Back to Makeover Artistry

N
Featured
Natalie

Married on 07/21/2018

First off this is absolutely A+ quality! I encourage any future bride to 100% choose Makeover Artistry, you'll be glad you did! I cannot say enough wonderful things about Donna. Finding Donna was the highlight of my vendor search. I’m a woman of color (AA), recently married (2 weeks ago) on Block Island. Donna was willing to travel out to the island (hallelujah) and did absolutely beautiful work on hair/makeup for myself as well as for my mother and mother in law. She is incredibly skilled and was able to work with various skin tones. As a woman of color with medium to deep skin tone, my mother has lighter skin tone and my mother-in-law is Caucasian (with fair skin, blonde hair and blue eyes). Donna was able to work with all of us using airbrush makeup to create a flawless complexion! Despite only having done a makeup trial and no actual hair trial, she was effortlessly able to create beautiful and elegant hairdos that were exactly what we wanted. Everyone offered such beautiful compliments! Donna is also a joy to work with. She is personable, calm, funny and professional! Even further she went out of her way to help me get dressed and out the door to be married! I followed up with her in person and was greeted with hugs and kisses! At this point Donna seems more like a friend than a vendor. I am so glad I found her, as I was losing hope after doing trials with a few other cosmetologists- one that made me look like a corpse and the other who made me look like a pole dancer. You will absolutely be happy if you choose to work with her, as she is incredibly skilled and experienced working with various skin tones and colors, is reliable, professional, reasonably priced and has a fantastic personality! Importantly, she knows how to create beautiful wedding makeup (and hairstyling). Not all vendors who can even apply makeup, know what an appropriate look is for a wedding. Bridal makeup should be soft, beautiful & elegant in my opinion. Trust me, she is the BEST!

L
Leslie

Getting married on 04/21/2020

I can't say enough good things about Donna Sousa and her Makeover Artistry team! I recently had the opportunity to participate in my sister-in-law's wedding, where they took care of hair & makeup for seven of us, ranging in age from 25 to 75 and everyone looked fabulous! Everyone looked beautiful for pictures, hairstyles withstood the humidity often associated with an outdoor summer venue, as well as a night of dancing, and the makeup was natural and survived the occasional tear. They are consummate professionals and highly recommended for anyone looking for personalized service! My husband & I will be renewing our vows on our 25th anniversary, and I wouldn't consider booking with anyone but Donna!

Bri
Bri

Married on 07/13/2019

Donna is an amazing make up artist and she has a gentle soul : )

I would like to thank Donna Sousa for the fantastic job of making my bridal party look gorgeous for our wedding this past weekend! She did all of our hair and make up flawlessly. It was more than I could have ever hoped for! Not only does Donna know her way around hair and makeup, she is a pro at dealing with difficult mothers and maid of honors with sensitive skin types. I was so anxious and nervous on my wedding day and it was Donna’s caring and calm demeanor that soothed my nerves. We could not have looked this good without you! Thank you Donna!😘

Makeover Artistry's reply:

Thank you !! It was amazing doing your wedding! You are the most beautiful venue with the most gorgeous ocean views. And every aspect was so whimsical and beautiful!💋👍🏻🌹💄

E
Ellen

Married on 06/28/2019

Donna is an artist that works that works with you to create your perfect look

Very accommodating, professional and an artist

P
Pamela Olszyk

Married on 05/26/2019

Amazing experience

Donna and her team were absolutely incredible. I couldn’t have asked for a better team to do my hair and make up! Very professional and lovely and made sure everyone liked how they looked before leaving the chair! Thank you Donna and Odessa for the amazing job!

Rachel

Married on 05/26/2019

Sister’s Wedding!

Donna and team kept my sister calm and happy the entire morning. Each bridesmaid got the look they wanted while all complimenting each other. An enjoyable, easy, and gorgeous experience. Highly recommend for any function.

Rachel

Married on 05/07/2019

Donna and Odessa were both phenomenal. I would recommend both of them to anyone and everyone. As the maid of honor, it was difficult to decide whom to choose, but they both made it so easy. Not only did they make us look beautiful, but they also made us feel beautiful!

J
Jessica

Married on 09/02/2018

Donna and her team did an amazing job at my wedding this past September! I live in the New York area and got married in Newport, RI, so I had to travel for my trial and work with Donna long-distance to prepare for the big day. She always made our calls a priority, and stayed in close contact with me leading up to the wedding which helped a lot.

On the actual wedding weekend, I had my hair and makeup done for the rehearsal dinner, along with 8 bridesmaids, 2 mothers, and myself for the wedding day. Additionally, I had two hair styles for my wedding day (one for first-look and pictures, one for ceremony and reception), and touch-ups for the bridesmaids/moms before the ceremony. Donna did a fantastic job keeping us on schedule; she and her team were prompt, professional, and a lot of fun to work with. The hair and makeup was beautiful, and I really appreciated that they were willing to go the extra mile and wait for us to finish photos before doing touch-ups and the second hairstyle for the ceremony and reception. I highly recommend working with Donna and her team for your wedding!

B
Brandon

Married on 09/02/2018

Donna and her team did a fantastic job for our wedding in Newport, RI this summer. My wife had 8 bridesmaids plus our moms, so there were a lot of people of different ages and looks. Donna kept everyone on schedule, and even stayed late to touch everyone up after pictures while Odessa did a second hairstyle for my wife. Fun, professional team, great experience for our wedding day, and everyone (especially the bride! ) looked absolutely beautiful.

Monica

Married on 08/11/2018

Amazing!!!!!!!!!

I would recommend Makeover Artistry to anyone! Donna and her team did an absolutely amazing job! They did hair and makeup for myself and family. Everyone came out absolutely gorgeous and they did such a great job of turning our own personal visions of what we hoped to look like into beautiful realities. I was so happy that Donna was able to do my makeup so that I still looked like myself but also felt absolutely stunning. Her hair stylist was absolutely excellent. We were all so very happy with the styles. I am so grateful that I chose Makeover Artistry for my wedding!

V
Vivian

Married on 08/04/2018

As the mother of the bride, I felt so taken care of with Donna and Odessa. They talked to us about what we wanted and also provided helpful ideas for makeup/hair. I would recommend Donna and Odessa to everyone.

Ryan

Married on 05/27/2018

Donna Sousa and her team did such a great job! We are a gay-male couple and were hesitant having our makeup done, but Donna made sure our faces looked perfect and very natural in photos. Our mothers and the women in our wedding party also looks flawless. The speed in which her team did hair and makeup was so impressive and the quality for the price was unbelievable.

HIGHLY recommend!

Abbey

Married on 05/12/2018

Makeover Artistry is the perfect choice!

Donna is so fun and so talented! Makeover artistry provided hair and make up for my bridesmaids, mother, mother-in-law, and myself. She made sure to have enough stylists there to make sure that we were able to stick to the time schedule. Everyone looked great, we were ready on time, and had a great time with makeover artistry. :)

Alexandra

Married on 04/28/2018

The Makeover Artistry team does an amazing job of making everyone in your bridal party look stunning for your special day. They truly listen to all of your requests and can give you any look you want! The team members' combined years of experience in the business are evident through their professionalism and skill level. You will not be disappointed with your wedding day look if you choose to work with Makeover Artistry!

C
Catherine

Married on 04/28/2018

I’m the mother of the bride and Makeover Artistry , Donna, did a wonderful job for my daughters wedding day! Flawless makeup and gorgeous hair were done to perfection. ❤️

C
Crystal

Married on 02/25/2018

Donna and her crew did an amazing job for my wedding. They had everyone looking their absolute best. They were professional, punctual, and accommodated everything we requested. I would highly recommend them!

Violette
Violette

Married on 01/06/2018

Donna made us all look so beautiful, we are flawless in every picture. If you've never had your makeup done before, its pretty fun. Also, fake lashes are a blast. As a bride I did a pretty traditional look, and Donna knew exactly what to do to accentuate to my features. Thanks for everything, Donna!

Ann was our primary hair stylist, and I loved working with her. I didn't have a specific style in mind, but after seeing 1 picture Ann was able to understand the style I was going for. My hair looked exactly as I wanted it to! Thank Ann, we loved meeting and working with you!

I have never felt more beautiful than I did after working with this team! Also, credit to Donna on this stunning fur coat!

April

Married on 01/06/2018

Donna and her terrific team helped make our daughter's wedding extra special in so many ways. They were super organized and friendly, which kept everyone relaxed; our hair and makeup were impeccable and lasted the whole night without needing any touch ups. To top it off, Donna loaned us her (personal) fur coat so our daughter would be warm for her very cold wedding photos. Who could ask for more?!

H
Helen

Married on 01/01/2018

Donna was extremely helpful she offered a lot of great advice on things to do before the day. My hair and makeup was fantastic. She went out of her way to make sure our day was the best!

Anne

Married on 01/01/2018

Donna was superb in every way with make up and hair - the net result was stunning!

Mandy

Married on 10/07/2017

We cannot say enough great things about Donna and her incredible team! We just got married this Saturday (10/7/17) at OceanCliff and couldn't wait to write rave reviews on every site! I knew from my hair and makeup trial with Donna and Odessa that I absolutely made the right choice - everything was exactly how I envisioned and they really made me feel like a bride. Donna was so patient and was so great with my mom who doesn't wear makeup often. Our whole bridal party looked incredible and Donna her team even came right to our bridal suite and rearranged the room to make it comfortable for everyone to get ready. They were so helpful wth everything we needed and not only are they talented but wonderful people to be around! Couldn't be more grateful for such an amazing team to make us gorgeous for the. Best day ever. Donna and all of Makeover Artistry are deserving of every award possible in the industry and you need to go no further by choosing them for all hair and makeup needs!

Rose

Married on 10/07/2017

We just enjoyed the wedding celebration for my son and now wife in Newport, RI at the Oceancliff. Donna Sousa/Makeover Artistry was hired for our makeup and hair styling. I have never had make up done by a professional - - needless to say I wasn't sure what to expect. Donna was professional and courteous and made me look young and beautiful! I received many compliments on my makeup and hair from our wedding guests. I highly recommend Donna and the team from Makeover Artistry. Thank you!

Mary

Married on 09/30/2017

My daughter's wedding was at 10:30 am and Donna showed up at 5:45 am. She was so friendly and full of energy even at that time in the morning. Donna did the make up for my daughter, me, the mother of the groom and the bridesmaids. She made sure we were on time. The make up looked great and natural. I liked the airbrushing technique. I really had fun with her and I enjoyed the experience

K
Kellie

Married on 09/30/2017

I can't say enough good things about Makeover Artistry. My wedding was at 10:30am and they came at 5:45 to get me, both mothers, and my two bridesmaids ready for the day. They were very professional and just overall kind. They made us all look amazing we all had fun while they did it.

User7290385

1+ year ago

She was absolutely WONDERFUL!?