Back to Modern Love Photography

Lillian
Lillian Johnson

Getting married on 05/21/2021

Wonderful and personal

Amazing to work with, friendly and fun. The photos turned out amazing! I would highly recommend hiring her, you won't regret it.

Bri
Bri Huff

Getting married on 05/02/2020

Amazing Experience! Made our day so special!!

Denise and the entire modern love team are dedicated to providing the best experience possible. As someone that is naturally shy infront of the camera, you could never tell looking at our beautiful engagement photos. The eye for framing, posing, detail and support is both professional as well as very warm and loving.
From makeup to venue & photo session to images, Moden Love is the real deal. They are as kind and as their quality is outstanding! Definitely work with them, ZERO complaints. :)

Meagan
Meagan

Getting married on 10/18/2019

Choose Modern Love!

Now, there are countless things I could say about Modern Love Photography so let me just start by saying Denise is one phenomenal and very professional photographer. We arrived to the location, wide eyed and bushy tailed, and Denise and her two partners were so helpful, supportive and instructive. Denise is extremely personable and gets to know all of her clients before the shoot. This was super helpful in the way she directed our poses, gazes which thoroughly captured the essence of our relationship. We let Denise know that we are a goofy and affectionate couple and she delivered the most beautiful images that embodied our version of love. Honestly, with Denise's talent coupled with her cheering us on, we absolutely slayed our shoot and walked away with images that we will cherish for a lifetime! Thanks again Denise, can't wait to work with you in the future!

Hellolova
Olga

Married on 02/09/2019

Perfection

Everything has been amazing! Everything from the photos, the hair and make up, to the video of my wedding. Denise takes the time to make each encounter personal and extremely detailed, which is a beautiful aspect to her talent and art of photography. The ladies who do hair and make up ( Janessa and Mari just to name a few ) are incredibly talented! My husband and I are deeply happy and thankful that we’ve allowed Modern Love to take care of some of the most intimate moments throughout our engagement and our wedding.
The boudoir photo shoots are a must!
I’ll definitely be coming back for a maternity shoot in the future.

M
Molly

Married on 10/27/2018

The most incredible photographer!!

Denise is the most incredible photographer. She made me feel completely at ease and confident on my special day. It was great having the team of Modern love help capture special moments and help guide us through photos. What I really appreciated was how much help we got on the days before and day of. We received multiple confirmations about timelines and about what photos we would like to capture - all was done to help ensure we had a seamless day. Everything was perfect and Denise was a big reason why.

B
Brandy Carrier

Married on 10/13/2018

Brandy Carr

I only used the videographer, Christian, from the Modern Love folks.. He was AWESOME! I keep watching the video over and over - it takes me back to that beautiful day... Christian was so professional and sweet the day of the wedding and his editing was unbelievable! I would give him a rating of A+...

L
Lucy Bigelow

Married on 08/01/2018

Beautiful Wedding Photos!

Our wedding was a destination wedding, and we were planning from half a country away! I found Modern Love Photography online and booked them after viewing their portfolio and emailing back and forth a few times. At first I felt nervous since I had never met any of my vendors prior to the day of my wedding, but Denise was great and our wedding pictures turned out absolutely stunning!

N
Nadine Baughman

Married on 06/02/2017

Amazing team of photographers

I could not have been happier with my photography services for my engagement and wedding. The videography was also well worth the additional cost as well! Everything turned out beautifully and exactly as I had envisioned.

We had to rush our wedding so that my mom, who had cancer, would be well enough to attend and Denise was kind enough to even throw in a complimentary mother/daughter photo shoot of just my mom and I. These photos are now invaluable to me and I will never be able to repay her for the memories. Thank you to Denise and the entire team!

M
Megan Anderson

Married on 03/05/2016

The Best Photographer You Could Ask For

When I got married, we had a pretty finite budget to get a photographer, and Modern Love has a variety of packages that fit all budgets. The amazing part too, is that they also tend to include extras like a boudoir session or engagement photos. It's totally worth the cost. The BEST part is that we ended up getting the owner as our photographer, and man did we get a treat.

Denise is the best friend you didn't know you had. Still to this day, she drops me a line to tell me I'm wonderful, or ask how things are going. Literally the sweetest photographer in the Bay Area. Moreover on the day of the wedding, she was with us from the get go, making things fun--tending to me as the bride. My photos are so fun, and make me so happy every time I look at them. I also can't believe how cold it was that day, but she managed to make it look like a shining/ warm day. She's a miracle worker.

The extras were a dang good time too. My boudoir session was awesome, I have a couple of amazing prints I kept from that. Also ended up with such GORGEOUS engagement photos. I use one of them for my professional career as well.

Basically if you're getting married in the Bay Area, this group is who you should look into. They are WELL WORTH IT.

Jason
Jason Jenkins

Married on 09/05/2014

Wow wow wow!

We wanted to give praise to Denise and Team at
Modern Love Photography!

While wandering The Great Bridal Expo in San Francisco with little expectation of finding someone who could capture our special day, Denise and the Modern Love Photography team appeared. Call it love at first sight as we instantly made a connection. Denise thoroughly shared the details of each photo package then she explained she wanted to get to know us to really capture “Our Love Story”. She said she would arrange to shoot our engagement photos which was perfect because we didn’t have an opportunity to do so before.

Engagement Session:

Living in the Bay Area, the weather can be unpredictable and drastically different 20 miles away. I mention this as the location we were to shoot our engagement photos was rained out. However, Denise and team quickly took action and secured another location which happened to be one of the most breathtaking, secluded places in the Bay.

During the engagement shoot, The energy was electric but relaxing. The team fully embraced what nature had to offer as they arranged shots that highlighted our personalities. The finished product was absolutely gorgeous.

Leading up to our big day, we were in constant communication with Denise as we went over the must have shots and the flow of the day. At this point, we trusted her with our lives.

The Day of our Wedding:

Modern Love broke off into two teams and simultaneously photographed the bridal party and groomsmen getting ready. As soon as they arrived, the teams blended in with the celebration. In fact they blended in so well, we forgot that they were shooting. Little did we know, that was their M.O.

One of the many cool things that took part during the pre wedding festivities was this “little black book” I was presented with.

My wife had secretly arranged a boudoir session and the little black book housed the images from the shoot. I had never seen anything as sexy as that. I was so elated that my wife felt so comfortable with Denise to show the most revealing side of herself.

Leading up to the wedding, we decided to have a First Look and the bridal party portraits before the ceremony so we could enjoy the cocktail hour. We had never had so much fun as we did during that shooting. We laughed and joked around while Denise and team kept the cameras flashing. It was amazing.

That same energy carried on through the ceremony and it reflected in the photos. In all, Denise and team took thousands (and I mean thousands) of photos and with each photog sharing their own perspective. As much as it was a whirlwind of a day, it was magical and something that our family and friends will never forget.

Thank you to Denise and the entire Modern Love Photography Team for capturing those precious moments that will last a lifetime!

We would recommend/hire 1000/1000 times!

Sincerely,

The Jenkins

K
Kristin J

Married on 11/17/2018

Used as our wedding videographer and loved the final highlights video!

We used Modern Love Weddings as our wedding day videographer, we had already arranged a photographer which is why we didn’t use them for that service. While I wanted a videographer and kept reading how it was the one thing most brides regretted not getting, I couldn’t justify in our budget the quotes ($4-5k and up) I kept getting for one. Eventually I got an email from Modern Love Weddings about a videographer special for the end of the year (our wedding was in November 2018) where you get their videographer for 8 hours and end up with a ≈10-12min highlights video, all for $1,200 - this was exactly what I was looking for and in a price we could afford. We asked for some samples, liked what we saw, and jumped on the deal.

We worked with Christian Hernandez as our videographer and the final product was beyond what we could have hoped for. It literally brought streaming tears to my mother-in-law’s eyes and caused both me and my husband to choke up when we first watched. Christian was great and worked beautifully with our photographer (even though they never met before). He let our photographer take the lead and just documentary-style captured the entire day. We especially wanted the speeches in the video and feel Christian captured the entire gist of the day while allowing us to focus on the speeches and seeing everything in our video. We only chatted with Christian once before our wedding day yet he got exactly what we wanted, was on time, and delivered the final product about two months after our wedding day. His video editing was very professional! Would totally recommend using them to anyone.

If you’re interested in a sample of his work, here’s the link to our wedding highlights video:  https://vimeo. Com/311341543/38d616a0ff

And here are some of the other samples we received when we asked for some:
https://vimeo. Com/224524610
https://vimeo. Com/217332217
https://vimeo. Com/191233273

A
Ashley

Married on 07/14/2018

Definitely a pleasure to work with!

Denise and her fabulous team did everything to make our day as special and memorable as possible. Our pictures and video really told a story and I was really taken back at how beautiful they came out. I would recommend this to any bride who truly wants to invest in a great photographer. Remember, that is one of the few takeaways from that special day that you actually get to enjoy and keep forever! She takes her time to get to know you as a couple, really helps you get the best out of every session you have with her and is just a joy to be around.

C
Cheyenne Olen

Married on 03/18/2019

Just beautiful

I love the set up of our shoot and how professional everyone was. They made us feel comfortable and that brought out the natural love in our images. I can not wait to set a date and come back to schedule with them.

Marybel
Marybel

Married on 10/28/2017

Wedding Love Story

Modern Love Photography really helped captured our love story and accommodate our tight wedding day schedule.

Jean
Jean Kim

Married on 07/12/2014

2.8

late with missing photos

This is honestly a hard review for me to write. I did love Denise and her personality, and I loved my engagement shoot that I did with Katie.

But my wedding shoot was extremely, so extremely disappointing. We opted not to have a videographer and told people not to take pictures during the ceremony, so I’m just left with sad pictures (or the lack of pictures I guess).

For starters, the photographers were 45 minutes late. I heard there was a lot of traffic, and I wonder if this is the first thing that threw everything off. We initially signed a contract for Denise and Katie as the second shooter, but we found out that Katie was promoted as a main photographer, so there was a new guy.

The second photographer was nice but pretty useless. You could tell which photos he shot, and they were pretty poor. He did the groomsmen getting ready, but all of the photos are just close ups. The guys did a pillow fight (tradition with his friends), and every single one of them is just a close up of a man holding a pillow.

Also, one of the reasons we chose the venue was due to its interior, and I spent a lot of time looking at wedding photos done inside the building. I remember asking for photos in the hallway and taking a bunch, but I didn't see any. I was told they couldn’t shoot properly in there because of the lighting. I’m not sure why all the other photographers from that venue were able to get pictures, but I couldn’t.

We ended up with a handful of portraits, many of them disappointing because either my hair is blowing all over my face or my husband couldn’t keep a straight face. We spent a good portion of our decorating budget on flowers, but I don’t have a single photo of my centerpieces. My florist asked to add them to my portfolio, but I didn’t have any to offer her.

The biggest, most disappointing issue is that there are zero pictures of the whole wedding party, and I don't have a single photo of the whole family. How did that escape people? I wasn’t keeping track of each photo, and I really expected the photographers to do that. I don’t have one with just my parents or with my sister, who was my maid of honor. These pictures were things I just took for granted. It definitely wasn’t because we ran out of time because between the ceremony and reception, I was just sitting around in my room for about 45 minutes.

Aside from Denise's personality,  I was extremely disappointed with the whole day.   I even tried to get a refund for the "trash the dress" session I had also purchased and was met with a refusal.   They did refund us the cost of a second photographer though.

To this day, I get really sad seeing other great wedding photos and for years thinking about it could bring me to the verge of tears. That being said, obviously I survived and I did absolutely love my wedding. I still have beautiful memories of my wedding, and I’m happily married with a gorgeous kiddo. I just wish I had some photos too.