Back to MakeUp Cancún by Angie Velásquez

Featured
Chara

Married on 04/02/2019

Dream maker

Angie and her team will make you dream come true.
I was planning for a destination wedding in Tulum. Due to the distance, I only got to visit Tulum once before my wedding and had the try-out with another make-up artist. Right away I knew he wasn’t what I wanted. I fell into this panic mode and searching for another option—until I found Angie’s page!
Her work seems so amazing that is almost unreal. I knew I wouldn’t have another try-out before the wedding with Angie but I decided to give it try.
We had three events planned— welcome dinner, morning Hindu ceremony, and evening reception on the beach.
I had three entirely different looks and Angie just nailed ALL three of them. I know wedding is not just about looks — but I looked exactly (maybe even better) like how I pictured! The hair piece of the traditional southern Indian style is quite complicated and Angie just made it happen.
If you have already found her page. Seriously, this is the team you want!
Plus her rate is way too reasonable for what she provides!8

MakeUp Cancún by Angie Velásquez's reply:

OMG! Thank you very much for this incredible review, it means a lot to me because I put 200% to fulfill all your wishes and expectations. You are a beautiful person, for me it was a real pleasure to serve you. A million thanks for the trust! and we wish you a very happy marriage...

K
Katie

Married on 08/02/2019

Exactly what I imagined

Angie and her team were very professional and punctual. They took their time and made each person look stunning. I showed them a picture of my hair and it turned out exactly like the picture. My makeup looked very natural and everyone at the wedding gave me compliments on my hair and makeup. I would highly recommend Angie! Thank you again

Tawanda
Tawanda

Married on 07/06/2019

The Best MUA/Hairstylist for weddings

I want to thank Make up Cancun team for coming out and making me feel like a Princess for my wedding. I had like a braided hairstyle. And, I wanted an updo. So, I was sent them a picture of an updo I wanted. I was like how are they going to be able to do that with the texture of hair, etc. Well they did. They beautified it and perfected what I wanted. I was wowed out. So many compliments I got on my hair and make up. I would book them again and again. Pleasant ladies.

G
Gracie

Married on 04/06/2019

Easiest decision we made for our entire wedding! Choose Angie!

I don’t have anything but great things to say about Angie and her team. She was extremely attentive to everyone who was getting hair and makeup services (even those she didn’t work directly on). She took great care of my skin (no breakout post wedding, yay), she was very easy to talk to and it was clear from the very beginning that she was a true expert at makeup/weddings. My bridal party and mommas looked beautiful (and even better, they all felt beautiful). I would choose her over and over and over again.

I wish she were in Dallas so she could glam me up on a more regular basis.

Also, communication leading up to the wedding was perfect. She never took longer than a couple of hours to respond (and I was all over the place - email, Instagram and WeddingWire) but she never lost track of who I was and what services I wanted.

If you are getting married in Cancun, there are plenty of tough decisions to make. Don’t let HAMU be one of them - the answer is Makeup. Cancun. You will not regret it.

Lisa
Lisa

Married on 03/09/2019

Fantastic!

Angie and her team were absolutely amazing and my makeup stayed flawless the whole night. They even helped me with my extensions and hair piece with absolutely no problem. I had 9 people get their hair and makeup done, they showed up even before they were suppose to be there which was fantastic! Everyone was finished on time with no problems, and everyone’s hair and makeup looked great. I would definitely recommend them for any event.

Emilija
Emilija Karastanovic

Married on 01/05/2019

Absolutely wonderful!

I can’t thank Angie enough for her stunning work on me and my family! Her and her team were been so helpful and professional every step of the way. She’s so sweet, patient, accommodating, and does beautiful work! I had different ideas and she combined them all for my beautiful unique look. I highly recommend to book with her for any of your future events!

Adriana Navarrete

Married on 11/17/2018

Amazing work

Muy clara desde el inicio, respondio todas mis dudas, llego muy puntual, traen el mejor equipo, lamparas, excelentes marcas de maquillaje y hace un trabajo impecable, me encanto su amabilidad y calidez, mi maquillaje quedo hermoso y duro toda la boda, la recomiendo mucho!

S
Sarah Izquierdo

Married on 11/11/2018

Angie is the best!!!

Thank you Angie for your amazing work, you made me feel like the prettiest girl in the world on my wedding day, I recommend it a lot, its very kind and professional

Alma

Married on 09/24/2018

First of all, I liked that she was punctual and was in constant communication with me. Secondly, her talent is far beyond words. She made me look flawless and my make up held up all evening (tears, humidity and all). I showed her exactly what I wanted and she delivered. Believe me when I say YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED by Angie's work.

J
Jasmine

Married on 09/05/2018

I don't know here to begin. Angie literally saved my wedding. I know that sounds a bit extreme but that's the truth. I decided to get married in Mexico and finding a makeup artist was extremely hard. First off I am dark completion and most of my bridal party was the same. So finding someone who could match skin tones perfectly was a challenge. Also in the midst of looking for a makeup artist, I was informed that my resort would charge me a $500 vendor fee to have a makeup artist on the resort. I thought this was absolutely ridiculous considering none of that money would actually go to the cost of my makeup application. With that being said I still searched for an artist. I came across another makeup artist who wanted to charge me an excessive amount of money for my makeup application but only charged my bridesmaid a quarter of the price. I knew my makeup (being the bride) would cost more but this was an extreme difference, When I asked the other makeup artist why was my application so much more her response was " Do you want to look like bridesmaid or bride? " I thought this was extremely rude and i decided to look else. Back to Angie, I explained to her the situation she was so kind and extremely professional even through emails and text messages. She explained that she had a small studio that my 6 bridesmaids and I could travel to get our makeup done. She was responsibly priced and even went above and beyond by calling scheduling the taxi for us. She was quick and the studio was set up perfectly. Angie had no problem adjusting to my needs and the needs of my bridesmaids. She was so kind and even provided snacks while we waiting for each one us to get our makeup completed. We arrived around 12pm and was completed by 3:30pm. Her and her partner did all 7 of our make up in 3 and half hours. Each and every one of us LOVE our makeup and fell in Love with Angie. I would recommend her and use her if I was back in Mexico. THANK YOU SO MUCH ANGIE!

Adriana

Married on 07/23/2018

Excelente servicio. Muchas gracias por hacer un maquillaje de acuerdo a mis gustos y necesidades. Simplemente la mejor en Cancún

D
Daniela

Married on 12/06/2014

Angie es lo máximo! La súper recomiendo

C
Candice

Married on 07/28/2018

Angie did an amazing job with my makeup and hair. I felt beautiful! She knew exactly what to do so that I would look great in my wedding photos.

MakeUp Cancún by Angie Velásquez's reply:

Un placer para mi, haber sido parte de tu día especial, saludos!

Devorah
Devorah

Getting married on 10/19/2019

Beautiful Makeup and Hair that stayed all day and night!

Angie was great at communicating with me right from the very beginning. She was very professional and made sure to answer all my questions and put all my concerns at ease. I had originally contacted her to do my hair and makeup and 4 other wedding guests but then I ended up contracting her to do my hair and makeup and for 15 other wedding guests. She and her team arrived on time and were very professional. I loved my hair and airbrush makeup! My hair and makeup withstood the whole day and night which was amazing considering I had a beach wedding and our reception was in a hot place. Also I was able to pay with a credit card which made things sooo much easier. Thank you Angie for your work!

T
Tiffane

Married on 09/03/2018

Very kind and professional artist!