Back to Midway Village Museum

Rebecca
Rebecca Earp

Married on 09/08/2019

Perfection!

In only 30 characters? Midway Village was beautiful and Lisa was a pleasure to work with!

Midway Village Museum's reply:

Thank you Becca!!! Thank you for sharing your photos too. You look stunning!! Many, many blessings to you two!

Kelly

Married on 07/27/2019

Beautiful Venue, kind and attentive staff

This venue is an absolute gem! I cannot say enough about how positive our experience was in getting married at the Midway Village Museum this past July. In addition to getting married at the Midway, we took our engagement pictures there as well. They have multiple ceremony sites but we got married at the gazebo site. The garden near the gazebo was in bloom and stunning the day of our wedding. The historical buildings are simply charming and whimsical, it tied in perfectly with the look and vibe we were going for. The staff at the Midway were so accommodating and laid back. They were quick to respond, easy to talk to and patient with questions we had about the ceremony space, timing and on and on. We were able to easily set up times to view and tour the venue. All of this went a long way to put me at ease. They made our day easier, not more difficult, and that to me was priceless. Lisa is a breeze to work with. We had no issues whatsoever. They had the site set up as needed for our rehearsal and wedding day. Our wedding coordinator also had a positive experience working with Lisa. They have a gorgeous bridal suite to use for pictures and getting ready on site and were accommodating with special requests. This venue should be on your short list! Working with people that care about making it a good experience for you, makes all the difference in the world.

Midway Village Museum's reply:

Awe thank you Kelly!! You two were so wonderful to work with!! It was great working with your planner, Jessa too. She was on top of everything which made everything a piece of cake for us to handle. We wish you guys the very best and look forward to seeing more of your beautiful photos!!!

B
Brenda Mengel

Married on 06/22/2019

Picture perfect

The venue was an amazing place for photos! And the staff was great to work with! Lisa went out of her way to help make everything perfect!

Midway Village Museum's reply:

Thank you so much Brenda! You were all wonderful to work with. So glad the day was beautiful. The photos are stunning!!!

S
Starr Lander

Married on 06/01/2019

Lisa Beardsworth was so very helpful and professional!

Lisa was fantastic and the Midway Village venue was perfect. I would highly recommend Lisa and the Village to anyone. Thank you for everything Lisa!

Midway Village Museum's reply:

Thanks so much Starr for trusting us with such an important day!! We are grateful for your business and hope you return soon!

Courtney
Courtney

Married on 05/04/2019

Lisa is THE BEST! We were booking from out of town and she made the process so easy and answered all of our questions so quickly. Unfortunately we had a surprise move prior to our wedding so we had to cancel. We are so sad because the venue is beautiful and Lisa was amazing! But even in canceling she was so helpful! Look no further than Midway Village! Thanks again Lisa!

Sheri
Sheri Adolph

Married on 11/24/2018

Amazing and super easy.

Working with Lisa was very easy. She made our wedding seamless. The communication was great, very responsive and she answered any and all our questions. The venue fit our needs perfectly. We would highly recommend Midway Village Museum for your next event.

Midway Village Museum's reply:

Thank you Sheri!! You were so great to work with and SOOOOO organized and creative!!! I loved seeing your decor in the Barn! Many blessings to you two!!

J
Jenna

Married on 06/30/2018

I had my event at Midway Village. It was very reasonably priced and unique-nothing else like it around here! Super helpful staff and a clean, easy parking venue.

Midway Village Museum's reply:

Thank you so much Jenna! You were a beautiful bride!!! Your photos are stunning! Best of Luck!!!

Katie
Katie

Married on 06/16/2018

We just got married this June at midway; ceremony at the gazebo and reception in the barn. Because midway is a small village of old buildings the photo opportunities are endless. Our photos were stunning and the colors were so vibrant! We rolled the dice with an outdoor ceremony but it worked out perfect. The barn doesn’t have air condition (yet) so it was really really hot and most people spent their time outside the barn. I was a little sad we didn’t spend a lot of time in the barn because it’s gorgeous, but the grounds are beautiful as well so it worked out just fine! My guest told me it was the hottest wedding but was one of the most stunning venues they had seen. We couldn’t do anything about the heat so we just went with it and everyone still had a blast! Lisa is now in charge of wedding events and I absolutely loved her! She was fantastic, gave me ideas I didn’t think about and got back to me quickly about all my little questions. I would highly recommend checking out midway for your wedding celebration. I wouldn’t trade my photos for any other place! Midway Village Museum works great for any budget!

Midway Village Museum's reply:

Awe. Thanks Katie. You two were great to work with and we are honored that we got to be part of such a special day for you two! Best of luck to you and keep us in mind for any future events you may have!

User4216799

2+ years ago

The barn is beautiful! The price is really reasonable and includes setup and take down of chairs and tables. Perfect for a rustic/country themed wedding.

M
Melinda

Married on 06/14/2014

We had our reception in the red barn. It's beautiful inside! Which made decorating a very simple task. We just decorated the tables and let the barn be it's own beauty! The price is extremely reasonable. We were so very happy with the way things went!

D
Danielle

Married on 05/26/2012

This was a great place for our outdoor wedding. They have a gazebo that we used for the ceremony. They also have a church there for smaller weddings. It is a museum, but not like any other. It has buildings that make it look like it's from the past giving plenty of photo opps. You are able to rent the building across from the gazebo which is an old fashion hotel for the bride and her girls to get ready. It's also great because you can have your reception there as well so no one has to drive anywhere. If you have any out-of-towners there are plenty of hotels not to far as well.

Heather
Heather

Married on 05/19/2012

They were absolutely great! They were available to help me in anyway possible! They were very quick to respond back to my voicemails, and answered my questions to the fullest!

Bridget
Bridget Williams

Married on 06/15/2019

Beautiful, unique venue

Our wedding at Midway Village was absolutely beautiful! In terms of unique venues in the Rockford area, Midway Village absolutely cannot be beat. Our ceremony was in front of the gazebo with reception in the barn. I had several guests comment that this was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been to. The staff were super super helpful with so many things--planting extra flowers at our ceremony site, use of golf carts during setup and teardown, quick to bring and set up extra chairs or tables, etc. It was a bit nerve wracking waiting to see whether the weather would cooperate, but everything turned out perfectly and I'm so happy we chose this venue! If your heart is calling you to have an outdoor ceremony like mine was, Midway is a wonderful venue.

Midway Village Museum's reply:

Thank you Bridget for the wonderful review. We are so grateful that you chose Midway Village for your most important day!!! You two were so easy going it was a pleasure to help!! Many blessings to you!
Lisa B

Ashley
Ashley

Getting married on 10/10/2020

4.7

We absolutely loved Midway Village. The setting was gorgeous. We got married in the gazebo. They have a house across from it where they have a brides room upstairs all decorated victorian. We then had our reception in their vintage barn. Our guests loved it. Fran was fantastic to work with. We mostly e-mailed and she always got back to me right away. I even noticed some of them were sent in the evening and probably from her home. Anyway love,love, love this place.

Kate

Married on 05/30/2015

We used the Barn and the yard around it for our May wedding. The barn was beautiful and worked out perfectly. Simple yet beautiful. The permanent bathrooms and elevator made everything more pleasant for our guests! We got so many comments on the facility. I think it is a great value for the price.

User5560869

2+ years ago

Mary was initially a bit hard to get a hold of about some questions I had, but overall she was very good about working with me on what our needs are. The 1905 barn is beautiful, and perfect for a rustic themed wedding!

S
Sarah

Married on 06/14/2005

I had my wedding reception inside at midway theater. Because I had it on a Tuesday night, Midway theater charged $50 an hour for a total of $400 for the reception. This was an exceptional price considering the many other places which charge a lot more. As the other lady said, the manager was sometimes hard to get a hold of. That being said, she usually returned my call within 2 or 3 days. I also kept calling until I received a response. My reception was gorgeous and incredibly affordable. Because of the price, I did not expect the kind of catering I would have received had I spent more. I didn't get catered to much but then I didn't have to pay exorbitant wedding reception prices either. All in all this was a terrific value. I did not have my wedding ceremony here.

Ashli
Ashli

Married on 10/13/2018

Wonderful, pleasant, beautiful!

We were so glad that we were able to have both the ceremony and reception at the same location with Midway Village. Although we originally wanted to have our wedding in the village a weekend later, the weekend we went with turned out wonderful; God has a plan for everything, and its a good thing we went for a weekend earlier or we would've had some nasty weather! The ceremony location (by the water wheel out front) was set up perfectly, and the reception in the Lakeview rooms was so simple to put together. Lisa (rentals manager) was fantastic to work with and very responsive. The location was beautiful for taking pictures, especially the village and by the lake. I think the only things that could've been done better were due to the timing of our set up (which we were allowed to do the day before the wedding) and a MV event that we didn't realize was happening - but everything worked out regardless. The venue was clean, staff was pleasant and accommodating. Thank you, Midway!

Midway Village Museum's reply:

Thank you Ashli for sharing your amazing photos and allowing us to celebrate your most important day with you!!! You were one of the most well organized brides I've ever worked with so kudos to you!! Thanks again!! We look forward to seeing you soon!
Lisa B

User4737336

3.2

The price can't be beat for a wedding venue. We had the chapel and barn. With the price of the barn, you get the whole day to set up, unlike some other venues around town. VERY difficult to get ahold of Fran, who takes care of booking and arrangements.

J
Jennifer

Married on 10/26/2012

3.2

Beautiful old little white church

M
Jessica

Married on 10/01/2011

3.0

We rented the barn for both our wedding and reception. The venue was beautiful and in an ideal setting for our rustic theme.

We did hit a few snags along the way. When we met for our final meeting with the coordinator a week before the wedding we were told that there were no other weddings or events the day we reserved the village. When we arrived the day before to setup, we were informed that there were actually two other weddings besides ours. It didn't make too much of a difference but did mean we had to call a few of our vendors and ask them to enter the village using a different route so they weren't driving through another ceremony. I'm not sure why the staff wasn't aware of the number of events being held.

Also, when we booked the barn we were told it would be cleaned and the floors would be mopped. Upon arrival for setup all of our chairs and tables were in place but the floors were lacking. There were places where it looked like someone had cleaned all the rocks out of their shoes. There was also gum on the floor in two different places and cobwebs that hadn't been taken care of. We called the main line and asked they be cleaned again and explained the issue. When I was leaving I ran into the man in charge of maintenance and asked if he'd received the call about cleaning the floors. He told me "Well the floors aren't going to shine" to which I responded I didn't want them to shine, I just wanted them to be clean. He insisted he had mopped the floors twice but said he'd sweep again if I needed him to. Luckily one of my bridesmaids made a big enough stink about the mess that it had been cleaned when we arrived the next morning to setup last minute details. The disrespect I received from the maintenance person really sat with me the wrong way. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask that the floors be clean for an event in which someone usually wears a long white dress. And if someone has really mopped a floor twice, I'm not sure how gum remains.

Other than those issues, I would recommend Midway. The value was great and we had a lot of flexibility with our other vendors since they don't have a set list you must choose from. However, I would also advise that couples take a walkthrough their chosen venue the day before to make sure that the housekeeping is up to snuff.

A
A

Married on 08/20/2011

2.7

The place was beautiful, with a million photographic opportunities. It was easy to afford, and it ended up being a great night. Issues: Fran (sales) is pretty hard to get a hold of. You need to be out and cleaned up by 12:15 at the latest. Only beer and wine allowed, and must pay $200 alcohol fee.

Krystal

Married on 06/10/2011

2.3

We did a vintage style wedding and midway was perfect for this. We couldn't believe how affordable it was. The wedding was beautiful and went smoothly but Fran is impossible to get ahold of her. When we went to see rental and decided to go with them she said she would send out agreement. It took a month and hadn't heard anything so i called 2-3 times no answer then one day got a call saying she hadn't heard from us and assumed we didn't want the hall. Finally got our rental agreement and couldn't get ahold of her to pay. There we things leading up to wedding that we had questions about called and wouldn't get calls back for weeks. The day before my wedding i was trying to figure out chairs and was told she had surgery and they had someone else handling things and she didn't know anything about the weddings. It is beautiful there but i would not recommend unless they hire another rental person. Shaun the maintence guy helped us day before and of wedding. It was to much stress not getting calls back for a place this important for your wedding no matter how cheap or pricing it's a wedding and they should be more prompt.

C
Charlotte

Married on 08/08/2008

1.3

Midway Village is beautiful. The victorian village is wonderful and the grounds are gorgeous. We had our ceremony in front of the bridge that leads to the Millhouse. That being said the rental manager was horrific. She was virtually unreachable. Between my now husband, my father and I we called her at least one hundred times in the two months leading up to our wedding. I got one call back. That was when we lied to her saying that we wanted to rent, not that we wanted information about what we had already rented. My father ended up having to go down and surprise her to ask her any questions. When he asked her about when we could have our rehearsal she said any time the day before would be fine, that we didn't have to scheldule it because it was in the package. However, when we got to our rehearsal she said that we couldn't do it because another party was using the space. After explaining to her how many times we had called and what she said to my father we were able to do it. No one ever showed up from the supposed 'other party. ' Actually, no one came to the museum at all after we arrived because it was late in the day and the museum was closing. The day of the manager wasn't even present, which was probably for the best because it led our day to go well. If they get a new rentals manager I would recommend this place to anyone, but until then only use them if you don't mind not getting called back and being dodged by the vendor.