Back to Lippitt House Museum

3 Reviews for Lippitt House Museum

S
Shumei

Married on 06/02/2018

Excellent for an intimate wedding. Absolutely beautiful interior and garden. They cap the people for sit-down dinner at 60, so it was perfect for us since we had 50 guests. Very nice manager and staff. I recommend adding at least an hour to your planned time frame so the wedding party can come early and prepare. The historical house museum has certain restrictions for preservation reasons, so make sure your florist and caterer get in touch with them. Added plus is they have a piano and some tables and chairs on site. We had a lovely wedding here and would definitely recommend.

User6997749

2+ years ago

I am so glad my husband and I chose to have our reception at the Lippitt House. It was the perfect venue for a cocktail and heavy hors d'oeuvre reception. Kristen was so easy to work with. She is extremely friendly and professional and truly wants to help make your event a success!

L
Lauren

Married on 11/03/2018

1.0

A dream venue with a nightmare of a manager

I'm a bit startled to see that this venue received 5 stars.
I'm happy to see that others had a more pleasant experience in dealing with the rentals manager.
We had a perfect day, however the time leading up to it was made extremely stressful.
Not only was she horribly cold and impersonal, but she lacked the proper communication skills needed in planning any event. Along with that came an endless "book of rules" to be followed precisely,some of which were absurd.
We had a cocktail reception, which meant no sit down meal. This venue is not accommodating to sit down receptions, unless your guest count is 50 or under.
Please note, you have to bring in all catering, bar equipment, table rentals, etc yourselves. They do supply a handful of tables and big clunky chairs ( so big that we were told only 25 could fit in the ceremony room)so we decided to rent ballroom chairs as well.
On our wedding day, the rentals manager barely spoke to us, did not offer us a congratulations or any positive commentary on the gorgeous decor created by our exceptional caterers and florist, and took it upon herself to creepily lurk in every room during our reception, watching us all like a hawk. Not any time was her help offered, but she was quick to point out anything that was not done to her liking. She was a total bully.
I attribute the major success of our wedding to our vendors. It had nothing to do with her management at all.
I would HIGHLY suggest seeking out another venue before committing to this one. It was not worth the hassle.