Back to Leah Marie Photography + Stationery

40 Reviews | Raleigh, NC See photos, pricing and details

40 Reviews for Leah Marie Photography + Stationery

Amy

Married on 04/27/2018

I was lucky to have met Leah at a wedding we were both hired for... She for photography and I for makeup and officiating.
Leah Marie was laid back yet professional. She was setting up shots when they needed to be and then disappeared into the background, still photographing while things were happening.
I could tell she really cares about her clients and wants all of them to be happy. I believe she makes them very happy, indeed.
Thank you again, Leah, for an amazing day working with you!

Leah Marie Photography + Stationery's reply:

Thank you Amy, it was my pleasure!
Leah Marie Photography + Stationery

I
Ingrid

Married on 04/27/2018

We were so very fortunate to have found Leah for our photographer for our small wedding! Of all the places to find a wedding photographer, we found Leah through the Duke internal website. ( We both work at Duke. ) I contemplated calling others in our area, but for some reason I did not. From our first call to her, to the present, she has impressed us through her personality and professionalism, and above all her natural ability to capture us and our family in perfectly composed photos, many taken spontaneously. Leah is everything a good photographer should be. She is passionate about her work, and aims to please. She is aware of the lighting, the surroundings, and the people to create her beautiful images. She fit right in with my family, was relaxed, was out going, and knew what photo shots she envisioned. When she came to the wedding, she got her camera out and started taking photos almost immediately, without any previous planning or prompting from us. For most of the wedding and reception I did not even know that she was around!

We received our photos relatively quickly after our special day, and were surprised with the quality and quantity. We recently met again, and with Leah's assistance, chose thirty some photos (of the approximate 750) for creating our wedding album. Leah's patience, and artistic and photographic eye were invaluable. Leah went above and beyond our expectations as our photographer, and we could not be happier with her and our photos!

Thank you Leah!

Leah Marie Photography + Stationery's reply:

Thank you Ingrid + Stuart! You both are amazing and it was my pleasure to be part of your beautiful day.
Leah Marie Photography + Stationery

R
Rebecca

Married on 04/26/2018

I’m so glad Leah was our photographer on our special day! I loved her creative suggestions for picture locations such as a Marina in Southport, NC. I felt like I was going back to my childhood while I posed on a boat and the docks.? I also loved Leah’s spontaneity in having us take pictures in a beautiful historic home in Southport. I still keep looking at our pictures weeks after our wedding and I picture myself, my husband and our dog walking on the beach as if we were really there as the pictures look so natural and relaxed!

J
Jamie

Married on 10/21/2017

Our wedding was Oct 21st, 2017 in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania. Back in November of 2016, I had booked a photographer that was recommended to me by a friend. To my dismay, I was very unhappy with the work and professionalism of that photographer as he had done our engagement shoot. Without knowing which way to turn, by a random act of God I had seen the work of Leah Marie on Facebook. She had done a wedding for one of my very dear friends who happens to be a professional actress. Out of shear curiosity I had contacted Leah and asked if she had ever traveled long distance to do a wedding and what type of cost would be involved (wasn’t thinking I could swing it! ) I knew that she was in North Carolina whereas I am in Pennsylvania. After much deliberation and soul searching, I took the plunge and hired Leah. It was THE BEST DECISION I made! Leah was beyond accommodating financially (as I took a $700 hit from the previous photographer) and YES, she was willing to travel to us. I can not say enough wonderful things about Leah and her photography! She is beyond friendly, flexible, well-traveled, easy to communicate with, and completely fair. Her work is PRICELESS! We got our photos back in a very quick turn-around time and till this moment, I tear up when I look at them. Her use of light and scenery is unbelievable. Her personality, her energy, her calmness (we had her working ten long hours), and professionalism are second to none. She is not afraid to direct you into the perfect position for those perfect shots and on top of it all, her raw talent just shines through her work in every aspect! I cannot express enough how pleased I am with having worked with Leah and I would shout her name out to the world if I had a large enough megaphone!

M
Morgan

Event date: 10/15/2013

My boyfriend and I were casually strolling Wrightsville Beach one afternoon, and this bright, happy young woman approached us asking if she could take our pictures! We were so lucky to run into a professional photographer with a new camera on the beach. They absolutely turned out better than the selfies we were trying to take on our phones! Leah makes you feel very comfortable in front of the camera, takes beautiful pictures, and has such an eye for photography. Our pictures turned out great, and I was more than pleased with them! The quality is very high and the editing was pristine. Leah really has a passion for photography and can capture any event of yours with ease and beauty. I know ours was spontaneous, but we will most likely use her again in the future. I highly recommend Leah as a photographer.

S
Sonya

Married on 10/15/2016

Leah was very kind and easy to work with. She delivered on my vision for the wedding photos! Excellent quality photos were delivered! Excellent experience with Leah!

P
Sayanti

Married on 09/04/2016

Leah is absolutely wonderful to work with. She is warm and pleasant at all times, while being thoroughly professional. She did our engagement photos as well as our wedding, and we loved how she made us feel relaxed in front of the camera. Neither of us are very good at posing for pictures, but Leah worked her magic! She is very flexible, mingled wonderfully with the wedding guests and took beautiful candid pictures. She went above and beyond on the day of the wedding and helped with decorations and other logistics as well, when we needed a hand. We would strongly recommend Leah!

Leah Marie Photography + Stationery's reply:

Thank you for your beautiful review! It was an honor to be part of your special day! XO

Debbie
Deborah

Married on 05/22/2016

Leah has an incredible eye. Her pictures are amazing and she makes sure you get those 'must have' shots. She found the best locations for our first look pictures and added in a few more at a second location nearby. The only negative is trying to choose which pictures we like best as there are so many. I highly recommend!

User6364285

2+ years ago

Leah did a wonderful job capturing our wedding day!

L
Lauren

Married on 10/10/2015

I chose Leah Marie Photography for my October wedding and couldn't be happier with my photos! Even though it was rainy the day of my wedding she still managed to get awesome shots of the bridal party outside and they all turned out beautiful! I would recommend her to anyone looking for a great wedding photographer!

User4221003

2+ years ago

Leah was great, my family enjoyed her as well. I will never forget her great service she was one of
the top vendors on my list. You will be very pleased by choosing her.

B
Bethany

Married on 06/03/2015

Leah is passionate and I really felt special when she went the 2 extra miles to find the perfect backdrop. It was a fun and special experience for my family. We cant wait for her to come to California for another family shoot.

User5182920

2+ years ago

Leah Marie's photographs are amazing. She was a pleasure to work with and I highly recommend her!

User4515630

2+ years ago

Leah was absolutely amazing! She was my photographer for my wedding day and I would highly recommend her to any bride! She was very professional and understood what type of images and moments I wanted captured on film. Leah was so easy to talk to and I discussed with her what type photos I wanted and she went above and beyond to capture the type of photos and moments that were important to me on my wedding day. Leah is very talented and it shows through her beautiful photographs. I was beyond happy with my photos from my wedding and Leah captured the moments that were special to me personally. Again, I would highly recommend Leah Marie Photography to every bride!

W
Whitney

Married on 09/06/2014

Leah was wonderful to work with! She came highly recommended from another photographer and we were so happy we choose her! She was bubbly and fun on the wedding day and gave wonderful direction to us. The photos are beautiful! She truly captured the vibe of our wedding! I look forward to taking future pictures with her as our family grows!

User3771188

2+ years ago

Leah Marie was a pleasure to work with on our wedding day. She was very receptive to photos that I wanted taken on our wedding day but also caught on very quickly to the types of moments we would want captured and went out of her way to get each of those for us and more without being asked. She also sent us pictures outside of our package that she thought we may additionally like and she was right. We loved her work. Leah Marie also made our Thank you cards for our wedding. At a time when I was sick of making decisions, I knew I could trust her to design something that we would love and she went out of her way to do it quickly and exceptionally well before leaving town so that our order would not be held up. I would definitely recommend Leah Marie to a friend for their wedding, family portraits, or anything special that they wanted captured in photographs.

J
Jackie

Married on 05/23/2014

Leah is so very talented and captured our special day with beautiful pictures! Thank you Leah for making our day last a lifetime!

User3467309

2+ years ago

AAAAAMAZING Photographer... Over the years she has captured some of the most important events in my life, with the most recent one being my wedding. We eloped on Valentine's Day to Carmel California, and had a very small intimate wedding, and she sent us a ton of photos with not a bad one in the bunch. The biggest issue we had was trying to decide what photos to print. We even had her do our Announcements... Have you seen her Etsy shop stationary... Obsessed!

She is also down for anything, very spontaneous, she sees a problem and she fixes it, my entire bottom part of my dress got soaked from the waves on the beach, she made a positive into a negative, and took some of the most gorgeous shots of us in the water, and laying on the sand. I even had one of the photos transferred on a canvas for above our bed.

If your review her work, you will see that see loves to tell a story with her photos, capturing precious moments, private looks, and really using the space available to her.

She is also very outgoing and funny, not only do you feel very comfortable around her, she really knows how to get people out of their shell and show their personality. When she says "cheese" your smiles will not be fake.

They say "everything is in the details", well this girl is detail obsessed! Which is good, as I am a little OCD myself... Okay a lot. So thank you Leah!

She will be my photographer for life, she knows how to tell my story better than anybody! Let her tell yours.

P.S. Check out her blog to see my wedding pics dated 2/14/2014... Awesome right)!

Annie

Married on 01/11/2014

What do you need in a photographer? Talent, trust, reasonable price. Check. Check. Check.
What else did I want? Fun, quality, fast.
Check. Check. Check.

Leah is not only super talented, doesn't miss a beat but everyone at our wedding loves her! She was always a step away and we felt so confident having her as our Photographer. Our photos are amazing and better than expected. She also brought joy to our already happy day and naturally had everyone laughing and having a great time which showed up in our images.

K
Kate

Married on 11/09/2013

Leah was AMAZING! Not only was she very flexible and creative but all the guests loved her. We got our photos back and are highly impressed.. They all look like magazine shots! Thank You Leah for making our wedding a day to remember!

Ashley

Married on 10/26/2013

Leah perfectly captured the beauty of our day. She was sweet and professional and we would recommend her to anyone needing a great photographer!

L
Lauri

Married on 03/01/2008

I highly recommend this photographer! She really knows her stuff. Leah photographed my engagement party and most recently, a photo shoot, and the pictures came out great. She's so fun and easy to work with. She gave me invaluable knowledge about photography as well.

T
Tracie

Married on 06/02/2007

Leah was fun and exciting to work with and has a great eye for great pictures.

C
Christine

Event date: 06/23/2013

Leah captures the emotion of the event making the photos even more meaningful!

R
Ruslana

Event date: 03/17/2013

Leah is amazing through her work of art! She is talented, hard working, and can catch a moment through a photograph unlike anyone! You are wonderful Leah!