Back to Marquee

21 Reviews for Marquee

Featured
User1475502

2+ years ago

Absolutely incredible! Karl and the band made our wedding a night to remember. They played the ceremony and reception. Karl was wonderful to work with and the band learned our song: John Legend, "Stay With You". Very flexible and were able to stay additional time at the end of our reception. I can't say enough good things about this band :)

Kimberly
Kimberly Iapalucci

Married on 12/01/2018

Too much fun for words

We hired Marquee for our December 1 wedding and everyone raved about the band. They have a great sound and they really created a sense of fun and excitement to our wedding. They were very open to our suggestions and made some very good ones of their own. They were definitely worth every penny.

Alice

Married on 09/16/2017

Marquee was absolutely amazing during our wedding. The bandleader Karl was extremely responsive, and he was able to take my suggestions and combine them with his expertise; it was a fabulous collaboration.
The band was incredible - we actually had people googling them during dinner to find out more info. I think we received more compliments on them than anything else.

Don't even look any further for any other band - you will not go wrong hiring Marquee!

M
Megan

Married on 09/09/2017

We looked at Bands and DJs for our wedding and I really wasn't sure which to go. But, then I came across Marquee's website and fell in love with their music. Working with Karl and Marquee Band was so great! Our ceremony and cocktail hour were lovely with the live music and they MADE our reception - what a great party! Our guests were on the dance floor ALL night long - before they even started serving food. They were so much fun, we loved all of the music and they even learned how to play our first dance song for us, which was so special. Thank you so much!

D
Dana

Married on 09/03/2017

It was a pleasure to work with Marquee. It was the 4th time my family decided to use them, and they did not disappoint. The feedback we got back from our wedding guest was amazing, and they were on their feet dancing the whole night. Thank you Marquee!

Alexis

Married on 09/02/2017

Best music ever! No one stopped dancing all night. Marquee went above a beyond. I can still hear the music and still dancing. Amazing!

J
Jamie

Married on 08/19/2017

Marquee was the perfect entertainment for our August wedding. The band leader, Karl, is very responsive and made accommodations to schedule evening calls since we were planning our wedding from across the country. He was honest and able to secure a replacement quickly for one of the band members when a family emergency occurred the week of our wedding. He had great insight and gave direction for the most optimal flow of the reception. The music was fantastic and the band played the classics and the new stuff so well! Highly recommend if you're looking for a band that will have your guests on the dance floor ALL night!

D
Dana

Married on 07/09/2017

Fantastic band! They were professional and easy to work with. Everything went perfect! They kept us and our guests on the floor dancing and having a blast!

Shane

Married on 04/21/2017

A wonderful band to compliment a wonderful night! Karl, the manager and bassist, was very friendly and on top things. They were able to learn music for us and put together a great performance!

Thanks Guys!

C
Christina

Married on 06/11/2016

Everyone from my wedding is still talking about Marquee. From the start, Karl was so easy to work with, and I didn't have a doubt in my mind that he and all of Marquee would deliver just as wonderfully.

I can't thank them enough for making mine and my husband's day unforgettable. We were completely blown away by the band and all of their talents. Everything was perfect, from the big things to the smallest details. The band catered to the crowd so well—I took a moment to sit and look, and it was the best feeling to see everyone together dancing to the best live band I have ever heard.

Karl and Marquee went above and beyond for us, and even learned our entrance song for our reception. I also had a few very special requests (song dedications, calling up family members for songs), and they accommodated each and every one. They knew what each age group wanted to hear, and got everyone involved. They even went out on the dance floor to let the younger crowd sing. Heck, they let my cousin, who is a singer, step in and sing with the band!

Everything was perfect. I can't thank them enough. Their energy was contagious, and I'm thrilled to recommend them. If you hire Marquee, you'll hire true talent and experience live entertainment at its best.

User4914935

2+ years ago

Absolutely an amazing band with such exceptional individuals.

B
Barbara

Married on 09/20/2014

We highly recommend Marquee! At our Sept 2014 wedding, they had everyone - young and old - up on the dance floor having a blast. The band seemed to be having a great time performing too. Ted did a terrific job as MC, the vocals were great and the brass section sounded outstanding. The band played all our requested songs and at the end of the night let the two of us take a turn at the mic. Our guests raved about the fun of dancing to a live 9-piece live band!

We also had two of the band members play during the cocktail hour, which was so cool. Also, Karl was great to work with.

Married on 06/23/2012

Marquee band is the best wedding band ever. From our initial contact right through the evening of our wedding - we have nothing but praise for Karl and the band. Talented, classy, and fun. Reliable. Down to earth. Our guests continue to comment "your band was great" "the best band" "we want to use them". To the MC to the singers to the musicians, we truly extend our thanks.

Stephanie

Married on 11/05/2011

THEY WERE INCREDIBLE! They played everything for the younger to the older. It was just a blast

User1084600

2+ years ago

Marquee was phenomenal. Our guests were complimenting them all night. LOVED THEM!

M
jennifer

Married on 10/23/2010

Can not say enough about this band, incredible!
MOB: I only missed two songs the whole evening.
Everyone commented on how great they were!

P
pumpkinpye13

Married on 11/15/2008

One word AMAZING! Honestly, I was a little nervous about a band prior to the wedding…. I wasn’t sure if people would respond to a band the way they do a DJ, and my biggest fear was that nobody would be on the dance floor. Well…. There was no reason for me to worry! Marquee was AMAZING! They had the dance floor packed all night! Guests were asking my Mom where we found Marquee and were praising their performance all night long! I gave Karl, the bandleader, a short playlist and asked him to use his judgment for the rest of the night. He did an awesome job and played all the right songs to keep our guests dancing and having a great time! The band learned our original first dance song You’re All I Need To Get By since it wasn’t on their playlist, and they did a great job with it! The members of Marquee are extremely talented musicians and did a phenomenal job at our wedding! To anyone that may be on the fence about a live band I would say, GO FOR IT, specifically go for Marquee! Marquee brought an awesome energy to the reception! I can not recommend Marquee enough! And another great thing about Marquee, they are much more affordable than some other nine piece bands out there and they bring an MC with them! They were AMAZING!

L
Lisa

Married on 11/21/2015

Marquee did an amazing job at our November wedding! We used them for ceremony and cocktail hour music along with the full band for the reception. Karl handled every request for us and made the planning process very easy.

We received rave reviews from our guests about how phenomenal the band was. Marquee has played at several of my family weddings and they did not disappoint. Our guests danced ALL NIGHT LONG and they pretty much had to drag my husband and I off the dance floor at the end of the night. Thank you!

Andrew

Married on 05/30/2015

Looking for a great band that 'ticks all the boxes' is harder to find than you might think. Marquee took all of the guesswork out of the process. Everything about Karl and the band was A+ from start to finish. The music was always exceptionally performed, fun, and lively. We had several people ask for them by name during and after the wedding. We can not recommend them highly enough.
Andrew & Carly

J
Justine

Married on 10/01/2011

Phenomenal Band! They provided outstanding entertainment for our wedding and we received compliments from practically everyone at the wedding, including the catering staff, venue staff, etc. People kept commenting they were forgetting the songs were not by the actual artist, because they sounded so authentic. It was one heck of a party!

User4494249

2+ years ago

Our guests loved the Marquee band at our wedding! They played songs friendly for all guests and they surprised us and performed during the ceremony as we walked down the aisle. Also, they were really accommodating with our budget. Our only qualms were that we asked for our first dance song to be cut to 90 seconds, but it went the whole time creating some awkward moments, and our MC, who was a friend, did not have positive feedback while coordinating with the band to decide when, how and who would speak at each break. Other than that, they were excellent to work with and I would definitely use them again for a future event.