Back to Melissa Stimpson Photography

14 Reviews for Melissa Stimpson Photography

Kendall

Married on 09/22/2018

Simply wonderful!

Melissa was truly a pleasure to work with! She was very responsive, flexible in meeting times and phone calls, and does truly amazing work. When we received our wedding photos there were too many great photos to choose from, and she captured every important moment from the day plus others I couldn't have even imagined. Hire her!

Melissa Stimpson Photography's reply:

Thank you Kendall for the glowing review! You are too sweet:) We loved being apart of your wedding and wish you and Dan the very best in life and in love! oxox

Meredith
Meredith

Married on 08/11/2018

Amazing amazing

Melissa and Bethanny were absolutely amazing to work with. I cannot recommend them enough! They took absolutely beautiful pictures and were so easy to work with. Melissa kept me calm on the wedding day when we had to change plans last minute due to rain. Highly recommend!

M
Mallory

Married on 09/23/2017

Melissa and her team were an absolute pleasure to work with. I had Melissa shoot my engagement pictures about a year before our wedding, and we were immediately impressed with her photos. , but once we started to receive our wedding pictures back we were beyond impressed. She was so helpful throughout the entire process. During the week leading up to my wedding she took the time to walk through the entire timeline of the day, all of my must have shot lists, and even suggested some photos that I didn't think of that are now some of my favorite pictures. On the wedding day she was extremely professional yet so fun to be around She grabbed my Husband and I at all the right times to sneak away from the reception for just a few more pictures that she felt were needed - and captured every little detail we were looking for to allow us to relive our day over and over again. We were so impressed with her work that we have already referred her to a family member and friend who will be using her next fall. We can't wait to see her again! Can't say enough great things about her work.

Jennifer

Married on 09/16/2017

Melissa's photographs of our wedding were absolutely beautiful! She really captured the love and the feeling of the day; we are so grateful. Melissa and Bethany were both super efficient and prepared, which allowed for us both to be stress-free and to just enjoy the day. We couldn't be happier with the end result!

Kaitlin

Married on 08/05/2017

Melissa did a fabulous job with our wedding photos! We are so happy with the end product and couldn't recommend her enough. She made the entire process comfortable and easy. We can't wait to share our photos with our family and friends!

Jenn

Married on 05/27/2017

Throughout our wedding day, I was so glad to have Melissa and her team there. They are incredibly professional, organized and all three of them were so calm and helpful. We really felt we were in capable hands the whole day, which in the craziness of our wedding day, it was so so appreciated!

We have HUGE families and Melissa, Bethany and Dave did everything they could to make sure we got the shots we wanted and accommodated any last-minute requests we had or half-baked picture ideas.

Melissa not only takes gorgeous photos, but she is very, very open to requests and ideas. She gave us a questionnaire to complete before the wedding with all the details and all the portraits we wanted to capture, and her assistant had a clipboard with a checklist going to make sure we got each and every shot we wanted. Pictures are very important to me, so this was amazing.

Her beautiful eye for composition was what got me to book her, but it was her whole team’s incredible professionalism that made them such a joy to work with. We are so thankful for their hard work!

Jamie

Married on 09/11/2016

Melissa photographed our intimate Narragansett wedding (as well as our engagement photos last year) and was absolutely lovely to work with. She is incredibly kind and always responded promptly to my emails throughout the planning process. We found her pricing to be very reasonable compared to other photographers, especially given the quality of her work. The package includes the rights to all of the digital images, including the ability to download them all, which not all photographers offer. A few weeks before the wedding, Melissa called me to go over a detailed timeline for the wedding day which made me feel much more prepared and turned out to be quite helpful in keeping things running smoothly throughout the day. She was the ideal blend of warm and friendly, helping us feel comfortable and enjoy ourselves in front of the camera, while gently organizing rogue bridal party members/family members when needed. She captured so many amazing moments from our wedding day and the pictures are absolutely breathtaking, full of light and completely capturing the emotion we were hoping for. I never expected to have so many favorites. Our wedding day felt like pure perfection and we are so thrilled to have such beautiful photos to help us remember that feeling in the years to come.

Thank you Melissa!
- Jamie & Travis

E
Erica

Married on 10/11/2015

You will not be disappointed. We absolutely loved Melissa from the moment we met her. Super talented, super sweet and affordable. Highly recommend her!

User4198389

2+ years ago

My husband and I worked with Melissa for our engagement pictures. She was great to work with from the moment I reached out to her, she was very responsive and very easy to work with. The day of she really went above and beyond. We were traveling from one site to another and she saw a photo opportunity. Based off of our consultation, Melissa pulled over and asked us if we wanted to take pictures at a site she saw because she knew that I really liked the setting. She was the best! We love our engagement photos! I can not recommend her enough, and hope that one day we can work with her again.

A
Amanda

Married on 11/03/2012

I cannot say enough great things about Melissa. She is delightful, her talent is unmatched, and her photos are spectacular. Her customer service is spot on, and after we booked her she sent me a package in the mail with a cute note and a book of love quotes. I have only seen three of our wedding photos, but she included a free engagement session for us, which i highly recommend. By the time the wedding came around, we were all comfortable around each other, which made things a lot easier. Her attention to detail is wonderful, and her costs are reasonable. The only negative was that the rights to the digital photos are not included in her fee, but a (worth it) add on cost. BOOK HER.

P
Pilar

Married on 06/12/2012

Melissa was absolutely phenomenal. Not only is she super sweet, her pictures are absolutely stunning. Our engagement photos are amazing - everyone is still talking about them. I would recommend Melissa to everyone and anyone who wants beautiful, timeless and amazing photographs!

Kristen

Married on 10/07/2017

Melissa and her team are not only wonderful to work with, but the finished product is stunning. She is very easy to work with and will help take you through all the steps for her to understand the vision and priorities for your big day. It was important to us to have our same photographer for our engagement session so we could get to know them before the wedding day, and Melissa was so accommodating in traveling to NYC to have our engagement session near our home. On the day itself, Melissa and her team were right on time, got all of our preferred shots (it was a long list! ) and we still had some time to ourselves before joining the party. The end photos are stunning -- consistent with her light-filled style which we love. The final photos were delivered on time as outlined -- which was so lovely to get photos to use for holiday cards. We would highly recommend Melissa for engagement and wedding photos, she and her team are talented, professional, and easy to work with! Thank you Melissa!

L
Leighton

Married on 08/07/2016

Melissa and her team were fantastic! We used her for both our engagement photos and wedding photography. Our photos are stunning and we absolutely love them! Melissa was very patient during our awkwardness at our engagement session and everything turned out great. We have many conversations before our wedding day about what we wanted, our timeline and must have photos for the day and she got our vision perfectly! The turnaround time for our photos was super-fast too!

Private_User449
Jessica Lynn

Married on 07/12/2014

4.7

We just got our engagement session photos in, which were included in the photography package we chose from our photographer Melissa Stimpson. She did such an amazing job on all of the shots, my fiancé and I are so happy with every photo from the entire day! The photos were taken in the city after 4pm during 30’ weather but you’d never know it from the amount of natural light she was able to capture throughout the session. This makes me so excited for our wedding day photos, we absolutely LOVE Melissa Stimpson’s quality of work.