Back to Live Oak Trio

Clint
Featured
Clint Dickson

Married on 05/26/2019

Outstanding service to match their outstanding musical virtuosity

We used the Live Oak Trio for our wedding day cocktail hour, dinner reception and first dance. From the start, the Live Oak Trio was a pleasure to work with. They were very responsive to our requests and were able to accommodate to the specific logistics and musical needs of our reception. Many of our guests commented on how great and elegant their music was and really loved hearing their favorite modern songs played in strings. We even had them play our first dance song along with our friend who sang the song. The trio and our friend were able to easily connect and coordinate to have our first song played to perfection. Highly recommend!

Live Oak Trio's reply:

Thank you so much, Clint! It was such a joy to prepare and perform your special requests. The whole evening and atmosphere were just amazing. Wishing you two all the very best!

C
Colin V

Married on 07/06/2019

Excellent work!

Live Oak Trio did an excellent job at our wedding! We hired them to play as a duo (cello and violin) for our welcome and ceremony. They did an amazing job at setting the scene and making our day special. They had a number of great song choices for us to choose from as well.

C
Camille

Married on 04/27/2019

Excellent service!

Excellent service! They knew exactly what to do and did such a professional job! I would definitely hire them again!

Live Oak Trio's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words! It was such a pleasure preparing your special arrangements, especially the film themes!

Jake
Jake Severson

Married on 04/27/2019

Excellent Experience

We used the Live Oak Trio for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. They were very responsive to every question that we had. They were also very accommodating to specific song requests. They have a great repertoire of instrumental versions of more contemporary indie/pop songs, classic rock songs, as well as more traditional classical wedding songs. We had them play a mixture of both for us. My only regret is that I wasn't able to hear them play more during my wedding day, since I was busy getting married! We got lots of compliments from our guests regarding Live Oak. I would highly recommend them to anyone who is looking for a reasonably priced string ensemble of excellent musicians.

Live Oak Trio's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words, Jake! It was such a pleasure preparing and playing your music. The whole evening was wonderful. All the best to you both!

E
Emily

Married on 02/24/2019

Amazing, creative musicians!! Highly recommend!

Hiring Live Oak was such an amazing decision. We reached out to a few musicians for our ceremony and Live Oak was not only the most responsive, they were also extremely flexible and open to our unique musical requests. They learned and perfectly played 4 songs that probably aren't heard in a wedding ceremony. It was one of the best moments - hearing our songs played before the ceremony and at the end! They were enthusiastic and fun to work with! I highly recommend hiring them for any musical needs!

Live Oak Trio's reply:

Thank you so much, Emily! It was such a joy to prepare your music play for you. Wishing you all the very best!

D
Dorothy Trainer

Married on 12/03/2018

Highly recommended!

Great experience working with Live Oak Trio. Professional, responsive, and easy to work with. It was a pleasure to feature them at our event and we look forward to working with them again in the future.

S
Sierra

Married on 11/03/2018

Amazing sound with solid professionals

Very responsive and allowed for a special request in which they nailed! Live Oak Trio made our ceremony personal and filled with beautiful music. Highly recommend!

Megan
Megan Lacy

Married on 10/27/2018

Live Oak Trio

We are so happy that we chose Live Oak Trio to play during our wedding ceremony! Alan was extremely responsive and easy to work with. We liked the idea of having something classy like a string band playing, but wanted more non-traditional songs to be played. After looking at several other Austin area options, Live Oak Trio definitely had the best and most unique repertoire to choose songs from with a mix of both classic and more contemporary options. They even offered two custom arrangements just for our wedding! We received so many compliments about the music from our ceremony, and would highly recommend them!

A
Amber

Married on 09/21/2018

They were all of the above and I have additional comments - they were very flexible with our schedule that changed during the event.

J
Jennifer

Married on 02/24/2018

This was easily one of the best choices I made, to have Live Oak Trio part of our wedding. I requested a special song to be played when my bridal party was walking down the aisle and the piece turned out amazing! So many compliments from all my guests. I only hope someone I know hires them as well so I can listen to all their repertoire!

I
Ivy

Married on 10/28/2017

Our parents loved the idea of a string quartet, and my husband and I wanted more of an acoustic guitar vibe. I am thrilled that we found Live Oak Trio, they are truly an amazing happy medium! We had a cellist, a guitarist, and a violinist play for our ceremony and cocktail hour, and the music was simply beautiful. I don't like super classic/traditional, so we chose John Legend "All of Me" for my bridal procession, Ray LaMontagne "You are the Best Thing" for the recessional, and Live Oak suggested Van Morrison "Crazy Love" for family & wedding party walking down the aisle. With so many decisions to make for the wedding, I asked them if they wouldn't mind just choosing music for the cocktail hour from their repertoire that would fit our preferences, and they did a fantastic job. We had lots of guests comment on how much they loved the live music :) Such a special touch. I communicated mostly with Alan, and he was always quick to respond. Would recommend to anyone!

A
Ana

Married on 10/26/2013

We had a great experience working with Live Oak Trio! They made made our special day complete. I couldn't imagine walking down the aisle without their beautiful interpretation of the songs we so carefully put together for our wedding. Truly talented professionals!