Back to Lidderdale Country Store Catering

Lidderdale Country Store Catering Reviews

| Des Moines, IA See photos, pricing and details

22 Reviews for Lidderdale Country Store Catering

Married on 05/25/2019

Great food and service at an unbeatable price!

We loved using Lidderdale for our wedding. We didn’t do a taste test before the wedding, because we had heard so many good reviews. This combined with their friendliness and responsiveness to inquiry, we felt comfortable making our selections. We had around 200 people at our wedding, and not one complaint. It was the best food I had ever had! I have already recommended them to several others. Unbeatable.

L
Lindsey

Married on 09/01/2018

Lidderdale is perfect for any catering needs. We paid an extra few dollars a plate for real pate ware. It was so worth it. I had so many comments on how nice it was. The staff also did a great job of keeping tables bussed for us and making sure there was plenty of food out.

Ashley

Married on 04/07/2018

This is the best wedding ever! Food was fresh and we got so many compliments on it!

Alexandria

Married on 10/28/2017

As soon as we got engaged, I had multiple people ask who was going to do the catering. I had no idea. They all said I HAD to use Lidderdale's because the food was so amazing. We took everyone's word and booked them for our wedding. We wanted to use real plates and cutlery so we didn't create extra waste and they said they would (for an additional fee, which we understood why. ) We compared them to other caterers just to make sure we weren't getting screwed price-wise. Lidderdale's was right about the same price point as other caterers, except you got WAYYY more food per plate. For our price point, with other caterers, you'd get one meat, one side, and a dinner roll. For roughly the same price with Lidderdale's, we got three meats, three sides, and seven different types of salads. The food was amazing and all our guests loved it. They even stick around the make sure all the food trays stay full during dinner and they cleared all the plates for my guests. They were all so nice and I am so grateful that we used them as our wedding caterer.

Jessica Simbro
Jessica

Married on 07/08/2017

LIdderdale did an amazing job catering our wedding. So much food and so good! We had many compliments on our menu for the night! Everyone was very impressed with how amazing everything tasted and the selection of salads. I will definitely use Lidderdale again if I ever have another event! Also the staff was very generous! Thank you so much Lidderdale!

B
Brittany

Married on 06/24/2017

The BEST food. We wouldn't have picked anyone else. They offered 3 meat options, a potato, a veggie and a ton of salads. Lots of left overs and everyone found something they liked. All but free and many gluten free items already built into the menu.

E
Erin

Married on 11/12/2016

The food was AMAZING! We received so many compliments on everything. Plus they do an awesome job with set up/clean up.

Alyson

Married on 08/20/2016

We absolutely loved having them as our catering company! The food and service was outstanding! If we were to do it all again we'd still choose them!

N
Nickie

Married on 08/06/2016

AMAZING! Best food and great pricing! Oh and did I mention best food!

K
Kayla

Married on 06/04/2016

Awesome food served for a large wedding. They did a wonderful job and we received compliments all night on how GREAT the food was! I would DEFINITELY recommend using them! You won't regret it!

MegandCraig
Craig

Married on 04/16/2016

We had a great experience with them! They were always so nice, worked with our menu ideas and were very affordable compared to every other caterer we checked out.

User4704171

2+ years ago

I cannot say how pleased we were with this catering company! They did a splendid job and I would ABSOLUTELY hire them again! They were very affordably priced, the food was amazing, the staff was very pleasant every time we were in contact with them. I was very very pleased with our choice to use them :)

User4115138

2+ years ago

The food was way better than any other food we have had, absolutely fantastic! The people that run the business are friendly and easy to work with and you definitely get a great price! They brought our food over an hour to our venue and it was like they cooked it on site!

User4605710

2+ years ago

Outstanding caterer. Delicious food, amazing prices, and even delivered to the Des Moines area. Absolutely no complaints!

D
Devin

Married on 06/28/2014

They did a fantastic job and required no money down.

User4276585

2+ years ago

Lidderdale Catering is incredible! I highly recommend hiring them for your event! They catered our wedding reception dinner and appetizers. Their food is so delicious! Better than vendors in Des Moines that are more expensive. Everyone loved the food! They didn't require any deposit, either. They were very helpful and professional and easy to work with.

C
Cherie

Married on 12/27/2013

Amazing food quality & value! Thank you so much. Our guests loved the food

Amanda

Married on 03/31/2012

WOW! Seriously, if you are looking for amazing food, at a Great price, Wonderfully nice people, and great on a budget, please call Lidderdale. They did an amazing job on my wedding ceremony. The food was fantastic, the choices were great, and the amount that we got for the price was such an amazing deal. The people who served the food were so nice. They were also so efficient and did a wonderful job cleaning up. HIGHLY recommend them for anytime you might need a great meal catered!

Courtney
Courtney

Married on 03/31/2012

The food was incredible and a wonderful price! :) We had every one of our guests comment on how wonderful the dinner was. They showed up on time, cleaned up, and we got any of the left overs. I would recommend them to ALL of my friends!

Russell & Anna Wedding

Married on 05/28/2016

Their food is AMAZING. It's delicious, home-style cooking. And their prices are incredible for the value of food you get! Even with traveling an hour+ for our reception, the prices were cheaper than Hy-Vee. Also, the size of the menu you get is big enough to please all your guests!

M
Mandy

Married on 05/17/2014

Lidderdale provided great food for our wedding reception in Ames, IA. Guests continued to talk about the food months after the wedding! The staff was friendly to work with and very fair. You choose the gratuity amount you pay them based on quality of service, etc. They also have many different options to fit your individual needs.

User5341345

2+ years ago

Will travel long distances. So much food for a very reasonable price. Food is awesome and served hot and fresh.