Back to Matty B Entertainment

Featured
Matt Duplessis

Married on 12/08/2018

Blown away by Matty B!

2 words: BOOK HIM. Everything about Matty B's performance was beyond anything we could have even dreamed of. The first words out of every guest that night were "Where did you find this guy!? ", and everyone is still raving about him today - 6 weeks later.
We booked Matty B for the full night: ceremony, cocktail, and reception. There ceremony and reception were in 2 separate buildings, and Matty B was able to set up sound systems in both spaces without hesitation. He played live sax as guests were arriving and during the ceremony. And continued with live sax, guitar, and singing throughout cocktail hour and dinner, and then got the party going! I know I'm biased since it was my wedding, but I've never been to a wedding where the dance floor was so packed all night and everyone was having this much fun. I've been to weddings with 10+ person bands that don't even compare - Matty B is so unique and truly a special talent. His YouTube videos are great, but they do not do him justice. He was super professional, knows how to read the room, had perfect music selections, and I could go on and on and on. I hope you stopped reading this review 5 sentences ago to go BOOK HIM.

Emily Haberlin

Married on 06/22/2019

Matty b is the best!

When we first saw Matty B at a friend's wedding, we couldn't stop raving about his performance weeks later. So when we got engaged, without question we were looking to book Matty B for our cocktail hour and wedding reception. Not surprisingly, our guests had the same reaction we did! They could not stop raving about how much fun they had and how great Matty B was. He provides a perfect balance of live music (sax and guitar) and DJ, and kept our guests dancing all night long! He is a true entertainer.

R
Robbie Krueger

Married on 05/19/2019

Wedding day

Best DJ hands down... Does everything from sax to the guitar to signing then jamming out your playlist... You ll love him every second I promise you!

danielle
danielle

Married on 09/23/2018

My wedding planning priorities went like this:

1. Get Engaged
2. Secure A Venue
3. Book Matty B

When I first encountered Matty B's wide range of talents at a family wedding three years ago, I knew without a doubt that we would be seeing him again for MANY MORE family weddings to come. He is a complete pro, and a phenomenal one-man-band-DJ that is simultaneously classic and one of a kind. He took the party through cocktail hour to a dance party reception and ran the night so smoothly - I can't praise him and his talent enough. I know I'll be seeing him again since now my family has grown accustomed to the Matty B Standard of Wedding Receptions - no one is going to want to hire anyone else!

M
Michael

Married on 09/22/2018

Matty B literally made our wedding. The majority of rave reviews centered around Matty B. He is a jack of all trades; he did acoustic and sax at our cocktail hour, MCed the wedding traditions, played some guitar in the dining room while people ate, and DJed at the end with some added singing and sax. It was AMAZING. I thought other reviews were joking when they said that their friends tried to book him mid-wedding but they weren’t kidding at all; so many people have told us they approached him during the wedding and will book him in the future. Book Matty B, you will not be disappointed.

Kaitlin

Married on 08/31/2018

Matty B was awesome. His mix of live music and DJ kept the party going all night long. He played live music for our ceremony and cocktail hour. Our guests have not stopped talking about how amazing he was! He was always willing to play anything requested, but also followed our base playlist we provided. He has a great personality and was very easy to work with through the planning process. He was very engaging with all of the guests. We would not hesitate to hire him for any event we have in the future!

Elizabeth

Married on 08/25/2018

Matty is by far the BEST musician/DJ out there in the wedding world. He truly is the difference between a good wedding and a great wedding. His musical talent is unbelievable. One second he is playing the sax, the other second he is singing Michael Buble (and yes he sounds just as good, if not better than Buble). He kept the party going all night at my wedding. Not a person was in their seat because everyone was on the dance floor! He is such a blast. If you are looking for someone who is fun, can read a crowd, has great taste in music, is different than an average DJ, and will keep the party going all night, Matty is your guy!

N
Nicole

Married on 08/18/2018

Matty B was absolutely amazing! He was our DJ for our wedding on August 18, 2018. Our guests talked about how great he was consistently throughout the night! Everyone loved him & everyone was dancing! Matty B is the perfect mix of live music and DJ. You get the best of both worlds, and you seriously can't find any better! We highly recommend him for any event!

G
Gena

Married on 08/10/2018

Matty B is beyond amazing! From setting the tone with saxophone when guests arrived for the ceremony, to wowing the guests with his incredible voice during dinner, and to keeping everyone on the dance floor all night long with his DJ + live music double play, Matty B really made the night. Every guest we spoke to commented on how amazing he is, wondered how such an incredible talent existed, and wanted to know where we found him. The praise continued to brunch the next day. There was no shortage of amazement and wow from everyone at the wedding, including ourselves, the bride and groom.

Matty B is also very easy to work with. He is responsive and professional. I wanted a special remix for my father-daughter dance, and Matty B did it right away, giving us plenty of time to practice the dance. Everyone loved the remix! He was able to help us manage the schedule on the day of the wedding while making sure we're comfortable with the pace. Everything was so smooth, easy, and relaxed.

We cannot recommend him enough. Thank you, Matty B, for making our wedding more fun and awesome than we could've ever imagined!

H
Heather

Married on 08/09/2018

Matty B was an excellent choice for our wedding at Glen Manor! I would say his flexibility with regard to what we wanted was spot on. We weren't exactly sure how we wanted a few things to go that night so he made us feel very comfortable in leaving our options open and seeing how it played out. We loved the fact that he mixed some live music, especially during cocktail hour when he was floating around with his saxophone. He also met us prior to the event to discuss everything and was always readily available when we needed him. A true professional and a great performer!

L
Linda

Married on 06/08/2018

The best! If you r lucky enough to hire matty for your event, you r in for the best party of your life Matty is completely wonderful, a fantastic musician, an engaging entertainer, and the sweetest guy

Alison

Married on 05/26/2018

If you’re looking for your guests to tell you that your wedding was the BEST wedding they’ve ever attended then look no farther. Matty B is nothing short of extraordinary. He had the dance floor packed all night- even during dinner! The dance floor wasn’t big enough to fit everyone-I’m pretty sure people were even dancing on the carpet! Not only is he so talented, he’s extremely professional, personable, and organized. He was even willing to play a sax solo for my husband and I for our grand entrance. He told me no other bride had ever requested that from him but “let’s give it a shot! ” And it was AMAZING! Matt is more than anything you could ever imagine on your big day. You’d really be missing out on an amazing experience if you chose anyone else!

James

Married on 04/27/2018

Matty B was an incredible entertainer! I say that because at our wedding he wasn't only a DJ, but a singer, guitarist, drummer, and saxophonist. What impressed me most is his DJ'ing was far and between, I felt like most songs were played by him, and he was amazing.

I also appreciate his communication throughout the entire process. We Skyped when needed because he was out of face-to-face distance to meet. We had several contacts through phone, e-mail, and text and he was very timely with all of his responses. He was also very accomodating to all of our requests, including playing our 1st dance song!

The best compliment I can give is that everyone who was at my wedding stated he was the best entertainment, they kept asking if he had a card, and I kept telling them, "go ask him, I'm sure he does!

An amazing experience and I would highly recommend him for anyone looking for more than some average DJ experience!

Amanda

Married on 11/03/2017

Above and beyond my expectations. I could not have dream up a beter DJ

C
Christina

Married on 10/20/2017

Matty B is the entertainer you need for any event, especially a wedding. He is the best of the best, and helped make our wedding day, PERFECT. He is very easy to work with, as well as accommodating. He has such a great personality and honestly just gets what you want. Matt has an exceptional voice and is phenomenal on his saxophone. The live music, as well as his djing skills were a perfect combination. Our dance floor had both of our families dancing throughout the entire night. I still am having guests asked where we found him, and asking for his information! Book him, you will not be disappointed in the least bit.

M
Mia

Married on 10/14/2017

I'm so happy that we went with Matty B for our wedding. He made the night fun and entertaining and was fabulous to work with. A gentleman all around. Its been a month since my wedding and people are still talking about him and how great he was! I Highly Highly recommend him and will tell all future brides that I meet to use him for their special day.

Jessie

Married on 09/30/2017

Matty B is an Incredible entertainer! We couldn't be happier to have booked him for our wedding. He is phenomenal on the saxophone! It was perfect for the ceremony, cocktail hour, reception dinner, and throughout the evening. Our guests are still raving about him! Overall, he is an amazing entertainer and huge highlight our wedding day!

Eliza

Married on 09/23/2017

Do not second guess yourself, booking Matty B for your wedding is a must. If you want live music, but also don’t want to sacrifice the perks of a DJ as well, he is the perfect choice! Matty B has a beautiful voice, and an incredible talent to blend his live music and playlists together. We utilized Matty B’s saxophone playing for our cocktail hour. The way he interacted with our guests and his smooth notes in the background set the tone of entertainment for the rest of the wedding. He also has a good sense of how to interact with different guests. He really played it up with my grandmother who loves live music and talking where he kindly just played alongside some more quiet family members. Our entrances, speeches and dances went off without a hitch. During dinner, Matty provided simple entertainment as well that continued to impress our guests, and allowed for something to talk about it table talk had gone silent. When it came time to dance, Matty B brought the energy and the playlist. He played the songs we requested, but at just the right time to fit the mood of the crowd.
Communicating with Matty B was very easy. He provided many planning tools to help us with our music selection, was professional in all conversations, and was prompt and ready with all equipment for set up and take down.
He will be a forever legend of our wedding!

Erin

Married on 09/16/2017

MattyB was so kind and helpful throughout the entire process of planning our wedding! We wanted a DJ but also someone who could play live and interact with the crowd to keep the dance floor packed all night, which is exactly what we got from him! Everyone loved the fact that he was able to play the guitar and the saxophone as well as sing a huge variety of songs! We were so happy and pleased with how the entire wedding night went thanks to Mattyb. He played the ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner and the reception. We would highly recommend mattyb.

Kendra

Married on 09/15/2017

Matty B was amazing! From the pre-planning, ceremony, reception, and everything in between, Matty B was phenomenal! The saxophone and guitar were a must have, and his singing is impeccable. Matty even learned a specific song for me for when I walked down the aisle. He was a perfect fit for us! Thank you so much for being a part of our special day!

S
Sandra

Married on 08/05/2017

Matty B is the best! Still getting feedback from our guest how great he was! He's very nice and pleasant to deal with I highly recommend him for your next event! We love that he played the saxophone, sings and dj's! Best entertainer I have seen! Thanks Matty B!

R
Randolph

Married on 07/29/2017

MattyB: Muscian, DJ and MC Extraordinaire!

“Amazing! ” … “Wow! Where did you find him?!? ” … were typical of the OH-SO-MANY compliments we received from our wedding guests regarding MattyB and his music at our July 2017 wedding celebration. We are an older couple (both in our 50’s) and some of the elements in our wedding ceremony and reception weren’t necessarily “traditional”. However, MattyB worked with us to tailor our special day to be just the way we wanted it to be … and he was fantastic! MattyB was very flexible in helping us with all of our needs and ensuring that everything went smoothly – serving as sound system engineer, musician, DJ and MC – for our celebration that had both outdoor and indoor elements. We had an outdoor ceremony and were concerned that our guests would be able to hear well … MattyB set up his first class sound system, and the words that were spoken and the special recorded song we had selected for our service, came across clearly and were of a perfect volume. After the wedding, during the hors d’oeuvres and refreshments hour held on an outdoor deck, MattyB strolled amongst our guests, entertaining them with his wonderful saxophone playing. When we moved inside for dinner, MattyB subtly and expertly orchestrated the evening while continuing to delight everyone with his incredible singing and wonderful instrumental pieces, while mixing in recorded music we had specifically requested for the occasion. When we opened up the dance floor, it filled up instantly and remained that way for the rest of the evening! Dancing to MattyB’s live and recorded music was so much fun! We wished the evening could go on and on … MattyB was everything we had hoped he would be and more … He truly helped to make our wedding celebration an absolutely wonderful and memorable occasion! Thank you so much, MattyB!

Karen

Married on 07/02/2017

Matty B was the way to go. We heard him sing at one of his weekly engagements and knew right away we was the man for the job! We booked him that night and throughout the whole process he was incredibly flexible and great to work with. The feedback from our guests, as well as our own, has been fantastic! Thank you Matty B for helping our wedding be a success in a huge way!

Ali

Married on 06/24/2017

Matty B was truly unbelievable at our wedding, and we had the time of our lives! We have received countless remarks from guests about how wonderful he was, and we were so happy to see guests on the dance floor the whole time and really enjoying themselves. Matty B made our wedding day! Besides being musically gifted, he is professional, kind, and a true entertainer. We are so grateful to him for performing at our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception!
-Ali & Brendan Butler

John

Married on 06/17/2017

Incredible performer! Incredible talent! He does it all. We initially came up with a number of songs we wanted Matty to play at the wedding. But then we went to see him perform one night and were blown away by his singing, his sax playing, his entertaining. He was the complete package. So, when it came time to go over that list of songs, we just threw it out and told Matty to do what he does! Let me tell you, that worked out tremendously as he was amazing at the wedding! Everyone was singing and dancing all night long. We have been to many weddings over the years and never, ever have I been to one where after the last song was played, the crown was chanting the DJ's or entertainers name! Matty B! Matty B! We can still hear it now. There is no doubt that everyone should have Matty B as their entertainment, no matter what kind of event it is as they will have the time of their life! We can't thank Matty enough for making our day incredible!