so positive and kind-hearted. She never loses sight of how big of a day it is for you and every interaction with her shows it. I am really grateful to have had Laura be a part of my big day.

M
Morgan

Married on 10/07/2018

Laura. Is. Phenomenal. Getting your makeup and hair done by Laura is like having a spa day with your best friend who just happens to be a top tier professional. She is kind, courteous, hilarious -- and so skillful at her trade. In addition, she made planning from out-of-state a breeze. Laura checks in at every step of the way to make sure you feel nothing short of gorgeous and comfortable. I tend to not wear a lot of makeup (mascara and blush only usually) and wear my hair straight down, so I was worried about not looking like myself for photos -- but also wanting to look beautiful and put together. Laura nailed it. I felt like a natural, glowing bride -- and at the same time comfortable and looking like a movie star version of me.

Laura, thank you so much for making my day awesome. Thank you for listening, laughing, and supporting my bridesmaids and family. Thank you for all of your support, kindness, and your amazing skills. Thank you for all the bonus awesomeness!

D
Dana

Married on 09/22/2018

Everything I asked for

Laura did the hair and makeup for my wedding in September and she did an amazing job! I had her and her team do all 7 of my bridesmaids hair and some of there makeup! Not only did everyone look amazing but I felt like she pulled out all the stops to make sure my hair and makeup were perfect. My hair looked better then I ever could have imagined and my makeup was flawless. I would high recommend Laura and her team. Not only is she extremely personable and professional but she was very flexible with me and my crazy schedule. I would not have changed a thing!

Married on 06/30/2018

She is seriously the BEST at what she does. Super relatable, outgoing, flexible! She did my hair & make up just the way I wanted. She also did a trial run on me weeks before the wedding which i loved also! I will be telling everyone about Laura!

J
Jenna

Married on 06/01/2018

I am SO HAPPY that I booked Laura Westrem and her team for my wedding! I found Laura based on her amazing reviews, so it is only fitting that I leave a review of my own. Laura was phenomenal to work with throughout what was really a year long process, starting with an initial consultation in April 2017 all the way through our wedding in June 2018. My (now) husband and I took our engagement photos in September 2017, and based on Laura's suggestion, she did my hair and makeup trial earlier that day. This worked out great, as it meant that I was able to have professional hair and makeup for my engagement photos, which turned out beautifully. I worried at first that having the trial so many months before the wedding might be an issue, but I had no cause for concern as Laura had taken very detailed notes and photos and everything turned out just the way I wanted for the wedding. In the months in between, Laura exchanged countless emails with me as we ironed out the details for the wedding day and was always incredibly kind and patient. I invited 10 women to get their hair and makeup done by Laura and her team in 2 suites at our hotel (the Depot Minneapolis) the morning of the wedding, and Laura organized a crew of 6 artists to come on site and provide all of those services within the allotted window of time, which was a small miracle! I was highly impressed by each of the artists, who not only did a fabulous job on hair and makeup for the ladies, but also made everyone feel comfortable and excited about the day ahead. I also opted to have Laura stay on until after the wedding ceremony, which is one of the BEST decisions I made during my wedding planning. She came with during photos, helping to carry my dress so that it didn't drag through the rain puddles, fixing my hair between shots, reapplying lip color as needed, and then touching up my curls before and after the ceremony. She went so far above and beyond my expectations, I was blown away! Book her immediately!

adereck
Alexa

Married on 01/06/2018

Wonderful experience

I got the trial and full wedding day airbrush and updo. I have naturally curly hair and this is the first time my hair wasnt a total disaster after having it styled. I felt beautiful all day. Laura was amazing and worked with our crazy time schedule that day.

B
Brandy

Married on 05/20/2017

From my first contact with Laura, she set herself apart from all other makeup artists; even via email, she made it clear I was a priority and she valued me. We scheduled my bridal makeup trial for the day of our engagement photos, and when the photo session was rescheduled at the last minute due to weather (December in Minnesota), Laura was more than understanding of the change. I suggested that we still do the trial, but she insisted on rescheduling so I could have that flawless look for our photos and get a better feel for how the airbrush/makeup would look in photos. I know many other vendors would not be flexible with a change less than 12 hours before the scheduled appointment and I am so grateful for her superior client service!

When she came to my home for the trial, it felt like we had known each other for years; she is so easy and fun to chat with! I started by showing her a few looks I liked and when we got started, she described what she was doing each step of the way, asking my opinion and whether I wanted anything added or taken away. I was so blown away by the finished look (as was my fiance)! She also made it clear that I can let her know if there is anything I want tweaked for the big day, whether it be bigger lashes, less highlighter, you name it. I am so excited to have her do my wedding makeup and know my girls and I will have a blast getting ready with her. Thank you Laura!

Allison

Married on 10/28/2016

Laura was wonderful. She was incredibly flexible with scheduling my trial to squeezing in a last minute bridesmaid the day of the wedding. Reviews are what led me to booking Laura and I was not disappointed at all.

Elizabeth

Married on 10/22/2016

Laura was AWESOME! She came to my house for the trial and listened to what I wanted. There were some minor tweaks that I wanted she was more than willing to make them. She just wanted to be sure I LOVED my hair for my big day. You don't get a re-do so she made sure it was done right. Loved her and would totally recommend her to anyone looking for a fun and talented hair and makeup artist.

User7552110

2+ years ago

Laura is amazing! She is a total perfectionist, which is exactly what I want in a hair and makeup artist (especially on my wedding day!). She made the morning of my wedding absolutely memorable and made me look more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. She really made my vision come to life and I got compliments all night long, as well as after the fact from people viewing my photos.

User7554766

My wife looked amazing. Laura is great! Highly recommended

C
Cassie

Married on 10/10/2016

Do not hesitate to book Laura Westrem for all hair and makeup needs! She is undoubtedly the best in her field and is an expert! She made me look exactly how I requested and knew what colors, tones and styles would flatter me most. Her and her team worked wonders on my family and made them look their absolute best. If I could do it all over again, I would choose Laura, hands down! I have so much confidence in her abilities. Look at her website and see for yourself. Trust in Laura and you will not be sorry.

S
Stephanie

Married on 10/09/2016

I was a bit last minute getting a hair ad makeup artist for my wedding and lucky for me Laura had an opening in her schedule. Laura and her team were beyond all expectations. She was always accessible, responded very quickly and added so much joy to my wedding day. Not only does she do an amazing job but she goes above and beyond to make you comfortable and relaxed so you can enjoy the day stress free! She was the best vendor I used and very affordable. If I were to do the day all over I would use her time and time again. 10 OUT OF 10!

N
Nancy

Married on 09/10/2016

I would advise the couple to look no further. Laura is AMAZING. She was able to make me look better than I ever thought was possible. She was very accommodating and knew immediately what colors to use on me. She also made a special trip to the supply store to get the perfect color lipstick. (which I currently wear everyday) She made me feel very comfortable the day of my wedding. She is tons of fun to work with and has a very positive, upbeat attitude. I felt like I was with my best friend. She was also very good at handling my husband since he needed a little "touch up" for the photos. She knew she would only get a hold of him for couple of minutes and had to get everything completed quickly. I will use her again for any event I need to attend where I have to look better than my potential.

User6469575

2+ years ago

If I could give Laura and her crew 10 stars, I would. When you hire Laura, you are not just hiring another vendor. You are receiving a friend who genuinely cares about how gorgeous you look on your special day. I had the privilege of having Laura and her Mom at my wedding. They were like fairy godmothers - running around making sure you have everything you need. They know weddings and provide this calm you wouldnt otherwise experience. I mentioned I was hungry at one point and Laura's mom busts out some ham and swiss sandwiches from her bag. Need a toothbrush? They had a disposable one. Need a laugh? That just happens the whole time. I cannot review Laura highly enough. Just do yourself a favor and hire her!

Emily

Married on 08/12/2016

So very much loved everything about my experience! Worth the money but even more for the love and spirit Laura brings to her work and her relationships.

User5589857

2+ years ago

Start as a client, leave as a friend.
Laura first helped me with my hair and make-up for my senior pictures. My mom and I had such a fun time with Laura that we hired her again at my mom's wedding. Since Laura did such an amazing job the first two times, I was POSITIVE I wanted her to help me at my wedding. My hair and make up was more perfect than I even imagined it to be. Besides the fact that Laura is an amazing artist, her and her mom are a great team to work with! She is so personal and can brighten up any room with her radiant personality. She made my senior pictures, my mom's wedding, and my wedding 100 times better. She goes above and beyond and exceeded all my expectations. Hiring Laura for any event is a decision you won't regret!

User6890601

2+ years ago

Laura was SO AWESOME to work with for hair and make-up for my big day! She was super responsive in her communication and had such a great personality. We were able to fit in my pre-wedding appointment the day of my bachelorette party, and having that extra time made the day of the wedding run so smoothly. Laura and her team of two others traveled from the Cities to Trego, WI (Heartwood Conference Center), where our wedding was located. On my wedding day, her make-up choices were perfection, airbrushing was amazing, and hair extensions were awesome. Best of all, Laura and her team were so fun that we laughed all morning while getting ready, which was a great, relaxing way to start the day. Even my mother, who's never had her make-up done before (or eyelashes), really raved about the process and how comfortable she was. Overall, Laura is a 10+ out of 5 stars. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

S
Shelley

Married on 05/21/2016

Laura is an amazing artist. I've never had the opportunity to have a professional makeup artist prepare me for any event so I was a bit skeptical. Laura was calm, confident and very professional. I was told I looked 10 years younger after Laura did my makeup and hair for my son's wedding. I would definitely request Laura in the future.

Allissa

Married on 04/22/2016

I had no clue how I wanted my hair done for my wedding day. Laura did great with communicating with me and giving me good advice. She made a trip to me to do a trial run and hair and makeup were flawless.

User5310799

2+ years ago

Laura not only did a beautiful job on my hair and makeup but was a joy to work with. Her upbeat and loving personality made me feel completely at ease on the big day. Did I mention how beautiful my hair and makeup was?!?! Working with Laura was the greatest!

M
Miranda

Married on 09/01/2015

I chose Laura as my hair and makeup stylist for my wedding after reading only great reviews about her work. My wedding is not until next April but a few days ago I had my trial with Laura and couldn't be happier. She made me feel so beautiful with the makeup look she created. I gave her very little direction on my hair but after telling her a little about my wedding and showing her my dress she created a beautiful updo that I think will be perfect. Can't wait until my wedding day is here!

K
Kristin

Married on 03/13/2015

I am at the lucky recipient of the 2015 Fairy Godmother Project MN wedding, a project that donates a wedding to one military couple a year. Laura signed up as the donating vendor for my hair/makeup, also providing for my bridal party and mothers. I met Laura for a trial before my shower, and I immediately connected with her. She is fun, easy going, and has energy that people want to be around. Laura not only fit me into a busy Sat. , but she took extra time to spruce up my sis. I met Laura again for a boudoir shoot. Laura spent hours with me. Once again, I felt beautiful. Laura knows how to work her magic. Laura and I conversed many times before my wedding about a rash on my face. She advised me on things to try and eliminate. I was allergic to my makeup brushes and only realized after Laura’s council. Wedding Day was amazing! We had a destination wedding. Laura and her two assistants Mary and Cory were amazing. They beautified 11 women. They worked around the chaos of all of us plus my dogs, visitors and a few meltdowns. They were very kind and patient and helped keep the good energy flowing. After I had left to begin pictures, they went with my mother-in-law to her hotel room to assist her in dressing my father-in-law, who has recently been confined to a wheelchair. I had 6 people tell me how impressed and touched they were by Laura and her crew for helping my in-laws. The stress of caring for someone disabled is intense, especially when you are out of your element in a strange place. I cannot imagine what they would have done without their help. My mother-in-law shed many tears of gratitude. What I take from this experience with Laura is way more than just beautiful hair and makeup. My heart is touched by her giving nature and her selflessness in going way above and beyond to help aid us in so many ways, ensuring our wedding was a success. What I take most is Laura’s friendship. I cannot thank her enough for all she has given to me. She is the best of the best.

User4697863

2+ years ago

I have always disliked when having my makeup done in the past for other wedding and was hesitant to have professionally done for my own. Laura was highly recommended to me from a coworker so I thought this would be the time to try again. I was over the top impressed by Laura's work and was so glad I went with her for my wedding day! Would definitely recommend to anyone who wants to look even more stunning on their big day.